New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> 4/24 Withered and Krallice at Great Scott by nekronaut on Mar 22,2011 11:36am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Mar 22,2011 11:36am
We Are Proud To Announce Festival Dates, Krallice And Headlining Tour Dates For April
by WITHERED on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 11:10am

-via Prosthetic Records
Blackened doom Georgian beasts, WITHERED, have confirmed a slew of shows this spring, including appearances at MACrock and New England Metal Fest, as well as dates with Krallice, and some headline dates. WITHERED continue to support “Dualitas,” which was released in October of 2010 and made Decibel’s Top 40 Albums of the Year list. Since then, the band has supported Danzig on his “Blackest of the Black Tour,” and toured with label mates, Skeletonwitch.

Singer/guitarist Mike Thompson commented on the April dates: “Our tour dates this April will harbor a monsoon of dynamics, venues, and participants. It feels very chaotic, just the way we love to work. It’ll begin with a one-off date April 1st as we participate in the return of the MACRock festival this year. It’ll be rewarding to bring our new music to this part of the country again, which we’ve neglected unintentionally for several years now. Following that, we’ve also been invited to participate in NEMF once again. This is always a good opportunity for Withered to bring our music to more diverse crowds than we’re used to. Plus, we’ll get to share the stage with some great bands and friends as well. After that we have a mix of headlining dates and a northeast US/Canadian run with Krallice. We’ve been talking about doing something together for quite a few years now so it’s great to see this materialize. We’ll be offering quite a mix of withered material for these dates from all three albums. We’re excited about playing some songs from “Memento Mori” that haven’t been performed in several years in addition to reaching into the deeper compositions from “Folie Circulaire” and “Dualitas”. It will feel great to be on the road again.

4/1 Harrison, VA- Blue Nile (MACrock)
4/15 Wilmington, DE- Mojo 13 (w/ Dying Fetus)
4/16 Worcester, MA- The Palladium, NE Metal and Hardcore Fest
4/19 Trenton, NJ- Championship Bar and Grill
4/20 Kingston, NY- The Basement
4/22 Buffalo, NY- Broadway Joe’s
4/23 Rochester, NY- Montage Music Hall
4/24 Allston, MA- Great Scott #
4/25 Montreal, QC- Katacombes #
4/26 Toronto, ON- Sneaky Dee’s #
4/27 Cleveland, OH- Now That’s Class #
4/29 Baltimore, MD- Talking Head #
5/1 Frederick, MD- Krug’s Place
5/2 Richmond, VA- Strange Matter
#w/ Krallice

Like its predecessor, the critically acclaimed “Folie Circulaire,” “Dualitas,” was recorded by KYLESA’s Phillip Cope at the Jam Room in Columbia, SC. The CD and vinyl versions of the album have different covers, both of which were created by Paul Romano (Mastodon, Trivium, The Acacia Strain). The band appeared on the “Blackened Fest” in 2009 with Mayhem, and also toured with Watain, Marduk, and appeared at 2009’s inaugural Scion Rock Fest, as well as Maryland Death Fest.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 22,2011 11:41am edited Mar 22,2011 11:43am
Awesome. Make sure to part your hair to the side, wear tight jeans, and grab a subtle flannel shirt with a slight color of your choosing. Also, don't forget to grab a plain grey tshirt to wear under said flannel. Maybe, just maybe you'll be good enough for Krallice.

Only getting under Ryan's skin by poking fun at his friend's band is real. But come on, folks.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Mar 22,2011 11:43am
Yeah, not my cup of tea. I just posted it since I'm sure a few people on here will be interested.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 22,2011 11:45am
nekronaut said[orig][quote]
Yeah, not my cup of tea. I just posted it since I'm sure a few neo black metal hipsters and/or padawans on here will be interested.

Fix'd? Ha, I'm an ass right now. Just got a speeding ticket in Rhode Island.

toggletoggle post by nekronaut  at Mar 22,2011 11:48am
I hope you were wearing your seat belt.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 22,2011 11:51am
Presumably easy-to-amuse cop was not easily amused when asked why he wears a cowboy hat.

toggletoggle post by haupty at Mar 22,2011 11:51am
I like Krallice but will likely catch them with Ipsissimus and Morgirion in ct

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 22,2011 1:05pm

toggletoggle post by eyehatehippies  at Mar 22,2011 7:09pm
I dig both bands, but I'm not going to be around...

toggletoggle post by Eddie NLI at Mar 22,2011 7:12pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Awesome. Make sure to part your hair to the side, wear tight jeans, and grab a subtle flannel shirt with a slight color of your choosing. Also, don't forget to grab a plain grey tshirt to wear under said flannel. Maybe, just maybe you'll be good enough for Krallice.

Only getting under Ryan's skin by poking fun at his friend's band is real. But come on, folks.

like.

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at Mar 22,2011 8:41pm
bobnomaamrooney%20nli said[orig][quote]
I got bored of Krallice pretty quickly, just didn't do much for me. Their music strikes me as untethered, without context, noodling for the most part. It's pretty but it rings as hollow as any second-rate USBM band writing songs about their fabricated pagan heritage.

DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]
I think it was bobnomaamrooney who originally said it, but I literally cannot see the name "Krallice" now without hearing "fuuuck a-youuuuu, Krarrice!" in my head. CURSED WITH LOLS.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 22,2011 8:44pm
bobnomaamrooney said[orig][quote]
[QUOTE="bobnomaamrooney%20nli:1087327"second-rate USBM band

There's no first-rate USBM bands right now. Fact NUKE

toggletoggle post by haz dingus at Mar 22,2011 9:21pm
only first rate NEBM

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at Mar 22,2011 9:45pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
bobnomaamrooney said[orig][quote]
[QUOTE="bobnomaamrooney%20nli:1087327"second-rate USBM band

There's no first-rate USBM bands right now. Fact JAPAN

toggletoggle post by thesac at Mar 23,2011 6:48pm
uber first-race USBM bands or gtfo

toggletoggle post by ggallen666 at Mar 23,2011 6:49pm
krallice is a hipster band

toggletoggle post by cqpresents at Apr 20,2011 5:44pm
this is sunday... what better way to celebrate easter

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][7:46:03pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01179 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]