New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> VALLENFYRE's new album, A Fragile King, streams by the_reverend on Oct 25,2011 3:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 25,2011 3:23pm
In a couple of days, VALLENFYRE's new album, A Fragile King , will be released through Century Media Records worldwide! The exact release dates of the album are below:

UK / BENELUX / FRANCE / GREECE / DENMARK / PORTUGAL / REST OF EUROPE: Monday, October 31, 2011
NORTH AMERICA: Tuesday, November 1, 2011
SPAIN / ITALY: Tuesday, November 1, 2011
SWEDEN / FINLAND / HUNGARY: Wednesday, November 2, 2011
AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND: Friday, November 4, 2011

In anticipation of the album's release, the band is now giving fans the chance to preview A Fragile King in its entirety at Hails and Horns.com! To hear VALLENFYRE's doomy, death metal debut, click the link below for the exclusive album stream and track-by-track commentary by lead vocalist/guitarist Gregor Mackintosh:

http://www.hailsandhorns.com/featured/feat...album-a-fragile-king-by-vallenfyre/

Reviews for A Fragile King are already rolling in! Be sure to pick up your copy in stores and online starting next week.

"A Fragile King is a beast of a record that is emblazoned with some of the best death, doom and crust punk you'll hear this year." -- Terrorizer, UK

"VALLENFYRE's debut album blends Mackintosh's early influences--a bit of CELTIC FROST, bloody stumps of AUTOPSY, NIHILIST's frosty heaviness, the dissonance of AMEBIX, DISCHARGE's no-frills drive, a sustained riff or two from CANDLEMASS, TROUBLE's doomed tendencies--into a sonic force that bites deep and hard." -- Decibel Magazine, US

"A Fragile King is as dark as it comes without being bleak: screaming against grief, never succumbing to hopelessness, always fighting. VALLENFYRE have created a compelling and moving album with an immense, towering sound. It is as powerful as it is cathartic." - About.com, US

VALLENFYRE is the brainchild of Gregor Mackintosh (songwriter and guitarist of PARADISE LOST), along with members from MY DYING BRIDE, AT THE GATES, and DOOM. VALLENFYRE is not a one-off project--they will continue as a band that will also play live in 2012. The full line-up is:

Gregor Mackintosh (PARADISE LOST) - vocals and lead guitar
Hamish Glencross (MY DYING BRIDE) - rhythm and lead guitar
Mully - rhythm guitar
Scoot (DOOM, EXTINCTION OF MANKIND) - bass
Adrian Erlandsson (AT THE GATES, PARADISE LOST) - drums

VALLENFYRE online:
http://www.vallenfyre.com
http://www.facebook.com/Vallenfyre
Informational and Related Links
Labels: Century Media Records

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 25,2011 3:29pm
VALLENFYRESCREAMS

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 25,2011 3:51pm
i was thinking to myself how the hell these startup debut bands get so much hype, then i saw the members, and clicked the button. it sounds like a combination of all those bands. cool story

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][12:44:12pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.00826 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]