New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Hooded Menace Sign to Relapse Records. Look for them in your grab bags by KEVORD on Jun 25,2011 9:58am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 25,2011 9:58am
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/notes/r...o-relapse-records/10150218401958546

Relapse Records is proud to announce the signing of Finnish death / doom bringers Hooded Menace, who take influence from 80’s era CANDLEMASS, CATHEDRAL,PARADISE LOST, ASPHYX, and BLACK SABBATH, has previously release two full length albums as well as split releases with COFFINS, ASPHYX, ILSA, and more. The band recently made their US live debut this spring with performances as part of Maryland Deathfest (Baltimore), Chaos in Tejas (Austin), and Doom in June (Las Vegas).

Hooded Menace guitarist Lasse Pyykko commented on the signing; "We’re very excited about signing with Relapse Records! This seems like a logical next step for the band. Of course we are still going to release 7”s and such with smaller labels too because we love doing that. As for the full length album, now we’re going have all the support, promotion, and distribution we could possibly hope at this stage. It’s pretty amazing to be part of the label with such a long and remarkable history. Relapse has released many albums that we are big fans of. We are stoked about leaving our heavily and deeply stamped mark to that long, significant list of great music."

Hooded Menace has confirmed a handful of Finnish tour dates, including performances as part of the Ilosaarirock Festival (w/ BUZZCOCKS, MELT BANANA, MADNESS) and Tuska Festival (w/ KILLING JOKE, AT THE GATES, AMORPHIS) in July. The band will also open for doom legends SAINT VITUS in Helsinki on August 27th. A listing of confirmed tour dates can be found below with more to be announced soon.

More news / tour / album release information. Stay tuned to www.RELAPSE.com and the official MySpace and Facebook for the latest

HOODED MENACE Tour Dates:

July 16 Joensuu, Finland Ilosaarirock Festival (festival website)

July 23 Helsinki, Finland Tuska Festival (festival website)

Aug 27 Helsinki, Finland Nosturi (w/ SAINT VITUS, HORSE LATITUDES, SWALLOWED)

Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Hooded Menace
Labels: Relapse Records

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 25,2011 9:59am
Countdown to Hooded Menace sucking.

toggletoggle post by LucidCurse at Jun 25,2011 12:37pm
Another band down the tubes.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 25,2011 1:13pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
Countdown to Hooded Menace sucking.
sellout relapse fags

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Jun 25,2011 1:19pm
Hooded Menace has now trumped Ghost as trendiest band of 2011. Make the needed corrections in your RTTP programs.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 25,2011 1:40pm
Girlfriend menace

toggletoggle post by eyehatehippies  at Jun 25,2011 2:34pm
Cool, I wore my Hooded Menace t-shirt last night. Love this band, they bring a lot of great things to death/doom, great groove, melodies, vocals, aesthetic, heavy riff after heavy riff, their second album really raised the bar.

Anyone into Druid Lord? I also love that band, just really fucking cool, in the same vein...

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Jun 25,2011 2:58pm
Kevord said[orig][quote]
Hooded Menace has now trumped Ghost as trendiest band of 2011. Make the needed corrections in your RTTP programs.

Officially?

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 25,2011 3:13pm
eyehatehippies said[orig][quote]

Anyone into Druid Lord? I also love that band, just really fucking cool, in the same vein...

Great band, just released a split with the band Kaiju.

toggletoggle post by eyehatehippies  at Jun 25,2011 3:18pm
Cool, I'll have to get that split, thanks for the heads up.

toggletoggle post by BlessedOffalNLI at Jun 25,2011 3:27pm
bands decent but kinda overrated if you ask me. Which noone did.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jun 25,2011 3:43pm
Yeah, the concept and artwork are a bit more memorable than the music... I wasn't totally let down, but they aren't Tombs-Of-The-Blind-Dead-good!

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 25,2011 7:33pm
eyehatehippies said[orig][quote]
Cool, I wore my Hooded Menace t-shirt last night. Love this band, they bring a lot of great things to death/doom, great groove, melodies, vocals, aesthetic, heavy riff after heavy riff, their second album really raised the bar.

Just downloaded Druid Lord. Pretty awesome stuff. Thanks.

toggletoggle post by late_rising at Jun 26,2011 1:33am edited Jun 26,2011 1:47am
Although I was probably in the minority, I thought Hooded Menace brought some of the best riffs of the weekend at MDF. They weren't non-stop amazing but when they got in the pocket with some of those riffs it was pretty fucking killer. I had heard they weren't good live but thought they were pretty awesome. Their track on the split 12" with Ilsa is sick, too.

Also, if people are into Druid Lord you should grab the vinyl of the album while it's still available. You have to buy it from the UK but it's only like 15 euro and comes with some goodies like a poster and patch.

http://www.myspace.com/witchestonerecords/blog/540425483

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2011 9:59am
Hells Headbangers has the Druid Lord vinyl.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 26,2011 10:05am
late_rising is officially the least informed trendfag of the year.

;)

toggletoggle post by eyehatehippies  at Jun 26,2011 10:08am
The Druid Lord vinyl comes with a poster, patch, sticker, and a tote bag. I think I got the whole ordeal for $30, shipped...

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2011 10:13am
Cool I can use that tote bag at the gym with my Ghost water bottle.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2011 10:14am

toggletoggle post by late_rising at Jun 26,2011 12:58pm
well, I did get the color vinyl which is only available from the label and has more extras. But yeah $18 from HH is obviously the way to go.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 26,2011 1:03pm
Trendfag.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Jun 26,2011 1:18pm
late_rising said[orig][quote]
well, I did get the color vinyl which is only available from the label and has more extras. But yeah $18 from HH is obviously the way to go.

That's Racist!

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Jun 26,2011 2:01pm
If anything, I'd like to see a Hooded Menace/ Coffins U.S. tour come out of this.

toggletoggle post by late_rising at Jun 26,2011 4:22pm
I think I'd be better described as pathetic vinylhoarder than racist trendfag, but whatever works for you guys.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 26,2011 4:33pm
Only a racist trendfag would say such a thing!

toggletoggle post by late_rising at Jun 26,2011 4:36pm
Just because I think your last name is hilarious doesn't make me a racist :(

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Jun 26,2011 5:07pm
Fine, but it still makes you a trendfag because everybody thinks my last name is hilarious.

toggletoggle post by late_rising at Jun 26,2011 5:19pm
Fair enough. And I still luv you even if you aren't "really" white.

toggletoggle post by Paulina at Jun 26,2011 7:06pm
Backed.

toggletoggle post by Paulina at Jun 26,2011 7:07pm
NuclearWinter said[orig][quote]
If anything, I'd like to see a Hooded Menace/ Coffins U.S. tour come out of this.

BACKED. rttp fail.

toggletoggle post by The_Rooster  at Jun 27,2011 12:34pm
So signing to Relpase automatically makes a band not cool now?

I get that Relapse has SERIOUSLY watered down their roster in recent years, but this band is pretty fucking awesome if you ask me. Nice to hear a band just sticking with heavy simplicity above anything else.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 27,2011 12:44pm

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Jun 27,2011 12:44pm
Relapse= Trend fags. Get on the kvlt boat or drown.

toggletoggle post by chrisREX at Jun 27,2011 1:17pm
I thought they were real good at Maryland Deathfest. I liked them more live then what I have heard from their records.

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Jun 27,2011 2:37pm
nekronaut said[orig][quote]
Fine, but it still makes you a trendfag because everybody thinks my last name is hilarious.

We need a secretly-nonwhite handshake or something.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][2:56:48pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01849 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]