New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> ATTN: IT negroes, what the fuck is up with my computer? by sever on Sep 25,2010 11:33am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 25,2010 11:33am
It randomly turned to a black screen. Now anytime I boot it, it displays a white flash with random geometric patterns that slowly fades to black. Nothing starts to boot, no POST beep, nada. The only keystrokes it responds to is the CTRL ALT DEL combo, which immediately reboots the computer only to do the same thing. Leaving it on for extended periods doesn't activate startup repair. Taking out the battery or unplugging the power source doesn't change anything. I feel like a piece of hardware is fried but I don't know. Dell is an abortion of a company and didn't include an installation disk for the OS, so I might have to resort to pirating if I need it....

Ideas? Anyone? I'm especially pissed because I may have lost 10 minutes of some brand new music.... :(

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 25,2010 11:48am
my advice is the same as with anyone, suck on some wieners! cool!

toggletoggle post by IllinoisEnemaBradness at Sep 25,2010 11:48am
sounds like your display inverter crapped out, can you plug in an external monitor?

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 25,2010 11:49am
sucking on wieners has done only good things for my life

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 25,2010 11:50am
IllinoisEnemaBradness said[orig][quote]
sounds like your display inverter crapped out, can you plug in an external monitor?

hmmm... indeed I can. I will try this.

toggletoggle post by Slag nli at Sep 25,2010 11:53am
Send me that song or your computer is a pussy. Id go with trying to plug in a new monitor. I've had experience with the ribbon cable that connects the lcd to the laptop going bad.

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 25,2010 12:00pm
Slag%20nli said[orig][quote]
Send me that song or your computer is a pussy. Id go with trying to plug in a new monitor. I've had experience with the ribbon cable that connects the lcd to the laptop going bad.

I legitimately had just put the folder into a zip file and was waiting for megaupload to copy it to their slow ass servers when this happened.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Sep 25,2010 3:49pm
Don't worry about your music. The hard drive's probably fine. No POST = hardware issues though. Sounds like the video card is fried. Or maybe motherboard or memory. It being a laptop, only thing you can do is swap memory out or try only 1 SODIMM (if there are 2 installed that is) before you either chuck it or send it back to Dell for repair. Out of Warranty repair is usually a few hundred bucks for business line shit. You may have just found a new replacement for the yellow pages elevating that 1 leg of your couch in the corner where the floor dips down a little bit.

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 25,2010 3:56pm
external video output results in no signal... shits fucked.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 25,2010 5:50pm
This sounds nothing like the inverter. Msd haas the right idea.

toggletoggle post by HTR   at Sep 25,2010 6:42pm
Indeed, save the drive.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Sep 26,2010 5:19am
i happen to have two extra videocards for sale. i will sell them for $20 each. one is a ati radeon 2600 and the other is this ASUS custom one from new egg or something.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Sep 26,2010 10:13am
Sweet. Sever, buy 'em and duct tape them to the bottom of the laptop.

toggletoggle post by Maxwell Smart‘s shoe phone at Sep 26,2010 11:07am
This definitely sounds like a problem with the video card. It is pretty easy and cheap to get an enclosure/adapter for your hard drive to make it be a USB external HD and you will have full access to your data on any machine.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Sep 26,2010 11:24am
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said[orig][quote]
Sweet. Sever, buy 'em and duct tape them to the bottom of the laptop.

lolzzzzzz

toggletoggle post by ArrowHeadNLI at Sep 26,2010 12:13pm
That sucks. 10 minutes of music, for me that's like 6 months worth of work!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 26,2010 12:16pm
you make music now? since when?

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 26,2010 2:40pm
Randy_Marsh said[orig][quote]
i happen to have two extra videocards for sale. i will sell them for $20 each. one is a ati radeon 2600 and the other is this ASUS custom one from new egg or something.

I may take up your offer on the 2600. I have a PC that I've been intending to upgrade for a few years...

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Sep 27,2010 8:28am

Actually... what are the specs on the ASUS?

toggletoggle post by W.O.P.R. at Sep 27,2010 9:48am

SUCH A STRANGE GAME
THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS
NOT TO PLAY

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 28,2010 8:41am
sever said[orig][quote]

I may take up your offer on the 2600. I have a PC that I've been intending to upgrade for a few years...

bump do want

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][6:57:16pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01241 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]