New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Alternative Press issue #192 by the_reverend on Jun 4,2004 1:18pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2004 1:18pm
looks like they things rttp is just a place to steal photos from...
last page:

page 36

if someone hadn't giving me the heads up on this I wouldn't have seen it. how many other times you think this has happend?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2004 1:18pm
ps: they took the rttp banner off too...

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 4,2004 1:19pm
this pisses me off i say sue

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 4,2004 1:21pm
um, aaron i hope you do something about this. seriously don't just sit back and suck it up.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2004 1:26pm
I just found the photo editor's e-mail address.
last thursday, they needed a photo of zao.. which I sent and that was the first contact with ap that I've had.

toggletoggle post by Otto/Wormdr1v3  at Jun 4,2004 1:30pm
this is bullshit. Especially for a "credible" magazine that should eb able to get their own pics no problem. If it's not irresponsible journalism then it's stealing some else's material. They probably thought they'd have to pay you (which they should) for those photos.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 4,2004 1:38pm
this is what i have been telling him

i am really upset

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 4,2004 1:39pm
also, rev find out that assholes e-mail address from circus mag who was at metalfest and was being a prick to us.

i'd like to curbstomp that motherfucker.

toggletoggle post by Otto/Wormdr1v3  at Jun 4,2004 1:43pm
why does a big, proffesional publication need to resort to tactics like this? REV, You should post the email address for the editor and let all of us email him our thoughts on this.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2004 1:46pm
I'm going to e-mail altpress about this.. I'll post the e-mail here after I send it.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 4,2004 1:48pm
ok rusted angel....i'm gonna post photos of him..and did aaron told you what the guy said and did to me?

and otto, no...people should not start harassing them...aaron is going to email them to clear things up and give them a chance first.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Jun 4,2004 1:49pm
RustedAngel said:
um, aaron i hope you do something about this. seriously don't just sit back and suck it up.

ya rev i couldn't agree with RA more, ever since i've joined you're website this has happened like what? 4 or 5 times? i think it's time you start you start breaking heads, it's ok to be pissed you're not being a dick, it's your work

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2004 1:50pm
I'm not going to post their e-mails... I'm not going to stoop low cause someone else did something wrong like this.

the bsi is 2.5"x2.5", the mpb is a head shot 1.5"x1.5".

here is my e-mail:
I curious why photos that I've taken are in issue #192 of AP.
last page:
http://www.returntothepit.com/media.php?id...2004&pic=most_precious_blood025.jpg
page 36
http://www.returntothepit.com/media.php?id...v052003&pic=backstabbers_inc080.jpg

These were placed in your current issue without my knowledge. They were also taken off my site, the RTTP tag was removed and there is no mention anywhere of a photo credit. And then I actually had to buy the issue myself.

The only reason I knew about these and went to look them up in your magazine is because someone else brought it to my attention. I'm curious how many other times your magazine has used my pictures without my knowledge since I'm too busy working a 40+ hr job to fund the expenses of shooting 2-7 shows a week and don't have the time to read most magazines. The only interaction I've had with your magazine was last week when I sent a ZAO picture (which I guess you didn’t use).
Awaiting your response,
rev aaron

I'm actually fairly mad about this... and it takes a lot to piss me off.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 4,2004 1:52pm
i'm ripshit and although the rev calls me "passionate"
right now...there is no posotive way to say it

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 4,2004 1:52pm
i think if in the end they are dicks....then....something else be done about it

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Jun 4,2004 1:59pm
you name it succubus and i'll do it
FOR THE GLORY OF RTTP!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2004 2:02pm
these pictures are just small ones... and it just helps the band so I wouldn't even care about credit if they would have just asked. if it were a larger picture, I would expect ap to pay me, but in general, it's not like I ask for money from people.

toggletoggle post by Otto/Wormdr1v3  at Jun 4,2004 2:03pm
Don't worry Succubus, I won't harass them or send any negative emails untill you've given me your blessing first. You're right, it could be just a screw up. But still, why do the little guys always get screwed? The AP isn't some college paper being stuck together at 11:30 at night so peopel can get to their classes the next morning. What ever happened to proffesionalism? This isn;t that much differnt than buying your Term paper off the internet and trying to pass it off as your own.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, however you guys want to proceed, I support and respects that, as does everybody else here I'm sure.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 4,2004 2:11pm
though they didn't pay for anything.

ra: I looked around for circus stuff... http://www.circusmagazine.com/
their web-presents is all aol.com.
low class to say the least.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 4,2004 2:30pm
that circus guy told me that my boyfriend was a prick...that is...before he knew we he my boyfriend..

he's on the right...you can barely see him...i'm trying to find better ones...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 5,2004 3:14am
I got a response... if you pull the magazine flat, you can barely read a photo credit on the BSI page.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jun 5,2004 3:32am
Doesn't change the fact that they should 1. ask and 2. send you a copy, especially if they're not paying for anything else. Whores.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 5,2004 11:37am
it's not their fault...

it's someone else...

i think aaron should be pissed at the someone else...also when they emailed aaron back they cc'ed the other person back and i CANNOT wait until they reply...if they even do..

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Forged Electric Procession
[default homepage] [print][3:34:09pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02575 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]