New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Attn: Rev + other vegetarian pansies by largefreakatzero on Sep 26,2010 2:45pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 26,2010 2:45pm
No, I am not posting to harrass your strange diet choices.

Ichiban - Concord, NH has a Vegetarian Dinner for $12 that consists of:

Salad w/ginger dressing
Mushroom soup
Vegetable tempura (fucking delicious)
Veggie fried rice, hibachi vegetables and 2 tofu cakes (all excellent)
Dessert (green tea ice cream is one of the choices)

Don't worry, many fish died to please my palate while my wife gnoshed on veggies. I always eat some of hers too - that veggie tempura gives me a stiffy.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 26,2010 2:47pm
Eat a steak, eat a steak, seat a big 'ole steer.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 26,2010 2:49pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 26,2010 4:06pm
i will drive there and try it.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 26,2010 4:26pm
Relax, Hose. I still eat steak and all forms of recently deceased delicious animals. I just appreciate awesome food regardless of its origin.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 26,2010 4:27pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
i will drive there and try it.

http://www.ichibanconcord.com/

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 26,2010 4:29pm
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
Relax, Hose. I still eat steak and all forms of recently deceased delicious animals. I just appreciate awesome food regardless of its origin.
itt: hoser gets colon cancer

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 26,2010 6:27pm
Nope...I eat piles of veggies too. Love the salads, especially Caesar.

But dude, a diet without meat is not only counter-human as we are omnivores, but it's also downright fucking gay. Have your dumb hippy ass a piece of meat...be it chicken, steak, pork, lamb....whatever. You will ENJOY your food, not just stuff mindless garbage into your face simply to stay alive. You have one life, retard. Live it.

By the way....whatever you do, be it stay a complete pussy, or join the rest of the man-world...I support you. I don't know why...but I still support you. Fag.

toggletoggle post by Your father at Sep 26,2010 7:13pm
Vegan? Don't give me that shit nancy boy. When you come home for the fucking weekend you will eat whatever your mother cooks. I don't care about whatever faggot ideas you're getting from the 13th grade dining hall, you will eat that chicken and fucking like it or I will make you eat it.

Listen up, taint tickler, since you won't eat that chicken how about I bring the dog inside and have your mom make you a nice big dogshit sandwich with bacon? Would you like that you dong sniffing piece of shit failure?

toggletoggle post by Your father at Sep 26,2010 7:15pm
Look son, I knew you were a hippy faggot what with all the dope smoking business but I figured since you love to suck cock so much you wouldn't be that upset about eating some meat that wasn't attached to a Filipino guy.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Sep 26,2010 7:18pm
I just ate ostrich for the first time yesterday, shit was good but not worth the price, unless it has better nutritional value

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 26,2010 7:43pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
I eat piles of veggies
faggot.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Sep 26,2010 10:52pm
Not knocking on anyone, but there is a theory that vegetarians and people who rely on farms in general are the downfall of mankind.

Think about it, if we all just foraged and hunted and never bothered with pastoralism we'd all still be living in very small communities without overpopulation, pollution, and all the major wars since the dawn of farming.

sure, we wouldn't have technology or most medicines but who gives a fuck.

I'd rather be out hunting deer in the morning for dinner than typing on this computer and going off to work for some rich fucks' benefit.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 26,2010 10:56pm
I don't know, while hunting is pretty cool I'd rather use the internet to find videos of girls fucking each other for a good wank AND be able to hunt with guns.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Sep 26,2010 11:00pm
TheRidersofDoom said[orig][quote]
Not knocking on anyone, but there is a theory that vegetarians and people who rely on farms in general are the downfall of mankind.

Think about it, if we all just foraged and hunted and never bothered with pastoralism we'd all still be living in very small communities without overpopulation, pollution, and all the major wars since the dawn of farming.

I'd rather be out hunting deer in the morning for dinner than typing on this computer and going off to work for some rich fucks' benefit.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 26,2010 11:06pm
his post is hilarious. of course there were no wars before there was farming. since the wars before that where just like geno bar fights. no farm, no groups over 21 people. no people living over 35. no 2girls1cup. fuck that. and if you don't think there would be over population, tell it to the rats.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Sep 27,2010 12:39am
This thread is full of retardation. Don't eat meat or you're not a pussy.

toggletoggle post by martins-richard simmons at Sep 27,2010 7:51am
Omg, guise what about biochemestry, and meeting genetic potential via consuming foods with adequate nutrition? What about b-12 and folate?! OMG GI JOE GOES IN MAI BUmSKI?

toggletoggle post by couch_drummer at Sep 27,2010 7:52am
Are drugs teh meatz?

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Sep 27,2010 8:19am
people who rely on farms = everyone

toggletoggle post by mutis  at Sep 27,2010 10:11am
As a vegan, I actually have no problem with meat. As long as you kill it yourself. I would actually be a pescetarian if Lake Champlain wasn't filled with shit runoffs from all those dairy farms and douchebag assholes washing their precious cars in the street.

As for hoser, I agree that humans are omnivorous animals. Before the use of tools and agriculture, our ancestors feasted on a variety of nuts, berries and vegetables, with the addition of insects and the occasional small rodent when they were able to catch one. Though I don't see people eating the latter.

sxealex is right. Unless you only eat fish and food you find in the wild, you rely on farms. I've had many retarded fellows try to tell me that there isn't enough farmland in the world for everyone to be vegan:

"To produce 1 pound of feedlot beef requires about 2,400 gallons of water and 7 pounds of grain." -World Resources Institute.

That's a lot of farmland for even a happy meal.

"You only live once." Yeah, great, I want to have a nice life where I don't know how to cook, I have stomach pains every day and die in agony at the ripe age of 43 from colon cancer. For most of us, it's not about "meat is murder" or "being gay hippies", it's about eating whatever the fuck we want, and it doesn't happen to include meat.

So shut the fuck up about us vegan/vegetarians. If the government wasn't using tax money to make meat and dairy affordable, you would be vegan, too.

Also, that food sounds great.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 27,2010 10:13am edited Sep 27,2010 10:18am
RidersofDoom said

Everything is all part of the progression. If we didn't eat meat, our brains would not have developed from those of the monkeys, and we wouldn't have technology or medicine or large scale wars either.

The advent of hunting/gathering and farming were both necessary steps for everything that came afterwards in technology; it is as valid to point out the good parts of those systems as it is to blame them for the bad stuff that happened afterwards because of them. Not an either/or thing.

And I thought being a vegetarian meant you never had to pay $12 for dinner.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 27,2010 10:14am
mutis said[orig][quote]
As a vegan, I actually have no problem with meat. As long as you kill it yourself.
this

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 27,2010 10:16am
if everything in the past was so awesome, let's go back to when we ate nothing but dinosaur diarrhea.

toggletoggle post by mutis   at Sep 27,2010 10:26am
if everything in the past was so awesome, let's go back to when we ate nothing but dinosaur diarrhea.

Is there a vegan version?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 27,2010 10:50am
The point of this thread was definitely lost.

toggletoggle post by mutis   at Sep 27,2010 10:54am
In my experience, you can't have a thread with the word "vegetarian" in it without it becoming a shit-flinging debate.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Sep 27,2010 11:13am

Have you been reading the origin of species as rewritten by Sarah Palin?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 27,2010 11:15am
mutis said[orig][quote]
In my experience, you can't have a thread with the word "vegetarian" in it without it becoming a shit-flinging debate.

True, true.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 27,2010 11:15am
looks like someone needs a little jesus in his life.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 11:18am
All food is good.
/thread

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 27,2010 11:19am edited Sep 27,2010 11:20am
looks like someone needs a little jesus in his life.

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Sep 27,2010 11:20am
ITT: n00bs who don't understand that arguing with Hoser is a colossal waste of time

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 11:25am
Meet hoser in real life and you'll be surprised at how awesome the guy is.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Sep 27,2010 11:39am
If only they would put soylent green on the market.

In other news, wonder how fucked up having GMO animals in the market will be, funny thing is there are already tonnnnnnsss of GMO vegetables, including soybeans, which are literally in more shit than corn is.

Can't wait to see all the people out there scared of it, though personally I will be refraining from eating such beasts, just seems immoral.

but fuck plants, they can do whatever they want to them.

toggletoggle post by mutis   at Sep 27,2010 11:50am
Most soy bean products you would buy at the supermarket are GMO free because they grow so easily. When people are talking about "80% of soy is GMO", they're usually referring to really low-quality stuff that ends up as livestock feed and pet food. Processed soy is nasty anyway, organic or not.

GMOs are scary, but I'd be more concerned with the artificial hormones they pump into dairy cows. When you ingest beef or drink milk that has this, you body absorbs the hormones which is stored in lipids. No joke, it actually tricks part of your brain and your body adjusts itself slightly as if you were pregnant. That's not very manly.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 11:56am
Only high fructose corn syrip and aspartame is real. Also, anything with mercury and lead.

toggletoggle post by mutis   at Sep 27,2010 12:02pm
only cupcaketarianism is real.

toggletoggle post by Jonahatwork at Sep 27,2010 12:53pm
facepalm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 27,2010 12:59pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
All food is good.
/thread
I like all food except mainstream rap and country and western.

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at Sep 27,2010 1:24pm
Cant find the quote/reply button in text mode on this tiny phone screen so to whoever said the comment about monkeys & our brains evolving beyond theirs because we eat meat etc etc... Chimps practice cannibalism. That is all.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 27,2010 1:24pm
mutis said[orig][quote]
As a vegan, I actually have no problem with meat. As long as you kill it yourself.
this

thirded.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 1:36pm
ValkyrieScreams said[orig][quote]
Chimps practice cannibalism. That is all.

Truth. Because of this, Bonobos are better than chimps. Very limited reports of cannibalism (disputed at that) and they're not as aggressive as chimps. Ongoing studies of bonobos' social interactions are proving they're more like humans on an emotional level, rather than chimps. Bonobos (formerly "Pygmy chimps") > chimps.
Sorry, just read some study on them haha

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at Sep 27,2010 1:56pm
"...just read some study on them"

Had to watch the cannibal chimp episode of Planet Earth @ work today for what feels like the 50th time this year. I could take a bullet right now.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 2:01pm

Dessert (green tea ice cream)

One of the best ice cream flavors.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 2:06pm
you have to watch that all the time? thAt sucks, that one is zzzzz
How much does that DVD set cost? I need to get it

toggletoggle post by mutis  at Sep 27,2010 2:33pm
"The early primates probably were small nocturnal predators living in the fine branches of trees (Cartmill, 1972, 1974; Allman, 1977; Martin, 1979); some primates have retained this mode of life, but most have become larger, diurnal folivores or frugivores. Frugivorous diet is correlated positively with brain size and the amount of neocortex relative to body size in Primates (Stephan and Andy, 1970; Clutton-Brock and Harvery, 1980). This association between frugivorous diet and enlarged brain and neocortex may be related to the special demands imposed because a fruit eater's food supply is not constant; different plants bear fruit at different times and at different locations in the complex matrix of the tropical forest (Allman, 1977). Clearly, an animal guided by memory of the locations of fruit-bearing trees can more efficiently exploit the available fruit sources than would otherwise be possible. Thus natural selection would have favored the development in frugivorous primates of capacities for visuospatial memory, which may be localized in a particular area or set of areas."

-PRIMATE BRAIN EVOLUTION, METHODS AND CONCEPTS, edited by Este Armstrong and Dean Falk. New York, Plenum Press, 1982. "Reonstructing the Evolution of the Brain in Primates Through The Use of Comparative Neuophysiological and Neuroanatomical Data" by John Allman. Page 21

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 2:35pm
That data is 30-40 years old

toggletoggle post by mutis  at Sep 27,2010 2:49pm
I'm almost that old, too!

I just thought it was interesting. All it's really saying is that "species that use their brains more are smarter." Though you could also use the same argument about hunting.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Sep 27,2010 2:49pm
It doesn't take into effect the change in primate diet that yielded from the digital age. (refer to rttp wiki timeline)

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 3:07pm
Honestly, I dont think intelligence and diet have much in common when it comes to certain happenings; we all turn to desperation when one is hungry and there's no food around. For example, our main instinct is survival- it is by this notion that humans can turn to cannibalism (unless you live in Papua New Guinea and practice it through rituals). Other animals turn to cannibalism out of desperation as well, but also to display dominance and other basic innate characteristics.
That being said, after thousands of years of experimenting and figuring out what the human stomach can and can't handle, we as a species as evolved as omnivores. An example of this can be how wisdom teeth are slowly being faded out. We don't necessarily need them anymore.
But it really boils down to personal choice. We have the knowledge of what each food item does to us, whether it be veggie or meat. I chose both, although I understand the dangers of GMO food.
I feel the next necessary step of human diet evolution is actually a reverse concept: we are to eat insects. A handful of grasshoppers has more protein than a slab of steak. As humans, it's our job to consume and destroy everything in our path. Kitchen moths, I'm looking at you!

toggletoggle post by mutis  at Sep 27,2010 3:11pm
I inadvertently at many, many cocooned moths last summer. Discovered the infestation long after it was too late.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 3:11pm
Seriously, eat insects or gtfo!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 3:18pm
wait, what's this have to do with that restaurant again?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 27,2010 3:22pm
most insects are total fags.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 3:29pm
Gary Paulsen's Hatchet taught me that eating bugs results in awesome books

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 27,2010 3:36pm
Bear Grylls: Motivational Speaker
http://www.everestspeakersbureau.com/bear.htm

toggletoggle post by martins the lovable social darwinist at Sep 27,2010 3:47pm
oh hai guize, it's me again! as an expert in the fields nutrition, social, and economic theory, i purpose a strict fruitarian diet! an increasing population will outgrow its food supply, thus resulting in the starvation of the weakest and a malthusian catastrophe, Lulz!!!!111

toggletoggle post by mikeofdecrepitude at Sep 27,2010 3:50pm
Don't you mean propose, you little rascal you?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 27,2010 4:30pm

Yeah, for Christ sakes. All I did was post a good veggie meal for those who care about such things. Shitstorm ensues...

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 4:32pm
That wasn't martins, was it?

toggletoggle post by blue  at Sep 27,2010 4:33pm
post-apocalypse hunting for survival or GTFO and be a fag veggie head

toggletoggle post by mutis   at Sep 27,2010 4:42pm
blue said[orig][quote]
post-apocalypse hunting for survival or GTFO and be a fag veggie head

Unless wild game is infected with the zombie virus, too.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 27,2010 4:44pm
Then you just take rad-x before or RadAway after all meals.

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at Sep 27,2010 5:04pm

Yeah, for Christ sakes. All I did was post a good veggie meal for those who care about such things. Shitstorm ensues...

Talking about the evolution of diet and the brain isn't really a shitstorm. On that note, I could really go for the "fried" tofu rolls w/ peanut sauce from Da Lat in Worcester right now. Whether you're vegetarian, vegan, or omnivore, they're damn good. Try em next time you're here and thank me later. And get an avocado boba shake while you're at it.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Sep 27,2010 8:07pm
mutis said[orig][quote]
If the government wasn't using tax money to make meat and dairy affordable, you would be vegan, too.

I don't know how to say this without coming off as a prick, but you're wrong. At least in your insinuation that the government doesn't subsidize the "vegetarian" industries. Watch King Corn or Food Inc or The Oiling of America. Read The Vegetarian Myth. The average soy/corn/wheat farmer would lose 3 dollars for every acre he/she farms if not for the massive gov't subsidies they receive. I have no problem with people that eat what they want to eat just because but if you're going to try to back it up with "facts," at least make sure they're true.

I don't kill my own meat (yet) but that doesn't mean I condone factory farming of any sort. Whenever possible I buy my meat from a local small farmer. I buy my milk local and raw.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Sep 27,2010 8:11pm
Honestly, I dont think intelligence and diet have much in common when it comes to certain happenings; we all turn to desperation when one is hungry and there's no food around.

100% correct. When it comes down to life or death, a human will eat anything. But ask yourself, is that optimal?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Sep 27,2010 8:11pm
also hai guyse

toggletoggle post by CColostomy at Sep 27,2010 8:19pm
Martins said[orig][quote]
mutis said[orig][quote]
If the government wasn't using tax money to make meat and dairy affordable, you would be vegan, too.

I don't know how to say this without coming off as a prick, but you're wrong. At least in your insinuation that the government doesn't subsidize the "vegetarian" industries. Watch King Corn or Food Inc or The Oiling of America. Read The Vegetarian Myth. The average soy/corn/wheat farmer would lose 3 dollars for every acre he/she farms if not for the massive gov't subsidies they receive. I have no problem with people that eat what they want to eat just because but if you're going to try to back it up with "facts," at least make sure they're true.

I don't kill my own meat (yet) but that doesn't mean I condone factory farming of any sort. Whenever possible I buy my meat from a local small farmer. I buy my milk local and raw.

King Corn is back'd.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 27,2010 8:27pm
milk, way to drink a bunch of puss and fuck up your immune system.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Sep 27,2010 9:06pm
I don't drink milk very often anyway but when I do it's local and RAW - which is key. Raw milk still has lactase which is the enzyme that breaks down lactose, the thing a lot of people are intolerant to.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 9:15pm
Raw milk, like straight outta the nipple?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Sep 27,2010 9:52pm
Unpasteurized, yes.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 27,2010 10:02pm
Hot.

toggletoggle post by HTR   at Sep 27,2010 10:03pm

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Sep 27,2010 10:36pm

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Sep 27,2010 10:40pm
Honestly, I dont think intelligence and diet have much in common when it comes to certain happenings; we all turn to desperation when one is hungry and there's no food around.
Smarty pants folks say the advent of cooking allowed us to consume massive amounts of protein and calories in small amounts of time, contributing to the nomadic hunter-gatherer's brain span and ability for more downtime/rest/strategizing/communication/brain-stimulating activities.

toggletoggle post by Slag nli at Sep 27,2010 11:02pm
Have not read the thread, but I eat food. Is this cool?

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney nli at Sep 27,2010 11:10pm
Where's Our Food Your Gullet when you need them?

Also, NIGGERS

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][9:29:13am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.03074 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]