New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Golden-Voiced Homeless Man by demondave on Jan 5,2011 9:57am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Jan 5,2011 9:57am edited Jan 5,2011 10:16am

bennyhillifier

"This clip speaks for itself -- literally. The Columbus Dispatch discovered a homeless man along Ohio's I-71 claiming to have "the God-given gift of voice." His name is Ted Williams, and he's an ex-radio announcer according to the note he scrawled on a piece of cardboard that he uses to solicit change from drivers. And wow, does Williams ever deliver for a dollar. Williams tells the Dispatch about his struggles, but thankfully "alcohol and drugs and a few other things" haven't diminished Williams' velvety vocal cords, and he says he's two years clean now.

"I have a god given gift of voice. I'm an ex-radio announcer who has fallen on hard times. Please! Any help will be greatfully appreciated. Thank you and God bless. Happy holidays," says Williams' roadside sign for help.

Like Williams, the radio industry has fallen on hard times in the past decade, but given the viral power of this video, we expect more than a few morning show and late-night appearances, and perhaps even a job, will be in Williams' near future. In fact, Reddit reports that Ted has already been tracked down by Columbus area radio show The Morning Zoo and will appear on tomorrow morning's show, so tune in! "

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jan 5,2011 10:00am edited Jan 5,2011 10:02am

I'm fascinated with this. This just went up two days ago. People jumped on it and he is getting offers. Here he is on a radio show today:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bunomous

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2011 10:02am
well thanks to youtube he'll be a flash in the pan sensation, make enough money to blow on coke and whores, and then go back to dying on the street with God's help. wooo.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jan 5,2011 10:02am
but what a ride

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at Jan 5,2011 10:33am
all pessimism aside, i hope the guy can handle the attention. if he can take the outpouring of support and not relapse, that's pretty fucking amazing. too many people out there assume that everyone who is an addict and/or homeless is a bum. i know otherwise. i hope he can help break the stereotypes. its going to be an awful lot of pressure though....

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jan 5,2011 11:31am
I like the guy. I think he is getting the right attention, and I have listened to some of the radio interviews. He may have learned from his troubles.

can't you imagine:

"You are listening to the reverend on return to the pit , here on WUHN"

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2011 11:43am
demondave said[orig][quote]

thinking the same thing, except for WUNH instead of my show on WUHN which is not return to the pit.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2011 11:44am
demondave said[orig][quote]
I like the guy. I think he is getting the right attention, and I have listened to some of the radio interviews. He may have learned from his troubles.

can't you imagine:

after finally listening to the video i agree and hope he gets another chance. i thought it was just some asshole who thought he could sing and was looking for his big break American Idol style.

toggletoggle post by slar you being served? at Jan 5,2011 2:10pm
he should fuck that ugly british broad from american idol and breed the worlds ugliest choir

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Jan 5,2011 2:52pm
He got an offer to be the announcer for the Cavs, apparently.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2011 2:54pm
despite the shittiness of the Cavs... thats a great job offer.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 5,2011 2:57pm
Hopefully he spends his first paycheck on some serious dentistry. Or, move to the UK, where his teeth would be considered normal.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2011 2:59pm
i think a haircut/bath is a higher priority

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2011 3:08pm

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Jan 5,2011 3:21pm
any relation to tim meadows?

toggletoggle post by Golden Rapio at Jan 5,2011 5:06pm
This dude is possibly a rapist - check it out for yourself. nsopw.gov, search for Ted Williams in Columbus, OH. Registration #: 355636

He's listed as homeless in the same area of Columbus as he was found by the TV dude. It looks like he spent 10 years in jail for rape. If this isn't him, then the two 50 year old black dudes named Ted Williams from Columbus OH need to have a knife fight.

RTTP scoops CNN? More likely than you think.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2011 5:07pm
well he's from Ohio...what do you expect?

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Jan 5,2011 5:08pm edited Jan 5,2011 7:03pm
i'm happy for this guy

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at Jan 5,2011 5:17pm
Golden%20Rapio said[orig][quote]
This dude is possibly a rapist - check it out for yourself. nsopw.gov, search for Ted Williams in Columbus, OH. Registration #: 355636

He's listed as homeless in the same area of Columbus as he was found by the TV dude. It looks like he spent 10 years in jail for rape. If this isn't him, then the two 50 year old black dudes named Ted Williams from Columbus OH need to have a knife fight.

RTTP scoops CNN? More likely than you think.

Even if all black guys look the same this is a reach

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2011 5:20pm
DAy Rapen ereybudy up in colambus

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Jan 5,2011 5:31pm
What a great story. I'm rooting for him.

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at Jan 5,2011 5:38pm
I don't think that's the same guy, though there are some similarities. "Ted" and "Williams" are both pretty common names and not an uncommon combination. Sometimes I wonder if people breed just so they can name their spawn after famous people.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2011 5:46pm
ya i gotta think places like MTV and the Clevandland Cavaliers would do a background check before offering a position like that. theres a difference between acceptable drug charges and rape charges.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2011 6:40pm
A black guy named ted williams? Holy shit ONE IN A MILLION SHOT! What is next, a white guy named joe smith?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2011 6:40pm
Btw: he and I bot have a face for radio.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Jan 5,2011 6:40pm

Teddy fucking ballpark hits it all the way to lansdowne

I am ashamed now one has posted this yet! come on/r/

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2011 6:41pm
Nice homoerotica.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jan 5,2011 11:06pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5991313

Cleveland cavaliers offered him job. i hope he stays cleans and pursues his dreams.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 7,2011 2:42pm
i feel this man has a responsibility to use his fame and impending financial stabililty to help give back to the homeless community. hopefully he does so

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/2...a-community-with-few-second-chances

toggletoggle post by sethrich   at Jan 7,2011 10:40pm
Dude has done a mac & cheese commercial already.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 7,2011 10:51pm
rapey

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jan 8,2011 8:02am
YOU GONNA GET
MAC AND CHEEZE

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jan 8,2011 8:05am

toggletoggle post by Golden Rapio at Jan 8,2011 1:40pm
Based on those mugshots I must conclude that there are two homeless Ted Williamses residing within several blocks of each other in Columbus, OH. Extrapolating, I calculate that there are 1,156,956 of them in the USA.

toggletoggle post by Golden Rapio at Jan 8,2011 1:42pm

toggletoggle post by sethrich   at Jan 11,2011 8:40pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][6:58:57am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.05591 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]