New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> [LEAKED] Nevermore - "The Obsidian Conspiracy" by Spaldino on May 6,2010 1:22pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Spaldino at May 6,2010 1:22pm

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 6,2010 1:28pm
i hope everyone who listens to this before it's official release gets super AIDS.

toggletoggle post by ARKTOUROS at May 6,2010 1:31pm
drooool....

toggletoggle post by THE FUCKING SODOMIZER at May 6,2010 1:33pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i hope everyone who listens to this before it's official release gets super AIDS.

I want to have your assbaby

toggletoggle post by Bloodsoaked at May 6,2010 1:34pm
if its free its for me. bands don't make money off cds anymore, it more about shirt sales.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at May 6,2010 1:37pm
this is why bands dont make money off of cd sales

toggletoggle post by Spaldino at May 6,2010 2:09pm
bands didnt make much money off cd sales anyway. most of it went to labels. stop fucking crying about it and just listen to the music and go see them live and buy a shirt or something. you can still buy the album all you want. i still buy albums. just because im the asshole that shares links i find doesn't mean i don't buy when i can afford to.

toggletoggle post by Dangle*terd at May 6,2010 2:13pm
Spaldino said[orig][quote]
bands didnt make much money off cd sales anyway. most of it went to labels. stop fucking crying about it and just listen to the music and go see them live and buy a shirt or something. you can still buy the album all you want. i still buy albums. just because im the asshole that shares links i find doesn't mean i don't buy when i can afford to.

Troo dat sun!

toggletoggle post by ARKTOUROS at May 6,2010 2:14pm
yeah...from my uneducated viewpoint a general rule is the bigger the record company is the less percentage the band gets from CDs...I.E. going to see Vader and paying $20 for a shirt, but downloading the album because I can't afford to do all 3...

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 6,2010 3:19pm
Spaldino said[orig][quote]

i'm well aware of the monetary gain of a band in cd sales. give the band some credit, and wait for an official release date. what the fuck is so hard about a little patience? wait until it's release date to be a cheap fuck.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 6,2010 3:21pm
and prepare for super AIDS.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 6,2010 3:25pm
bring back the ways of old

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at May 6,2010 3:56pm
OH MY FUCKING GOD THANK YOU!!

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at May 6,2010 5:21pm
YES

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 6,2010 5:21pm edited May 6,2010 5:21pm
GRANT EVANS LIKES NEVERMORE

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 2,2010 12:31pm edited Jun 2,2010 12:33pm
i'm glad i didnt spend money on this. first dissapointing effort i've come across from this band. warrell's voice sounds so tired and he almost talks through most of the record. also the songs are all like 3 minutes long with limited solos and are just boring. i mean its not a bad album per se ...its still basic nevermore and i'm sure people will disagree with me. but the fact that i dont absolutely love it makes me hate it - especially as a follow up to such an amazing album as "This Godless Endeavor." i'll give em a mulligan though since they are pretty consistent with top notch releases. maybe the songs will sound better in a live setting when they come around again.

toggletoggle post by Kessaris at work at Jun 2,2010 1:25pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
i'm glad i didnt spend money on this. first dissapointing effort i've come across from this band. warrell's voice sounds so tired and he almost talks through most of the record. also the songs are all like 3 minutes long with limited solos and are just boring. i mean its not a bad album per se ...its still basic nevermore and i'm sure people will disagree with me. but the fact that i dont absolutely love it makes me hate it - especially as a follow up to such an amazing album as "This Godless Endeavor." i'll give em a mulligan though since they are pretty consistent with top notch releases. maybe the songs will sound better in a live setting when they come around again.

While I don't hate this CD, I do agree that it's not their strongest effort. I think songs 2, 7 and 8 should have not made it to the album and instead they should have had 1 long epic masterpiece like This Godless Endeavor or The Learning. This album is really lacking in the epic department.

The good parts about this album is it's diversity and that none of the songs really sound alike (too much). Termination Proclamation is AWESOME. The riffing in And the Maiden Spoke is top notch and dare I say the most technical of all Loomis's riffs (the backing solo riffs). I also like how the riffs in that song are smoking fast and the solo is slower and melodic, it makes for an awesome contrast that you don't see too many people do, or do well either. I like the last 2 songs on this CD too, but I just feel like they missed the mark with this CD as a whole. I feel like they're trying to reach a more mainstream metal audience, which if you've been in the same band since 1992, you're bound to try to do eventually.

In the end though, this CD isn't Dead Heart or This Godless Endeavor. It's in the same realm as Enemies of Reality, except probably a little more conservative with the sound this time around. Also, there is like no low end on this CD. I can't hear the bass on 90% of the record and it's not like Jim Sheppard sucks at bass so you gotta turn him down either. I don't know.

I feel like, if you heard Warrel Dane's solo CD, that this CD was highly influenced by that project...which I don't hate but I certainly wouldn't find myself putting it on a regular rotation. I also noticed that a lot of the music sounds exactly like the Jeff Loomis Zero Order phase stuff. I just wish they had more of a true Godless follow up, keep the diversity of the CD but toss in some low end, write a 10 minute long shred fest that leaves you begging for more.

I wouldn't say I was let down, but I definitely know this band is capable of a lot more.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 2,2010 1:27pm
Kessaris%20at%20work said[orig][quote]

I definitely know this band is capable of a lot more.

this

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jun 2,2010 1:27pm
I agree with all stated above.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Jun 2,2010 1:29pm
Agreed. Tired choruses and riffs mixed in with a few gems.

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at Jun 2,2010 2:54pm
Couldn't get into the tracks I heard. Oh well, I can still listen to Dreaming Neon Black and everything prior.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jun 2,2010 3:12pm
Politics Of Ecstasy or GTFO

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 2,2010 3:14pm
Favs in this order

Dreaming Neon Black
This Godless
Politics
Dead Heart
S/T

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 2,2010 3:17pm
they have stated that this is going to be different, i guess Loomis stepped back from making insane riffs and allowed more breathing room for Warrel Dane. i haven't heard anything from it, i've read the reviews and i'm still going to buy it, i know that it will take time to grow. just like the Warrel Dane solo album, which i enjoy. i remember hating Enemies of Reality, but now i really like it. Dead Heart in A Dead World took time for me too, and that is one of my favorites from them now. they are allowed to change things around, they have proven for almost 20 years that they are remarkable at everything they do.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jun 2,2010 3:18pm
i'll give it few more listens...but it just doesnt grab me

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][9:39:17am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02409 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]