New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> So to every person who has insisted I need a cell phone in this day and age, I'll take a pass on the shit sandwich [article] by ShadowSD on Oct 16,2011 1:30pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Oct 16,2011 1:30pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science...mobile-phones-contains-e.-coli.html

"More than nine in ten mobile phones are coated with some kind of bacteria, including E.coli, which was responsible for a number of deaths in Germany in June, and Staphylococcus aureus, one strain of which is better known as MRSA... although 95 per cent of participants claimed to wash their hands with soap whenever they could, some 16 per cent of hands and phones contained E.coli, which is transmitted in faeces and causes gut complaints... once transported to a mobile phone the bacteria can survive well because the surfaces are hard to clean, are frequently warmed up when the device is used, and are occasionally sprayed with proteins when we speak into the receiver... from the phone surface the bacteria can be transported back to our hands even after washing"

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Oct 16,2011 1:35pm
Everything is covered in bacteria. Wash your hands before you eat and you're good to go.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 16,2011 1:42pm
I never wash my hands before I cellphone

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Oct 16,2011 1:42pm
Only talking/texting on the shitter is real.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 16,2011 1:43pm
pink eye

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Oct 16,2011 1:51pm
wow. a news article designed to scare and intimidate. old news. no care.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Oct 16,2011 2:03pm
Yeah, they tend to try and scare, usually about nothing (bird flu, what a fucking joke), but every once in a great while, something we thought was OK ends up causing problems we didn't anticipate, preservatives in food being one example. I'm just not more optimistic about the future than the past in humanity's ability to misjudge the side effects of its own creations.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Oct 16,2011 2:10pm
perservatives in food and other side effects will kill us, sure. but when the life expectancy used to be 30 and now people live into their 100's.....im totally over it. medical advances > side effects. things have to balance out in the end otherwise the world becomes too overpopulated which arguabely it already is. let them die. or catch e coli or whatever the fuck we are actually talking about.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][9:42:40am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02411 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]