New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> newandyke mp3's...similar type of grind as daughters by Newandyke on Feb 4,2003 1:47am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Newandyke   at Feb 4,2003 1:47am
hey one of my singer posted on this before telling people to post comments about our bands music so post away...www.mp3.com/newandyke...www.newandyke.cjb.net...similar type of grind as daughters, discordance axis...blah blah we're grind.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Feb 4,2003 3:17pm
Daughters arent grind

toggletoggle post by ugh at Feb 4,2003 8:29pm
what the world doesnt need anymore of:

grind bands.

toggletoggle post by babysbreath   at Feb 4,2003 8:56pm
im so sick of that word.

toggletoggle post by ninjagrind   at Feb 4,2003 9:01pm
i think the word grind gets used too much.

oh fuck look at my name.

me =

most bands that are called grind today, im guessing aren't even close to grind. i thought grind was like.. nasum.. pig destroyer.. or devourment ?

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Feb 4,2003 9:54pm
Devourment isnt grind. The kill, retaliation, captain clean off, napalm death in the F.E.T.O area , agathocles, that is grind. Devourment owns any grind band though in my opion.

toggletoggle post by Newandyke   at Feb 6,2003 2:54am
uhhh ok sorry i offended everyone

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 6,2003 8:16am
These tracks are ok. They probably could use some better production work as the levels don't seem to really come together quite right.

toggletoggle post by music is music at Feb 6,2003 7:46pm
hey lets sit here and argue what bands are grindcore and which arent.
"there are too many grind bands coming out now.." yeah, fuck you.

lets listen to hardcore instead. hahahahahahaha.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Feb 6,2003 11:03pm
its very simple Its not grindcore, so go litsen to hardcore and shut up.

toggletoggle post by George   at Feb 6,2003 11:07pm
i like daughters alot. i think they're really good. i just dont think it should be called grind. carcass is grind. daughters is...i dunno something else.

every band sounds like every other band, i'd say half of the shit that comes out now is just ripping off slayer so whatever, if you want to do a daughters type band go for it.

toggletoggle post by xbandnamex   at Feb 7,2003 8:09am
Daughters is grind. Just because they have noisey fucked up shit going on doesnt mean they arent a grind band. Don't call them "posthardcore", "screamo" or anything else. It's grind. It's fast, there are blasts and the songs are short. Grindcore.

Seriously... why is it that big of a deal?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 7,2003 9:31am
daughters is grind. end of story. they're not phobia, but they're still grind. you all sound like jack black in hi fidelity trying to classify dumb shit. it's grind. and if it's not, who cares. not me.

toggletoggle post by Newandyke   at Feb 10,2003 3:28pm
we are very possibly going to play a show or two in providence with ex-atss band umbrella they are very good and like newandyke so HA and heres a pic of my fav. little turtle

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 10,2003 5:33pm edited Feb 10,2003 5:35pm
grind is fuckin old-carcass, impaled, origin, nasum, pig destroyer ect. ect.

daughters isn't really straight up grind. they are more of a metalcore band. I call it nu-grind. haha

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Feb 10,2003 6:28pm
uh origin and impaled are death/grind. Notice the death metal influence within the music. and yes daughters is "nu-grind" haha excellent description. But anyways if you want check out real grind go check out Retaliation or Napalm death in the from enslavement to obtheration era.

toggletoggle post by tyagxgrind   at Feb 10,2003 7:59pm
I thought grindcore was bands like... Discordance Axis, 324, Human Remains shit like that... and deathgrind was any band with death metal vocals with grindcore influences? also i believe that origin is a death metal band and devourment is as well... at least that is what they call themselves... also whats nu-grind? thought that was like cheezy shit like poser stuff but what grind is about and what nu metal means is like totally opposites... well i'm dumb anyways i hate music.... make noise not music... hehe Devon - (TYAG)

toggletoggle post by www.com at Feb 10,2003 9:57pm
go go grindcore!~

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 10,2003 10:12pm
I would also have to say that such as impaled and exhumed are gore grind

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Feb 10,2003 10:28pm
ahhh rev i knew someone would say that. exhumed and impaled are deathgrind. goregrind consists of pitchshifted vocals and usually every aspect of grind. Perfect examples of goregrind would be older malignant tumour,last days of humanity, lymphatic phlegm, utopie, sanitys dawn, cardovascular subhypothermia, sublime cadavaric decomposition, gut,cock and ball torture and so many other putrid bands.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 10,2003 10:31pm
weird... they've call themselves gore grind..
but I agree, they sound like death metal.

what about mortician then?
that's pitchsifter sludgey death metal?

toggletoggle post by TomNehek  at Feb 10,2003 10:34pm
It's all subjective.

toggletoggle post by yeah at Feb 10,2003 11:42pm
Mortician is "Doom-Metal", aren't they?
Everyone should just call Daughters, new As The Sun Sets because i really don't hear much of a difference besides some more usage of breakdowns and an attempt to be slightly more technical. They should have stuck with a style more along the likes of "each individual voice..."

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 10,2003 11:51pm
I only have "each individual voice..." so I notice a big difference between atss and the daughters (I'm trying to get photo-passes for the cambridge show tomorrow).

Mortician isn't doom-metal. Doom-metal is like amorphis, neurosis, morgion, my dying bride, novembers doom, etc...
looooooooooooooooooooooong songs. think slow nu-black metal with a little gothic mixed in and that's doom-metal

toggletoggle post by derekx at Feb 11,2003 3:35am
hey paul, you did last days of humanity? they shred like a fucking demon.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Feb 11,2003 3:19pm
Yeah LDOH crushes, derek check out Sanitys Dawn if you already havent their shit is excellent. and no mortician is not doom they are brutal death metal. rev his vocals are natural not pitchshifted, will is pretty damn low.

toggletoggle post by TomNehek  at Feb 11,2003 10:42pm
Someone should sit down and standardize all these catagories... It's getting harder and harder to describe bands these days.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 12,2003 12:13am
hell... you can even call Black Sabbath "doom metal" seeing as that they were the inspiration behind all of the early doom bands. neurosis is more stoner rock. im more partial to a sub-genre of doom known as "Funeral Doom". bands like Shape of Despair and Desire are classified as such. they have really LONG and SLOW songs. think of the classic "Funeral March" by Chopin or whoever it was and you will get the idea. its like dirge music. really depressing and really emotional. but yeah... im sure you are all not reading all of this babble so i will shut up now. oh... the new November's Doom is fucking GREAT

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Feb 12,2003 1:04am
ok everyone stop, cause I just copyrighted my new book, "Goregrindnumetalgrindblackdeathdoommetal" all ya'll owe me 25cents each time someone lists off a genre hah.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 12,2003 3:27am
you missed thrash

toggletoggle post by DRUMSNEWANDYKE at Feb 13,2003 10:22pm
SHOW ON MARCH 15...STARTS AT 4 AD IM NOT SURE WHAT THE PRICE IS BUT WERE THE FIRST BAND SO COME AND WATCH....THEN WATCH DAUGHTERS PLAY AT UCONN BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD...THAT IS ALL

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 13,2003 11:40pm
Terrence wrote a book...amazing... "Chapter 1: Shadows Fall - They make me want to puke in a bucket and dump it on my head."

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Feb 15,2003 7:02pm
hah yes, and chapter 2 deals with how I would make brownies out of my own puke and serve them to Shadows Fall

toggletoggle post by Newandyke   at Feb 18,2003 7:29pm
isnt it funny how this post went from just being a post where i wanted to see what people thought about my bands music to a long, drawn out, fight about genres...who the hell cares? just let me know what u think about my GRINDCORE band newandyke (yea its grind). and now a picture of some underwear...

toggletoggle post by babysbreath   at Feb 18,2003 8:14pm
dude, if you dont like posts that immediately change topic, and slander a good amount of people/music, i suggest you find another site. thats what we do here at the rttp messageboard.

mmm... find another scene board you will, uuuhhmmmm...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 18,2003 8:23pm
I'm just glad this didn't turn into a hardcore sucks or metal sucks
I want to write a program that listens to a clip of music and then tells you want kind of music it is.
hm.. put it on cellphones
I can hear the steven-hawkings-eaque voice saying,
"you have new york death grind"
"you have brazilian death metal"
"you have new jersey straightedge hardcore"

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 18,2003 9:49pm
David Cross does a good impression of Steve Hawking with a prostitute.
Hows THAT for change of topic.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 18,2003 9:49pm
David Cross does a good impression of Steve Hawking with a prostitute.
Hows THAT for change of topic.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Feb 20,2003 2:04am
Its not really a fight about genres more than it is an actual conversation, the Rev speaks the truth when he said "at least it didnt turn out to be a metal sucks, hardcore sucks type of deal."

toggletoggle post by Newandykedrums at Feb 24,2003 1:00pm
SHOW ON MARCH 29TH....AT THE ELECTRIC HOUSE (WESELYAN UNIVERSITY) 200 HIGH STREET MIDDLETOWN, CT.....THE BANDS ARE.....TODAY IS THE DAY, BEYOND THE SIXTH SEAL (MEMBERS OF RED CHORD), UMBRELLA (EX-AS THE SUN SETS), AND DYING IN SIN...THAT IS ALL.

toggletoggle post by Newandyke   at Feb 24,2003 4:29pm
newandyke is also playing the above mentioned show but since my drummer is a piece of crappity crap he forgot to put us in his post...crappity crap

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][10:23:11am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01741 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]