New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> SAT 7/9 - THE 2011 CONNECTICUT METALFEST - Suicide Dream, Volatile, Autolatry, Dark Passenger, Forever's Fallen Grace, Aversed - Free Food Included and All Drinks $3.50 or Less by ShadowSD on Jun 23,2011 5:09pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 23,2011 5:09pm edited Jun 24,2011 7:42pm
The 2011 Connecticut MetalFest

Saturday, July 9 at The Outdoor Pavilion in Windham

Suicide Dream
Volatile
Autolatry
Dark Passenger
Forever's Fallen Grace
Aversed

All Ages/21+ to drink, 6 pm, $15, Rain or Shine

Ticket Price Includes Freshly Grilled Hot Dogs Served Between Bands

116 Club Road in Windham, CT (Across From Graveyard/Next To AT&T) - Top of the Driveway

All alcoholic drinks are $3.00/$3.50 and the venue is green friendly (all who wish to partake will be taken care of as part of their price of admission as well). Soda and water costs a dollar or less, and parking is free.

Order your tickets in advance through the bands, our band's contact e-mail for getting tickets is shadowsd@snet.net

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 23,2011 5:20pm edited Jun 23,2011 6:38pm
For those who were asking (AndrewBastard, Matt from Eerie, etc.), I finally heard back about whether camping overnight is permitted. They're not allowing it for this year's fest because they apparantely have some sort of rare Sunday event going on the next day, but for all future events at this venue where there isn't something booked the next day, camping overnight IS permitted at The Outdoor Pavilion.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 24,2011 11:35am edited Jun 24,2011 8:27pm
But I should also mention that even though bands play from 6 - 12, we have the place until 2 am, so nobody has to drive home for a while.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 24,2011 7:34pm
Suicide Dream Female-Fronted Melodic Metal

Volatile Thrash Metal

Autolatry Black Metal

Dark Passenger Doomy Death Metal

Forever's Fallen Grace Epic Doom Metal

Aversed Thrash/Black Metal

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 25,2011 3:05pm

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 25,2011 7:33pm
So I just heard from our drummer Casey who made the flyer that the skull belongs to Beethoven.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 26,2011 4:30pm
I never realized someone kicked Beethoven in the skull, I wonder what's up with that lump...

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jun 26,2011 4:42pm
ShadowSD said[orig][quote]
I never realized someone kicked Beethoven in the skull, I wonder what's up with that lump...

toggletoggle post by Windham CT board of health at Jun 27,2011 8:02am
Is your drummer cooking the hot dogs again this year? Has he been properly fitted for a hairnet?

toggletoggle post by Mark R at Jun 27,2011 9:04am
This looks like a cool show.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 27,2011 12:45pm
Nice a flyer, I will begin pasting it everywhere

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 27,2011 9:19pm
dyingmuse said[orig][quote]
Nice a flyer, I will begin pastaing it everywhere

FIXED

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 28,2011 2:52pm
Windham%20CT%20board%20of%20health said[orig][quote]
Is your drummer cooking the hot dogs again this year? Has he been properly fitted for a hairnet?

His dreads would go right through the holes. Dude grills a mean hot dog though.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 29,2011 9:57am edited Jun 29,2011 9:59am
eddie said[orig][quote]

IT'S NOT A TUMA!

IT'S FROM WHEN MARIA STOMPED ME IN DA FAAAAACCCEE!

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 29,2011 7:19pm edited Jun 29,2011 7:19pm
In the past two years we've made it a tradition to smoke up the entire crowd with KB during our intermission, this year will be no exception.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 30,2011 10:57am
The grill is huge and open to other meats as well if anyone wants to bring anything else, I heard yesterday a couple of people talking about bringing other stuff to throw on the grill.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jun 30,2011 9:40pm
First band goes on at 6 pm sharp.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 1,2011 8:29pm
Windham is only about twenty miles south of the MA border and twenty miles west of the RI border in the northeast corner of CT.

toggletoggle post by Headbanging_Man at Jul 1,2011 8:31pm
In the past two years we've made it a tradition to smoke up the entire crowd with KB during our intermission, this year will be no exception.

I was wondering if I read that first post correctly... Quite a magnanimous gesture/selling point!

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 2,2011 10:52am edited Jul 2,2011 10:56am
I always thought it made sense to have a show where getting the munchies and satisfying them was included. In the past two years towards the end of the night we've been on stage and taken care of the crowd for five or six minutes until everyone who partook was satisfied, then we launched right into our second set of darker, doomier songs. Earlier in the fest is also totally cool as well (just look for circles of people standing out by the grill between sets and join the circle) but things are slightly more discrete than later in the night only in the sense of people knowing to walk a few feet away if someone under eighteen is right next to them/basic common sense stuff. As far as the board that rents us the venue goes, they're French Canadian, so they're totally cool on the topic, as long as that's the only thing there.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 3,2011 12:46pm
This Saturday!

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 3,2011 4:53pm
First five people that pay at the door and say they saw this on rttp get their first two drinks FREE.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 3,2011 8:54pm
This offer is official, just mention it to the guy at the door to get hooked up.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jul 4,2011 5:56am
Does that include me? Should be paying much in Cherokee with all wheel drive and 8 bangs of power/gas sucking?

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jul 4,2011 5:56am

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 4,2011 10:01am
I'll get you a drink dude, the girl at the bar I've known for years from playing this place (nice girl and top heavy too).

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jul 4,2011 2:40pm
Sweet dood \m/ Top heavy is always good.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 5,2011 10:53pm
This will still be $15 on the day of the fest, no service charges.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 6,2011 11:03am
Local weather forecast says it will be 68 degrees on Saturday night, why be stuck indoors?

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 6,2011 2:57pm
Show needs moar threads, apparently.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 7,2011 6:56pm
So for those keeping score, that's two free drinks, free food, free smoke, and free parking. When does that ever happen?

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 8,2011 2:47pm
Bump for tomorrow night!

toggletoggle post by cornholio at Jul 8,2011 10:22pm
Local weather forecast says it will be 68 degrees on Saturday night, why be stuck indoors sniffing dudesweat?

FIXED

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 9,2011 11:11am
Ha

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 9,2011 2:40pm
This is TONIGHT!

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 10,2011 9:54am edited Jul 11,2011 2:07pm
Awesome show was awesome. Every band was VERY good, and the night was a fucking blast, the crowd while not being at previous triple digit metalfest levels completely made up for it in intensity, great and totally amped throughout our band's whole extended three sets as they kept asking over and over for one more song, singing every word of the impromptu Holy Wars cover at the end. Have I mentioned that I fucking love playing this place?

toggletoggle post by BrianDBB  at May 19,2012 6:57pm
Any chance of more shows like this occurring? We're looking for a Connecticut date on Fri Aug 17 and having some trouble getting something booked right now. Let us know

Brian
Drive-By Bukkake
dbbthrash@gmail.com
http://dbbthrash.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/dbbthrash

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][9:50:20pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01759 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]