New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Apple police raid GIZMODO editor's house after he returns iPhone prototype by the_reverend on Apr 28,2010 11:37pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 28,2010 11:37pm

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Apr 29,2010 12:57am
That's fucking bullshit, they were just reporting news. They should fire the employee for being so careless

toggletoggle post by sigh at Apr 29,2010 10:06am
I don't agree with what Gizmodo did. Purchasing a device they knew was didn't belong to the person selling it. Taking apart the hardware that and possibly revealing trade secrets, and then outing the apple employee by name is kind of a dick form of journalism.

At the same time however I'd really like to know what was used to obtain the warrant for the raid. That kind of crap scares me that you can go out to dinner and come back and find the cops ransacked your place. Protect and serve my ass. More like protect and serve corporations.

toggletoggle post by sigh at Apr 29,2010 10:08am
sigh said[orig][quote]
they knew was didn't belong to the person

Wow it's too early for grammar.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 29,2010 10:13am
I don't see how this is any different from whomever broke into sara palin's gmail and posted it online. In that case as in this, it should be the person doing the "breaking in" that gets charged. I would say in this case it is the apple employee.

toggletoggle post by sigh at Apr 29,2010 10:16am
I would disagree in that if apple is letting employees take these prototypes off the farm then they need to accept the inherent risks involved. Shit happens. If you don't want this stuff leaked out then keep it under lock and key.

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing is just a PR stunt by apple though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 29,2010 10:19am
I have thought that same thing. like releasing the iPad and then 2 weeks later releasing 0S4. Most companies release stuff in clumps, but not apple. One of my co-workers said it best when they said "apple's good at keeping the story about apple."

toggletoggle post by sigh at Apr 29,2010 10:22am
Their track record of nearly every product launch has had the product leaked in some form or fashion before it's release date. Most of the leaked info eventually checked out as legit. Good way to create hype for product releases.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 29,2010 11:30am
The more I use my iPad, the more I do and do not want an iPhone. I still need a real keyboard otherwise I can't safely text and drive

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][2:10:03am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.00979 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]