New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> ITT: we discuss/recommend neo-folkish/post-industrial music by xmikex on Feb 2,2012 7:46pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 2,2012 7:46pm
I'm a relative n00b to the genre, and admittedly only broke down and give Death in June a chance because I thought they always had cool merch. I've been way hooked on early Sol Invictus and Blood Axis "Gospel of Inhumanity" which are probably super obvious choices for anyone who knows their shit, but oh well. Please make suggestions while file sharing still moderately exists.

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

rttp shoots this down every time I mention it, but I still love KD

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Feb 2,2012 7:53pm

bennyhillifier

I know this aint what your looking for or talking about, but this is my stepdads old band. I guess it would be for fans of KMFDM, Ministry, and other shit like that. I just figured since industrial was mentioned..

toggletoggle post by Goatrider  at Feb 2,2012 7:58pm
I basically grew up on Deathrock and the more Gothic side of post-Industrial, and then got into metal and eventually some punk/hardcore. Still, I don't remember a whole lot of the more folky groups and projects I'd heard. Death In June always struck me as the best, though. Sol Invictus is always a good choice, too.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 2,2012 7:58pm
This is kinda like the Travelling Wilburys of neofolk (members of everybody, etc.). Fucking amazing record.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Feb 2,2012 8:04pm

toggletoggle post by FAKE aril at Feb 2,2012 8:04pm
What a fucking newb. Posts the most commercial bands. Hahahahaha.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 2,2012 8:06pm edited Feb 2,2012 8:12pm
neofolk
commercial
bunch of sketchy gay nazis playing acoustic guitars and banging on trashcans and shit

MIND BLOWN

toggletoggle post by burnsy at Feb 2,2012 8:23pm
I heard a couple songs by neun welten a while back that were enjoyable.

toggletoggle post by Uh at Feb 2,2012 9:04pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2012 12:32am
xgodzillax said[orig][quote]

bennyhillifier

I know this aint what your looking for or talking about, but this is my stepdads old band. I guess it would be for fans of KMFDM, Ministry, and other shit like that. I just figured since industrial was mentioned..
Weird... Though I've always loved that song.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2012 12:33am
Uh beat me to the current 93

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2012 12:37am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2012 12:44am

bennyhillifier
probably their best song. Dl beautt reaps the blood of solitude or false.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Feb 3,2012 12:59am
Above the Ruins - Songs of the Wolf (pre-Sol Invictus and a bit more post/punk. Still can't recommend it enough, especially if you're a fan of Sol Invictus).

Then there's Luftwaffe, neofolk from Chicago. Triarii, who might be more martial industrial but definitely have a few neofolk influenced songs.

Von Thronstahl (again, a mixture of martial industrial and neofolk). Rome, especially the earlier material. Agalloch's The White ep is basically a neofolk record, and it's some of my favorite material from them

Alx posted a Of the Wand and the Moon track, and I second that recommendation.

Deutsch Nepal & The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath a Cloud - A Night in Fear (Been spinning this a lot recently. It's more ambient/electronic and experimental but certainly appeals to fans of neofolk. Sort of reminds me of SWANS meets Dead Can Dance)

In my opinion, Death in June's But What Ends When the Symbols Shatter? is the definitive neofolk record. Aside from the last album, all DI6 is nothing short of perfection.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Feb 3,2012 1:13am
Arditi and Laibach's Nova Akropola are two other solid (martial) industrial recommendations, and if you feel like getting politically sketchy then Sturmfuhrer's Niemals Vergessen is also worth a listen.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Feb 3,2012 1:16am
Aaaand if I'm recommending Arditi, then I should also mention Puissance, I suppose.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Feb 3,2012 1:38am
An unsettling piece for your "post" industrial needs. Do a quick google search and find out who's behind this =)

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Ancient_Master  at Feb 3,2012 2:44am

toggletoggle post by frankovhell at Feb 3,2012 5:02am
Vali from Norway
and ROME is pretty cool

Sol Invictus and Death in June get a lot of playtime from me. Thanks for the info MIke on the pre sol invictus stuff. I will check that out for sure.

toggletoggle post by frankovhell at Feb 3,2012 5:03am

toggletoggle post by Ancient_Master  at Feb 3,2012 5:14am
anyone here into the acoustic October Falls albums?

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at Feb 3,2012 9:06am
Rome is sort of boilerplate stuff but I dig it. Wand and Moon is great...

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at Feb 3,2012 9:19am

toggletoggle post by OldFrenchWhore at Feb 3,2012 9:21am
Karjalan Sissit:

http://youtu.be/OQuq08Jayus

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at Feb 3,2012 9:21am

toggletoggle post by OldFrenchWhore at Feb 3,2012 9:27am

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 3,2012 9:41am
MikeOv said[orig][quote]
. Do a quick google search and find out who's behind this =)

lol.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Feb 3,2012 9:52am

toggletoggle post by eyeroller at Feb 3,2012 10:54am
I've always gotten the impression that this is folk music for sensitive guys who like swasticas and dicks.

toggletoggle post by Fascist Music Fan at Feb 3,2012 11:08am
Actually it's for sensitive and pretentious men who can also spell the word Swastika correctly. ::raises wine glass::

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 3,2012 11:09am
that is not wrong.

toggletoggle post by Ancient_Master  at Feb 3,2012 12:02pm
forgot about Werkraum

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Ancient_Master  at Feb 3,2012 12:03pm

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 3,2012 12:32pm
eyeroller said[orig][quote]
I've always gotten the impression that this is folk music for sensitive guys who like swasticas and dicks.

Fascist%20Music%20Fan said[orig][quote]
Actually it's for sensitive and pretentious men who can also spell the word Swastika correctly. ::raises wine glass::

arktouros said[orig][quote]
that is not wrong.

If dicks and swastikas are wrong, I don't want to be right.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 3,2012 12:33pm
ITT: Behind the Cock-ed Cross

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2012 12:41pm

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 3,2012 3:48pm
I used to get all up in arms if I found out musicians were nazis. Now in my old age I get almost skeptical about certain types of music that isn't done by nazis.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Feb 3,2012 8:23pm
haha, awesome. Gotta say, I keep coming back to this thread to listen to several of these songs.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2012 9:02pm
I have a very very very very sensitive penis.

toggletoggle post by frankovhell at Feb 4,2012 4:10am
Ark, what is this term "boilerplate" that you speak of?

toggletoggle post by frankovhell at Feb 4,2012 4:18am
Also I love older Wand and Moon, newer stuff is good but he seems to kind of have lost the magic of his early releases like Lucifer. Werkraum and Allerseelen is great. Forgot about them too. I haven't been listening to this stuff in a long time. I should dig out my old cd's. remembering a lot more now.

Current 93 is one of the major band of this genre that I could never ever get into. There was 1 song i did kind of like but i forget which one and hes got a billion albums so good luck finding that anyways. I can get kind of bored of this music unless its really exceptional stuff like some of the bands posted here. (some not so much, i hate Current 93)

toggletoggle post by frankovhell at Feb 4,2012 4:20am
Ancient_Master said[orig][quote]
anyone here into the acoustic October Falls albums?

bennyhillifier

yeah this is their best album. this and Vali' remind me of early Ulver albums. great mood music when you are inside on a winter day or something.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 4,2012 9:10am
frankovhell said[orig][quote]
Ark, what is this term "boilerplate" that you speak of?

I just mean subdued guitars, whispers and spoken, muted martial beats and samples, standard fare for the genre. like death in June. Rome brings it to the table as well as anybody.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 4,2012 11:02am
frankovhell said[orig][quote]
Also I love older Wand and Moon, newer stuff is good but he seems to kind of have lost the magic of his early releases like Lucifer. Werkraum and Allerseelen is great. Forgot about them too. I haven't been listening to this stuff in a long time. I should dig out my old cd's. remembering a lot more now.

Current 93 is one of the major band of this genre that I could never ever get into. There was 1 song i did kind of like but i forget which one and hes got a billion albums so good luck finding that anyways. I can get kind of bored of this music unless its really exceptional stuff like some of the bands posted here. (some not so much, i hate Current 93)

Current 93 is definitely an acquired taste - if you're not really into his "breathless crazy man" delivery, it's gonna grate on ya.

toggletoggle post by Unclepauly at Feb 4,2012 12:22pm
I would not call this neo folk but it is similiar and better than neo folk in my opinion...

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Feb 4,2012 3:58pm
I'm not into anything after Elizium but Fields are one of my all time favorites along with Sisters of Mercy.

toggletoggle post by Unclepauly at Feb 4,2012 4:15pm
Yeah, I hear you there. I boght the album "Fallen" and I just could not get into it like the earlier stuff. FOTN UBER ALLES... It's a shame they never play round here.

toggletoggle post by Unclepauly at Feb 4,2012 4:15pm
bought

toggletoggle post by frankovhell at Feb 4,2012 4:53pm
Fields is better than any band mentioned in this thread OBVIOUSLY.
Sisters became pretty gay after Floodlands.

toggletoggle post by barbelo at Feb 4,2012 6:04pm
Current 93's catalogue is pretty spotty since DT is ridiculously prolific, but the "Thunder Perfect Mind" LP is ridiculously good.

Surprised no one's mentioned Der Blutharsch yet. Also a lot of hit-and-miss material, but "The Philosopher's Stone" and "Time is thee Enemy" are both great.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Feb 4,2012 6:21pm
I was going to post a Der Blutharsch video here the other day but I couldn't find one with good quality.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Feb 4,2012 6:27pm
Also, I can sort of agree about SoM after Floodland; Vision Thing is my least favorite out of their entire catalog. The early 12" ep's and First and Last and Always are ridiculously good, especially considering that none of the members really knew how to play their instruments at the start of their career.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 5,2012 1:50pm
blasphemy since some girls wonder is probably my favorite.

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at Mar 6,2012 2:29pm
goddamm coil rules.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at Mar 6,2012 2:30pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
I have a very very very very sensitive penis.
itt: pepelis' pepee, AGAIN

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][7:14:14pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.04054 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]