New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> NEMHF 13, aka 2011, day three recap thread by the_reverend on Apr 16,2011 9:22am
Add To All Your Pages!
Apr 16, 2011 the Palladium - Mainstage (Worcester, MA)
between_the_buried_and_me - 2011-04-16
Between The Buried And Me(177)
flash animated slider show
born_of_osiris - 2011-04-16
Born Of Osiris(135)
carnifex - 2011-04-16
Carnifex(180)
cephalic_carnage - 2011-04-16
Cephalic Carnage(153)
dying_fetus - 2011-04-16
Dying Fetus(79)
hatebreed - 2011-04-16
Hatebreed(190)
job_for_a_cowboy - 2011-04-16
Job For A Cowboy(193)
oceano - 2011-04-16
Oceano(114)
randomshots - 2011-04-16
Randomshots(8)
structures - 2011-04-16
Structures(85)
the_contortionist - 2011-04-16
The Contortionist(81)
the_ocean - 2011-04-16
The Ocean(105)
times_of_grace - 2011-04-16
Times Of Grace(210)
tony_danza_tapdance_extravaganza - 2011-04-16
Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza(113)
volumes - 2011-04-16
Volumes(99)
within_the_ruins - 2011-04-16
Within The Ruins(96)
Apr 16, 2011 the Palladium - Secondstage (Worcester, MA)
3_inches_of_blood - 2011-04-16
3 Inches Of Blood(95)
a_life_once_lost - 2011-04-16
A Life Once Lost(83)
believer - 2011-04-16
Believer(60)
hung - 2011-04-16
Hung(95)
last_chance_to_reason - 2011-04-16
Last Chance To Reason(100)
lazarus_ad - 2011-04-16
Lazarus Ad(84)
legion - 2011-04-16
Legion(105)
nails - 2011-04-16
Nails(73)
revocation - 2011-04-16
Revocation(149)
skeleon_witch - 2011-04-16
Skeleon Witch(208)
son_of_aurelius - 2011-04-16
Son Of Aurelius(80)
withered - 2011-04-16
Withered(74)
wretched - 2011-04-16
Wretched(94)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 9:22am
ok, now... I'm am wiped out tired.
saturday stage 2
wretched
hung
legion
son of aurelius
last chance to reason
lazarus ad
withered
revocation
believer
a life once lost
nails
3 inches of blood
skeleon witch

saturday stage 1
structures
volumes
the contortionist
within the ruins
tony danza tap dance extravaganza
cephalic carnage
the ocean
oceano
dying fetus
job for a cowboy
carnifex
darkest hour
times of grace
born of osiris
between the buried and me
hatebreed

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 16,2011 9:38am
capital letters in band names are lame

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 16,2011 9:40am
I WANT TO FEST YOU ALL.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 16,2011 9:42am
I see what you did there

toggletoggle post by Pires at Apr 16,2011 10:49am
I wish Last chance to reason played yesterday. Instead, I'm going to the sox game today. Yay fun.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 16,2011 10:50am
Pires said[orig][quote]
I'm going to the sox game today. Yay fun.

tell them to HIT THE GODDAMN BALL. christ.

toggletoggle post by Loveisafist nli at Apr 16,2011 11:31am
What time is it starting?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Apr 16,2011 11:36am
looks like this is the only day with any decent bands at all.

good job NEMHF

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 12:26pm
Noon is when it started.

wretched (second stage] it is weird that this deathcore messiah band from victory is opening the second stage. I know that their logos and shirts look all annoying colored, etc... but they are a really decent band if you ignore all that.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 16,2011 12:27pm
they were pretty great when we played with them at oasis a while back. cool dudes too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 12:38pm
structures (main stage) they had a bunch of kids downfront for them. Cool at this tim of the day.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 12:38pm
so far this day is a collection of people that weren't at the first 2 days. You can tell cause they still have energy and don'thate music.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 12:44pm
hung (second stage) band rips. Once the violin levels were fixed. They sounded great and had a full house up there. Though, they did give the voilin to the asian girl which is just what her tiger mom did... so....

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Apr 16,2011 1:06pm
I'm annoyed by the lack of funny Random Shots that I look forward to at every NEMHF. Shame on you Aaron. Shame. My funny bone is frowning.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 16,2011 1:09pm
go to the show and something funny then ya lazy bastid.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 1:10pm
volumes (main stage] this is not the weather channel metal bnd I thought that they were. Lame. Of me. I think that was onward to olympia I was thinking of cause they have a CD called volumes. "Bounce core" is a good enough way to describe them.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 16,2011 1:10pm
bounce core?

WAT?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 1:17pm
legion (second stage] I met up with 2 of the members drunk (them drunk not me) last night and the convo was all about other bands called legion that aren't them. Weird that they were on after hung.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 1:51pm
contortionist, the (main stage] one of the short list of bands that had played nemhf and metal Thursday. This bandis getting bigger and bigger.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 1:53pm
son of aurelius (second stage] they were pretty good. The audience thought so a lot too cause there were plenty of people moshing and some crowd surfing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 2:02pm
buncecore... BOUNCECORE?!? Who ever heard of bounce core?

toggletoggle post by titd nli at Apr 16,2011 2:03pm
dying fetus needs to play another upstairs at the midle east show

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 16,2011 2:16pm
moar like dunce-core

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 2:16pm
within the ruins (main stage) one of the better bands of this genre. It doesn't hurt that the are nice guys.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 2:19pm
last chance to reason (second stage) excellent band. It is super to see how these dudes have progressed over the years. Awesome that people dig them so much and they have a cd out on prosthetic.

Also, there a tons of photgraphers here now... but most are girls. There are like near no dudes. Makes me feel like instead of having a super sweet gig, I got picked last for a team or I showed up to band practice and they gave me the bass... worse yet, the kyboard.

toggletoggle post by trixie34345 at Apr 16,2011 2:21pm
hi

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 2:53pm
tony danza tap dance extravaganza (main stage) it sounds like they are playing their guitar underwater. Furious.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 2:54pm
lazarus ad (second stage] ok... I expected it to be 100% dead up here. It was not. It was crazy. Idk how upstairs and dowstairs can be packed this early.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 3:59pm
cephalic carnage (main stage) I guess having 3 original members is better than a lot of bands. I took way too many pictures of the drummer.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 4:00pm
withered (second stage) second stage is weird place for them. Main stage or a basement!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 4:02pm
revocation (second stage) do you really have to ask? They sounded amazing. They also had a large crowd and stage driving. I even when back up there twice to see the beginning and end of their set. Btw, only phil took his shirt off. That sucked. Shirtsoff or go home.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 4:04pm
the ocean (main stage) they took a super long time to set up. It was pretty good. I think of these guys are what cave in should have become. Some isisy stuff, some singing, but spazzy tight metalcore at other times.

toggletoggle post by brodown at Apr 16,2011 4:08pm
The ocean may be the biggest reason I came. Best sound of the day so far, everything is clear--a first for the palladium.

toggletoggle post by brodown at Apr 16,2011 4:11pm edited Apr 16,2011 4:21pm
Also, re: girl taking pictures... NOODZ OR TERRORIST THE FUCK OUT

toggletoggle post by hlrie at Apr 16,2011 4:44pm
I was always picked first in gym or got the mic or guitar. But have not shot anything yet today. You win?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 4:50pm
believer (second stage) drummer mic issues. Old school metal with crowbary vocals?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 4:51pm
oceano (main stage) took them 2 years to go from 3rd stage, to 2nd to main. Nice going. They killed it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 4:55pm
a life once lost (second stage) how many years have I seen them on that second stage? Feels like a long time. I remember a million years ago, getting a copy of the fourth plague from them here whe it was all thy had out. They had all these flashing lights like you would expect and a drummer that never opened his eyes once the entire set.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Apr 16,2011 5:00pm
the best record aLOL(s) EVER put out was "open your mouth for the speechless.."

toggletoggle post by brodown at Apr 16,2011 5:01pm
ALOL was heavier than heavy.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Apr 16,2011 5:06pm edited Apr 16,2011 5:06pm
blah.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 5:22pm
nails (second stage) there was a major hiccup with their banner since it is huge and covered the lights. This was almost a completely different band from the great scotts show. Not boring at all. They made me like them live as much as the tracks on line. I guess the allston show was an off night for them.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 16,2011 6:22pm
is there reentry only til a certain point today?

toggletoggle post by brodown at Apr 16,2011 6:36pm
Reentry till 6. It's past 6.

toggletoggle post by brodown at Apr 16,2011 6:59pm
Carnifex has live bass bombs. 

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 7:03pm
dying fetus (main stage) painfully painfully heavy. That's the way you are suppose to do it deathcore bands. No bass drops. I was pissed that I went up stairs and missed grotesque impalment.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 7:19pm
Darkest hour dropped off today cause one of them had a baby.

job for a cowboy (main stage) I would love to have their guitarist's face on a shirt. I spent most of their set trying to remember tony's old band's name since he was on guitar. I was something super simple and one word.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 7:25pm
Oh, I heard the show sold out. Might not be true, but idk.

3 inches of blood (second stage) they were great. I mean, they lost the falettto singer, but now seem sloppier/drunker/less tight, but more fun.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Apr 16,2011 7:25pm
tony was in contagion/cadaveryne. JFAC is pretty much a mass band now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 7:33pm
Contagion that's it. Tu blue, but I'm sure you were in all 3 of those bands too and that is how you know.

toggletoggle post by ddrummer at Apr 16,2011 9:03pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]

3 inches of blood (second stage) they were great. I mean, they lost the falettto singer, but now seem sloppier/drunker/less tight, but more fun.

i thought they lost the harsh vocals? last i knew Cam Pipes (falsetto man) is still an active member?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2011 9:05pm
times of grace (main stage) very radio rock friendly loud rock. I listened to some tracks online that were way too over produced, but I think that is what they are going for here.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 17,2011 1:41am
home working on pictures.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Apr 17,2011 2:01am edited Apr 17,2011 2:03am
believer (second stage) drummer mic issues. Old school metal with crowbary vocals?

I get the feeling that's not the Believer I thought/hoped it was then. The one I hoped it was at least used to be the christian answer to the tech-thrash movement. Makes me feel significantly less bad about not going.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Apr 17,2011 2:02am
ddrummer said[orig][quote]

i thought they lost the harsh vocals? last i knew Cam Pipes (falsetto man) is still an active member?

Yeah, that's what I thought, they ditched the harsh guy and only had the falsetto dude....and like the guitarist or bassist was doing the harsh stuff on the songs that still needed it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 17,2011 2:11am
I'm sure the it is the same believer maybe? they are on metal blade and the lead guy I guess is a mad scientist.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 17,2011 2:32am
can't keep eyes open going over these pictures. brewing some coffee

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 17,2011 3:28am
can't keep eyes open going over these pictures. brewing some coffee

toggletoggle post by goz  at Apr 17,2011 9:48am
i_am_not_me said[orig][quote]

I get the feeling that's not the Believer I thought/hoped it was then. The one I hoped it was at least used to be the christian answer to the tech-thrash movement. Makes me feel significantly less bad about not going.

That's the same Believer that you're thinking of. They newer stuff is even more tech than before. I guess the vocals might be a bit crowbary, but not nearly quite as sludgy or something like that.

toggletoggle post by chokeonyourownblood at Apr 17,2011 1:34pm
only bands worth seeing to me is Hatebreed and if dying fetus played OLD stuff..none of this new shit..like killing on adrenaline, stop at nothing, destroy the opposition and thats it. If hatebreed played the first 2 cd' than its a win,anything after that is ECHHHH

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 17,2011 2:08pm
stop at nothing is considered old now?

toggletoggle post by chokeonyourownblood at Apr 17,2011 2:56pm
stop at nothing is considered old now?

2003..11 years old..seems old to me although its not that far away..

toggletoggle post by chokeonyourownblood at Apr 17,2011 2:57pm
take that back I am sorry, 9 years old..jesus iam sorry lol

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Apr 17,2011 2:59pm
I usually think of the new/old line as Destroy the Opposition. Stop at Nothing - present is "new" DF.

Also I haven't heard the new Believer album but I read the opposite, that it's actually less tech. Hmmm.

toggletoggle post by filthy at Apr 17,2011 3:08pm
that album is actually 7 years and 11 months old, it was released in May of 2003. We are in 2011 currently if you lost track of this somehow. Interesting you started at killing on adrenaline as your basis for Dying Fetus old and seemed to have missed infatuation with malevolence, Purification Through Violence (one of their best) and Grotesque Impalement (which they played). The newest album, in my option, is actually quite a bit better than stop at nothing. just saying.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Apr 17,2011 3:11pm
LISTEN ASSHOLES, IF YOU THINK STOP AT NOTHING IS NOT OLD SCHOOL THAN YOU NEED TO TAKE MORE GERITOL, YALL NILLAZ BE ANCIENT

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Apr 17,2011 4:45pm

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Apr 17,2011 5:09pm
chokeonyourownblood said[orig][quote]
only bands worth seeing to me is Hatebreed and if dying fetus played OLD stuff..none of this new shit..like killing on adrenaline, stop at nothing, destroy the opposition and thats it. If hatebreed played the first 2 cd' than its a win,anything after that is ECHHHH

Descend into Depravity was not only an awesome album but had amazing production quality and very well thought out song composition.

I know you might be thinking "very well thought out song composition? For Dying Fetus? You crazy!" However every song on that album had its own feel and identity, a good listen all the way through and it didn't get repetitive or boring. All in all one of the best new albums that a band of that age could hope for, its not like they reinvented the wheel or anything, they just kept it moving! I don't understand why people refuse to give albums like this any credit simple because its not "old school material"

Not many bands have released an album that far into their career that I would consider to be on the same level as this one.

Oh, and your selection of what Dying Fetus albums are considered "old school" is rather amusing. Have you forgotten the rest of their catalog?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 17,2011 5:54pm
blue said[orig][quote]
LISTEN ASSHOLES, IF YOU THINK STOP AT NOTHING IS NOT OLD SCHOOL THAN YOU NEED TO TAKE MORE GERITOL, YALL NILLAZ BE ANCIENT
stop at nothing was recorded in this current aeon of dwyer, QED.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 17,2011 5:57pm
Oh, I stop at nothing is ok, but the new cd (their 4th or 5th line up) is awesome.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Apr 17,2011 7:05pm
DYINGFETUSNEWER

toggletoggle post by Woah!_Shut_It_Down!  at Apr 17,2011 7:27pm
Aside from WTR nearly boring me to sleep and having me retreat to Last Chance To Reason(who were great, all two songs I saw), I greatly enjoyed that show. I missed Revocation due to The Ocean, but it'd be a crime to leave such an all-encompassing set, so I chanced it... and I walked in just as 3 Inches finished, so at least I finally got to see them play Deadly Sinners. All-in-all, I got thrashed.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][12:06:44pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.05717 secs/67 queries]
[search][refresh page]