toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 14,2010 11:45pm
SLUMDOG BASTARD YA TWISTED ME AGAIN!

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Sep 15,2010 12:48am
pfft

toggletoggle post by MOVIE POLICE at Sep 15,2010 12:49am
HAND OVER YOUR LICENSE TO MAKE MOVIES YOU FOOL

GO BACK TO INDIASTAN

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Sep 15,2010 11:11am
looks mad gay yo. someone needs to smash this guys knee caps and drain his bank account.

toggletoggle post by rotting corpse of gene siskel at Sep 15,2010 11:45am
This prick rips off all his material from the Scary Movie franchise. Can't believe no one has pointed that out yet.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 15,2010 12:25pm
aaron_michael said[orig][quote]
looks mad gay yo. someone needs to smash this guys knee caps and drain his bank account.

Drain his knee fluid too.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Sep 15,2010 1:19pm
It looks good....but so does every Shamalamadingdong shitpile he releases...will not pay to see it

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 15,2010 1:25pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
It looks good....but so does every Shamalamadingdong shitpile he releases...will not pay to see it

truth. he should only be allowed to make previews and have nothing to do with the actually full length movies themselves.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 15,2010 2:08pm
Fuck you, The happening was fucking awesome!

HAHAHAHA!! It actually hurt to say that. M. Night sinalong sucks ass, and every single one of his movies blows goats.

toggletoggle post by M. Night Shyamalan at Sep 15,2010 3:11pm
Get a job!

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Sep 15,2010 3:46pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]

truth. he should only be allowed to make previews and have nothing to do with the actually full length movies themselves.

He only wrote the story. he's not the director

toggletoggle post by DreadKill  at Sep 15,2010 3:48pm
worst filmmaker of all time

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 15,2010 3:52pm
zyklon said[orig][quote]

well his writing is usually the worst part.

toggletoggle post by M NIGHT SHYALAMAN NAKED IN PILE OF CASH at Sep 15,2010 4:06pm
KEEP TALKING SHIT AND I'LL WRITE A SCRIPT ABOUT THE SO CALLED LIVES OF THE LOSERS WHO USE THIS BOARD. NOW THATS SOME SCARY SHIT.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 15,2010 4:11pm
DO IT YOU WONT FAGGOT

toggletoggle post by DreadKill  at Sep 15,2010 4:23pm
write it or you're a pussy

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Sep 15,2010 4:27pm
m night shamalamadingdong

toggletoggle post by RustyPS should be working at Sep 15,2010 4:43pm
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]
m night shamalamadingdong
that was a post of the "re" variety

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 15,2010 4:51pm edited Sep 16,2010 11:34am
coincidence?

I THINK NOT

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Sep 15,2010 7:12pm
zyklon said[orig][quote]

well his writing is usually the worst part.

It might not suck actually. Shyamalan is only producing the movie. The script was written mostly between the guy who wrote HARD CANDY and 30 DAYS OF NIGHT and the Dowdles brothers, who are directing and did QUARANTINE and THE POUGHKEEPSIE TAPES. I've been saying for a while now that the smartest thing M. Night Shyamalan could do to keep his career alive is to produce/direct other people's shit because his writing went downhill years ago.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 21,2010 1:06pm
THE OLD LADY IS THE DEVIL

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 21,2010 1:41pm
BobNOMAAMRooney%20nli said[orig][quote]
THE OLD LADY IS THE DEVIL

plot twists are not so twisty after it comes to light that it's all you can really do well

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Sep 21,2010 1:51pm
oh my god the old lady is the devil holy shit a plot twist in something associated with m knight shlamburgler oh my god no i can't believe it's the most unlikely person in the plot but is the most likely candidate in a gay gay gay movie ugh.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 21,2010 3:09pm
Let's discuss this movie.

1. Yes. The old lady is the devil. The real spoiler here is that Shyamalan has become so synonymous with the OMFGz plot twist that the movie itself becomes a game of hunt the plot twist. You spend the whole time thinking OMFGz I bet it's this guy!! and forget that there's even a movie going on.

2. This was a really cheaply done film. Everything was so rushed. For a film that was supposedly about 5 people trapped in an elevator I felt like I was having a new character (back story and all) thrown at me every 5 minutes. The ex-marine's girlfriend that get's slapped on at the end was the straw that broke the camel's back. "He had a job interview and didn't want to bring his tools. boo hoo!" Job interview for what? Maintenance worker? Maybe... they only had 1 for the whole 40 story building.

3. Shyamalan has a real fascination with the power of storytelling. He used to be very subtle about it: the media coverage of the aliens in signs juxtaposed with the "swing away" story of the dead mother, Bruce Willis convincing himself he's still alive through only seeing what he wanted, the ability of the people in The Village to keep their villagers unaware of the outside world through stories of monsters. Etc. Then something happened.

My take on it was that the Village came out, and everyone was expecting this paranormal horror film, and what they ended up with was a beautifully made film that got shit on because everyone was playing hunt the plot twist and didn't like what they got. So he went out and made Lady in the Water: a story about a story and people telling and re-enacting a story (the hero of it all being Shyamalan himself). It was so over the top in it's fairy tale supernatural-ness that you just rolled your eyes at it for 90 minutes. I always thought of Lady in the Water as Shyamalan's fuck you to fans and critics for not liking The Village.

So his obsession with story telling rears it's head once again in Devil, again not really hidden or alluded to as in his previous films but just kind of thrown out there. We get this odd little story about how the devil comes to Earth for no apparent reason, announces itself with a suicide (of the only character in the film we don't get any info on), corals a bunch of randoms together in an elevator, and makes toast fall jelly side down.

4. The dialog was cheeeeeap. Everything the fake Dylan McDermot cop had to say sounded like it came out of a soap opera. It sounded really rushed and unnatural.

5. That crappy demon face or whatever that came up in between frames on the security camera.... give me a break. It looked like something leftover from Quake II and about 10 minutes worth of AfterEffects work. The weird face never ties into anything else, and never makes any sense. Granted, The Exorcist did something similar but that was at least subtle and scary.

6. The scenes when the lights went out just weren't very visceral. I mean I get it, the lights are out there's only so much you can do. But they didn't do a very good job of sound designing, or being patient to make people really freak out about being in the dark. It was a lot of cheap Hollywood flashy cuts.

There were some definite positives though. One I loved the opening sequence with the inverted helicopter shot going through the cityscape. It was very surreal... up until the Ghostbusters score came in and took a chunk out of it's eeriness. How Shyamalan went from the Hillary Hahn score of The Village to this canned horror movie crap score is beyond me.

The old lady plot twist wasn't that bad. I mean she was dead. You suspect her at first, but then kind of forget about her for a while.

I found something really creepy about the part when hoodie guy tries to get out through the top of the elevator and then the gold digger girl flips out like she's possessed and starts yelling he's trying to escape. In fact she did that a few times, and it was one of the more powerful moments in the film.

The big black dude reminded me of the singer of Stout. and I lul-ed.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 21,2010 3:49pm
thank you for spoiling that movie for me so i didnt have to spoil my free movie tickets on it. although i would have seen Machete again before this anyways.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Sep 21,2010 7:59pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]

The big black dude reminded me of the singer of Stout. and I lul-ed.

LOL! TAD!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][7:05:49am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01446 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]