New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> The Black Album turned 20 today (I know Metallica sucks now) by KEVORD on Aug 12,2011 10:29pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Aug 12,2011 10:29pm

bennyhillifier
The Black Album turned 20 today which makes me feel old as shit. But I was 13 when it came out and Metallica was the coolest band in the world. So I thought it at least merited a post.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 12,2011 10:31pm
Racist thread. Omg.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 12,2011 10:48pm
must.....resist.......comeback troll

toggletoggle post by youddothesame87   at Aug 12,2011 11:02pm
black album sux ...and justice for all for life

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 12,2011 11:17pm
someone needs to find a real working download link for and justice for jason

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Aug 13,2011 12:02am edited Aug 13,2011 12:02am

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Aug 13,2011 12:07am
I'll stick to non bass Justice. The added in bass is just distracting. As expected from RTTP the thread goes in a different direction then expected.

toggletoggle post by mutis  at Aug 13,2011 1:32am
Shit, yeah I remember when that song game out and I was like "THIS.IS.SO.HEAVY."

Now I think it sucks.

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at Aug 13,2011 1:33am
All Metallica is false.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Aug 13,2011 2:40am
Only nocturnal depression claiming they didn't steal this riff from My Friend Of Misery is real:

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Aug 13,2011 3:27am
light a candle about it

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Aug 13,2011 9:01am edited Aug 13,2011 11:29am
Black and Justice were both incredible, different ends of the optimal spectrum regarding production and arrangements, but had all the key elements that made the first five Metallica albums still the five best albums I've ever heard, and are elements completely lacking from every Metallica album afterwards: great riffs, harmonized guitar parts, melodic clean parts, strong dynamics, at least one storytelling melodic solo in every song, logical arrangements designed for optimal growth, top notch lyrics, a percussive sense to the rhythm guitar and accented touch to the drums which worked off each other with a unique tightness, and above all a consistently high standard where every note had to be awesome or it wasn't there, and every song had to be really good or you didn't bother - Hetfield reportedly loosened up after Black in his own words and stopped being anal about every note before it made it on a Metallica album, as he put it. I suppose the lesson to songwriting guitar players is to be a totally anal asshole at all times, or your band will suddenly start sucking.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 15,2011 7:44am
i was 10 when this came out and it blew my mind. my sister was 13 so she was in charge of the tv remote, and i can remember her always changing it from MTV whenever the Enter Sandman video came on, but i always wanted to see it for the "BOOM" part where the truck drives through the bed. that's probably the first time i ever heard anything metal based.

toggletoggle post by CSB at Aug 15,2011 8:04am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i was 10 when this came out and it blew my mind. my sister was 13 so she was in charge of the tv remote, and i can remember her always changing it from MTV whenever the Enter Sandman video came on, but i always wanted to see it for the "BOOM" part where the truck drives through the bed. that's probably the first time i ever heard anything metal based.

Cool story bro.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 15,2011 8:14am
cool tv remote sis.

toggletoggle post by yeti's tv remote from 1991 at Aug 15,2011 8:19am
WHO THE FUCK GOT BOOGERS ON ME

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 15,2011 9:03am
shitty band.

toggletoggle post by thirdknuckle  at Aug 15,2011 10:00am
If you started with them when Kill em All came out, and followed them thru each album after that, then the Black Album was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Aug 15,2011 10:14am
yeti said[orig][quote]
WHO THE FUCK GOT BOOGERS ON ME
lulz

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Aug 15,2011 10:15am
i loved the black album. i was 11.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 15,2011 10:16am
black album has some great material on it that often gets overshadowed by lame singles.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Aug 15,2011 10:17am
I was 17, and though I didn't hate the Black album, I was wondering why it was so meh.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][1:45:01am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.04010 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]