New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Bob Dylan In Lowell. by LPCustom on Sep 23,2010 10:15pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 23,2010 10:15pm
At the Tsongas Center November 20th. My pants = crapped. I'll level with you - he's not very good live, but I will see him anytime/anyplace. Can't wait for this!

toggletoggle post by Fuck Logging In at Sep 23,2010 10:46pm
He seems it or miss live. His early acoustic live records have some awesome performances.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Sep 23,2010 11:33pm
I have always wanted to see him live , but feel like I will be disappointed if I do.

toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 24,2010 12:40am
Here's the thing. I've seen recent YouTube videos and it didn't seem bad at all live. Last year I saw him at McCoy Stadium (with Willie Nelson and Mellencamp - Willie Nelson is fucking great) and his voice was pretty bad. I'm hoping the indoor acoustics and maybe a better mix might help, but the bottom line is that the man is a living legend and I own almost all of his albums. Might be my favorite artist depending on the day so I will not miss him live especially right down the street from my house (sort of).

toggletoggle post by Fuck Logging In at Sep 24,2010 1:18am
I saw him live in like 2001-2ish and had a good time. But looking back now the sound was really crappy. But the dude played for like 3 hours straight with no opening act. So that's pretty fucking impressive on itself.

toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 24,2010 1:33am
Not to change topic - but on the topic of 3 hours live - Bruce Fucking Springsteen. Best show I've ever seen no contest. 3 1/2 hours non-stop. Dude is not human and absolutely life-changing live.

I'm pretty jealous you got to see him in that time frame though, and would have killed to see him touring for "Love And Theft" but life goes on. I still think his current records are absolutely killer though. Together Through Life got a bad rap in certain places and I completely disagree.

toggletoggle post by Your father at Sep 24,2010 1:58am
Now this is some real fucking music, son. None of that faggot bullshit with the niggers and you pretending you grew up in the "hood" when I busted my fucking ass drywalling, painting and doing every fucking thing with my contracting business so you wouldn't have to do the same. And look where it got me, a trick back, a fat fucking cunt of a wife and a little shithead ingrate of a son who's too much a burnout to get into a decent fucking school with a goddamned motherfucking scholarship.

toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 24,2010 2:19am
Swing and Miss.

toggletoggle post by t2daeek  at Sep 24,2010 7:23am
o hai dad.

get fucked.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Sep 24,2010 7:40am
tsongas arena? what shitty venue to see bob dylan at.

Saw Bob a few years back when he did that one off show at the palladium. Bob dylan in a sold out 2000 person venue? Fuck yeah. At $75 a ticket it was the most expensive show I've ever bought a ticket for. Totally worth it.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Sep 24,2010 7:51am
LPCustom said[orig][quote]
Swing and Miss.

toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 24,2010 2:30pm
I missed that Palladium show and was pretty bummed. I still can't forgive myself for missing Dylan/Costello in Manchester on his Modern Times tour. Elvis Costello is phenomenal.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 24,2010 2:32pm
he was pretty good at the Newport Folk Festival a few years back. I got to work the show because of my summer job at the time. Kind of awesome to get paid to watch a legend.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 24,2010 2:33pm
Fuck this shit. Dylan cant sing worth shit anymore. He needs to hang it up

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Sep 24,2010 2:35pm
brian_dc said[orig][quote]
Newport Folk Festival

Win

toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 24,2010 3:13pm
brian_dc. If memory serves correct didn't you say you got to see Dave Brubeck working at that job too? Jealous as fuck right now, haha.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 24,2010 3:15pm
those were the good days, man. State Park ranger.

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Sep 24,2010 3:24pm
i really hate this dude. His voice is like nails on a chalk board to me.

toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 24,2010 9:11pm
I probably stand alone in this and will likely take a ton of shit here but will say it anyway - I don't feel as though you have much of a valid argument to complain about vocals if you listen to a great deal of metal. Just my opinion and I understand if no one else here feels this way.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 25,2010 12:58am
The more I grow up, the more I laugh at metal vocals. Truth.

toggletoggle post by LPCustom at Sep 25,2010 1:39am
That's what I'm saying, man. I don't listen to metal anymore at all, but still kick around here cause everyone's pretty cool. I completely understand why I used to like metal and why people still do and will continue to - but if you're really gonna talk about "vocals" as a metal fan I don't know how seriously I can take a "nails on a chalk board" comment in regards to someone like Dylan.

toggletoggle post by Fuck Logging In at Sep 25,2010 2:25am
If you don't like Dylan there sometyhing wrong with YOU, motherfucker.

toggletoggle post by barbeloh at Sep 25,2010 10:33am
bob dylan slays! I haven't seen him since '99 but he smoked that place.

think what you will of that voice, it suits the material perfectly - sure as hell beats Roger McGuinn singing those songs.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WfQ8jnL2x4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WfQ8jnL2x4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][9:16:55pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.03719 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]