Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Good venues? by i_am_not_me on Jun 3,2004 10:49pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Jun 3,2004 10:49pm
My band's looking to play some places (Nowhere more west than Worcester...preferably further east than that anyway...closer to Boston/Cambridge, I think is where they're aiming. I'd personally like to play more Worcester-ish, though...but it's all good) We're mostly looking for places that are relatively inexpensive to book, have actual stages (Hey, the Lexington VFW didn't...hahaha), and just generally don't suck ass ( ::coughs:: All Asia) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Jun 4,2004 4:53pm
Fine, don't help me out, asswipes.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Jun 4,2004 5:08pm
hey..... heres some cool places
21+ though

lucky dog ...worcester
Ralphs...worcester
choppin block...boston
o'briens...alston
middle east...cambridge
k.c. tap....pawtucket
Livingroom...its a shit hole but I always have fun there...Prov.
Hopefully after june 20th there will be a cool club in brockton to play 21+ also
Hope your old enough and these help
dont play jarrods...cool club...bad owner.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Jun 4,2004 5:25pm
i am a big fan of the icc, but its mostly hardcore bands

toggletoggle post by hoser at Jun 4,2004 6:37pm
Not Jarrods. He can eat a dick. Every band on this site is banned from playing there except Mastamindz....they can have that shithole.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Jun 4,2004 10:32pm
I think only the singer of my band is "old enough" for the 21+ venues, but my dad told me that the Lucky Dog at least has 18+ shows a lot of the time......although that'll still be a problem, since two of the guys in my band are only 17 (Although one's graduating this year anyway, overachieving bastard)...

toggletoggle post by aegathis  at Jun 4,2004 10:38pm
i dont think it matters how old the guys in the band are. Nobody in Coffin Birth are 21 yet, but we still played at Evo's, and thats just a 21 and up place.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Jun 5,2004 12:30am
Yeah, I know the guys in Pinscorch used to always play 21+ shows and none of 'em were over 21 (I still don't think any of 'em are).

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Jun 5,2004 1:17am
The age restriction at bars is for patrons, not band members. Some bars, not very many, will make band members leave after their set if they're under age, which could be 18 or 21 depending on who's caring, but there aren't many bars that do that anyway.

toggletoggle post by CandyStriperDeathOrgy  at Jun 5,2004 1:39am
Play at JARROD'S!!!! As long as you do some work and bring in people, you'll get treated good and make money...... Bands have to learn to go out and promote better. It's not all about the music..... It's a business.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Jun 5,2004 4:25am
DeOdiumMortis said:
The age restriction at bars is for patrons, not band members. Some bars, not very many, will make band members leave after their set if they're under age, which could be 18 or 21 depending on who's caring, but there aren't many bars that do that anyway.

Part of the problem is that with our ages being those, our circles of friends predominantly fall into our same ages. So if we have 18+ shows, the bassist's friends and the drummer's friends probably won't be able to go. If we have 21+ shows, most of my friends won't be able to go. That cuts our potential attendance down by about 40 to 50 people. But if they'll get our name out elsewhere, that's always good.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jun 5,2004 8:28am
All Asia owns

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][4:01:56pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01593 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]