New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> RICHARD CHRISTY leaves ICED EARTH for STERN by RustedAngel on May 18,2004 10:41am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 18,2004 10:41am
cool shit, i hope he gets the job!

Drummer Richard Christy has issued the following statement regarding his decision to leave ICED EARTH:

"Hello, Richard Christy here. I just wanted to say a few things about my decision to leave ICED EARTH. First off, it was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I spent many sleepless nights wondering what to do before I made the final decision to leave the band.

"The reason I'm leaving is because at the end of June I will be auditioning to work for a legendary show that I have been a fan of for many, many years, 'The Howard Stern Show'. Howard Stern's show got me through many years of working at a day job that I didn't really enjoy, my electrician job in Orlando, Florida.

"When I heard that I was one of the ten finalists to try out for Stuttering John's job I could not believe it, it was a dream come true to even be considered. I also want to let everyone know that I don't yet have the job, I am just auditioning for the job at the end of June, then the audience will vote for who they want to replace Stuttering John. This made the decision even harder because right now I am living a metal drummer's dream by playing in one of my favorite metal bands, but the week that I am auditioning for Stuttering John's job on Howard Stern conflicts with ICED EARTH's tour schedule. What it comes down to is that if I didn't try out for the job on Howard Stern I would regret it every day for the rest of my life because that would be the greatest job I could ever dream of having.

"I really don't look forward to going back to my electrician job after touring, so if I work my ass off and do a good job working for Howard then maybe my dream will come true and I can have a permanent job working for the greatest show in the history of radio. Whatever happens, I will definitely still keep playing music, I've played the drums for twenty years now and I will never stop playing.

"Finally I want to say that I love the guys in ICED EARTH and I love the music that I've made with them over the past four years, I am a very lucky guy to have had the chance to tour around the world with one of my favorite metal bands and I'm very sorry for any trouble that I have caused by making this decision. Bobby Jarzombek is my favorite drummer and I am very much looking forward to hearing him play with the band, I know he will do an amazing job.

"Thanks and take care."

toggletoggle post by morkul  at May 18,2004 11:04am
Yeah, I heard about this yesterday on the Roddyforum. It was sad at first but hey, got to go with a dream.....

toggletoggle post by Abbath at May 18,2004 2:35pm
this is bizarre, my whole world is falling apart!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 18,2004 3:19pm
i was hoping he'd do that. it's great news. he'd be an excellent addition to the show. plus he's too good for iced earth anyway. best of luck to him.

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at May 18,2004 4:27pm
when the time does come to vote for the job on stern show, everyone must vote for christy. he has to win, or else ill kill myself if i have to listen to that loser cabbie every day

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Unspoken Endoplasmic Merkin
[default homepage] [print][6:04:57am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.00875 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]