New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Former And Current FATES WARNING Members JOHN ARCH And JIM MATHEOS Join Forces In New Project by boblovesmusic on Jan 19,2011 6:15pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jan 19,2011 6:15pm
FATES WARNING/OSI guitarist Jim Matheos and former FATES WARNING singer John Arch are currently working together on a new full-length album that will be released in late spring/early summer via Metal Blade Records. The band, called ARCH/MATHEOS, began tracking the drums on January 12 and will continue to record through mid-February with both John Arch and Jim Matheos producing the album. ARCH/MATHEOS features an all-star lineup including the talents of Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT, ANTHRAX, FATES WARNING, SEVEN WITCHES) on bass, Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, FATES WARNING, SEBASTIAN BACH, RIOT) on drums, and Frank Aresti (FATES WARNING) on additional lead guitar.

Arch's solo EP, "A Twist Of Fate", was released in 2003 through Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at the Carriage House studios in Stamford, Connecticut and featured guest appearances by Matheos, ex-DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy and Vera.

(A Twist Of Fate is one of all time favorite records. I've been waiting for new John Arch stuff for ages!!!)

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Jan 19,2011 6:22pm
wait that essentially means it's a Fates Warning album...

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jan 19,2011 7:01pm
That's what I was about to say... but I suppose if say Maiden decided to do an album with Paul Dianno all of a sudden and they didn't want to get rid of Dickenson from the band, they wouldn't call the one shot album an Iron Maiden album just out of respect to their current singer; I assume the same deference is being given to Ray Alder in this instance, who has been reliably in Fates for the twenty-five years since Arch was in it. Just a guess, though.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jan 19,2011 7:02pm
In any case, this is very cool. I've always been a big Fates fan.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Jan 20,2011 9:36am
Fates rules, this oughtta be good.

toggletoggle post by bloblovesmusic at Jun 20,2011 8:26pm
FATES WARNING/OSI guitarist Jim Matheos and former FATES WARNING singer John Arch are currently working together on a new full-length album, "Sympathetic Resonance", that will be released in North America on September 13 via Metal Blade Records. The band, called ARCH/MATHEOS, began tracking the drums on January 12 and continued to record through mid-February with both John Arch and Jim Matheos producing the album.

ARCH/MATHEOS features an all-star lineup, including the talents of Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT, ANTHRAX, FATES WARNING, SEVEN WITCHES) on bass, Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, FATES WARNING, SEBASTIAN BACH, RIOT) on drums, and Frank Aresti (FATES WARNING) on additional lead guitar.

Oh man, this excites me way too much!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 20,2011 8:30pm
I thought either colin conway or derek kerswill told me they were in this.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Jun 21,2011 12:43am
Fucking sweet.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Sep 16,2011 11:00am
I bought this yesterday and listened to it as soon as I got it! It's FANTASTIC!!! Definitely will be in my top 3 of 2011!

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Sep 16,2011 11:36am
Agreed, this is fucking awesome. I love Jim Matheos's style of guitar playing.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Sep 16,2011 12:34pm
I forgot to buy it this week...I KNEW there was something I missed.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Ungodly Seismic Fornicator
[default homepage] [print][5:47:28am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02480 secs/18 queries]
[search][refresh page]