New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Feb 1st in Framingham by the_reverend on Feb 2,2003 2:22am
Add To All Your Pages!
Feb 1, 2003 Civic League (Framingham, MA)
ascendancy - 2003-02-01
Ascendancy(58)
flash animated slider show
dysentery - 2003-02-01
Dysentery(32)
in_dire_need - 2003-02-01
In Dire Need(56)
leukorrhea - 2003-02-01
Leukorrhea(45)
life_at_zero - 2003-02-01
Life At Zero(35)
the_accursed - 2003-02-01
The Accursed(59)
upon_crimson_wings - 2003-02-01
Upon Crimson Wings(56)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 2,2003 2:22am
just back.
Almost died in the snow.
check back in 30 for the pictures.

toggletoggle post by XJOSHX at Feb 2,2003 2:29am
Yeah the snow sucked. Took me almost two hours for a 1 hour ride.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 2,2003 2:37am
almost died on the way to newburyport with rev. and then almost died again on my way home to berwick. i made it. tired.

toggletoggle post by Terence at Feb 2,2003 3:11am
ya the snow did freaking suck, but I really appreciated you guys coming on down and checking things out and taking pics. Hope to see you guys at another show.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 2,2003 3:14am
http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2003-02-01&did=785

the pictures are uploading now.
give it a few more minutes.
for some reason it's soooo slooooooow uploading.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 2,2003 3:17am

toggletoggle post by Harkins at Feb 2,2003 12:33pm
Somebody Fix My ass!!!! and to ogre that that chick to go to bitter end fest, hint hint....

toggletoggle post by Harkins at Feb 2,2003 12:34pm
*get that chick to go to bitter end fest...

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 2,2003 10:38pm edited Feb 2,2003 10:38pm
dysentery: pretty good, opened with 'baby killer'. Unfortunatly the rest of their set sounded just like it.

upon crimson wings: damn, the singer was hitting himself in the head with his mic! brootal.

the accursed: pretty good band, the drummer looks like he knows what he's doing. these guys did the trendy cover of raining blood, but did bring back my interest when they came out with a cover of carcass's 'heartwork'. I do think they should have stopped right after that, but they played for like 8 more hours and lost my interest again. Oh, and when you do the inflames / arch enemy guitar duet thing where you stand in a line, make sure its something really cool to watch. Don't do it when your just playing a couple power chords.

life at zero: representing nh, they have some pretty sick riffs. was hard to hear them because the sound was muddy. the drumming is where they lack id say.

leukorrhea: um, these guys were pretty good I guess. Drummer was average.

in dire need: rocked out. lots of presence, diverse vocals. and sean's bass strap falling off.

Ascendency: brutal stuff, a lot of gay people left before these guys played. sick guitarring by terrence who also does vocals at the same time. the other guitar player was still playing even with a broken ankle. A girl bass player, who seemed better than a lot of bass players. She didn't move much though. For music like this, Id like to see more head thrashing.

SO HERE ARE MY PICS OF THE SHOW:

http://www.watchtomhumponline.com/2003/february/01/index.html

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2003 12:11am
wtf is wrong with this fucking site! I've been messing with that all day.. damn it.

anyhow, my turn:

dysentery was awsome. Very devourment. Seems to me that they should be puking blood and dead babies while playing. My only negative comment about the music was that the second and third song after the cover sound exactly alike, same bass, drum, and guitar. Though I can't wait to play a track on the air tomorrow.

ucw as always fun to see. Black metal influenced. Pretty cool guitar work and singing. I think the bass player needs to jump around at least once during each set. I'm proposing a formula, $$ the band would make / 6 * #of bass swings.

the accursed, now if I don't know what town these guys where from, I would have guessed so easily. Same town as beyond the embrace. They do the same guitar antics as bte. I definitly liked a lot of parts of their music. They were the first band I've seen that the singer isn't the front man/moving around the most. Give them all wireless guitars and let them run around in a line. I have excepted the one that looked like Oscar from bte to run up to the balcony and play.

life at zero are always great death metal. Chris's drumming was the loudest ever. I think the issues was only 3 people in the crowd seemed to care that they were playing. raped, beaten and partially eaten.

leukorrhea is the only local band that I heard out about in a magazine from another country! Their live profomances are really that impressive. They don't really move around that much of anything, but their music is really amzing an brutal. Instead of a DM band from cape cod on a foriegn label, then sound more like a DM band from La.. on a forien label. Wait, wasn't the last show (oct 12) the last show before nate got married?

in dire need get more and more chaotic each time I see them. Joes vocals are getting lower, less high pitch screams.. though it could have been lost in the acustics of the place.

ascendency amazed me, just back from an 8 hour tour to vermont. they were a mixture of the fast, furious, not stopping hate eternal with some melodic guitar work. I was very impressed. The drummer had a huge set up. AND right before they went on, I commented to someone that all the singers just sang.. and that the art of playing guitar/bass while singing was officially dead.. but then ascendency came on and rocked out the old school metal madness! These guys are going to riiiiipppp the ass out of bitter ends fest.

rusted angel posted the question, why are there no girl guitar plays that rip? or amazing drummers. (excluding the wage of sin of course)
I don't know the answer, anyone?

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at Feb 3,2003 10:31am
michaelangelo is a parrty dude! teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles. heroes on the half shell, maggot power!!!

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 3,2003 11:04am
yeah that show was fun for Dysentery and stuff. its about time we played a show without some super generic hardcore band or some band that completely SUCKS... im glad that you guys even remotely liked our stuff. expect a lot more riffing coming up in the future as our guitarist matures and picks up better song writing feel (he is 14 for christ sakes!) and our drummer's double bass gets faster every damn day (he is also young as fuck, a whole 15 years old) so be prepared for the future and thanks for all the nice feedback

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2003 11:55am
well, listen tonight
or tomorrow on the archive.
I'll play a track of the Full CD I got.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 3,2003 2:43pm
i planned on it

toggletoggle post by DeathMetalPriestess   at Feb 3,2003 3:11pm edited Feb 3,2003 3:19pm
Ok now its my turn! The Accursed played so long because no one told them otherwise, generally they headline and are used to playing their full sets for people that appreciate real metal instead of douchebags with huge gaping holes in their ears and greasy hair sticking out of sideways hats. (gay) Their "trendy" cover of Reign in Blood is there for the TRENDY "we think were hardcore but were really just emo" insects that swarm the scene these days. Why? Because they like to please the crowd. As for the guitar line/power chord comment, forgive them if they like to be campy and have fun. Both of those guitarists are fucking phenomenal talents. The sound in that place was revolting so I dont expect those who have never heard The Accursed to be able to tell. The guys practice in the same room as Beyond The Embrace, and theyre all good friends, and similar people. Hence similar onstage antics, however they sound absolutly nothing like BTE. I hate the scene around here, if your band doesnt produce a wall of noise and your vocalist doesnt go EEEEE EEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE nobody likes you. Its nauseating. UCW and Ascendancy are both brutal and I heard no one even stayed for Ascendancy! All those kids should hurry up and get the hiv before they further infest the world.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2003 3:16pm
says the girl that didn't stay for ascendency and was too late to see upon crimson wings.
That show was definitely under-attended.
I hope bitter ends fest draws 20X more people.
Wonder if they are planning to use the stage.

toggletoggle post by DeathMetalPriestess   at Feb 3,2003 3:23pm
Listen Aaron, you bastard! hehe It wasnt my fault I was late and The Accursed kinda needed the drums in my car for their other show, I was pissed I had to leave! And I hope they use the stage, the acoustics might be better that way.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Feb 3,2003 4:52pm
I hope they use the stage, I want to get dizzy and drop my crippled ass off it, fall 12 feet [that is the highest fucking stage I've ever seen] and break the rest of my body. I want to get so mangled that the doctors will have to amputate my whole body. I've already got a metal plate and 6 or 7 bolts in my ankle, I want the rest of my body to be the same by the end of the year. My goal: to become literally more metal than anyone anywhere ever. W0r|).

Ok back to reality. I do want to thank everyone who had the balls to stay for us, we're just going to keep getting better too. I hope everyone liked what they heard. A special thanks goes out to the Rev and Tom for coming down and creating the blinding flashes that continuously roused me from the constant discomfort-induced daze I was in for the entire set, hehe.

And I have an idea. Several people have touched upon these points over the few threads I've read through today. Lets give up on the bashing everyone else's band thing, lets have a little maturity mixed in with our fun. Instead of bitching about all the little crap you didn't like, lets put that energy into actually supporting the scene rather than just talking about it. I know this doesn't apply to everyone, I know some already feel how I do, and I'm sure someone will think I'm preaching or some bullshit like that. Well whatever, think what you want.

I'm still typing because I don't post often so I post lengthly. I'm pretty new to the "scene". I don't know many of the people I see at all these shows and I don't know much about any of these bands, but when I'm at a live event, no matter how big or small the band is, I'm there, I'm not going anywhere, so I'll sit with an open ear and allow myself to be entertained even if the style isn't my favorite. I'm not affraid to say I don't really like some of the music some of the bands I've played with play. Its inevitable, no one really likes everything, if you say you do you're full of shit somewhere in your thought process.

I think the painkillers my surgeon perscribed me are making me a little fluffy in the head, as I've completely forgotten the last couple little things I was going to mention, so I'll end with this: no matter how crappy things may seem around here at times, no matter how much shit get talked, no matter how much mud get flung... I love this scene. I love it for one reason and one reason only: its the scene I'm in. This is where I and the rest of my band have to build ourselves up from, and we're going to make the best of it regardless of whatever goes on around us.

Again I'd like to thank everyone who's shown interest in us and supported our efforts. Hopefully the world will spread and even more people will come to our shows, hang out, shoot the shit, whatever. No one in metal is too big for anyone else, and if I'm ever lucky enough to make it big time I'll still be down in the crowd with all my peers whenever I'm not on the stage. Hopefully I havn't bored anyone to death, and if you made it this far thanks for reading.

xIPutXsAroundMyNamex aka Michael of Ascendancy [the one-legged metal warrior]

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at Feb 3,2003 6:13pm
Hell Yeah to that mike! we want the metal scene to rise, and be as strong as it can be. not to sound too hardcore, but it should be all about unity in the scene, thats the only way it can progress. theres way too much scene bullshit sometimes, that it causes fights between bands, and people. it makes us forget the reasons we started a band, or picked up a guitar, or started singing. i myself want there to be a huge metal revolution around here, with a group of bands that form a community. and play as many shows as we can get. ok, so whos with me huh?

-Dave Maggot- Upon Crimson Wings

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 3,2003 6:25pm
i dont know guys... i happen to like all this immature crap that goes on between bands. i also like seeing the scene die, because its cool that way...

anyways... ya... scene bullshit is gay. i want to get as many shows as possible going. its also good for all the bands to play a bunch of shows because its more experience and whatnot.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 3,2003 6:51pm
"it's all about unity" haha thanks for the quote Dave Ta Life.

I did the whole lets build a metal scene for a while, and this is what i came up with: metal kids aren't worth it. They complain all the time about there not being any shows....so you've got a motivated individual like Terrence who takes good amounts of his time and money to put on an all metal show and look what happens......all those dildos who spend 365 days a year yakking about "WE NEED MORE METAL SHOWS, KEEP THA SCENE ALIIIIIVE" didn't bother to show up. They've all got their own stupid excuses as to why tey didn't go, but the bottom line is, if half the metal kids were about half as much as they said, then that show should have had alot more kids.

they whine about no shows, and yet they don't make the effort to set up any. then when you do setup a show, they gay their way out of it. My conclusion is, if their precious nonexistent metal scene is so much to their dissatisfaction then they've got no one to blame but themselves. If they'd rather drink coors light listen to pantera and make out with eachtother then actually go and support somethign that they said they're about then fuck em. Not worth it.

as for the trendy raining blood cover, i dunno if you've noticed this or not but everybody and their grandmother has covered Raining Blood. Shit, fucking Rebound used to cover Raining Blood. It's one of my favorite songs of all time, and i love hearing it every time, but you gotta recognize the fact that it's been done a billion times.

and i don't want to hear a goddamn thing about "hardcore kids" ruining anything. A good chunk of the kids that actually showed up to support that show were what you'd call """"hardcore kids"""""". They paid their $8, and had fun. Unlike the other metal dweebs of this area who either didn't show up, or held up the wall the whole show. And who stayed till the end???? Me, UCW, and In Dire Need. Where was the "metal scene" then. It was out the fucking door on their way back to their depressing lives, just like everything the "metal scene" has ever tried to convince itself it was about.

I'll believe in something that believes in itself, and believes in me. Fuck hypocrites, and fuck lazy inappreciative POSER metal gaywads. Excuses are for fags. Im not naming any names, so if you feel this is directed at you, then that means it probably is.

eat a bag of aids.
XmikeX

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 3,2003 6:57pm edited Feb 3,2003 6:57pm
I am really glad I stayed till the end. Ascendency fucking killed. Everyone who left after IDN missed out in my opinion.

Move up to ME so I can be your 3rd guitar player

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 3,2003 7:13pm
i would have stayed but my only way home left after leukorrhea. hell, i enjoy in dire need and ascendancy. while my group of friends were talking about how they werent into them (ascendancy) i was the only one that actually digs them. i honestly think Ascendancy crushes... but ya, once i get my license it will be show central for me

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Feb 3,2003 7:29pm edited Feb 4,2003 8:05am
dave
i have been saying that for a few years now it's the reason i started my MASSACHUSETTS METAL shows page in the first place, a page dedicated to metal shows in this state.

the one thing i find tho is that not many bands want to help each other out and in some cases i suppose i'm as guilty of that as anyone else however i do try to get out to as many shows as possible and i'm always checking other bands links sections for new local talent to keep an eye on.

i wanna give mad props to terence from ascendany for setting up his framingham shows he's one determend(sorry about the spelling) mofo, him and his band set up some pretty cool shows (i regret not getting to stay the other nite to see them but i did buy their cd) and i have to commend him and his band on that!!
i'm actually making an attempt at doing this at jarrod's in attleboro and providing it goes well i may try to do more in the future.

but you are right in saying that if the metal bands don't unite(even a little) and work on building a stronger metal scene together it with stay as it is(altho it has gotten better in the last few years it still could use a little work) i know there are some amazing local metal bands out there in this state, as i saw for the first time sat dysentary, the accursed and your band upon crimson wings and was very impressed with all the new bands that i had saw and also with the ones i have already experienced before.

toggletoggle post by DeathMetalPriestess   at Feb 3,2003 8:56pm
Metal will never unite completely, unfortunatly a lot of people just suck at life and cant look past their own CD collection. However the ones that want to join forces and take this scene to the strength it should have, will! It's already happening and as long as some do, we dont need the others. Trust me, myself and The Accursed felt like jerks for leaving early (and being late and missing the ever awesome UCW!), I really wanted to see Ascendancy as I also think they kill, but unfortunatly the guys were double booked that night and their drums were in my car. Nothing I could do, but at Bitter End, hellfire wont stop me from seeing them! Thanks to those who gave props to The Accursed, and for those who bashed, eat a dick.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 3,2003 9:32pm
haha if there's one guy who does NOT need to appologize for not supporting metal enough it's Jim Ash. \m/

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2003 9:45pm
I would have to agree with xmikex, jim does good work and has been backing the "scene" forever.
It's totally awsome that his bands CD is finally done.
brutal shit.

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Feb 4,2003 8:04am
thanks for the kind words guys, but i do really wish i could support the scene more and find more ways to build it up and make it stronger however any metal bands that want to be linked to my metal shows page send your links to me at dismalbio@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 4,2003 11:02am
try to help you, you talk shit about me

FUCKUNITY FUCKUNITY FUCKUNITY hey hey

think youre a rock star you're still a bitch me me

with friends like you who needs enemies

-GFY "Fuck Unity"

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Feb 4,2003 11:12am
EASY THERE MIKE HEHE

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 4,2003 11:30am
actually, one of the things I always find funny is people complaining about "posers" or "mallcore" kids or "nu-metal" kids.
But you know what, if a mall-ternative kid pays $5 for a show instead of spending it at hot topics that's $5 more for a show that I get to see.
This is assuming it's good.

The good thing about scenesters is that you get to use their parents $$$ to fund good shows. Maybe it's just me, but bands and people are only willing to loose money so many times before they don't put them on any more.

anyhow, if I knew how to answer the "scene" question, I'd probably be working in washington, but the fact of the matter is I don't. And I think anyone who's reading this does all they can to promote and support the "scene"... preaching to the faithful... it's all those other shits out there that need to get off their asses and get out, do something.
but people are inheritly lazy f's and it's much easier to sit at home bitching then go to a show.

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Feb 4,2003 12:41pm
i'll take these mall nu-metal brats $ fuck yea!! altho it really isn't about the money to me as it is about metal but hey every war needs funding and support

toggletoggle post by stab-master frank. at Feb 4,2003 12:58pm
i heard the word "unity"mentioned so i figured it was time for my opinion. most of the kids on this board have no clue what "unity" is about. (except for a few, who happen to be my friends)and thats the reason it will NEVER work. metal kids care more about being "scary" then supporting friends or bands... if that pisses you off, i dont give a fuck its the truth.. you can continue to talk about support and bringig the """""""scene""""" together... and another thing. haha, dont use the term "the scene" cuz you'll NEVER get it.. i hope EVERYONE dies.

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at Feb 4,2003 3:00pm
i take back my use of the word unity then, haha. i just wanna play shows and help out other bands, and what not. i shall never get preachy again.

toggletoggle post by Terence at Feb 4,2003 3:37pm
wow. I just wanted to play a show. hah. it was a good time, thats about all I can think of, hah. peace everyone.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 4,2003 4:16pm edited Feb 4,2003 4:17pm
frank don't act like you and your friends better than everyone just because your all about 'unity.' unity is not a private word just to you and your friends. everyone has their own friends and opinions.

here's a scenario I have seen with my own eyes at quite a few metal shows: a few hardcore kids show up who happen to like a metal band thats playing or maybe a hardcore band opening and they sit there and make fun of people who have long hair, or dance differently. is unity about going into another scene and making fun of it? if thats unity then call me suzy and stick some chapstick in my ass.

i support the metal scene whenever i get a chance and think it's something it would benefit from.

toggletoggle post by Terence at Feb 4,2003 5:39pm
is that the same frank that started shit at my last show, and ruined my fucking night? AND my show??

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 4,2003 8:06pm
frank didn't start that fight. he just ended it.

theres no such thing as unity. period.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 4,2003 8:26pm
shit.. mike, you serious?
then why are all these kids jumping for http://groups.msn.com/HardcoreUnity
and if there's no such thing as unity, then try to explain a comin' correct or hatebreed song.

toggletoggle post by Terence at Feb 4,2003 8:54pm
alright everyone else can argue about their crap im outta here. See everyone at Bitter End fest.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 4,2003 10:58pm
haha i love commin correct but if you've seen 25 Ta Life recently you'd know that even Rick Ta Life doesn't care about unity anymore hahaha. he's all depressed and angry now and he's all about violence.

i goto a show, see a bunch of kids i know, and i have a great time hanging out with them, and dancing on the same dance floor as them. if that's unity then great, im all about it. but the fact that someone is at the same show as me, possibly likes the same bands as me, or dresses like me certainly doesn't mean I have to or SHOULD percieve them as a good person just because of this. Assumptions based on appearances and assumed identities are a stupid idea in any context. In my own personal experience i've seen alot of this kids backstab, shittalk and generally sell eachother out just to further themselves. I don't need any of that. For those who are my friends, and have showed me they've got good values then i'll stick by them no matter what. if THATS what unity is supposed to mean, then thats what im about.

As far as metal kids are concerned all i've seen is shittalk, excuses, and drama for no reason. When things are shitty they talk about how shitty it is, blame it on a scapegoat, make excuses as to why they can't do anything about it, and nothing changes. then they throw in a pile of shit talk, mixed with some mediocre at best music and call it a scene. fuck that. they can keep it.

A couple years ago in my old band we thought it'd be a great idea to setup an all brutal metal show in Boston, as per the request of the "boston metal scene" who were always whining about there being no metal shows in Boston. So we go through all the trouble of booking the show. My guitarist Jamie went down to the middle east every week for months to beg and plead with the guy in charge to let us book a metal show upstairs. He called 2 or 3 times a week every week. Emailed him, and did a tireless campaign just to get metal into the middle east. So after ALL that effort what did we end up with:

Burial, our headliners, dick us around for weeks about playing the show, then after chasing them around they don't bother to show up. They don't call. They don't give any warning. All 3 of the cellphone numbers they provided us with were all wrong numbers or no one answered. They never bothered to contact us even after the fact to explain themselves. They epitomized the laziness, selfishness, and gayness of everything i've grown to hate about the "METAL SCENE".

Oh yeah, and as for all those people screaming for the "Boston Metal Scene" none of them showed up. The turnout proved to be decent as alot of kids came out to see Eternal Suffering and The Red Chord, but the majority of the crowd was what those of the metal dweeb scene would call "hardcore kids". If the metal kids don't want to support their own scene then fuck them. That's my point.

toggletoggle post by stab-master Frank at Feb 5,2003 1:45am
ok,,,, to DAVE- that post wasnt directly meant towards you, we've always been cool (this is john's friend frank) to tom- i wasnt trying to make my friends seem better than anyone else, i was just trying to say ((most people dont care enough to make things work)) and to Terence- i DID NOT start that fight,(but i DID apologize to you) that was in the past let it be..... theres my 89 cents.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Feb 5,2003 6:18pm
It's a pity that the show wasn't well attented..it aslo would have sound better, the sound is defenitely going all over the place...I hope Bitter End Fest will kick ass, bring flyers at the 2 next big shows and that would do (Napalm Death - Nile and Incantation-Pungent Stench). I think we can make this scene stronger if everybody gives some time/help/brain. I can feel it getting stronger in the Providence area already, I don't think I'm imaginating it...well hope not.

toggletoggle post by mark fucking richards at Feb 5,2003 6:43pm
yeah the sound in civic league isn't exactly awesome, but at the fest i'll have a nice PA so hopefully it'll even out a little bit. plus, the more people the better the sound gets.

i'll be bringing at least 100 flyers to nile/napalm death.

everyone do what they can, i need as many people to go the fest as possible!!!

flyer and info available at www.bitterend.cjb.net

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Feb 5,2003 6:47pm
the sound bounces due to the lack of bodys to insolate it. either we all need to get FATTER(i'm doing good in this dept)or do the tell a friend shit you know you get an e mail promoting a show and you forward it to other people and then they forward it to some one and so on and so on and so on(damn someone outta make a commercal like that i bet that'd be pretty catchy hahaha)

again bands send me you GOD DAM show dates and i'll put em on my page http://massachusettsmetalshows.cjb.net

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 5,2003 8:01pm
i used to make a couple hundred flyers for every show we played. i'd shell out my own money for them, goto shows, hand them out and then fnid them on the ground 5 minutes later. and thats just from the kids that would even take the flyers. kids who i knew were in other metal bands, and who were always pushing their flyers on me wouldn't take flyers. or kids would take flyers and then complain about how far away the show was or that they didn't want to pay a whole $5 to see a show. some kids started working on their excuses for why they didn't show up before they even got done reading the flyer.

then there's my favorite. You give a kid a flyer. He has it in his hand. He reads it and then proceeds to ask you:
What's this?
Oh a show, who's playing>?
Where is it?
How much?
Really?
and a number of other questions that could have all been answered if he had just paid attention when he tried to read those funny letter looking things on the paper with all the "information"

then they top the conversation off with "well i'll go if i can remember". yea thanks dick, thats why i gave you the flyer in the first place. Thats why it's written down on paper instead of me yelling through a paper cup on the street corner. so there i am having just wasted 5 minutes of my life, and a flyer on a kid who's not gonna show up. thanks.

haha flyers suck.

toggletoggle post by Gordon Cole at Feb 6,2003 12:28am
There's a metal scene in Massachusetts? Could have fooled me. Only good bands to really come out of Mass ever were Infestation, Virulence (the ep), Perpetual Doom, ES, and Disrupt. Other than that who from Mass plays a quality music worth the time? Massachusetts is dominated by hxc bands, sorry heard one, and you've basically heard them all. I'd give the best boston hxc award to Diecast for Undo The Wicked. It's no surprise why Diecast killed at one point, they had tons of metal influence. The HxC scene seems plagued by "If you don't agree with us, we're going to get you with our crew" nonsense. I don't see why they have to have these tough guy contests like its impressing anyone. Kids want to dance at shows, thats cool, i'm not too sure what pleasure you get from crashing into other guys. Whatever floats your boat though. Also you get "metal kids" with shitty attitudes, but I mean really, those same kids probably got into metal like 2 years ago. Those same kids eat the shit that century media, and NB force feed them. Anyone else feel this whole metal vs hxc war is pretty pointless? Like what you like.

toggletoggle post by armageddonday   at Feb 6,2003 7:51pm
I think flyers are great, but you have to design them so the kids want to put them on the wall..and not in the trash. Seriously that helps!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 6,2003 8:40pm
i made ill flyers. kids are just gay.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][6:10:54pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.05029 secs/21 queries]
[search][refresh page]