New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> PENTAGRAM new album in april by the_reverend on Nov 18,2010 10:49am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 18,2010 10:49am

PENTAGRAM: NEW ALBUM COMING IN APRIL

BOBBY LIEBLING CONFESSES BELIEF IN "THE MAN UPSTAIRS"

MetalSucks contributor Leyla Ford recently spoke with PENTAGRAM frontman Bobby Liebling. Liebling shared some news about the band's forthcoming album, as well as what he's been up to nowadays:

ON THE NEW ALBUM:

You’re off to record the Last Ritesalbum soon, I believe?

I leave Wednesday morning and we start recording the album this coming Sunday night [November 21].

I’m sure you’re pretty excited about it. Can you tell me a bit about the new record?

Actually, the songs on Last Ritesare predominantly, I’d say two-thirds [of them are] songs I wrote in 1970, and if you’re familiar with any Pentagram stuff at all… you know each album is usually a sixty-forty split. Sixty percent is stuff that I did in the early ‘70s, and forty percent is collaborations and new stuff. The upcoming album is slated to have thirteen songs, but we don’t know if we’re going to be able to record all of them. We’re going to try to get it all in. It’s going to be a shorter album, but it’ll be part of a double-disc set with an hour-long live DVD from last year’s Maryland Deathfest.

Is there a definite release date for it?

No, not a definite date, but it’s scheduled to be released in early April. I was told by my superiors [laughs], as it were, that I shouldn’t talk about the record label, but I will say that we’ve got a multi-album deal and it’s with a significant, well, let’s say the largest label I’ve ever been on.

That’s great, congratulations!

Thank you, it’s been long enough coming. 2011 marks Pentagram’s fortieth anniversary.

Wow, that’s a good, long run. Hopefully with many more years to come.

We’ll see! That’s why I’m calling it Last Rites, just in case! But there are four songs that are brand-new, and the other nine consist of several I wrote on my own, and a few I wrote with my original drummer, Geof O’Keefe. Those are the ones scheduled to be on there. But one of the old ones might go, as well as a new one. We’re doing a cram course, you might call it. All the other Pentagram albums that have been done were recorded over a three-month period. This album is going to be done in three weeks. We’re rehearsing it five days, that’s it, and these songs have never been played by anyone in the band [currently].

ON HIS LIFE THESE DAYS:

My life has changed in a great deal of ways. I met my wife, and the last three years I’ve had a very, very different life. I’ve been clean for the first time after forty years of drug addiction — that’s a long, long time. Now I have a baby, and a house, and a dog, and a picket fence and backyard and all that stuff! Being straight is a really new awakening for me, and it’s really fantastic. And some people might think it’s corny, but I just tribute it to the guy upstairs nowadays. Pentagram was never a “Satan” band like people think it was, it was always just giving you the layout, like the album says, of your choices, because you have to make a choice, and there are two ways you can go. The songs were sort of like warning,s and people mistook those for us being black metal and all that kind of stuff. Then came the eras of the death metal and black metal bands, a lot of them were influenced [by us] supposedly, and they tell me on tours and stuff, but, you know…

To read the full interview, visit:
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/11/17/penta...-liebling-the-metalsucks-interview/
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Pentagram

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Nov 18,2010 10:53am
yeah it's funny how people don't want to believe that pentagram is not satanic. he always sang about personal duality.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Nov 18,2010 11:55am
It's great that he's clean now but at that show in June I was a little nervous because he looked like he could fall apart or disintegrate at any second. Very frail in appearance, but apparently not so since he put on a slammin' show. Please have Victor playing on the album.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Nov 18,2010 12:05pm
eh kinda wish they wouldnt

toggletoggle post by posbleak   at Nov 18,2010 12:29pm
I hope they make a stop in Boston so I can knock out his woman and steal all of her shoes. Holy shit does she ever have a wardrobe.

toggletoggle post by degenerate bastard at Nov 18,2010 1:03pm
fri jan 7th @ club Hell , PENTAGRAM only NE show !!!

toggletoggle post by arkquimanthorn at Jun 1,2011 2:42pm
this album rules. bobby sounds great and of course, holy shit, the guitar tone.

toggletoggle post by Mark_R at Jun 1,2011 3:13pm
Great album. Sounds like Pentagram. Is that Victor singing on American Dream?

toggletoggle post by arkquimanthorn at Jun 1,2011 3:27pm
yeah, i read the song is basically about how victor's motorcycle business got fucked over. i'm glad it's getting good reviews, it's such a solid album.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jun 1,2011 4:34pm
Great record!

toggletoggle post by eyeroller at Jun 1,2011 4:58pm
This sounds like a thousand other things that came out this year. Yawn.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jun 1,2011 5:37pm
^ you have an aversion to riffs and a penchant for disrespecting your elders

toggletoggle post by eyeroller at Jun 1,2011 6:13pm
I'm not going to argue that, you could be correct. I am, however, a lifelong Pentagram fan. Big let down, this new one. Just being honest.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][7:12:05pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01177 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]