New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> My Mom is Better Than your Mom and Your Dad Too by joostin on Feb 2,2003 12:21am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by joostin at Feb 2,2003 12:21am
What's everyone's views on Mr. Patton? And what would you say is your favorite out of his choice of bands?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 2,2003 1:38am edited Feb 2,2003 1:40am
Gotta love the man...and everything he does (as I said on one of my guest appearances on the Rev's rttp radio show.)

here's a pic i took of him in his doo rag and cop uniform from the Tomahawk (Tool) show..sorry about the bad scan:

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 2,2003 2:40am
I like his work in Faith No More, and the first two Mr. Bungle Album. Everything else he's done doesn't really appeal to me.

toggletoggle post by Gordon Cole at Feb 2,2003 3:58am
Patton is overrated in my opinion. Nothing more than a Zorn poseur. Just listen to Naked City, or Painkiller instead.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Feb 2,2003 6:42pm
i wouldn't say he's a zorn poseur, he's just come up with some good original music for his time. Some of his music gets kind of predictable from band to band and might sound the same, but Mr. Bungle definetely was a trend starter. That's a great picture above.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 2,2003 6:51pm
um.. patton's done TONS of things with Zorn so he's more of a peer, not a poseur

Zorn gets boring a lot too.. some times it's just like "wow, there he is blowing the highest not he can for 20 minutes".
Painkiller/Naked City is fucking awesome. They just issued a new live cd on zadik. it's pretty killer.
I've been all about duras duchamp lately, but that's totally different.
Painkiller sports mick harris (before he ran off to be a dub/powernoise artist, scorn), bill laswell, zorn, and Yamataka (or yamatska eye or whatever he's calling him self this day, bordoms fame)

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187 at Feb 2,2003 11:51pm
Patton rules. FNM, Bungle, Fantomas, and Tomahawk are all great. Painkiller kicks ass as well. Don't forget J Broadrick, and Green from Godflesh were guest musicians. I miss Godflesh.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 3,2003 12:02am
I don't.. their cd last year sucked..
and I loved their old stuff.
I even have a HUGE poster on my wall from the selfless tour.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187 at Feb 3,2003 12:38am
I think that album ruled man. Definately not a "Streetcleaner" but still, it's Godflesh. I like everything they ever did.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Feb 3,2003 12:52am
not a big fan of tomahawk, but how's Painkiller?

toggletoggle post by DeathMetalPriestess   at Feb 3,2003 9:02pm
Im a big fan of Patton, hes an insane genious

toggletoggle post by Gordon Cole at Feb 6,2003 12:04am
Zorn was fusing multiple styles together long before Bungle was trying any of that avantgarde style. They started out almost as a joke thrash band. "Fart in a bag"? C'mon. It's evident that Zorns fingerprints are all over Bungles s/t, and thats probably the reason it's halfway listenable. Patton has decent range, but he's done nothing Zorn hasn't done already (and better). Mr. "im so overlooked, and under appreciated". He bores.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 6,2003 12:26am
i saw mr. bungle once. it was the worst thing i've ever seen/heard. i don't like to throw the word gay around alot, but it was the gayest gay thats ever gayed. .....GAY.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187 at Feb 6,2003 3:42am
Since when does Zorn sing? hmmmmmm. Mr Bungle was a death metal band when they first started with a few weird influences. I have the demo "The Raging Wrath Of The Easter Bunny". Total Possessed worship except for "evil satan 666". Funny? Yes of course but it is still serious. The guy is talented as hell, anyone that argues that is just wrong.

xmikex, why did you see Mr. Bungle if you think they suck so bad? Were you there to support the Snocore bands or something?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 6,2003 8:30am
patton definitely is a genius (the guy knows how many languages?)
same with zorn. I've followed them both for a long time.

I must say though.. zorn's been turning out some very similar crap lately. It's so similar. Thankfully, he sometimes turns of masada cds or does something like durass duchamp to break the monotony of high pitch squeels. I have yet to see him live, but I get you can toss the dice to see what you get. Some times it him blowing the highest note possible, other times straight up "contemporary" jazz, sonic left, noise, out jazz, ambient noise, soundscapes, and then you go again and it's him squeeling on his sax.. and patton is jumping up and down on a bag of chips with a mic in it. how cool is that!

toggletoggle post by Ho Lovah at Sep 16,2015 2:55pm
8===========D

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Embossed Celtic Necrospires
[default homepage] [print][8:14:19am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01269 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]