New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Black Twilight Circle tonight live on WFMU (Thursday 10-6-11 at Midnight) by demondave on Oct 6,2011 9:38pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Oct 6,2011 9:38pm

"Black Twilight Circle
Friday, October 7th, Midnight - 3am
on Wm. Berger presents My Castle of Quiet

Without question, the most innovative black metal coming out of the U.S. today is created by the mysterious collective known as the Black Twilight Circle. Based in Southern California, the grouping of ~a dozen bands release their material for the most part, though not exclusively, on their own Crepusculo Negro records, representing a nearly self-sufficient creative organization. The many, talented bands in the BTC run the gamut from hardcore punk to more traditionally inspired bm, at the same time weaving in elements of psychedelia, Mayan folk music and lore, and new, expansive powers so fresh as to defy description (for example, how does one pin down with words the magnetic and mighty essence of a band like Arizmenda?) As part of their first-ever East Coast tour as a collective, the Black Twilight Circle visit WFMU's My Castle of Quiet, where each of five (or perhaps more?) bands will give a brief but salient representation of their material. Expect to hear short, surging sets by Kallathon, Arizmenda, Dolorvotre, Haunting Presence, and Volahn. "

It says Friday but it looks like that is just being technical since at midnight it rolls over to Friday. On Friday night the Black Twilight Circle are in Philly so this should be at midnight tonight since they are in New York. I'm looking forward to this.

http://wfmu.org/upcoming

http://wfmu.org/

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][8:09:18am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.00765 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]