New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> On the subject of true road sodas and inebriation in local driving... by largefreakatzero on Feb 22,2012 8:58am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 22,2012 8:58am
Beer tastes better in the car/truck. Discuss.

toggletoggle post by Shitbag T-Roll at Feb 22,2012 9:32am
no

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Feb 22,2012 9:35am
It's always tasted better in the backseat for some reason.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2012 9:35am
I once drove to Albany through VT drinking mead. it was awesome.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2012 9:39am
Drive while tripping on mushrooms or false.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 22,2012 9:56am
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]

I'm too old to have any interest in acid or mushrooms anymore. Definitely too stressful driving on that shit.

And I'm not even talking about driving around completely shitfaced. This is about enjoying a few while cruising around backroads. For some reason, it always tastes better.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2012 10:04am
Agreed.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2012 10:19am
yeah, i agree with you. also on the acid... it has been a loooong time and i don't think i would deal well with it now. unless someone's got a vhs tape with 6hrs of the state on it.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Feb 22,2012 10:21am
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]

I'm too old to have any interest in acid or mushrooms anymore. Definitely too stressful driving on that shit.

And I'm not even talking about driving around completely shitfaced. This is about enjoying a few while cruising around backroads. For some reason, it always tastes better.

Yea. It's not so much that I CAN'T drive on acid or whatever, I just don't WANT to drive while tripping. Just like if I wanted to I could work in a soup kitchen on acid, but I would rather walk around in the woods or listen to a record.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 22,2012 10:24am
last time i drove while tripping i somehow managed to drive the wrong way down every one-way street in worcester.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 22,2012 10:43am
Must be about 15 years since I've tripped on anything. Really can't remember much, besides the time I was a passenger coming back from a Great Woods event (when it was still Great Woods), and my buddy came waaaaay too close to becoming intimate with a jersey barrier on the highway. We were both tripping pretty good, and I finally woke him up from his stupor before we both died. Brool story.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Feb 22,2012 11:03am
+1 for feeling too old for hallucinogens.

Really really suprised I have never been arrested for DUI. (knocks on wood)

Wouldn't say drinking while driving makes it taste better. Maybe if I was drinking shitty beer but I usually like to sit back and enjoy some high end brews.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2012 11:03am
last time I tripped was 10 years ago

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 22,2012 11:07am
Road sodas should definitely be canned beverages. +1000 hillbilly points if you crush the can and toss it out the slider into the pick-up truck bed.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Feb 22,2012 11:27am
Yeah i used to down a 40oz on the way from manchester to boston on the way to shows. Stop at that super liquor store somtimes and mix my soda with adult water also. Not my proudest moments, but i didnt get buzzed until right before boston so fuck it.

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Feb 22,2012 3:53pm
Road sodas should definitely be canned beverages. +1000 hillbilly points if you crush the can and toss it out the slider into the pick-up truck bed.

40s are the way to go for this, cuz if you get pulled over you can screw the cap on and be all like "problem ociffer?"

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Feb 22,2012 3:54pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
yeah, i agree with you. also on the acid... it has been a loooong time and i don't think i would deal well with it now. unless someone's got a vhs tape with 6hrs of the state on it.

id love to watch the porcupine racetrack sketch on repeat while tripping

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 22,2012 4:25pm
slar%20you%20morbid? said[orig][quote]
the_reverend said[orig][quote]

id love to watch the porcupine racetrack sketch on repeat while tripping

My id killed my superego just reading that sentence.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 22,2012 4:29pm
Maybe I've always been too old for tripping, I only did it once close to 6 years ago and I ended up puking and feeling like I was going to die. That's what I get for tripping with morons though.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Feb 22,2012 9:28pm
I've driven on mushrooms before. It wasn't ideal but I had to get home from hiking on a mountain in Vermont in the middle of winter and the sun had gone down. yeesh.

toggletoggle post by IllinoisEnemaBradness at Feb 22,2012 11:38pm
I loved driving while stoned/tripping. One time the road turned into an oil slick rainbow, route 3 South. Best Buy was all day glo blue, it was fucking RAD.
Then we get back to Punker Joe's house and his Mom is banging her boyfriend on the couch, so we just stood outside laughing while Joe had a mental breakdown. classic

toggletoggle post by Geppetto at Feb 22,2012 11:49pm
IllinoisEnemaBradness said[orig][quote]
I loved driving while stoned/tripping. One time the road turned into an oil slick rainbow, route 3 South. Best Buy was all day glo blue, it was fucking RAD.
Then we get back to Punker Joe's house and his Mom is banging her boyfriend on the couch, so we just stood outside laughing while Joe had a mental breakdown. classic

You son of a bitch, you killed my son.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Feb 23,2012 9:53am

Turn on the wipers when it isn't raining and get too distracted to look at the road about it.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2012 10:35am
josh_hates_you said[orig][quote]
+1 for feeling too old for hallucinogens.

the older i get, the more interested i am in mushrooms. i feel like i'm mentally at a point where i can experience what they have to offer in a much more profound sense, rather than eating them at a party and going bonkers, or taking heroic doses to see how fucked up i can get.

and road sodas are a favorite of mine. i usually take a beer with me when i go somewhere, Beck's makes for a delicious drive.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2012 10:36am
i do not have any interest in driving fucked up though, the last time i did that i can't believe i didn't die/kill someone. i drove while tripping once, and the S curve on 290 was almost too much to handle.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 23,2012 10:52am
Nah, driving completely fucked up is sucky and stressful. This is about having a few while leisurely cruising around.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 23,2012 12:21pm
I can usually handle myself pretty good after a night of drinking and have been getting better at holding my alcohol/managing myself in general for obvious reasons. I remember driving down 295 once to get home completely trashed and having to pull over to the side of the highway and throw up. I feel super lucky I didn't get caught and pretty bad about the fact I ended up driving that trashed in the first place.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 23,2012 12:29pm
I remember one instance coming home from a party when I was at UR(h)I where I pulled over , leaned out the window, and blasted puke down the side of my car. Made it home and hugged the bowl for a few more hours. No idea how I didn't get arrested, but I maintain no matter how fucked up you are, if you concentrate on the task at hand, and pay attention to your surroundings, your chances of getting home greatly increase.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 23,2012 12:32pm
I've never puked while driving, definitely done that a couple times as a passenger though.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2012 12:41pm
I remember one instance coming home from a party when I was at UR(h)I where I pulled over , leaned out the window, and blasted puke down the side of my car. Made it home and hugged the bowl for a few more hours. No idea how I didn't get arrested, but I maintain no matter how fucked up you are, if you concentrate on the task at hand, and pay attention to your surroundings, your chances of getting home greatly increase.

bingo. the last time i drove completely trashed, mentioned above, i made it home fine in a manual car, and parallel parked in my driveway. i figured that used up all of my mulligans.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 23,2012 12:57pm
try banging out a shot while you're driving. Back when I was married I used to hit off my wife while she handled the wheel and then it would be puke city all over the drivers side. Driving from Lawrence to Nashua was just too fucking long to wait til we got home
(and no, I dont do that shit anymore)

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][6:00:52am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.02602 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]