New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Western MA Stoner/Thrash band needs drummer - ready to gig by Niko on Feb 24,2012 5:21pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Niko at Feb 24,2012 5:21pm
Alright, to get to the point: My friend and I have been jamming with bands/composing songs ourselves (myself on guitar, he on bass) for over 5 years together now. We have over 30 minutes of material written, or a complete live set/EP, along with dozens and dozens of other jams over the years. Recently, we have been offered to open for a few bands that are well known in the underground doom/stoner metal scene for gigs in the summer time. We are looking to take the next step and meet a drummer and rhythm guitar player who are as serious and passionate about music as we are.

We are ready to play shows right off the bat with our current material, and also look forward to working creatively with new people on new music and tweaking our current stuff as well. We have access to recording equipment and a small studio, which is great for writing. It seems like there is almost no scene for this type of music in western Mass, apart from the people we already know. So if you are a drummer or guitarist looking to have fun, and play some killer riffs, send me an email.

Some of the bands we dig, and I guess sound like, are:

Black Sabbath
Sleep
Slayer
Metallica
Mastodon
Baroness
His Hero Is Gone
Isis
King Crimson
High on Fire

I could go on all day with bands, but you probably get the idea if you recognize any of those. Let's give this area something to be proud of musically, something aside the generic, terrible radio rock/metal that has come from Springfield since... forever?

my email is:

bullet138@gmail.com

thank you guys to anyone who reads this

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Feb 24,2012 5:23pm
stonerrrr........thrash?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 24,2012 5:27pm
THATS IMPOSSIBLE RHONDA. HOW CAN YA SLEEP WHEN YA HIGH ON CRACK?!

toggletoggle post by Niko at Feb 24,2012 5:33pm
precisely. a good mix of sleep and sabbath along with some slayer to kick you in the ass when you start to burn out

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Feb 24,2012 5:36pm
I wasn't trying to poke fun, just curious about the mixture

toggletoggle post by Niko at Feb 24,2012 5:41pm
of course, i didn't take it as offensive. but yea, we have a nice mix of slow, grooy sludgey stuff, that can get really heavy/doomy. but we all grew up listening to metallica, slayer etc, and there it can be heard in the material for sure. i know the description is a bit vague but the music is fairly original sounding compared to most of the bullshit i hear coming out of western ma. i'd love to be able to get this stuff out there and play some shows ya know

toggletoggle post by Niko at Feb 24,2012 5:42pm
groovy*

toggletoggle post by Niko at Feb 25,2012 3:28pm
just bumping this one time in case anyone happens to see it who didn't before.. sorry for spam, just desperate!

toggletoggle post by beentheredonethat at Feb 25,2012 8:17pm
SEABEAST...RI DOOM/THRASH...

toggletoggle post by werentreallytheredidntreallydothat at Feb 25,2012 8:33pm
Ripping off EYEHATEGOD doesn't make you doom or thrash.

toggletoggle post by beentheredonethat at Feb 25,2012 8:38pm
true

toggletoggle post by Niko at Feb 26,2012 1:51am
i like eyehategod but we do not sound remotely like them. they are great though

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 26,2012 5:36am
WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS NEEDS TO GET STONED MORE OFTEN. MORE OFTEN THAN THEY ALREADY DO WHICH I'M SURE IS QUITE A BIT. BLAZE NORTHAMPTON. BLAZE AMHERST. BLAZE THE TRI-CITY AREA. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, BLAZE YOURSELF INTO A FUCKING COMA AND STAB YOURSELF WITH A RUSTY PAPER CLIP UNTIL YOU DIE OF FOUNTAIN SPRINKLING ASSHOLE DEATH FUCKING CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FUCK A CUNT BUT SUCH BEHAVIOR IS INSURMOUNTABLY UNBECOMING FROM A LOSER SUCH AS MYSELF.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][10:13:24pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01013 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]