End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New Kittie. by RustedAngel on May 25,2004 10:56am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 25,2004 10:56am
still blows...

why can't there be an all chick metal band that blows me away?

toggletoggle post by moran   at May 25,2004 11:04am
There is one in DC that is pretty cool. I heard the cd yesterday, RAOV played with them down there. I didn't get the name though.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 25,2004 11:15am
cool, let me know if you catch the name...i'd check them out.

how sick would it be if a band like decrepit birth were just 5 women or something? hahaha.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 25,2004 11:17am
the wages of sin.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at May 25,2004 11:57am
the iron maidens

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi187   at May 25,2004 1:53pm
Check out Mythic, they were an all girl death metal band. The main chick Dana went on to form Demonic Christ with a few guys. Both good bands.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 25,2004 1:58pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
the iron maidens

i'm talkin ultra brutal technical death metal. though the maidens do a good job with the covers.

toggletoggle post by Dissector at May 25,2004 3:13pm
ninkaszi187 said:
Check out Mythic, they were an all girl death metal band. The main chick Dana went on to form Demonic Christ with a few guys. Both good bands.

Damn, I was just gonna say Mythic.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 25,2004 3:27pm
Mythic were great but their only available recordings sound very lo-fi

worth a listen, though. free downloads:
http://www.mythicmusic.com/

toggletoggle post by aliciagrace  at May 25,2004 3:31pm
just wait till i start my band, it will be amazing...it be ultra brutal only the lyrics will be about puppies and rainbows and the morning dew that rests on flower petals......

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 25,2004 4:57pm
why can't there be an all chick metal band that blows me? that would be a dream come true. actually it would be every metalhead's dream come true, except rob halford and any other gay metalheads.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at May 25,2004 5:29pm
ninkaszi187 said:

their site allows you to download their whole demo/promo cd or whatever. its not mind blowing but its pretty decent. the chicks death vocals are really deep.

toggletoggle post by josiah_the_black  at May 25,2004 8:47pm
aliciagrace said:
just wait till i start my band, it will be amazing...it be ultra brutal only the lyrics will be about puppies and rainbows and the morning dew that rests on flower petals......

wouldnt that be emo?

toggletoggle post by Todd(bombshelter) at May 25,2004 9:04pm
Check out ....Mortuary hacking session, An all female gore/ grind band they are pretty sick...

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at May 25,2004 11:04pm
josiah_the_black said:
aliciagrace said:

wouldnt that be emo?

you just called emo brutal! you pansy.

hahaha

toggletoggle post by mike_fod at May 25,2004 11:28pm
Women who read this might take offense, but women aren't capable of pulling off technical death metal, or real metal for that matter. Females really lack the vision and endurance that males have, I mean, it's no surprise why we haven't seen any female musicians releasing albums like Whisper Supremacy or Onset Of Putrefaction, it just can't be done. Besides, most women are too worried that they might callous up their fingers from playing hard.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 25,2004 11:36pm
there are two things girls have.
1) a non-rational brain
2) they are impulsive
how do you explain sinister? girl singer there... and the lyrics slayed bruno (or whatever his name was) who didn't even know english.

I really don't know why there aren't moreall girl bands that tear out wombs. remember catheter? where did they go? and karyn crisis is back, but she always sucked.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at May 26,2004 12:36am
mike_fod said:
Women who read this might take offense, but women aren't capable of pulling off technical death metal, or real metal for that matter. Females really lack the vision and endurance that males have, I mean, it's no surprise why we haven't seen any female musicians releasing albums like Whisper Supremacy or Onset Of Putrefaction, it just can't be done. Besides, most women are too worried that they might callous up their fingers from playing hard.

Girls can't play real metal? What about Mythic, Demonic Christ, Astarte, Derketa, Nuclear Death, Bolt Thrower, etc? They all had at least one girl member that actually played an instrument.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 26,2004 12:54am
Ninkaszi187 said:

Girls can't play real metal? What about Mythic, Demonic Christ, Astarte, Derketa, Nuclear Death, Bolt Thrower, etc? They all had at least one girl member that actually played an instrument.

umm, yeah, most can't it seems...

mythic, just checked out, not bad for 1992... but it doesn't seem ultra technical.

and you listed like 3 thrash bands...and in the other bands I bet the girl played bass, not guitar or drums.

there needs to be a woman equivalent drummer to derek roddy (hate eternal) drums... or a woman equivalent guitar player to erik rutan or something. THERE ISN'T!

toggletoggle post by mike_fod at May 26,2004 2:03am
Ninkaszi187 said:
mike_fod said:

Nuclear Death's best material isn't even metal...

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at May 26,2004 2:07am
RustedAngel said:
Ninkaszi187 said:

umm, yeah, most can't it seems...

mythic, just checked out, not bad for 1992... but it doesn't seem ultra technical.

and you listed like 3 thrash bands...and in the other bands I bet the girl played bass, not guitar or drums.

there needs to be a woman equivalent drummer to derek roddy (hate eternal) drums... or a woman equivalent guitar player to erik rutan or something. THERE ISN'T!

Obviously most can't, or don't. Some girls can, like in those bands. I didn't list any thrash bands. All I'm saying is some chicks can play "real metal". How tech it is has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I can't believe I didn't mention The Great Kat. She is an awesome guitarist. Not BROOTAL enough I know.

Check out Nuclear Death. Awesome old spazzy death metal. The bassist/vocalist was a girl, and was amazing.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at May 26,2004 2:10am
what ever happened to demonic christ? i only have a few of their songs on a comp somehwere....

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at May 26,2004 2:27am
mike_fod said:
Ninkaszi187 said:
mike_fod said:

Nuclear Death's best material isn't even metal...

I like how you just ignored my point. You said chicks can't play real metal and I listed a few bands that do. ND's best material doesn't have much to do with it. She still played metal.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at May 26,2004 3:50am
oh yeah, and kittie makes me want to shoot myself in the face... repeatedly

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at May 26,2004 7:27am
i gotta agree, there are very few women who can go toe-to-toe with the likes of Derek Roddy, or Trey Azagthoth. luckily i found a female drummer for Kalopsia who can blast twice as fast as what's on the album. this is all i'll say at the time because she is not the official drummer yet and i'm still working with her on the songs to make sure she can pull them all off, but she's a hell of a drummer.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at May 26,2004 8:09am
I know some female musicians, not metal musicians, who are just as intense, skilled, creative and talented as any of the best metal guys.

A large reason why there may not be too many women in death metal is because some of the most popular and well known bands (I'm thinking of Cannibal Corpse) have very disturbing and often misogynistic lyrics.

It's also just not as easy for girls to go out and be musicians because they are not conditioned to do so. Musical role models for women are much harder to find than male role models, unless you count sexually exploitative pop stars.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 26,2004 8:19am
there are plenty of girls that take on the 'look of metal', but can't play it...

conditioned smonditioned...

perhaps girls are not agressive enough?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 26,2004 8:21am
Ninkaszi187 said:
Anyway, I can't believe I didn't mention The Great Kat. She is an awesome guitarist. Not BROOTAL enough I know.

I don't like here, but I was meaning to mention her when this thread started.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at May 26,2004 8:22am
Alot of metal is violent in terms of lyrics, dancing, headbanging... Maybe males get more fun out of being violent. I guess the male-dominated sports world could show that.

Women should be more like female spiders, them some cruel-ass bitches.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][10:44:10am Apr 23,2024
load time 0.02578 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]