New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> just heard my first Ke$ha song by the_reverend on Apr 14,2010 10:15am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 14,2010 10:15am
how can someone make the awesomeness of auto-tune sound like pure garbage.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 14,2010 10:25am
You inspired me to check her out, I've honestly never heard of her before.

bennyhillifier

Sounds like a 14 year old girl making playground taunts about how she's going to fuck some guy in the ass in the back of her car. Did I get the message right?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 14,2010 10:31am
all I got out of that was she uses a nokia and has super powers.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 14,2010 10:32am
I can't believe she made having super powers look terrible.

toggletoggle post by Alx_Casket  at Apr 14,2010 10:33am
She needs to do a duet with this man.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Apr 14,2010 10:35am
She needs to get gangraped by Overfiend-esque tentacles and then some squid in her panties for good measure. Then we'll see how frisky she is.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Apr 14,2010 11:09am
almost as good as hypercrush

toggletoggle post by blue  at Apr 14,2010 11:17am
I first wrote her off as a gaga wannabe, but I'm slowly getting more into that single she has out.

toggletoggle post by timma at Apr 14,2010 11:59am
blue said[orig][quote]
I first wrote her off as a gaga wannabe, but I'm slowly getting more into that single she has out.

You are fail, Peter.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Apr 14,2010 12:00pm
Shes from Nashville. Just saying.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Apr 14,2010 12:04pm
I approve of men shutting the fuck up.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 14,2010 12:15pm
the more someone wants to lick a vagina, the more that person wants men to shut the fuck up.

toggletoggle post by ROLY POLY TROLLY at Apr 14,2010 12:16pm
I approve of you taking all 4 of my girthy inches down your throat. You'll love it. It's salty and reeks of seaweed. Hopefully I can shoot off my bottle cap hard enough to damage your larynx as to never hear you speak again.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Apr 14,2010 12:22pm
All hip-hop is retarded.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Apr 14,2010 12:38pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
the more someone wants to lick a vagina, the more that person wants men to shut the fuck up.

I've already done that and I still want you to shut up.

toggletoggle post by timma at Apr 14,2010 1:07pm
Shit just got REAL.

toggletoggle post by IllinoisEnemaBradness at Apr 14,2010 2:51pm
blue said[orig][quote]

party at a rich dudes house is DA BOMB

toggletoggle post by KPANZER at Apr 14,2010 3:09pm
This cunt is everything that sucks about modern 'culture'.She's the retarded fetus of the Paris Hilton 'Vapid, Spoiled, Disposable' Whore generation.
You see a million girls who act like this now. Someone drop the bomb already.

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Apr 14,2010 6:11pm
Yeah a cum bomb all over her face. Then her ballon knot. Then her tits and armpits. Then......

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 14,2010 8:04pm
So the point of all this is that Pam digs vajay, right?

toggletoggle post by ArilliusBM  at Apr 14,2010 8:11pm
KPANZER said[orig][quote]
This cunt is everything that sucks about modern 'culture'.She's the retarded fetus of the Paris Hilton 'Vapid, Spoiled, Disposable' Whore generation.
You see a million girls who act like this now. Someone drop the bomb already.

x 1000.

toggletoggle post by Slag at Apr 14,2010 8:20pm
I can't believe I even pressed play on this video. Auto-tune is such a problem. You can never tell anymore when someone delivers a genuine performance. Everything sounds fake.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Apr 14,2010 8:24pm

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Apr 14,2010 8:42pm
all I got out of that was she uses a nokia and has super powers.

I have a phone like that. Does the phone come with super powers?

All I got from this video was the reaffirmation that people with absolutely no talent are still making millions of dollars for making horrible music.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Apr 14,2010 8:50pm
I just realized this is the same chick who does this song:

bennyhillifier

A girl at work was singing some part of this song that goes, "unless they look like Mick Jagger", and I started laughing. The kid didn't understand why until I showed her a picture of Mick Jagger.

toggletoggle post by sheep at Apr 14,2010 9:24pm
she must be a real sheep to not know who mick jagger is

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Apr 14,2010 9:26pm
Most teenagers have no clue who Mick Jagger is.

toggletoggle post by sheep at Apr 14,2010 9:30pm
most teenagers are sheep

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Apr 14,2010 9:33pm

toggletoggle post by Dr. Sphincto at Apr 14,2010 9:37pm
The Horror, The Horror

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Apr 15,2010 2:51pm
I have a feeling this Kesha and her image is all just a big joke on the mainstream music audience. Maybe she wanted to write music that was so ridiculous to see if people would actually buy it.

Teenage sheeps fail once again.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Apr 15,2010 3:09pm
Ugly bitch is ugly and terrible songs are terrible.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 15,2010 3:42pm
This record is actually awesome.

It has no integrity at all. If you're look for "real" music, you won't find it here.

But if you want catchy-as-fuck pop shit that you can sing all day, well then: Voila.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Apr 15,2010 3:44pm
dude shes at da bamboozle next weekeneddd in jerssy

toggletoggle post by pam   at Apr 15,2010 3:44pm
Dankill said[orig][quote]
So the point of all this is that Pam digs vajay, right?

Nah. I'm a dick-only girl these days. Never know until you try, right?

toggletoggle post by fap fap fap at Apr 15,2010 4:53pm
oh hey what's up

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Apr 15,2010 5:07pm
my friends white boy dance to her at the clubs all the time when they go out drinking

personally I like to white boy dance to lady gaga, there's a joke at work about her.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Apr 15,2010 10:57pm

toggletoggle post by xFuck Loggin Inx at Jul 2,2010 4:22pm

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jul 2,2010 4:31pm
oh, another pop star I don't give a shit about.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Jul 2,2010 4:41pm edited Jul 2,2010 4:41pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said[orig][quote]

It has no integrity at all. If you're look for "real" music, you won't find it here.

But if you want catchy-as-fuck pop shit that you can sing all day, well then: Voila.

Hahaha, this has been my exact reaction to her. She cannot execute a performance to save her life though.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jul 2,2010 6:40pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said[orig][quote]

exactly. why people are trying to find actual artistic integrity at all in this is beyond me.

i like good hooks, regardless of genre.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 2,2010 6:46pm
Why anybody would listen to a cheap knockoff of actual music when they know plenty about the real deal is beyond me, but you know.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Jul 2,2010 6:54pm edited Jul 2,2010 6:56pm
Lamp said[orig][quote]
Why anybody would listen to a cheap knockoff of actual music when they know plenty about the real deal is beyond me, but you know.

For the same reason I enjoy eating both sushi and Sour Patch Kids. Though not together.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 2,2010 7:00pm
Haha, are you saying one or both doesn't constitute as food?

(either way both are great)

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 2,2010 7:04pm edited Jul 2,2010 7:06pm
I feel the same way about Kesha's music as Lady Gaga's:

The studio tracks they play on the radio, and the way they're produced, sound like ass.

But - on certain songs, there IS a really good chord progression, vocal melody, and vocal harmonies going on - to the point when they perform the songs LIVE with a REAL drummer, it's actually surprisingly good.

See Kesha's SNL performance of Tik Tok and especially Lady Gaga's SNL performance of Love Game with real live drummers hitting HARD along with less vocal digital effecty crap, and all of a sudden songs that sound awful on the radio sound surprisingly good. I'd also recommend looking up metal versions of Gaga songs like Paparazzi that have been done on youtube by overdubbing a guitar, and again prepare to be surprised by something that would otherwise be lame.

Integrity? Well given the atrocious lyrics in Tik Tok, Kesha does reveal herself as the stupid spoiled whore queen, as others have said. But I think it comes down to this - did either Gaga or Kesha actually write a substantial part of the melodies, harmonies, and chord progressions involved? If they had no part in it at all, then their talent and integrity as musicians is non-existant, but if so, then I have to give them that - even though the songs on their actual albums sound AWFUL in the effort to produce them in a trendy fashion.

What's autotune?

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jul 2,2010 7:52pm

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 2,2010 7:55pm
People in this thread do not understand pop music.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 2,2010 8:05pm
I understand it well enough to know it generally sucks, but like many things in life that suck, we're still better off looking for and recognizing the good points in it when they appear; in this pop is much like metalcore, as one can either be frustrated by all the parts that suck, or look for what's good here and there since you're stuck listening to it at the moment anyway.

It's kind of like how you still cheer even though it's the Special Olympics.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 2,2010 8:09pm
To be honest, I'd rather this to pop music than most metal but I'm a pussy.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 2,2010 8:40pm
Archaeon said[orig][quote]
I'm a pussy.

qft

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Jul 2,2010 9:47pm
I think Kesha is fooling everyone by making bad music on purpose and seeing if people will actually eat it up. I believe this whole thing is complete satire.

If not then she's a waste of a human being.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 2,2010 10:07pm
I really just have trouble understanding how this music is so "bad." I mean I can see how you can't relate to it or this the lyrics are dumb. Which is totally fine. But her album is put together SO well. It's stupid catchy dance music. It's fun. Stop taking this shit so seriously.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 2,2010 10:18pm
It's stupid catchy dance music.

Last time I checked, hardcore punk was stupid catchy dance music and it's made by people who actually give a fuck.

Get funky.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Jul 2,2010 10:34pm
I really just have trouble understanding how this music is so "bad." I mean I can see how you can't relate to it or this the lyrics are dumb. Which is totally fine. But her album is put together SO well. It's stupid catchy dance music. It's fun. Stop taking this shit so seriously.

You and Rev are the only ones who care for this music. The rest of us have dicks that are inserted in vaginas not men holes.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 2,2010 10:42pm
We must be gay.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Jul 2,2010 10:42pm
Personally I don't get into it because it's shit I've heard 1,000,000 times before. Especially because I'm an old man I've heard crap pop music for decades. Especially when everything now is autotune bullshit you don't even get the luxury of having a good singer to make each artist unique. I don't dis pop music for being what it is; I dis it when there's no thought, no originality, just a casio drum machine and club disco thumping.

Seriously, the songs on this page are really reminiscent of the 80's sound with added autotune. I'd rather hear Annie Lennox.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jul 3,2010 12:36am
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]

You and Rev are the only ones who care for this music. The rest of us have dicks that are inserted in vaginas not men holes.

Nope, I care too. But then again you like Eminem.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Jul 3,2010 2:25am
blue said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by bobnomaamrooney at Jul 3,2010 3:04am
Shit doesn't even match Bonde do Role

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jul 3,2010 9:33am
xanonymousx said[orig][quote]

bennyhillifier

haha autotuned puking FTW.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Jul 3,2010 11:25pm
blue said[orig][quote]

That's really not even a comparison by any means.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 4,2010 10:50am
blue said[orig][quote]

Wait, I thought we were discussing music, not rap.

toggletoggle post by Kadoog-a-go-go at Jul 4,2010 1:10pm
How can you defend pop music, and say it's still got good points, the production is blah blah blah, but then dismiss rap as not being music? It's the same damn thing. A producer makes the music/beats etc while the "star" does the vocals over it. Pretty much the same. Most hip hop is even more self-contained than fuckin Kesha, 'cause they're making the beats themselves.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 4,2010 1:38pm
It's hard for people in metal or rock to understand people not writing/recording their own music. In pop/country/hiphop this is the standard, it's almost assumed that you didn't write you song.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 4,2010 3:10pm edited Jul 4,2010 3:21pm
Kadoog-a-go-go said[orig][quote]
How can you defend pop music, and say it's still got good points, the production is blah blah blah, but then dismiss rap as not being music? It's the same damn thing.

Nope, there is a key difference.

If the rap in question is like most rap (no importance placed on the pitch of the voice or whether it clashes with the notes in the background), then it's really not appropriate to call it music, because that's not the focus of the art form; it's just poetry with background music as a secondary afterthought. Now, when someone raps with attention to pitch and how it fits with everything else, then it most certainly IS music, but otherwise it's really either poetry or more aptly some sort of poetry hybrid.

After all, something with music as only one ingredient doesn't make it music; just because a film has a musical score doesn't mean the film is now a piece of music. Music has to be the prime ingredient and focus of something if the whole of it is to be considered music, not just an ingredient.

Keep in mind, no matter what the genre, if you don't care AT ALL whether the notes sound like shit and have no interest in that, then is it really music? Even punk songs pick power chords that go together and yelling that's remotely in key, even the craziest jazz at least has notes that sound good to some. Purposeful dissonance is one thing, but a purposefully thorough disinterest in and ignorance of pitch disqualifies sound from being music at a certain point; it has to, or all sound would be music.

Of course, there is one obvious exception - percussion - where pitch exists to a much more subdued and intangible degree than the human voice, avoiding clashes; a tom can be tuned to E and sound even better with a guitar tuned to standard, but no one's going to say to the drummer "hey you played the wrong note" if the band was tuned a half-step down and the drummer played a tom tuned to E; there would be no real clash to notice because the pitch of the drum doesn't resonate enough. The voice on the other hand has a resonant pitch to some degree unless a person is whispering, and even when people yell and growl in songs they're at some subconscious level aware of how the notes they're generating feel with the notes of the instruments. In most rap, however, clashes between the vocal pitch and background music are completely ignored, and in the eyes of the artists themselves not a basis for judging quality; therefore, judging that style of poetry hybrid as music is unfair to it just as much as it is unfair to music.

How can you defend pop music, and say it's still got good points,

I said just a rare few songs had good points, but those good points involve the chords, melodies, and harmonies, which sound nice to me because I like MUSIC, not people obliviously rhyming out of key notes against a background they clash with painfully and then calling it music.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Jul 4,2010 3:20pm
ShadowSD said[orig][quote]
all sound would be music.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 4,2010 3:25pm
In that case, I hope everyone checks out the new mp3 I just posted where I clear my throat for four minutes straight, it's a musical masterpiece.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Jul 4,2010 4:52pm
metalheads are ghey.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 5,2010 10:42am edited Jul 5,2010 10:44am
It's hard for people in metal or rock to understand people not writing/recording their own music. In pop/country/hiphop this is the standard, it's almost assumed that you didn't write you song.

In country, that's because it's descendant from folk and the tradition of covers and passed on songs. While I'm not a fan of country, I can respect why covers are standard there.

Pop and rap on the other hand:

A producer makes the music/beats etc while the "star" does the vocals over it.

This has been an engineered style of making albums that began decades ago, but was forcefully increased by record labels fifteen years ago wanting to increase their profit margin per album sold; they decided it made less sense to have a band that wrote their own stuff and gained negotiating power as time went on, in exchange for a revolving door of frontpeople in compartmentalized music creation where there's a seperate producer, image consultants, songwriters, and studio musicians (if applicable).

Of course, there's also substantial difference between pop and rap as well to which I have already alluded. Considering the Special Olympics analogy used for pop music where you still cheer for the good points despite the low bar, rap would be the Special Olympics if all the participants were Terri Schiavo - not even good points to appreciate and cheer, not even a reason to call it an olympics.

toggletoggle post by Kadoog-a-go-go at Jul 5,2010 10:52am
By your logic, half the metal bands on the planet aren't making music because they're not singing over the song, they're screaming, and I'm gonna venture out and say at least 50% of it isn't actually in key.

All song lyrics are poetry. A lot of it might be the worst poetry on the planet, but it's ALL poetry, set to music.

You just seem to have some strange bias against hip hop.

Is T-Pain (or one of those dbags, pick one...) more of a musician because he uses autotune, and FORCES a tune into the song?

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 5,2010 2:12pm edited Jul 5,2010 4:17pm
half the metal bands on the planet aren't making music because they're not singing over the song, they're screaming, and I'm gonna venture out and say at least 50% of it isn't actually in key

That just isn't true, the vocals in death metal and black metal and even f'ing punk rock is always pulling towards the actual tones, thus avoiding the harsh semitones in between, and more importantly they keep drifting back to the root note of the key; it's a pull like gravity even when there are brief moments in the interim when things are off, and there's not a constant note clash with the music like there is in most rap, which is the reason why although metal has a reputation of growing on people who didn't initially like heavy music to begin with, virtually all people who dislike rap to begin with permanently can't stand to listen to most of it because the note clashes just hurt their ears.

It sounds like ass for the same reason I'm not going to play an E and an F at the same octave simultaneously over and over, or a quarter step above E and an F at the same octave - notice you've never heard that for the entire duration of a metal song, whether via guitar, vocals, or a combination of the two. Most rap does it as a staple, because they're not going for notes that sound good; they're going for a rhyme scheme that works with a backbeat and focusing on the lyrics. That makes them artists, that makes them poets, but musicians, that's a stretch; not if they don't give a flying fuck what the notes sound like. After all, dissonance in metal or punk or jazz is intentional, meant to create an effect. The much higher degree of dissonance in most rap is not intentional, it's just a by-product of the vocal pitch that still resonates even when rhyming and not singing. If you judge most rap as music, it's the most horrifyingly offensive worthless shit possible; if you judge it for what it is, however, it has value.

That's why I don't get why people think insisting most rap is music is defending rap; it's judging it by a brutally unfair standard. I don't do it for the same reason I don't judge the Mona Lisa as a sculpture, and complain that it's boring and two-dimensional; that would just make me a jackass.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Jul 5,2010 2:19pm
wow, this thread is retarded.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Jul 5,2010 2:20pm
blue said[orig][quote]
wow, this thread is retarded.

this thread went full retard the moment rev hit "post thread"

toggletoggle post by Woah!_Shut_It_Down!  at Jul 5,2010 2:51pm
Fuck. This. Shit! D:<

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 5,2010 4:16pm edited Jul 5,2010 4:16pm

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 6,2010 9:21am
the "you're love, my drug" song is catchy as hell, but gets really irritating really quick... and that's the nicest thing i can say about her, the rest of her stuff blows bigtime.

Conservationist- I wouldn't really call it HIP HOP, but i understand how you wouldn't know that.

toggletoggle post by Kadoog-a-go-go at Jul 6,2010 10:16am
half the metal bands on the planet aren't making music because they're not singing over the song, they're screaming, and I'm gonna venture out and say at least 50% of it isn't actually in key

That just isn't true, the vocals in death metal and black metal and even f'ing punk rock is always pulling towards the actual tones, thus avoiding the harsh semitones in between, and more importantly they keep drifting back to the root note of the key; it's a pull like gravity even when there are brief moments in the interim when things are off, and there's not a constant note clash with the music like there is in most rap, which is the reason why although metal has a reputation of growing on people who didn't initially like heavy music to begin with, virtually all people who dislike rap to begin with permanently can't stand to listen to most of it because the note clashes just hurt their ears.

It sounds like ass for the same reason I'm not going to play an E and an F at the same octave simultaneously over and over, or a quarter step above E and an F at the same octave - notice you've never heard that for the entire duration of a metal song, whether via guitar, vocals, or a combination of the two. Most rap does it as a staple, because they're not going for notes that sound good; they're going for a rhyme scheme that works with a backbeat and focusing on the lyrics. That makes them artists, that makes them poets, but musicians, that's a stretch; not if they don't give a flying fuck what the notes sound like. After all, dissonance in metal or punk or jazz is intentional, meant to create an effect. The much higher degree of dissonance in most rap is not intentional, it's just a by-product of the vocal pitch that still resonates even when rhyming and not singing. If you judge most rap as music, it's the most horrifyingly offensive worthless shit possible; if you judge it for what it is, however, it has value.

That's why I don't get why people think insisting most rap is music is defending rap; it's judging it by a brutally unfair standard. I don't do it for the same reason I don't judge the Mona Lisa as a sculpture, and complain that it's boring and two-dimensional; that would just make me a jackass.

"That makes them artists, that makes them poets, but musicians..."

Meaning they're artists... involved in music... musical artists?

Same damn thing. I know you probably revel in the fact that you're a "musician" and can tell the difference between a "blah" and a slightly different blah", but that's why this is a pretty useless argument, I think. You seem to be one of those people who take all the fun out of music (for people like me) by over-analyzing the life out of it, when I just wanna listen to and write songs without giving a shit whether or not someone's in E7minor9thPentametabolisms.

If that's how you enjoy it, it's totally fine, I'm not trying to shit on the way someone listens, AND I don't want this to turn into the same old feel/technique argument, so I'll end here and agree to disagree.

and thanks for calling me a jackass. Shadow.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Jul 6,2010 11:28am edited Jul 6,2010 11:30am
Hey, sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I should have worded it differently. I just thought the analogy showed how any art form should be judged by its own parameters (e.g. a drawing isn't an opera). The word jackass wasn't necessary and I shouldn't have used it.

I really don't take music theory too seriously to enjoy it. A song sounds good to me first if a song sounds good, THEN the theory explains that - not the other way around; I get that, and constantly remind my guitar and music theory students of that. Theory simply describes what our ear is already perceiving, or it's a self-important waste of breath, one that puts the cart before the horse.

I really wouldn't have gone on and on about all this on my own, I only did because you asked me:
How can you defend pop music, and say it's still got good points, the production is blah blah blah, but then dismiss rap as not being music?

So I gave you my reasons - it comes down to this old argument really: is music/art 100% subjective or part subjective and part objective? It seems to me all evidence points to the second, NOT the first, otherwise the tissue that wiped my snots is art and the noise I made blowing my nose was music. But I will refrain from going into this further because I am boring everyone with my rambling at this point, and because we ultimately agree on the most important point: people can enjoy what they enjoy.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 6,2010 11:38am
sometimes I wish I was involved in threads earlier on but now this thread is like a wheel of time novel.
Tl;dr

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jul 6,2010 12:54pm
blue said[orig][quote]

That's really not even a comparison by any means.

No it's not. You could argue that even though she's not really singing it (autotune) that she still has very nice melodies that are pleasant to the ears.... Eminem has very angry lyrics, that he says in really pissed off ways so a bunch of little boys and girls that are really angry at there parents can like him.....

I agree, totally different.

toggletoggle post by Kadoog-a-go-go at Jul 6,2010 2:11pm
Hey, sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I should have worded it differently. I just thought the analogy showed how any art form should be judged by its own parameters (e.g. a drawing isn't an opera). The word jackass wasn't necessary and I shouldn't have used it.

I really don't take music theory too seriously to enjoy it. A song sounds good to me first if a song sounds good, THEN the theory explains that - not the other way around; I get that, and constantly remind my guitar and music theory students of that. Theory simply describes what our ear is already perceiving, or it's a self-important waste of breath, one that puts the cart before the horse.

I really wouldn't have gone on and on about all this on my own, I only did because you asked me:
How can you defend pop music, and say it's still got good points, the production is blah blah blah, but then dismiss rap as not being music?

So I gave you my reasons - it comes down to this old argument really: is music/art 100% subjective or part subjective and part objective? It seems to me all evidence points to the second, NOT the first, otherwise the tissue that wiped my snots is art and the noise I made blowing my nose was music. But I will refrain from going into this further because I am boring everyone with my rambling at this point, and because we ultimately agree on the most important point: people can enjoy what they enjoy.

I've been called much worse than a jackass, I just happened to notice that at the last second, thought I'd toss it in there. No worries.

Good argument.

Is it ending peacefully?

Really?

Wait...

FIGHT ME OR YOU'RE RAVIOLIS.

That's better.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 8,2010 8:37am

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jul 8,2010 8:54am
ITT: black people behaving like lobsters

toggletoggle post by douchebag_patrol at Jul 9,2010 4:11am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2010 8:34am

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 7,2010 9:21am
I love this bitch. I've got my publicist in touch with hers. I'm thinkin we'd make quite the power couple.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2010 9:28am
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
I love this bitch. I've got my publicist in touch with hers. I'm thinkin we'd make quite the power couple.

toggletoggle post by Slag NLI at Dec 7,2010 9:29am
I love how every song sounds exactly the same.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 7,2010 9:32am
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]

More like , asshole

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2010 9:35am
Slag%20NLI said[orig][quote]
I love how every song sounds exactly the same.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Mess at Dec 7,2010 10:49am
over ANALyzing is gay. i brush my teeth with a bottle of jack

toggletoggle post by t2daeek  at Dec 7,2010 11:54am
debating the validity of music on this forum is an insufferable waste of time.

you wanna put another hyphen in your band's sub-sub-genre? that's original.

toggletoggle post by Kadooga-booga at Dec 7,2010 12:39pm
Who wants to join my Keshacore-rap-stain-emo-tronic-powerslop band? We're gonna cover that one song from Airheads over and over again, and just autotune the fuck out of it to a different key each time.

Bonus track: Pip farting on a snare drum. autotuned.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Crippled Maniacal Infliction
[default homepage] [print][4:13:18pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.08271 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]