New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Iron Maiden at The Comcast Center June 26th by KEVORD on Feb 15,2012 1:10pm
Add To All Your Pages!
June 2012red means cancelled
toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 15,2012 1:10pm

Iron Maiden announce "Maiden England World Tour" with extensive dates in North America this summer

Very Special Guest Alice Cooper to July 21, Coheed and Cambria after July 21.

Following the massively successful Final Frontier World Tour 2010-11, IRON MAIDEN are back on the road this summer with a series of Arena, Amphitheatre and Festival shows in the U.S.A. and Canada, opening in Charlotte, NC, U.S.A. on June 21, and finishing in Houston, TX, on Aug 18 (dates listed below), to be followed by further dates around the World in 2013. The MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR will closely mirror, in terms of production and content, the original 1988 concert video of the same name, shot on the “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour”. This opening section of the World Tour is the band’s most extensive visit to North America for many years and includes a number of cities the band have not played in a very long time, such as Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Salt Lake City.

In most venues, tickets will go on sale on March 2 and 3 but watch this site or check local venue information for fuller details. Fan Club members should check out ironmaiden.com for exclusive first day ticket presales and contest to be ‘First To The Barrier’.

MAIDEN ENGLAND marks the third chapter in the History of Iron Maiden, a journey which began in 2004 with The Early Days DVD and subsequent 2005 Early Days Tour. Part Two followed in 2008 with the Live After Death DVD - the seminal 1984 concert recorded at Long Beach Arena (L.A) during the World Slavery Tour - and the band embarking on their groundbreaking Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008/9, which saw them play to over two million fans in almost 40 countries.

Comments vocalist Bruce Dickinson, “We have great fun playing the History of Maiden Tours because it gives us an opportunity between new albums to go out and play songs from our earlier catalogue. It’s always fantastic seeing the crowd reaction from a new generation of fans who have never experienced some of these tracks performed live before, and of course we know our longstanding fans will enjoy seeing the original Seventh Son Tour re-visited - with many other surprises! Our intention is to play about two thirds of the original track list of Maiden England (shown below*), including some songs we have not played live in a very,very long time, plus other favourites we just know the fans are going to want to hear! We always try to give our fans a great show musically, but we have always tried to make it as entertaining and memorable an experience as we can visually. And we all feel this show is going to do that splendidly! We can't wait to get started in Charlotte”.

Iron Maiden are delighted to announce that the extraordinary and legendary Alice Cooper will be their Very Special Guest on all shows up to July 21. After that date, Special Guest will be Coheed and Cambria, the inspiring, cutting edge band from New York.

Iron Maiden continue to be actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have full access to the best possible tickets in the fairest possible way. Manager Rod Smallwood comments:

“We are trying to ensure that our fans get the tickets they want in the prime positions without paying over the odds to ticket scalpers. Maiden get infuriated with the way fans sometimes have to pay more than the ticket price to get good positions at our shows. So we will, wherever possible (Festivals excluded), with the assistance of the Promoters, arrange a paperless ticketing system at least for the front sections to try to eliminate as much of the ticket scalping and exchanges as we can. We put this into practice on our North American Tour in 2010; it worked well and we received many positive comments back from our fans, so we intend to increase this where feasible. With paperless ticketing, only those who actually pay initially for the tickets will get into the show so scalping is generally avoided (please see the comments from Ticketmaster below). We are also doing everything we can to avoid any drain of prime tickets going to the Secondary Ticketing sites which we feel make unfair profits from music fans.

As we consider all our fans to be VIPs, no tickets will be held specifically for VIP use. At some venues, the Promoter may provide the option for fans to pay extra for “VIP Parking”, early access, access to “VIP Bar” etc. But these will be purely optional for ticket holders only and will not be tied to ticket locations – the ability to get the best tickets should be the same for everybody outside of the usual presales.

Finally, we are of course once again arranging exclusive ticket pre-sales for our fan club members so they can be quick off the mark for great tickets and will also continue to run the contest in appropriate venues for fan club members so they can be ‘First To The Barrier’ prior to the show. We hope that these measures will help our fans as much as possible and ask that they keep checking for details on our website.”

TICKETMASTER comments:
Where possible the North American Iron Maiden shows will operate a paperless ticket policy. Select tickets will be sold via Ticketmaster’s Paperless Ticket delivery, which means fans will not receive a physical concert ticket for their entry into the event. Buying paperless helps ensure fans have secure and convenient access to event tickets at the intended original sale price. On the day of show, concert goers just need to bring the credit card they used for the ticket purchase and a government-issued photo ID to the concert. All members of the ticket purchaser's party must be present at the same time to enter the venue. The venue’s ticket usher will swipe their credit card upon entry and present each person in their party with seat locator slips for quick access into the show. To purchase paperless tickets or for more information, fans should visit www.ticketmaster.com/​paperless or call the Ticketmaster charge-by-phone number at 1-800-745-3000.

*Maiden England 1988 Longform Video VHS Tracklisting
Moonchild, The Evil That Men Do, The Prisoner, Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Infinite Dreams, Killers, Can I Play With Madness, Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years, The Clairvoyant, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, The Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden.

MAIDEN ENGLAND 2012 TOUR DATES:

21st June - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
23rd June - Atlanta, GA - Aarons Amphitheatre
26th June - Boston, MA - Comcast Center
27th June - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach
29th June - Philadelphia, PI - Susquehanna Bank Center
30th June - Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
2nd July - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
5th July - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank
8th July - Quebec, QC - Colisee Pepsi Arena
11th July - Montreal, QC - Bell Center
13th July - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
14th July - Sarnia, ON - Bayfest
16th July - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
18th July - Detroit, MI - DTE Music Theatre
19th July - Indianapolis, IN - Klipsch Music Centre
24th July - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center
26th July - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
27th July - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
29th July - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
30th July - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
1st August - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre
3rd August - San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
6th August - Phoenix, AZ - Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion
9th August - Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
12th August - Albuquerque. NM - Hard Rock Pavilion
13th August - Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
15th August - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
17th August - Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
18th August - Houston, TX - The Woodlands

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Feb 15,2012 1:27pm
I'm going.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 15,2012 1:28pm
Me Too!!!! Get drunk in the parking lot during Alice Cooper or false.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Feb 15,2012 1:32pm
I want to see his set too, even though I'm not too familiar with his discography, who knows how much longer he'll be around. However if it was C&C music factory like the later tour dates, I'd be right there with you.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 15,2012 1:33pm
It will still be light out during his set. Guaranteed to be garbage.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 15,2012 1:36pm
what was the setlist on the 88 video?

toggletoggle post by Cher at Feb 15,2012 1:38pm
Sweet.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 15,2012 1:42pm
The setlist in 1988 was:

1.Moonchild (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)
2.The Evil That Men Do (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)
3.The Prisoner (from Number of the Beast, 1982)
4.Infinite Dreams (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)
5.The Trooper (from Piece of Mind, 1983)
6.Can I Play with Madness (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)
7.Heaven Can Wait (from Somewhere in Time, 1986)
8.Wasted Years (from Somewhere in Time, 1986)
9.The Clairvoyant (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)
10.Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)
11.The Number of the Beast (from Number of the Beast, 1982)
12.Hallowed Be Thy Name (from Number of the Beast, 1982)
13.Iron Maiden (from Iron Maiden, 1980)
14.Run to the Hills (from Number of the Beast, 1982)
15.Running Free (from Iron Maiden, 1980)
16.Sanctuary (from Iron Maiden, 1980)

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 15,2012 1:44pm
The Maiden England VHS is Similar:

1."Moonchild" (Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith)
2."The Evil That Men Do" (Dickinson, Steve Harris, Smith)
3."The Prisoner" (Harris, Smith)
4."Still Life" (Dave Murray, Harris)
5."Die with Your Boots On" (Dickinson, Harris, Smith)
6."Infinite Dreams" (Harris)
7."Killers" (Paul Di'Anno, Harris)
8."Can I Play with Madness" (Dickinson, Harris, Smith)
9."Heaven Can Wait" (Harris)
10."Wasted Years" (Smith)
11."The Clairvoyant" (Harris)
12."Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" (Harris)
13."The Number of the Beast" (Harris)
14."Hallowed Be Thy Name" (Harris)
15."Iron Maiden" (Harris)

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Feb 15,2012 1:47pm
I was wondering why that was so Seventh heavy until I noticed the 1988. Well duh. I was probably at that show.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Feb 15,2012 2:44pm
Comcast Center sucks. I'd much rather see them in Montreal again.

toggletoggle post by trioxin 245nli at Feb 15,2012 2:51pm
Is the comcast center what great woods used to be? I can't even keep track anymore.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Feb 15,2012 2:51pm
yup.

toggletoggle post by Cher at Feb 15,2012 2:57pm
They need to start playing Deja Vu

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 15,2012 3:26pm
set list is ill

Maiden doing that somewhere back in time show at comcast a few years ago was one of the best shows i've ever seen. singing along like a madman to every fucking song.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 15,2012 3:28pm
i liked the 90's and even early '00 dickinson stuff, but this would be more awesome to see.

toggletoggle post by KPANZER at Feb 15,2012 3:30pm
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will go. Will weep like a little girl. Will headbang.

toggletoggle post by timma at Feb 15,2012 3:42pm
YESSSSSS...2 days after my birthday too. Fucking PROPER.

toggletoggle post by eddienli at Feb 15,2012 4:16pm
amazing. 7th son of a 7th son is my favorite album. we be there. maybe even won't cheap out on tickets this time around. will get them early.

toggletoggle post by eddienli at Feb 15,2012 4:18pm
in before fagowar says i'm gay and not metal for liking an album that has keyboards.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Feb 15,2012 4:19pm
CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS!!!!

toggletoggle post by trioxin 245nli at Feb 15,2012 4:24pm
Seventh Son... is a killer album. Maiden is always a good time live. Have been waiting for them to return for a while. YES!

toggletoggle post by trioxin 245nli at Feb 15,2012 4:25pm
eddienli said[orig][quote]
manowarrior is an anonymous posting faggot whose opinion is completely irrelevant

toggletoggle post by trioxin 245nli at Feb 15,2012 4:26pm
Mark_R said[orig][quote]
CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS!!!!

short answer... yes. But just a heads up, there's no vision there at all.

toggletoggle post by CurlyRed at Feb 15,2012 7:56pm
I haven't seen maiden in a long time, but they def put on a good show.

toggletoggle post by death. at Feb 15,2012 11:20pm
wish they would play sea of madness but they won't

toggletoggle post by blue  at Feb 16,2012 12:16am
mass exodus of destruction at this.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 21,2012 9:40am
just took the day off...EPIC FUCKING TAIL GATE.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Feb 21,2012 10:16am
Where's everyone getting tickets for this? And for those who've gotten tickets, which section are you in? I've never been to the comcast center before but I hear the lawn is shitty.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 21,2012 10:25am
I joined the Iron Maiden fanclub so I can get tickets during the presale and have a chance for tickets in the front row area. You don't want lawn tickets cause you wont see anything. You only want sections 1 - 8 or else if it rains your getting soaked.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 21,2012 10:32am
joining now

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 21,2012 10:35am edited Feb 21,2012 10:39am
It was like $50 bucks to join but I said fuck it I'd rather give it strait to Maiden than a scalper.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 21,2012 10:35am
LIED...joining Friday when I'm not poor.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Feb 21,2012 10:44am
How many presale tickets can you get if you're part of the fan club? I'd rather pay one of you guys a few bucks extra and buy two good tickets for me and my brother than pay an extra $50 to be part of an OFFICIAL fanclub.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 21,2012 10:47am
But why would I want shittier seats cause I bought 4 together instead of 2 officially?

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Feb 21,2012 10:51am
Huh? So the more tickets you get, the worse section they're in?

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 21,2012 10:52am
Since the begining of ticket selling time in the world yes. Since they have to find 4 seats together.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 21,2012 10:55am
fuck, i really want to jump on this, i might even join their kiss army. EVERY TIME MIGHT BE THE LAST TIME TO SEE MAIDEN.

toggletoggle post by Shitbag T-Roll at Feb 21,2012 1:21pm

toggletoggle post by chriskar at Feb 21,2012 1:38pm
Can Vannett Viskar play this?

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 29,2012 10:08am
Just ordered my tickets with my fanclub password and got front row in the pit. Psyched! The Live Nation presale is tomorrow. The password is SAXOPHONE.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 29,2012 10:21am
I'm in the pink section in front of the stage. So Psyched!

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Feb 29,2012 10:47am
Thats a fake password dude. Doesn't work for anyone. They tell that to everyone all across the country.

toggletoggle post by Nostromo at Feb 29,2012 10:50am
I just got 4 GA pit tickets as well. Second time seeing them this close. GOnna lose my fucking shit.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Feb 29,2012 10:50am
Just know what I was told. I already have tickets so not that concerned.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Feb 29,2012 11:06am
MUST ORDER TIX SOON

toggletoggle post by Nostromo at Feb 29,2012 11:52am
Really hoping they play "Where Eagles Dare".

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Feb 29,2012 7:59pm
Fuuuuuck, anyone got a real password?!?

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Mar 1,2012 10:50am
"saxophone" works as of 10AM today

See you in section 3!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 1,2012 11:07am
"bananaphone" gets you free tickets and and a beej from janick gers

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 1,2012 11:08am
Where and how do I get tix today

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Mar 1,2012 11:09am
I'm just gonna grab some lawn tickets. Fuck paying 300 bucks for anything ever.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Mar 1,2012 11:11am
Last time I saw them there was on the lawn and I had a great time. So fuck it. Fuck paying 97 bucks for section 1.

toggletoggle post by Spydre  at Mar 1,2012 11:12am
Managed to get 8 tickets together in section 7. My 4th time seeing Maiden, so it should be fun. I'm pretty interested to see Alice Cooper, as well.

If anyone still needs tickets, use the password saxophone like posbleak said.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 1,2012 11:14am
WHERE DO I USE THIS PASSWORD

toggletoggle post by Spydre  at Mar 1,2012 11:16am
http://www.livenation.com/event/0100484EA7...216&camefrom=LNC_b7891905_c38358216

Use the Live Nation Presale and enter "saxophone" for the password.

toggletoggle post by Nostromo at Mar 1,2012 11:20am
It's funny Manowar charged $75 for a ticket, and Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper on the same bill is $5 more. "excluding Jewish, no lube ticket master fees, respectively." It's been 4 years since I've seen them, so parting with $97 to be feet away from the stage isn't even a question for me. But last time, almost everyone in the pit were kinda just dads or boring norms with folded arms.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 1,2012 11:23am
quintessence said[orig][quote]
Thats a fake password dude. Doesn't work for anyone. They tell that to everyone all across the country.
Guess I was right. SAXOPHONE DUDE!

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Mar 1,2012 11:24am
IMO that Manowar show was well worth the money

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Mar 1,2012 11:24am
Section 3, psyched.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 1,2012 11:27am
saxophone isn't working

Haaaaalllppp

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Mar 1,2012 11:30am
Alx_Casket said[orig][quote]
Section 3, psyched.

The section for cool kids

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Mar 1,2012 11:33am
TRY IT IN CAPS ARIL

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Mar 1,2012 11:34am edited Mar 1,2012 11:34am
posbleak said[orig][quote]
Section 3, psyched.

The section for cool kids

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 1,2012 11:46am edited Mar 1,2012 11:50am
Got 2. Sec 1.
wasnt working on mobile phone, thats why

toggletoggle post by timma at Mar 1,2012 12:25pm
I've had seats at Tweeter once and it was the dumbest thing ever for the amount of money I paid.

Lawn warrior all day, baby. Rain or shine.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 1,2012 12:33pm
Only Great Woods wsa real.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 1,2012 12:43pm
Since they covered half the lawn with seats the lawn sucks. You can't see shit. Might as well listen from the parking lot.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Mar 1,2012 12:49pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Since they covered half the lawn with seats the lawn sucks. You can't see shit. Might as well get baked on that wooded hill the whole time.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Mar 1,2012 1:13pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Since they covered half the lawn with seats the lawn sucks. You can't see shit. Might as well listen from the parking lot.

They put seats on the lawn? Fucking FUCK that's retarded.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Mar 1,2012 1:16pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
saxophone isn't working

Haaaaalllppp

saxophone is the lame NU password. Use the password "ancient lute'' or nu-black metal loving hipster.

toggletoggle post by Chernobyl at Mar 1,2012 1:54pm
two section 12 tickets purched

toggletoggle post by Pires at Mar 1,2012 3:02pm
Sec 4, row h. $82. Stoked.

toggletoggle post by ThirdKnuckle  at Mar 1,2012 3:47pm
Kinda sad that all your generation has to get so excited about is my generation's sloppy seconds

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Mar 1,2012 3:49pm
ThirdKnuckle said[orig][quote]
Kinda sad that all your generation has to get so excited about is my generation's sloppy seconds

AGREED!!!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 1,2012 3:49pm
ThirdKnuckle said[orig][quote]

lol'ed

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Mar 1,2012 3:50pm
^hipster?

toggletoggle post by KPANZER at Mar 1,2012 4:20pm
Section 4 baby............

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 1,2012 5:15pm
Let us all meet up and pre game on the parking lot

toggletoggle post by Pires at Mar 1,2012 6:08pm

I'll bring the dubstep

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Mar 1,2012 6:31pm
Muthafuckin SAXOPHONE! Sec. 6 x 4 here...

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 1,2012 6:49pm

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 1,2012 6:52pm
Pires said[orig][quote]
Let us all meet up and

pre game on the parking lot

I'll bring the dubstep

Hardy har har har, do it

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 1,2012 6:52pm

toggletoggle post by KPANZER at Mar 2,2012 3:19pm
Just got word some friends from Belfast are flying in for the gig. Killer two bass guitar band called WAR IRON. Highly recommended.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Mar 2,2012 5:45pm

I'll bring a cheese platter

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at May 15,2012 2:45am
ada said[orig][quote]
cher

Wut

toggletoggle post by Nostromo at May 18,2012 8:57am
So what's the deal with pre gaming at this place? I've done it with red cups, but I've been told since they don't even allow that? Bahh. Anyone want to confirm this?

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at May 18,2012 9:33am
that would SUCKKKKK

I wanna get there at like 10am and grille/chill ALLL DAYYY

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at May 18,2012 7:02pm
I have a ticket but I still have to work that day. Heading down the second I get out of work.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jun 20,2012 2:27pm

^in the vein of the bands "bands over-merchandising" discussion, for all of you who hate when bands come out with their own shoes.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jun 20,2012 2:39pm
i was gifted a pair of maiden shoes. they're alright but i never wear them. i guess i don't accessorize.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 20,2012 2:48pm
I own a pair of Piece Of Mind sneakers that seemed like a good idea when I bought them but you look kind of silly wearing them.

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 2:49pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 2:49pm
forgetting someone? idiots.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jun 20,2012 2:50pm
yeah, either way, the sneakers don't make powerslave or piece of mind any worse, even if you listen whilst wearing them.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 20,2012 2:52pm

^in the vein of the bands "bands over-merchandising" discussion, for all of you who hate when bands come out with their own shoes.

lol, 80 bucks for a skatedeck.

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 2:52pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 2:53pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 2:54pm

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jun 20,2012 2:54pm
chernobyl said[orig][quote]

lol, 80 bucks for a skatedeck.

Exactly. Act now and get get 10% off something that was marked up 300% its original price. I guess it comes with the arena concert game.

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 2:55pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 2:56pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 2:57pm

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jun 20,2012 2:58pm
ALICE COOPER ROLLERBLADES

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 20,2012 3:29pm
Opening act for Iron Maiden is parking lot beer.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 20,2012 3:36pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Opening act for Iron Maiden is parking lot whiskey.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 20,2012 3:37pm
trioxin_245 said[orig][quote]
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Opening act for Iron Maiden is parking lot bath salts.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jun 20,2012 3:37pm
Has the pregaming situation in the parking lot been confirmed yet? Bottles/cans/red cups ok? Need to know how covert I've got to be about it.

toggletoggle post by Lvl 36 Wizard at Jun 20,2012 3:38pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Opening act for Iron Maiden is parking lot topaz.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 20,2012 3:46pm
Lvl%2036%20Wizard said[orig][quote]
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Opening act for Iron Maiden is parking lot topaz salts.

toggletoggle post by HUGE FAN at Jun 20,2012 3:49pm
OPENING ACT FOR IRON MAIDEN IS ALICE COOPER. DO NOT DISRESPECT A GOD, ASSTARDS.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 20,2012 4:02pm
NO MORE MR NICE GUY

toggletoggle post by Seth at Jun 20,2012 5:16pm
I saw that Iron Maiden had a book at BN and it looked cool. Could not find a pic of it to show you but it had holes in the cover for the eyes of eddie!

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 20,2012 7:19pm
HUGE%20FAN said[orig][quote]
OPENING ACT FOR IRON MAIDEN IS ALICE COOPER. DO NOT DISRESPECT A GOD, ASSTARDS.

yeah man...

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 21,2012 11:36am
I haven't directly heard from anyone who has gone to Great Woods this year about drinking in the parking lot. I guess in past years they've confiscated alcohol. I may just go to the pay lot cause I heard they bust your balls less. The last time I saw Maiden at Great Woods during the Brave New World tour the cops had me on the ground ready to arest me cause I didn't have my I'd on me. Luckily it was in my car.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 21,2012 11:37am edited Jun 21,2012 11:40am
I havn't been to great woods since it was called great woods. Just bring beer and don't be an idiot about it and noone will care.

edit: actually, it was for the brave new world I DIDN'T C U THR BRO

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jun 21,2012 11:38am
Thanks Keverd. Sounds like this is gonna reaffirm what I already knew: maiden rules, and fuck arena shows.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 21,2012 11:39am
I haven't been there in years either but all I read online from past years was dick head cops get worse every year.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 21,2012 11:41am
one word that has always gotten me through situations like this: NIPS

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 21,2012 11:43am
I hear ya with the nips but I'm looking for a hot summer night cold beer event.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 21,2012 11:45am
LOL NEWBS

BRING A FLASK

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 21,2012 11:47am
THIS AINT MY FIRST DAY OF ALCOHOLISM !!!!! I KNOW ABOUT LIQUOR!!!!! I want a couple of cold brews.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 21,2012 11:52am
Been a bunch of times in recent years

Kiss
Crue
Maiden

and the lot was fine as long as beer was in cups.

But I have heard that its been bad recently.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 21,2012 11:53am
Sneaking cold brews = hard warm brews = easy.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 21,2012 12:02pm
I'm just gonna bring a cooler of beers and duck down to take sips. It's not like you can't see the cops coming from a mile away, as long as you're paying attention.

toggletoggle post by Czarnobog at Jun 21,2012 12:36pm edited Jun 21,2012 12:37pm
last time i was there (last time iron maiden played) the kids parked next to us drove all the way down from somewhere vermont and were total super fans, freaking out with cardboard guitars and getting wasted and screaming maiden songs at the top of their lungs. everytime security came by we all pocketed our beers and had to keep telling them to do the same, but they were young and dumb and not too quick with the reflexes and ended up getting caught with open containers. turned out the were all underage and when they consented to a car search (rookie move #2) security dudes found a big jar of weed. driver got hauled off to jail, all the kids got their tickets confiscated and the car got towed. it was pretty heartbreaking to watch.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 21,2012 12:39pm
Get a box of tampons, take some out, put your contraband in the box, stack remaining tampons on top, put in purse, get past security every single time

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 21,2012 12:40pm
Also you can open a tampon and take the cotton out of the applicator, you can fit a couple of blunts or a good amount of coke inside, put the applicator back in the wrapper, tape it shut

Tampons are like bag search kryptonite

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 21,2012 12:50pm

you idgets are missing the point. your going to see Alice Cooper! though many of you remain unworthy as fuck. but you WILL get schooled by the old school ghoul. when it is all said and done. you will remember more of the Alice show then the Maiden show. just saying.

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 21,2012 12:52pm

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 21,2012 12:55pm
Also you can open a tampon and take the cotton out of the applicator, you can fit a couple of blunts or a good amount of coke inside, put the applicator back in the wrapper, tape it shut

Tampons are like bag search kryptonite

this is clever but what if there arent any chicks with you?

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 21,2012 1:00pm
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]

this is clever but what if there arent any chicks with you?

"I'm trans"

"They're first-aid for bullet wounds"

"I'm going to get my period all over this place if they don't play Rime of the Ancient Mariner"

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 21,2012 1:14pm
pocket shots in the shoes and cocaine in my asshole

toggletoggle post by barock obama at Jun 21,2012 1:25pm
ben said[orig][quote]

you idgets are missing the point. your going to see Alice Cooper! though many of you remain unworthy as fuck. but you WILL get schooled by the old school ghoul. when it is all said and done. you will remember more of the Alice show then the Maiden show. just saying.

I'm not shocked

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 21,2012 1:27pm
barock%20obama said[orig][quote]
ben said[orig][quote]

I'm not shocked

yeah well its not 1973 anymore either. its the fact that he was the most shocking thing in Metal and Rock for the longest time. nothing is shocking any more. grow up.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 21,2012 1:34pm
Alice was great when I saw him at the Orpheum a few years ago

He's still got energy and he's still got his voice and apparently he's got all of the same stage props that he did back in the '70s. It's not "shocking" anymore but it is entertaining.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 21,2012 1:40pm
you could put a few loose tampons in the glove box and just say they're your GFs but shes not with you right now or some shit.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jun 21,2012 1:58pm
or say you have a tampon fetish

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 21,2012 2:09pm
Alice was great when I saw him at the Orpheum a few years ago

He's still got energy and he's still got his voice and apparently he's got all of the same stage props that he did back in the '70s. It's not "shocking" anymore but it is entertaining.

AGREED.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 1:41pm
HOLY SHIT

U C THE SETLIST?

toggletoggle post by Jim Pavlov at Jun 22,2012 1:44pm
I hope their aren't any fights. I abhor violence almost as much as I abhor vaginas and elitism.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 22,2012 1:54pm
YEAH SET LIST IS EPIC

toggletoggle post by Alx Ess at Jun 22,2012 1:58pm
I like men. But not really. Yes I do

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 22,2012 1:58pm
HOLY SHIT

U C THE SETLIST?
February old news.

toggletoggle post by nli at Jun 22,2012 2:16pm
june 21 in NC

1. Moonchild
2. Can I Play With Madness
3. The Prisoner
4. Two Minutes To Midnight
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. The Trooper
7. The Number of the Beast
8. Phantom of the Opera
9. Run to the Hills
10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

ENCORE
15. Aces High
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jun 22,2012 2:42pm
mother of god that set list rules. Not a single bit of filler.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 3:58pm
Solid set list.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jun 22,2012 4:17pm
Just got tickets, a bit late but I'm officially going!

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 4:19pm
I think aces high and evil that men do should be on the actual set list and fuckin run to the hills or something else should be on encore

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jun 22,2012 4:28pm
I will be at this.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 4:40pm
also play more off somewhere in time and not fear of the dark pls?

toggletoggle post by Fimsy at Jun 22,2012 4:50pm
free tix ftw

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 22,2012 4:53pm
PotO! Awesome... Nothing off of Killers is a bit of a bummer though, and where's "Hallowed Be Thy Name"?!?

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 4:54pm
who cares about killers, bro? also where is HBTN? good point.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 22,2012 4:55pm
pam said[orig][quote]
I will be at this.
Cool Story Bro.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 22,2012 4:57pm
yeah fuck Killers and the s/t

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 22,2012 4:57pm
I SAID IT!

i dont hate Killers but Hail Dickenson.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 4:57pm

Who cares about Killers? WHO CARES ABOUT KILLERS??
YOURE BEELZE, I'M ROSS AT THIS SHOW. TAKE YOUR AVIATORS OFF BRO

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 4:58pm
Paul was best on those albums. He fit the sound.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 4:59pm
yeah fuck Killers and the s/t

All right. Bringing my glocks.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 22,2012 5:04pm
I care about Killers and the st but you can't fuck with that setlist. No complaints here.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jun 22,2012 5:05pm
lol @ people complaining about that amazing set list.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 22,2012 5:08pm
Any other band would play most of their new album and Run to the hills and Number of the Beast and call it a day.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 5:13pm edited Jun 22,2012 5:13pm
I ain't complaining just wondering where HBTN is because its a considerably better song than Run to The Hills.

Either way its a chill set list.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 22,2012 5:18pm
I think the easy answer is Run To The Hills was their biggest hit single so they always play it.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 5:19pm edited Jun 22,2012 5:19pm
I think the easy answer is that cher needs to take his Aviators and headset off because he's blind and deaf.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 5:20pm
take off your .......trolling ahahhhhh

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 5:22pm
I'm not trolling. Nuggas be dissing the first 2 Maiden Records and walking away like nothing happened.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 5:25pm
They aren't bad albums but I just think they have way better material like any other bands...

Albums I listen to by Maiden:

Somewhere in Time (probably one of my favorite maidens and one of the first I heard)
Brave New World
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Powerslave
Dance of Death
Piece of Mind
2 songs of Number of the Beast
title track of Prayer For The Dying

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 5:26pm
Nah, you guys only like Bruce. Admit it.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 5:30pm
only that guy on the virtual album is real

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 22,2012 5:32pm
just about every single song on every single album up to and including 'seventh son' is absolute genius, as is about half of fear of the dark. Paul Dianno was a great singer and the material was equally great, although I do prefer Dickinson-era a lot more. You people arn't real Maiden fans if you disagree. FACT

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 22,2012 5:33pm
only that guy on the virtual album is real

blaze bailey had a decent voice, but not for maiden. plus, it wasn't just the vocals that made that album weak, the whole sound and writing style was different, and not for the better.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 5:36pm
just about every single song on every single album up to and including 'seventh son' is absolute genius, as is about half of fear of the dark. Paul Dianno was a great singer and the material was equally great, although I do prefer Dickinson-era a lot more. You people arn't real Maiden fans if you disagree. FACT

Opinion but whatever I've liked them since I was 16. and I don't dislike Don Piano.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 22,2012 5:47pm
nope. FACT.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 5:48pm
I agree with the statement except minus fear of the dark part.

toggletoggle post by Elevated Enrique at Jun 22,2012 5:53pm
I have scientific evidence that 'lady in black' is the best song ever written.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 6:04pm
fear of the dark's cover is fucking sweet though, that is an alright album.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 6:16pm
nope. FACT.

Yep. Maiden is, and always has been a GUITAR DRIVEN BAND. Vocals have always been secondary to me for them, regardless of who is singing. Their signature melodic riffs are still there on the old stuff. The production is typical of that era, and Paul's voice FIT THE SOUND of S/T and Killers. I am psyched to hear them, but it'll be different with Bruce on vox.
Also, why does everyone always drool over Bruce? Great vocalist, but not the highlight of the band. GUITARS.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 6:18pm
nope. FACT.

Yep. Maiden is, and always has been a GUITAR DRIVEN BAND. Vocals have always been secondary to me for them, regardless of who is singing. Their signature melodic riffs are still there on the old stuff. The production is typical of that era, and Paul's voice FIT THE SOUND of S/T and Killers. I am psyched to hear them, but it'll be different with Bruce on vox.
Also, why does everyone always drool over Bruce? Great vocalist, but not the highlight of the band. GUITARS.

yeah no shit.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 22,2012 6:20pm edited Jun 22,2012 6:20pm
to paraphrase andrew:

"you guys are giving me opinions, but I'm giving you FACTS."

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 22,2012 6:23pm
THIS THREAD WILL LEAD TO PARKING LOT SEX BRAWL

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 22,2012 6:24pm
THIS THREAD WILL LEAD TO PARKING LOT AOW MARATHON

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 22,2012 6:46pm
Holy shit, Brave New World is better than the first 2 albums? When did all these pussies crawl out of the woodwork?!!?

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 22,2012 6:52pm
that's like your opinion mannn

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 22,2012 7:02pm
Maiden England vid:

1. Moonchild 05:39 Show lyrics
2. The Evil That Men Do 04:36 Show lyrics
3. The Prisoner 06:00 Show lyrics
4. Still Life 04:54 Show lyrics
5. Die with Your Boots On 05:25 Show lyrics
6. Infinite Dreams 06:08 Show lyrics
7. Killers 05:11 Show lyrics
8. Can I Play with Madness* 03:32 Show lyrics
9. Heaven Can Wait 07:22 Show lyrics
10. Wasted Years 05:07 Show lyrics
11. The Clairvoyant 04:27 Show lyrics
12. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 09:53 Show lyrics
13. The Number of the Beast 04:53 Show lyrics
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name * 07:15 Show lyrics
15. Iron Maiden 03:45 Show lyrics

Not the end of the world to go without "Heaven Can Wait" and even "Still Life", but I'd have been just as happy for them to keep "Dw/YBO", "HBTN", "Killers", and "Infinite Dreams" and lose the two from FotD... It's a great song, but I don't really see "Two Minutes To Midnight" as that important to the live set either.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 22,2012 7:03pm
Maiden England is one of the best live vhs ever.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 22,2012 7:06pm
Will Nicko bring Sooty along?!?!

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 22,2012 8:59pm

If they play Seventh Son of a Seveinth Son I can not guarantee refraining from touching my private parts

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Jun 23,2012 11:12am
going!

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Jun 23,2012 12:09pm
demondave said[orig][quote]

If they play Seventh Son of a Seveinth Son I can not guarantee refraining from touching my private parts

making my privates parts public parts is epic.

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 23,2012 1:13pm

toggletoggle post by Nostromo at Jun 24,2012 8:25pm edited Jun 24,2012 8:28pm
So do we have any info on tailgating? I think they allow people to park around 4, but I've heard mixed things about them allowing grilling / drinking / ect. I think Alice goes on at 7 30, so they might even open parking gates at 3 30.

toggletoggle post by Spydre  at Jun 24,2012 9:06pm
I'm going to get there a little after 3 with a bunch of people and will be grilling and drinking from solo cups. I'll be really surprised if they harass you for drinking out of solo cups if you're over 21 and not causing a scene.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jun 24,2012 11:42pm
They're saying it's going to rain tues. afternoon/evening. Bring canopies.

toggletoggle post by frankofhell at Jun 25,2012 12:57am
Everysingle show at that place Ive ever been to it rains. Cool story i know. .

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 25,2012 4:30pm
i hope its not too shitty while we're tailgating. during the show, I dont really give a shit.

toggletoggle post by GUYnli at Jun 25,2012 5:09pm
just bought some shit lawn seats for 32 bucks stubhub

toggletoggle post by tailgate party opening act at Jun 25,2012 5:34pm

toggletoggle post by I. Ron Maiden at Jun 25,2012 5:39pm

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 25,2012 6:37pm

fap fapfap fapfapfapfap

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jun 25,2012 8:04pm
Definitely fapworthy

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jun 25,2012 11:36pm
ok really stupid question, are chairs allowed for lawn seating?

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jun 25,2012 11:38pm
boblovesmusic said[orig][quote]

I've never seen chairs, but you can definitely bring a blanket.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 25,2012 11:54pm
I heard no blankets any more.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 26,2012 12:12am

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Jun 26,2012 1:57am
nope. FACT.

Yep. Maiden is, and always has been a BASS DRIVEN BAND. Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris Steve Harris
Also, why does everyone always drool over Bruce? Great vocalist, but not the highlight of the band. BASS.

toggletoggle post by frankovhell at Jun 26,2012 5:18am
boblovesmusic said[orig][quote]

You will be standing , headbanging and cheering the entire time. Trust me.

toggletoggle post by nostromo at Jun 26,2012 8:05am
What the fuck is wrong with this country? First I get turned away from Judas Priest because I had pins on my vest, and now they're going to randomly search vehicles at summer concerts? Fuck off. Going to a big show there days feels like im going to a government funded event. If people want to drink, it's their fucking choice. I just don't know anymore.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 26,2012 8:58am
nostromo said[orig][quote]
What the fuck is wrong with this country? Why isn't Pagan Altar playing this show, too?.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jun 26,2012 9:02am

I love HBTN, sad to see that didn't make the list.

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Jun 26,2012 11:44am
Why isn't Pagan Altar playing this show, too?.

A just question.

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Jun 26,2012 11:47am
Fucking amped for this. My ticket says lots open at 4, so that's the time I intend to arrive.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 26,2012 11:49am
they ALWAYS play Hallowed Be Thy Name, I'm glad to see some new shit up there this time around.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 26,2012 12:20pm
i keep hearing they are cunts about parking lot partying and yet the lot opens at 4pm...why open it that early if they dont want people hanging out in the lot?

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Jun 26,2012 1:02pm
Leaving in a couple hours. Pumped!

toggletoggle post by Conquer the Fagogay at Jun 26,2012 1:14pm
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
Leaving in a couple hours. Pumped!
Stay home faggot.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 26,2012 1:18pm
i keep hearing they are cunts about parking lot partying and yet the lot opens at 4pm...why open it that early if they dont want people hanging out in the lot?

If that's the case, I'm just gonna park somewhere else and get loaded, then show up 10 minutes before the show starts.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 26,2012 1:36pm
there's a little park down the street called Kingmans Pond, I'm gonna get blasted there. Fuck off nowadays parking lots.

toggletoggle post by Military Police at Jun 26,2012 1:54pm

Philosoraptor

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 3:13pm

toggletoggle post by some kid at Jun 26,2012 3:15pm
WHO'S THAT???!!

toggletoggle post by true metalhead of 2012 at Jun 26,2012 3:22pm

totally ripped of Black Veil Brides!

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 4:19pm
i hate when old men rip off the young dont you?

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 26,2012 5:16pm
Shitdicks... Got an extra ticket, anyone interested?! $82, sec 6, gotta enter with me and my credit card. Leaving Waltham 7:15-7:30. Anyone?

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2012 5:43pm
Here now in the pay lot so I can get out at a decent time.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 26,2012 6:34pm
In parking lot tailgatin

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 26,2012 6:35pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Here now in the pay lot so I can get out at a decent time.

I debated that. But my friends were like "fuck it"

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2012 6:37pm
If today was Saturday I would have parked in the free lot. But I have to work in the morning.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 26,2012 6:39pm
Gotcha, I have tomorrow pff

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2012 6:39pm
Who has the beers and were are you parked? I have beers but I don't think you're allowed to transport through the parking lot.

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 7:05pm

bennyhillifier
time to get schooled boys and girls. you went with Iron Maiden on your mind, but you will leave with the Alice thrashing of your life!

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 7:09pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 7:10pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 7:11pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 7:11pm

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 7:12pm

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 26,2012 7:18pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Who has the beers and were are you parked? I have beers but I don't think you're allowed to transport through the parking lot.

Shit, I was up near the top in section 10. I drove and beer in the trunk, but suddenly the guys I was with decided to go in and now I'm inside

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2012 7:20pm
Shit, Loaded my cargo shorts up with beers and carrying my wendys cup. Walking around the lot.

toggletoggle post by Bloblovesmusic at Jun 26,2012 8:21pm
Missed a good chunk of Alice cooper on account of wicked bad traffic. The parts I saw/heard ruled.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2012 8:48pm
In the front row pit. Shit's Ill. Fuck Alice Cooper.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 26,2012 8:57pm
Front row pit? That's awesome. I'm in section 8

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 26,2012 9:08pm
Why wasn't Raynard at the venue supporting Alice Cooper?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 26,2012 9:34pm
Alice cooper rules. But I'm not there so what do I know.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jun 26,2012 9:36pm
Yeah man. Not tryna demean your business practices but what the fuck are you doing at a life once lost?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 26,2012 10:27pm
Maiden is terrible to deal with photo-wise.

toggletoggle post by ben at Jun 26,2012 11:04pm
nekronaut said[orig][quote]
Why wasn't Raynard at the venue supporting Alice Cooper?
i have seen and met Alice so many times. this is the first Alice show that cost more then i wanted to spend, thanks to IronMaiden needing so much jet fuel to get around on their own. plus they are full of themselves. maybe rightfully so. once at an Alice show in N.J. i even snuck on stage and hid behind an Alice prop once and watched his whole show from behind him. towards the end they tossed me in the audience. Brian Renfield Nelson caught me! he was cool about it. R.I.P.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jun 26,2012 11:12pm edited Jun 26,2012 11:21pm
Your posts almost rival mine in pointlessness, ben. Keep it up.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 27,2012 12:01am
Heard from a few people that Alice was terrible. Thought the front row pit was gonna be elbow to elbow. But there was actually alot of room down there. It was like seeing Maiden in a club. Ross, some weird drunk dude and I drank $9.50 beers and sang along to every song. Best big time show I've been to in a long time. Becoming a member of the Iron Maiden fanclub could be the smartist thing I've ever done. Our tickets ruled.

toggletoggle post by scooby666 at Jun 27,2012 12:11am
Alice was great - I don't know who said he sucked but he didn't. Maidens sound was TERRIBLE. Alice sounded great and Maiden sounded just dreadful. They played well but whoever their sound tech is should be FIRED. Very disappointed.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jun 27,2012 12:39am
I've heard from many people maidens sound was awful. I've got plugs and wear them at every show, so to me, it sounded good. I could hear everything.

toggletoggle post by chernobyl at Jun 27,2012 12:40am edited Jun 27,2012 12:41am
Didnt sound THAT bad..I could hear all instruments fine and wasnt muddy but i will agree there was feedback and maybe the levels werent right?whatever they played seventh son and evil that kheds do

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 27,2012 12:41am
Alice sounded great but Maiden had sound problems. Feedback muddiness and vocals dropping out. Despite that iron maiden were awesome. I was on the left side, maybe onle that side's speakers were fucking up...

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 27,2012 12:43am
Oh, an the highlight for me was absofuckingloutely seventh son of a seventh son. I fapped

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jun 27,2012 1:22am
At least i got to see "run to the hills".

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 27,2012 2:10am
Other than a little occasional vocal mud, sounded great to me. Outstanding set, great Eddie action during "Seventh Son" and "Iron Maiden"!

toggletoggle post by nostromo at Jun 27,2012 2:12am
Fuck the pit crowd. Nothing but dads who were more interested in filming the band with iPhones. Almost got into 3 fights because people were offended I bumped into them. You know there's a problem when you re second row for maiden and you don't have to fight to keep you r spot . Fuck. That crowd. I've had better crowd experience at the palladium. Despite this, maiden ruled.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 27,2012 3:54am
I had no idea I was going to this until 3 in the afternoon, got lawn tickets for $15 and upgraded easily to the rear seats since there were so many open. 2 and a half hours of traffic and got to see 45 minutes of Maiden then had to blast up to Boston for work. Overall I think it was worth it. Also, $40 for a fucking t shirt? Fuck off.

toggletoggle post by trioxin245  at Jun 27,2012 4:29am
from where I was standing, kevord and I were the ONLY people in the front section who knew any of the words to any maiden songs. How is that possible? Who buys front row tickets to a maiden show and just stands there mindlessly staring into space? Either way I had fun. Highlight was th evill that men do.

toggletoggle post by nli at Jun 27,2012 5:15am
If you wait last minute do they unleash cheap $15 tix or was it off someone? I know that place does weird ticket specials that make no sense sometimes

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 27,2012 6:32am
Fuck the pit crowd. Nothing but dads who were more interested in filming the band with iPhones. Almost got into 3 fights because people were offended I bumped into them. You know there's a problem when you re second row for maiden and you don't have to fight to keep you r spot . Fuck. That crowd. I've had better crowd experience at the palladium. Despite this, maiden ruled.

Once again, LOL.

WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE CROWD AT AN IRON MAIDEN SHOW? ALSO, LAID BACK ROCK DADS AT AN IRON MAIDEN SHOW? FUCKING DUH, NEXT TO METALLICA THEY ARE THE MOST EASILY ACCESSIBLE/RECOGNIZABLE METAL BAND OF ALL TIME.

Quit your bitching, you got to see Maiden while I was stuck working all night.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 27,2012 6:43am
nli said[orig][quote]
If you wait last minute do they unleash cheap $15 tix or was it off someone? I know that place does weird ticket specials that make no sense sometimes

Got them from a friend.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 27,2012 6:50am
Highlight of the show was Ross' farts.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 27,2012 7:54am
The highlight for me was Bruce saying, "C'mon Boston, get your fucking shit together!" as if he's some sort of disappointed father, haha.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Jun 27,2012 9:52am

toggletoggle post by maiden fan at Jun 27,2012 9:57am
can anyone post a setlist from last night?

toggletoggle post by nostromo at Jun 27,2012 10:07am
Only almost starting a fist fight because I reached over some laid back rock dads shoulder for Alice Cooper money is bitch worthy. My two friends also got a ton of shit because they moved up through the crowd, and didn't just stand n the back. One dad next to me fucking flipped his shit on my buddy for literally nothing.

toggletoggle post by ark at Jun 27,2012 10:15am
trioxin245 said[orig][quote]
Who buys front row tickets to a maiden show and just stands there mindlessly staring into space?
LAME. where do these people come from?? i would have been flipping my shit. STILL NEVER SEEN 'EM.

toggletoggle post by maiden fan at Jun 27,2012 10:19am
i saw one poor kid (maybe 10?) get basically run over by 15 "adults" going after a drum head at the end of the night. shoulda gave the thing to the kid after they crushed him in his seat. he was a ..."trooper" though about it. people are fucking assholes.

toggletoggle post by nostromo at Jun 27,2012 10:23am
That same dad who flipped out on us for " pushing" was one of those guys that didn't sing a word, raise his hands, or make any movement that would suggest he had ever heard of iron maiden before.

toggletoggle post by Ghoulash at Jun 27,2012 10:29am
I had a seats but i went an hung out on the lawn with everyone i know and had a blast. I also managed to find the only vendor stand with the $4 rolling rocks, needless to say i took advantage...

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 27,2012 11:18am
was it me or was Maiden alomost in slow motion and sometimes just OFF?

all in all though, show was fucking awesome.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 27,2012 11:49am
The nerd recording the show in front of me is going to be pissed when he gets home and finds out that all he can hear is my obnoxious scream-singing

Bruce is like a little ninja, I was so impressed with him and that set dressing

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard  at Jun 27,2012 12:01pm
Ghoulash said[orig][quote]
I also managed to find the only vendor stand with the $4 rolling rocks, needless to say i took advantage...

wait, WHAT?

FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFF. where? god damnit.

toggletoggle post by eyeroller at Jun 27,2012 12:11pm
The nerd recording the show in front of me is going to be pissed when he gets home and finds out that all he can hear is my obnoxious scream-singing

I don't particularly care for people spending more time trying to tape shows than actually watch it, they can fuck off. But so can people screaming every word, often incorrectly. If I was dropping a pile of cash to hear Bruce sing, I want to hear Bruce, not you and your gaggle of silence-equals-death pals. That being said, I didn't go, pretty tired of Maiden.

I bet you were, sailor.

toggletoggle post by Yucko the Clown at Jun 27,2012 12:23pm
eyeroller said[orig][quote]

I don't particularly care for people spending more time trying to tape shows than actually watch it, they can fuck off. But so can people screaming every word, often incorrectly. If I was dropping a pile of cash to hear Bruce sing, I want to hear Bruce, not you and your gaggle of silence-equals-death pals. That being said, I didn't go, pretty tired of Maiden.

I bet you were, sailor.

cool stories bro

toggletoggle post by Bloblovesmusic at Jun 27,2012 12:25pm
I also managed to find the only vendor stand with the $4 rolling rocks, needless to say i took advantage...

wait, WHAT?

I can confirm this. Bought two beers for 8 bucks! (inb4 wren doesn't drink. I was buying them for the lady!)

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 27,2012 12:27pm

If I was dropping a pile of cash to hear Bruce sing, I want to hear Bruce, not you and your gaggle of silence-equals-death pals.

Hahaha if I'm dropping a pile of cash to see Bruce sing I'm going to do whatever the fuck seems like fun, people like you can always go sit in the car and listen to the album there

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jun 27,2012 12:36pm

If I was dropping a pile of cash to hear Bruce sing, I want to hear Bruce, not you and your gaggle of silence-equals-death pals.

Hahaha if I'm dropping a pile of cash to see Bruce sing I'm going to do whatever the fuck seems like fun, people like you can always go sit in the car and listen to the album there

Scream out sister, scream out!

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 27,2012 12:52pm

show was the most fun I've had in a while. thanks to KEVORD for reserving me a ticket and aril for the $11 beer.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 27,2012 12:59pm
Fuck, my throat is toast now.

I was wondering last night if maybe Janick has a contractual guarantee of at least 2 solos, hence "Afraid" and "Fear"...?? He was kinda moping away in his corner for most of the set.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 27,2012 1:03pm

show was the most fun I've had in a while. thanks to KEVORD for reserving me a ticket and aril for the $11 beer.
No problem. I had a hell of a time. Best big concert I've been to in a couple of years. Too bad none of the early plans for a big RTTP tailgate worked out.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 27,2012 1:11pm edited Jun 27,2012 1:11pm

No problem... The one I got went all over everyone in front of me and I LULZED. Got this poser girl soaked and her boyfriend was shooting darts are me all night.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jun 27,2012 2:07pm
only seeing Maiden in 1985 is real

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 27,2012 2:25pm
Headbanging_Man said[orig][quote]

I was wondering last night if maybe Janick has a contractual guarantee of at least 2 solos, hence "Afraid" and "Fear"...?? He was kinda moping away in his corner for most of the set.

I don't know about that, he spent half the set throwing his guitar around and doing jumping jacks.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jun 27,2012 3:03pm
Shame about the pit of buttdarts, it was a regular chorus of drunks where I was standing. So glad I got to finally see them live, and with my brother no less, who was with 8 year old me when I found the Piece of Mind cd in my neighbor's dumpster after they had a basement flood. That started it all for me!

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 27,2012 3:12pm
honestly it was kind of nice to not have drunk morons constantly yelling in my ear and bumping into me. Like ORD said, we expected it to be an elbow-to-elbow shit fest, and were pleasantly surprised.

toggletoggle post by Ghoulash at Jun 27,2012 3:19pm edited Jun 27,2012 3:20pm
Bloblovesmusic said[orig][quote]

wait, WHAT?

I can confirm this. Bought two beers for 8 bucks! (inb4 wren doesn't drink. I was buying them for the lady!)

yeah, stage left right next to the lawn, the very last tent... there was no line either.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 27,2012 3:52pm

I don't know about that, he spent half the set throwing his guitar around and doing jumping jacks.

Yeah, but he was running around way less than when he first joined (and when I saw them in 2003), and only walked over to jam with the other guys a few times that I noticed... He's still definitely more rambunctious than Dave and Adrian, but he seemed to stick a lot more to his own little territory than in the past.

Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned; his presence isn't bad for filling out and thickening the guitar sound, but it was goofy when he was sprinting back and forth every 2 minutes.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 27,2012 3:53pm
agreed. plus, adrian and dave > janick

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 27,2012 3:54pm
FACT

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 27,2012 7:25pm
narkybark said[orig][quote]
only seeing Maiden in 1985 is real

seeing them in 1981 is realer

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 27,2012 7:28pm

watch the crowds at south american maiden shows, then compare it to last night's. for maiden it's tough to be 'on' when the US crowds are so weak

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 27,2012 7:30pm
MarkFuckingRichards said[orig][quote]
The highlight for me was Bruce saying, "C'mon Boston, get your fucking shit together!"

yep

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 27,2012 7:36pm
Yea, crowd was lame, collectively.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 27,2012 7:53pm
Blaming the victim? Not very classy...

I was surprised though... I think "Two Minutes" and "Wasted Years" had the best crowd response. Maybe NotB too... Not nearly as much for "Clairvoyant", ETMDo, and "Running Free" though.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 27,2012 8:03pm
Harris and Gers were trying to get people to pogo

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 27,2012 8:27pm
Blaming the victim? Not very classy...

guess we disagree on who the 'victim' was, Mr. Classy

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 27,2012 8:32pm
That was a joke, but clearly no one need lose any tears over the multinational corporate entity that must have brought in a cool $1 million+ in revenue from the 14,000+ paid.

You're really fucking old and unimpressed by shows nowadays. Great, we get it.

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 27,2012 8:56pm
I wasn't there and in no way was i referring to myself
don't make it about me

others here commented on this same issue, friends of mine who were there told me it was apparent maiden didn't seem to have their usual energy 100% of the time... hell, even Bruce had something to say about it

i stick by my statement: compare last night's crowd to the crowds in Flight 666 or En Vivo and tell me you see no difference. Maiden feed off the crowds' energy. Always have. They give back what they get. Why do you think Bruce said what he said? Was Bruce 'blaming the victim'?

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 27,2012 9:21pm
Their energy was fine, and clearly they were having a good time even if it wasn't the biggest crowd they ever played for. There were a few missed notes, but I just don't agree that they were "off" at all.

Bruce was giving his standard stage banter, which ALWAYS involves the "I can't fucking hear you" kind of thing. I don't think it would have done anyone any good if he'd said "That's loud enough Boston, why don't you bring it down a few notches?!?"

Besides, he fucked up too, during "The Prisoner". First he tried to get everyone clapping to the beat during the drum intro, then seemed to get a little annoyed when people didn't shout in unison during the guitar rests in the intro riff (ala the Maiden England video). But you can only give so many instructions to a stadium crowd in about 15 seconds and expect them to follow along. So he kinda fucked that one up a little, and I even think that's when the "Get your shit together" comment came. Get your shit together, Bruce!

I'm not going to nominate this crowd for an audience participation award, but I think plenty of appreciation was shown for the band. And even though crowd energy is indeed a tangible reality of shows, a well-paid professional band like MAIDEN should be putting in like 97% even when only 50 dudes in the back are going nuts.

I'll go out on a limb: even if last night was not the highlight of MAIDEN's live career, anyone that didn't have a fucking blast is totally jaded.

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 27,2012 9:24pm
you were there, i wasn't so: fair enough

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 27,2012 9:34pm
I don't doubt our fast food/Walmart culture, comparative economic luxury, and relative political stability/freedom make us a lot less impressive than, say, the Brazilians, when it comes to going crazy at shows, but that's a whole different set of issues entirely. Having only had the luck to see MAIDEN twice so far, I'd say the Mass. legions were a lot more impressive and involved this year than in Worcester 2003.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jun 27,2012 10:21pm

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Jun 27,2012 11:48pm
Bloblovesmusic said[orig][quote]

wait, WHAT?

FFFFFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUUUFUFUFUFF
i dropped like 40 bucks on booze and barely had a buzz on.
i was seriously considering not buying beers at this show, but i had a shit of a day beforehand, and c'mon, i'm seeing one of the best drunken sing along bands livefor the first time pfffftttttt

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jun 28,2012 4:40am
thirdknuckle said[orig][quote]

watch the crowds at south american maiden shows, then compare it to last night's. for maiden it's tough to be 'on' when the US crowds are so weak

We tried getting the "Olé, olé....MAIDEN
, MAIDEN." chant going that the mexican fans do. Needless to say. Didn't work.

toggletoggle post by KPANZER at Jun 28,2012 3:11pm
Pires said[orig][quote]
thirdknuckle said[orig][quote]

We tried getting the "Olé, olé....MAIDEN
, MAIDEN." chant going that the mexican fans do. Needless to say. Didn't work.

We tried the same as well as the hooligan-" MAIDEN!clap-clap-clapMAIDEN!clap-clap-clap" chant. American Maiden crowds suck.
But other than crowd apathy & sound glitches I had a great night.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jun 28,2012 3:20pm
nobody can compete with crowds south of the border. nobody. just doesn't happen.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 28,2012 3:24pm
arktouros said[orig][quote]
nobody can compete with crowds south of the border. nobody. just doesn't happen.

it's a lot easier to get excited about a concert and not be a bunch of boring jaded assholes when your quality of life is as low as it in some places south of the border. america is spoiled, old news. show was fun as hell.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 28,2012 3:29pm
bingo. i was watching a short clip about a guy who lives in Columbia, he was walking around a cemetery pointing out all of his dead family members. basically everything he said was summed up as "without metal, we have nothing". sew that on your patch jackets, faggots.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 28,2012 3:35pm
if you watch the flight 666 movie, you can see the emotion behind the fans in some places at the opportunity to see Maiden live. I guarantee there isn't a single person on a message board in columbia going 'fuck that shit, only seeing them in 1987 was real.'

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Jun 28,2012 3:37pm
Exactly because they cherish any moment to see a band such as this. While half of the people at the us shows are fat middle aged dads checking the redsox score on their smartphones. Hell, they are the only people that can even afford to go to these shows and get decent seats half the time. In Columbia Im sure they save up all year just to see Maiden.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 28,2012 3:39pm
I for one have never had any less than an awesome time at a Maiden show, and I've definitely never been able to talk without sounding like an 85-year-old smoker for at least 2 days afterwards from screaming along to every word.,

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 28,2012 7:10pm

USA isn't Brazil or Chile, so what? South America doesn't get concerts like we do, so it is a huge event, but at the same time do you think they are spending $11 for a beer and $85+ for tickets? You would get more action with general admission festivals where the younger kids who don't spend $120 can get up front. $40 shirts, $5 hotdogs $80 long sleeves... etc etc. It's the older crowd that can afford this. Who's gonna jump seats to get closer and risk being kicked out ofter dropping a ton of cash.

Iron Maiden are the professionals who are getting paid a fortune for this. I heard everyone screaming out. Look at the shots above, everyone has their hands in the air. I don't think the band is all bitching that Americans don't jump up and down. If they were that would just make them jaded and spoiled.

toggletoggle post by trioxin_245  at Jun 28,2012 7:17pm
I didn't think they were bitching either, I was responding more to posts ITT.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 28,2012 8:19pm
With tickets for me and gal, beer, merch, gas, food... I dropped almost 400 dollars on this concert. WTF

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 28,2012 8:20pm
NOT TO MENTION THE FAT FUCK GAVE ME A LARGE SHIRT WHEN I ASKED FOR AN EXTRA LARGE. WHERE IS MY 40 BUCKS BITCH

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 28,2012 8:28pm edited Jun 28,2012 8:28pm
NOT TO MENTION THE FAT FUCK GAVE ME A LARGE SHIRT WHEN I ASKED FOR AN EXTRA LARGE. WHERE IS MY 40 BUCKS BITCH
I got an XXL instead of XL cause that's all they had in the 7th son shirt. 40 bucks doesn't get you what you want these days. Lucky for me I'm pretty fat so XXL isnt too big on me.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jun 28,2012 10:25pm
nobody can compete with crowds in India. nobody. just doesn't happen.

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 28,2012 11:52pm
nobody can compete with crowds in Allston. nobody. just doesn't happen.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jun 29,2012 12:31am
Too busy headbanging to pay attention to the crowd around me. loved it. wish i had the money/time off of work to follow them around.

on a side note, anyone else notice them fuck up the intro to wasted years? To the point where the song wasn't recognizable unless you knew that riff was played on the e string. (i'm talking about the very first phrase, before bass.)

*again i couldn't be happier with their performance and setlist.

iron maiden is the type of band that doesn't need to be "on" to be amazing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 29,2012 12:47am
they don't get excited, they get stabby.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 29,2012 1:20pm
I'm so glad I can only read complaints/criticism rather than hearing them. I'd probably want to stab myself in the ear if I had to hear this much fucking whining in real life. I think for 6 guys in their 50s (maybe even breaking into their 60s?) still trying to jump around like madmen in tight pants and high top sneakers while trying not to fuck up your favorite songs, they did a hell of a job on Tuesday. I could only be so lucky to have half as much energy when I'm their age. For those of you who got a chance to see Iron Maiden in what many people would consider their prime, good for you, but not everyone is 3 days older than baseball. The fact that the crowd on Tuesday ranged from kids that were probably still in single digits to people old enough to be my grandparents is impressive enough for me to realize that Iron Maiden is timeless and anyone who ever had/will have the chance to see them before they retire is lucky, whether it was 30 years ago or 5 years from now.

On a somewhat related note, did anyone here see Maiden in 2000 for the Brave New World tour, with Halford and Queensryche? The show was so under-attended that if you kept your ticket stub to Ozzfest 2000 a few days prior, you got into the show for free. The lawn was practically empty, and by the time Maiden went on, my friends and I were able to just walk halfway through the covered seats and sit down without anyone batting an eye. Would anyone like to complain about that show too?

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 29,2012 2:14pm
I was at that show in 2000 and also got in for free. Great woods used to let you onto the lawn for free with a ticket stub from another show a lot around that time.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 29,2012 2:31pm
I saw Iron Maiden in 1487, at a small Keep in London. This heathen wench was a witch at birth. A Iron Maiden dost her justice.

toggletoggle post by TROLL OF MISERY at Jun 29,2012 2:34pm
Shut your nu metal mouth, aril

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jun 29,2012 2:39pm
Whatever you say, anon.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jun 29,2012 2:40pm

I bet you were, sailor.

I like that the trolls always think you're a guy.

toggletoggle post by TROLL OF MISERY at Jun 29,2012 2:41pm
woah settle down there, brah.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jun 29,2012 2:44pm
Lol

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 29,2012 2:45pm
aril know she's a she.

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jun 29,2012 2:46pm
Also, I don't know who it is but I think eyeroller is just nli. Not a troll.

toggletoggle post by TROLL OF MISERY at Jun 29,2012 2:50pm
shut the fuck up, burnsy

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jun 29,2012 2:52pm
Ok. I won't post here anymore.

toggletoggle post by TROLL OF MISERY at Jun 29,2012 2:53pm
woah settle down there, brah

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jun 29,2012 2:57pm
I saw em headline for Fear Factory on their X Factor tour in 96 at Lupos. Show was cheap and one of my favorites to this day. I could think of things I would've liked to hear more of or members I preferred but why? It was A-fucking-mazing!

toggletoggle post by TROLL OF MISERY at Jun 29,2012 2:58pm
shut the fuck up, yummy

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 29,2012 3:00pm
Troll of Cherhoniak.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Jun 29,2012 3:13pm edited Jun 29,2012 3:15pm

On a somewhat related note, did anyone here see Maiden in 2000 for the Brave New World tour, with Halford and Queensryche?

I missed this tour, but this does bring to my mind the Halford headlining tour in 2003 with Immortal and Behemoth (who I guess replaced Amon Amarth). I was in MI and saw the tour at a place basically equivalent to Avalon and was amazed that it was maybe 60% full at any time, including during Immortal and Halford's sets. Bizarre.

toggletoggle post by TROLL OF MISERY at Jun 29,2012 3:14pm
settle down pls

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 29,2012 3:16pm
I'm pretty sure that 2003 Halford tour is the tour that I showed up to the Palladium the night of the concert and there was a sign saying the show was canceled. I was super bummed.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jun 29,2012 3:16pm
TROLL%20OF%20MISERY said[orig][quote]
shut the fuck up, yummy

done.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 29,2012 3:19pm
pam said[orig][quote]

Shhhhh

I'm a guy that posts on a local metal forum about Chanel

Nobody needs to know otherwise

toggletoggle post by TROLL OF MISERY at Jun 29,2012 3:21pm
pam said[orig][quote]

Shhhhh

I'm a guy that posts on a local metal forum about Chanel

Nobody needs to know otherwise

shut up, you like Chevelle

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 29,2012 3:52pm
I'm so glad I can only read complaints/criticism rather than hearing them. I'd probably want to stab myself in the ear if I had to hear this much fucking whining in real life. I think for 6 guys in their 50s (maybe even breaking into their 60s?) still trying to jump around like madmen in tight pants and high top sneakers while trying not to fuck up your favorite songs, they did a hell of a job on Tuesday. I could only be so lucky to have half as much energy when I'm their age. For those of you who got a chance to see Iron Maiden in what many people would consider their prime, good for you, but not everyone is 3 days older than baseball. The fact that the crowd on Tuesday ranged from kids that were probably still in single digits to people old enough to be my grandparents is impressive enough for me to realize that Iron Maiden is timeless and anyone who ever had/will have the chance to see them before they retire is lucky, whether it was 30 years ago or 5 years from now.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 29,2012 3:56pm
TROLL%20OF%20MISERY said[orig][quote]
shut up, you like Chevelle

I don't even drive bro

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jun 29,2012 5:11pm

Amen dude!

toggletoggle post by Gregd-blessedoffal  at Jun 29,2012 5:55pm

On a somewhat related note, did anyone here see Maiden in 2000 for the Brave New World tour, with Halford and Queensryche? The show was so under-attended that if you kept your ticket stub to Ozzfest 2000 a few days prior, you got into the show for free. The lawn was practically empty, and by the time Maiden went on, my friends and I were able to just walk halfway through the covered seats and sit down without anyone batting an eye. Would anyone like to complain about that show too?

Ditto!!

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Jun 29,2012 9:20pm
agreed
certainly one of the greatest metal bands of all time, living legends, no argument there

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][3:41:24pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.13475 secs/14 queries]
[search][refresh page]