New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New Decrepit Birth has been leaked by Spaldino on Jul 18,2010 6:51pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Spaldino at Jul 18,2010 6:51pm

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 18,2010 6:53pm
FUCK YOU. I was about to post this. You beat me every fucking time.

toggletoggle post by Spaldino at Jul 18,2010 7:22pm
im amazing.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Jul 18,2010 7:32pm
Decrepit Berf

toggletoggle post by Spaldino at Jul 18,2010 7:41pm
it's pretty awesome so far. definite stoner tech death.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jul 19,2010 10:33am
listened to some last night while passing out. it's really fucking good. might have outdone themselves. but i ask once again - why do death metal bands with lightning-fast double bass insist on having rediculously high-pitched CLICK CLICK CLICK samples indistinguishable from hit to hit...there's a difference between a clean sound and a castrated sound. i'd just like to hear a new tech-death album with minimal drum post-production. my only complaint about this.

i bet the new BOARCORPSE will sound much better to my ear holes.

toggletoggle post by confuse at Jul 19,2010 12:02pm
I can't do much anything tech while stoned

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 19,2010 4:40pm
Too many fucking guitar solos.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jul 19,2010 4:43pm
arktouros said[orig][quote]
listened to some last night while passing out. it's really fucking good. might have outdone themselves. but i ask once again - why do death metal bands with lightning-fast double bass insist on having rediculously high-pitched CLICK CLICK CLICK samples indistinguishable from hit to hit...there's a difference between a clean sound and a castrated sound. i'd just like to hear a new tech-death album with minimal drum post-production. my only complaint about this.

I can guarantee the new Boarcorpse will sex your earholes to oblivion. The drum mix made me hard, and I'm not even a drummer!

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 19,2010 5:26pm
You're not a guitarist either. You're an artist.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jul 19,2010 5:53pm
i like this way better than DBW, and i havent even heard it yet.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 19,2010 5:55pm
It's exactly the same thing with more solos.

toggletoggle post by Randy_Marsh at Jul 22,2010 2:48am
This is the best Decrepit Birth so far, hands down. Some of this shit fucking rules...hard. It's funny because I never got super into Decrepit Birth but knew they had some creativity.

It's very good getting baked to music.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jul 22,2010 4:49am
I like it, but And Time Begins is still my favorite. Most tech death just doesn't stick with me these days.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 22,2010 8:11am
i am very exited to hear this....

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 22,2010 8:12am

I must've missed something, i thought you said my bass drum sounded like his, and that it was a GOOD thing... maybe i'm just dumb.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Jul 22,2010 8:34am
this shit better be at 320kbs

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jul 22,2010 8:42am
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]

I must've missed something, i thought you said my bass drum sounded like his, and that it was a GOOD thing... maybe i'm just dumb.
'

it's a totally different mix though dude. it's not a BAD thing...DB uses a snare trigger sample and probably samples for the whole kit, you definitely don't. it does sound like the same kick trigger sample. it's just a personal issue i have with new death metal records. i listened to some of Altars of Madness yesterday and the kick drum sound they got is all natural and no click whatsoever, just a deep thud and when it comes in at lightning speed you can feel it...it's not just click-click-click because they didn't use triggers. i think the new immolation got the drum sound right though even if it is triggered.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Jul 22,2010 9:01am
the snare sound isnt too bad. sounds fairly normal. now those bass kicks though, obvious trigger sound is obvious.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jul 22,2010 9:39am
Archaeon said[orig][quote]
It's exactly the same thing with more solos.
I can agree with this. Some progressions they even reuse...a lot. At least they're consistent.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 22,2010 9:45am
I absolutely love diminishing between worlds, and so i'm sure i'll love this. Fuck yeah, it's been too long since i've gotten a new cd to be addicted to.

toggletoggle post by Slag NLI at Jul 22,2010 9:52am
If you get the recording right, you don't need samples. Plain and simple. Theory is, you can use microphones like eq and move them to get the sound you want from the kit. You can use multiple kick drum mics to capture the actual sound of the beater and the air moving from within the kick drum.

I haven't heard the album yet, but samples are the engineer's easy way out. Samples make for a super easy mix, negating the labor required to cut out the unnecessary parts of the sound to fit it into the mix. And it puts less emphasis on the recording process and getting it right the first time.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 22,2010 9:58am
it's just a personal issue i have with new death metal records.

backed...amoung other things

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 22,2010 10:05am
slag- sorta, but a lot of bands would PREFER to have the totally even, mechanical, consistent sound of a trigger/sample. Yes, you can have a very similar sound with multiple mics, and with the right compression/mixing, but what if you don't want any dynamics in your kick at all? (like if you want the "drum machine" sound that so many tech bands are using these days.)

I personally like using samples for my bass drum trigger, not because i can't play without it (i'm playing without it tomorrow night in worcester with Boarcorpse) but because it sounds so clean and even.... and i know this sounds strange, but i HATE triggers/samples for the snare/toms. I need to hear the dynamics on the snare, the rimshots, ghost notes, and all the rudiments as a whole.... which i know sounds weird because i like them for my kick, but whatever. I can't explain it. I just really like the consistent bass drum with the dynamic snare and toms.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 22,2010 10:07am
worst bass drum sound I ever heard in my life = as I lay dying frail worlds collapse. I'll never forget when some schmoe recommended me that garbage as an example of awesome guitar work.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jul 22,2010 10:26am
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
but what if you don't want any dynamics in your kick at all? (like if you want the "drum machine" sound that so many tech bands are using these days.)
i don't get why you'd want that for a death metal record. i want full, fat, dynamic kick patterns, not a drumstick click. dymanics = atmosphere. the gorguts - "obscura" record is awesome, but the kick sample makes me want to listen to something else. it sounds that bad to me. "considered dead", on the other hand, has a nice fat dynamic kick.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jul 22,2010 10:30am
jimbo let me be clear i'm in no way knocking the drum sound on your new recording. triggers don't stop me from listening to an album, some of my favorite metal records don't even use real drums. i just want what i like and like what i like.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 22,2010 1:00pm
i take no offense at all buddy, don't sweat it. I had an internal battle of epic proportions about whether or not i would even USE triggers on my bass drum, and I decided to because of personal opinion, and how we wanted our band to sound.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 22,2010 1:07pm
i'd like to hear this, i have yet to find anything even remotely interesting about this band.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jul 22,2010 1:13pm
You will find more of the same my friend

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][1:46:54am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01531 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]