New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Christopher Hitchens dead at 62 by arkquimanthorn on Dec 16,2011 9:46am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arkquimanthorn at Dec 16,2011 9:46am

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 16,2011 9:49am
Sucks. Also, the internet will be censored today.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 16,2011 10:17am
I thought this was about michael hutchence.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 16,2011 10:21am
He died of an infection to the knee.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 16,2011 10:43am
oh man, i drew a total blank on his name when i saw it this morning. one of the few free-thinkers that i enjoyed listening to. once James Randi dies, we are fresh out of them.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 16,2011 10:45am
"redemption and supernatural deliverance appears even more hollow and artificial to me than it did before."

"I always knew there was a risk in the bohemian lifestyle... I decided to take it because it helped my concentration, it stopped me being bored — it stopped other people being boring. It would make me want to prolong the conversation and enhance the moment. If you ask: would I do it again? I would probably say yes. But I would have quit earlier hoping to get away with the whole thing. I decided all of life is a wager and I'm going to wager on this bit... In a strange way I don't regret it. It's just impossible for me to picture life without wine, and other things, fueling the company, keeping me reading, energising me. It worked for me. It really did."

toggletoggle post by Fake Ark at Dec 16,2011 12:11pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Sucks. Also, the internet will be censored today.

huh.
The writer he was most identified with, though, was George Orwell, the British essayist and author of “1984.” His bracing moral courage and brisk prose were among Mr. Hitchens’s ideal models.

In his 2002 book “Why Orwell Matters,” Mr. Hitchens sought to rescue Orwell from “sickly veneration and sentimental overpraise” and noted that the most important thing to be learned from Orwell was that “it matters not what you think, but how you think.”

toggletoggle post by Fake Ark at Dec 16,2011 12:22pm

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 16,2011 12:34pm
Christopher Hitchens was one of a kind. People with his level of intelligence and ability to articulate the refreshing common sense that this world needs are an extreme rarity.

toggletoggle post by arktourOs at Dec 16,2011 12:38pm

toggletoggle post by burnsy at Dec 16,2011 12:52pm
arktourOs said[orig][quote]

bennyhillifier

Hahaha fucking anchor reminds me of Bill O'Reilly so much. What an idiot.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Rotting Transylvanian Spit
[default homepage] [print][2:40:13am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01290 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]