New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> SFN (wisconsin powerviolence) tour by dwyerlessdeathfest on Jun 4,2010 8:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by dwyerlessdeathfest at Jun 4,2010 8:40pm
http://www.myspace.com/sfnwisconsin

JUNE
WED 2 - MINNEAPOLIS, MN @ RATHOLE
THR 3 - LINCOLN, NE @ PI HOUSE
FRI 4 - KANSAS CITY, MO @ STUDDED BIRD
SAT 5 - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK @ SAUCED
SUN 6 - SAN ANTONIO, TX @ CAFE REVOLUCION
MON 7 - AUSTIN, TX @ BROKEN NECK
TUE 8 - HOUSTON, TX @ WALTER'S ON WASHINGTON
WED 9 - METAIRIE, LA @ BAR
THR 10 - TALLAHASSEE, FL @ FARSIDE
FRI 11 - TAMPA, FL @ UNIT 19
SAT 12 - MIAMI, FL @ HARVEY'S BY THE BAY
SUN 13 - ORLANDO, FL @ UNCLE LOU'S
MON 14 - NORTH CAROLINA!!! HELP!!!
TUE 15 - RICHMOND, VA @ DUDE MANCH
WED 16 - WASHINGTON DC @ CORPSE FORTRESS
THR 17 - BROOKLYN, NY @ SHEA STADIUM
FRI 18 - PHILADELPHIA, PA @ FARM
SAT 19 - BOSTON, MA @ DEMOCRACY CENTER
SUN 20 - PROVIDENCE, RI @ MARS GAS
MON 21 - HARTFORD, CT @ WHITNEY HOUSE
TUE 22 - ROCHESTER, NY @ HAZELWOOD GROVE LODGE
WED 23 - BUFFALO, NY @ SUGAR CITY
THR 24 - PITTSBURGH, PA @ POLISH HILL//KRYSTYNA'S
FRI 25 - LIMA, OH @ LEATHERSHOP
SAT 26 - CHICAGO, IL @ C.U.N.T.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jun 4,2010 8:52pm
Oh shit, they really got a Providence date? I'll be at that one no doubt.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Jun 4,2010 9:05pm
anyone know who booked that Democracy Center shindig?

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Jun 4,2010 10:17pm
the girl from lemmingtrail. good luck

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Jun 4,2010 10:19pm
hey go fuck yourself

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 4,2010 11:06pm
democracy center. hope everyone involved has their happy papers in order.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Jun 5,2010 12:06am
isnt the show on the 20th now in nh with hivesmasher, INTHESHIT and the_network?

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jun 5,2010 5:14pm
xgodzillax said[orig][quote]
isnt the show on the 20th now in nh with hivesmasher, INTHESHIT and the_network?

nope, Suffering Bastards dood don't believe in email to let folks now that they booked shit.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jun 5,2010 5:16pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
hey go fuck yourself

also Rusty, Nick wasn't trying to be an asshole. It is the broad from Lemmytrail.

will be ignoring the Boston show.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Jun 5,2010 5:18pm
W3%20nli said[orig][quote]
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
hey go fuck yourself

also Rusty, Nick wasn't trying to be an asshole. It is the broad from Lemmytrail.

will be ignoring the Boston show.
greaaaaaaaaaaat

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jun 5,2010 5:19pm
yuh sorry bro hammer, wish I could say either of our bands had a shot to get on it but again I'm not supporting that venue no more.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jun 5,2010 5:47pm
That venue has fucking terrible acoustics anyway. Srsly.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 5,2010 6:30pm
I thought xgx's comment was hilarious.

toggletoggle post by markworkingrichards at Jun 5,2010 7:12pm
Fuckin' acoustics, HOW DO THEY WORK?

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Jun 5,2010 7:16pm
RAVIOLIS

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 5,2010 8:56pm
My goose stepping isn't up to par to play a nazi show. Oh wellz 4 me?

toggletoggle post by FAIRUZA BALK IN AMERICAN HISTORY X at Jun 5,2010 9:15pm
HAI GUISE! I B00KED A SHOW!

IF YOU DISAGREE WITH MY SLANTED NAZI WORLDVIEW I'LL THROW YOUR FLYERS IN THE TRASH
^_^

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jun 5,2010 11:55pm
It turns out the rest of the Providence show is a bunch of fucking hippie bands with AIDS. I hate this fucking worthless state of Rhode Island more and more every day.

It's either Boston or Hartford, since Boston is on a Saturday that looks to be the favorable show.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jun 6,2010 6:08pm
the NH show would have been sweet

the Network, Hivesmasher, SFN, and INTHESHIT too bad, too bad.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jun 6,2010 7:39pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
I thought xgx's comment was hilarious.

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Jun 6,2010 7:59pm
The show that would have happened in New Hampshire sounds way better than the Providence show that actually is happening.

toggletoggle post by ED LIVE FACE nli at Jun 6,2010 11:32pm
yup oh well.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Jun 7,2010 7:21am
W3%20nli said[orig][quote]
the NH show would have been sweet

the Network, Hivesmasher, SFN, and INTHESHIT too bad, too bad.

fack, that show was all set too(even though we couldn't do it)

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jun 7,2010 1:50pm
bummah

toggletoggle post by Dave Public at Jun 7,2010 3:55pm
This is Dave from Suffering Bastard, the guy who booked SFN in providence.
1. I got them on this bill as a favor to them. I did not book the show itself. There was a show already going on in the building we practice in. There was no way whatsoever that I was going to book a whole other show at another venue in competition with a show at my own space. I am not a booking agent, and have zero interest in being responsible for an entire bill worth of bands who are expecting to get payed.
2. I never promised anyone a metal or grind show. I made it clear to Graem from SFN that Suffering Bastard would not be playing, and that they would be playing with a bunch of NON-grind/hc/metal bands. I also told him that, since I wasnt booking the show, I would not be able to get other bands, IE Intheshit, on the bill. If they weren't satisfied with the arrangements, they could have gone right ahead and found another show in the area, in NH or wherever.

If you want to come out and support a band you like who are (GASP!) playing with bands that fall outside your black t-shirted comfort zone, please come out and do so.
If you want to piss and moan that a band you like is playing with a bunch of "hippy bands" (one of which features 1/2 of the Suffering Bastard lineup), start booking shows yourself. Christ knows I don't want to do it. Booking shows is a frustrating, thankless job 95% of the time, which is why I avoid it at all costs.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 7,2010 4:08pm
my popcorn is ready... but it's lukewarm

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Jun 7,2010 4:21pm
I think only one person was really upset over the SFN show in RI. Everyone else, I think, were just confused about the delayed information regarding a (potential) show in New Hampshire.

That one was pretty much our bad since we were waiting on a response from our guitarist and the promoter in NH, then had to relay said info to ITS.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 7,2010 4:27pm
I'm just looking for deets on the lemontrail girl drama.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Jun 7,2010 5:11pm

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jun 7,2010 5:53pm
DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 7,2010 6:06pm edited Jun 7,2010 6:07pm

The drama is all her.

A while back Nick emailed her a list of our upcoming shows and asked if she'd put it on her website which is supposedly devoted to listing upcoming Boston DIY shows. She emailed back and said she wouldn't because we have "extremely fucked up lyrics." When asked for an explanation she pointed to the song "Hey Gurl Wanna Turn Up Dead in Dorchester Bay" the lyrics to which aren't posted (or even written down for that matter) anywhere. She went on to say that she refused to post our shows because we "promote violence against women" a statement I personally (as the guy who writes the words n stuff) disagree with but whatever. But I figured meh, one girl with a stick up her ass that misinterpreted a song is bound to happen.

Then I found out that Mike from COA was flyering for our recent show in Everette. He spent his own time and money making flyers, and paid to get into a show at the Democracy Center where he politely asked if he could put his flyers with everyone else's flyers. Ms. Nazi Thing took one look at the flyers, removed them from the table, and threw them out. Mike came back to find his flyers gone and went into WTF mode. She said it was nothing against him but she "disagrees with our message" and decreed that any flyer with the words INTHESHIT on them aren't allowed in her venue... no matter who prints them/spends their time and money on them/or who else happens to be on that show. She then went and "got them from the kitchen" (aka dug them out of the trash) and gave them back to Mike.

That made me mad.

I honestly blame myself for not intervening and reaching out to her earlier to settle the miscommunication. Quite simply to assume that Intheshit stands for senseless violence against women is to assume that Intheshit stands for anything at all... which just isn't the case. I walk to work every day through the corner of Albany and Mass Ave and 90% of the lyrics I write are about things I see and hear on that corner. To me getting mad about a song about a slutty girl washing up on the rocks of Wollaston Beach is the same as getting mad at a news anchor telling you about it. Had I taken the time to prompt a discussion on the matter rather than just a reaction maybe minds would have been changed.

But it irks me considerably that friends of mine had their time and money wasted because 1 individual decides that they have the authority to dictate what goes into underground music. There's a word for the practice of gatekeeping and controlling information, picking and choosing who gets seen and heard based off of your own narrow ideals. That word is not "democracy" as the title of this girl's venue coincidentally lends. That word is fascism. And fascism in the name of rainbows & strawberry ice cream is still fascism. No matter what. It's the antithesis of one of the basic tenants of most all metal and hardcore. INTHESHIT might not stand for anything, but no matter what this is hardcore and HERE WE FIGHT FASCISM.

I mean... nazi bitch is nazi. lol.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 7,2010 6:06pm
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]

<3

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jun 7,2010 6:23pm
sounds legit. dumb dummies is dumb.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jun 7,2010 6:43pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
my popcorn is ready... but it's lukewarm

Relax on the popcorn, I don't plan on arguing.

Just another "post first, think later" moment on my part...

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jun 7,2010 6:48pm
Call me old fashioned, but you should probably pisscup the bitch.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 7,2010 9:34pm
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
Call me old fashioned, but you should probably pisscup the bitch.

they just don't make em like you anymore

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][8:44:15am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02760 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]