New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> All Of Ron Paul's Iowa Fox GOP Debate Question & Answers by the_reverend on Aug 19,2011 10:07am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 19,2011 10:07am

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Aug 19,2011 10:27am
His admission to state's rights supersedes any misgivings I have about some of his positions. STRONG FUCKING CANDIDATE. It will be an absolute shame if he doesn't nab the GOP nomination, the other GOP candidates are a fucking JOKE. If he's on the ballot he's got my vote.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Aug 19,2011 10:29am
Also surprised how well he does with the crowd, while the media generally doesn't talk about him because he doesn't drink the kool-aid that Bachmann was vomiting everywhere.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 19,2011 10:40am
i didn't think anyone could be a scarier Presidential potential than Sarah Palin, but there Michelle Bachmann is.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 19,2011 11:06am
Historically speaking, Ron Paul deserves to win the Republican primary more than anyone has in the last century. Although there are parallels, it's actually even more crucial to the party's credibility than when Goldwater won the nomination in 1964 because the GOP wasn't nearly as hated across the country back then; the Republicans aside from Paul are such totalitarianistic fundie corporate toadies as a party that they're going to force themselves into a permanent minority - and whatever a person believes politically, that's a DISASTER in a two party system where we're supposed to have a choice.

Ultimately, this is the true test to see if the tea party is really about freedom and reducing the debt (Ron Paul), or just Michelle Bachmann/Rick Perry/George W. Bush social neoconservatism calling itself small government while it wastes money subsidizing corporations, invading countries, and butting into people's lives from their bedrooms to their right to smoke a plant out of the ground - the same old Republican con that they've run for years.

Independents who live in NH can vote in the Republican primary, and have it in their hands to win it for Paul. It is absolutely possible if enough people take the initiative and I'd do it myself if I lived in NH.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 19,2011 11:10am
the crowd was a lot of his supporters.
I like a lot of ron paul's ideas, but unfortunately I fucking LOVE abortions. so no RP for me.

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Aug 19,2011 11:14am
It doesn't matter what a candidate believes, abortion's not going anywhere. It's like saying in 2011 that mp3 file sharing will get outlawed, good luck with that. Writing a law against it would probably be about as successful as prohibition.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 19,2011 11:23am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
the crowd was a lot of his supporters.
I like a lot of ron paul's ideas, but unfortunately I fucking LOVE abortions. so no RP for me.

I wouldn't vote for Paul in the general election, but I think he deserves to win the Republican primary, and I would find it incredibly enjoyable to watch him beat Perry, Bachmann, and Romney. Would be good for the country too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 19,2011 11:23am
yeah, we would never put in place crazy religious based laws in this day and age.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_Marriage_Act

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 19,2011 11:27am edited Aug 19,2011 11:31am
To put it another way, I like to have some respect for someone I disagree with, and Paul is the only Republican I can say that about.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 19,2011 11:38am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
yeah, we would never put in place crazy religious based laws in this day and age.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_Marriage_Act

That's very true, and a valid point to bring up here because Paul supports that act. He opposes the Federal Marriage Amendment to the Constitution which bans all gay marriage, but he does indeed support the Defense of Marriage Act which prevents states from having to recognize other states gay marriages, under the argument that it's up to each state.

What he's missing is the most powerful Constitutional argument is that of equal protection under the law, and thus marriage to every extent that it is a state institution must be equally available to all citizens.

But at least it's not a fundie view of "ban it all" like Bachmann and Perry have.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 19,2011 11:55am
Here's the real reason to be excited.

Since Paul and Obama share the unique distinction that they would have NEVER gotten off the ground without their armies of small donors/regular people, if they were the two candidates next fall, it would be the first time in decades that the big money interests who always contribute to both parties in this country weren't the only lifeline for either or both of the major party nominees. It will likely also be the last time that EVER happens in our lifetimes (unless there's some serious campaign finance reform). If those were the two candidates, we could potentially see even more extreme Pentagon cuts and possibly even legalization just as the result of a debate where the establishment has NO say. It would be a whole new ballgame.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][1:14:45pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01088 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]