New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> In Dire Need news and shows! by joostin on Apr 21,2004 11:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 21,2004 11:20pm
May 6th, Waltham American Legion MA, with Remembering Never, Scars of Tomorrow, Lucas and more!

May 8th, Club Therapy providence RI, with Vital Remains, The Nightmare Continues, Black Dhalia Murder, and more!

May 13th, NH with The network, and more!

May 14th, 357 Cottage St, Springfiend MA, with Killed For A Dream, Funeral In Fame, Ligeia, Burn In Silence, What Weapons Bring War, Seven Day Descent, Orchid Arrangement, Deeper The Wound, Days Will Die, Mercury Switch, Locked In A Vacancy, Marybeth, Terminally Your Aborted Ghost

May 15th, Fat Cat's, Springfield MA, with A Thousand Falling Skies and more!

(TENTATIVE)May 23rd, NYC, with Mortician, Immolation, Malignancy, and Fall of Decrepitude

June 18th, Kingston KoC MA, with Back of tha Neck, and more!

Look out this early summer for the In Dire Need full length, produced by Ken Souze, out on Encryptic Records(What Weapons Bring Ross, Summit, etc.)!
We'll be trying out guitarists as we take the month of april off, cancelling a few shows; and if no one shows potential, we will have no problem carrying on as a 4 piece.

Informational and Related Links
Bands:

In Dire Need

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Apr 21,2004 11:27pm
i wonder if the singer of lucas ever got his teeth replaced.

toggletoggle post by XlynchieX at Apr 22,2004 11:45am
XmikeX said:
i wonder if the singer of lucas ever got his teeth replaced.

hahahaha zing!

toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 22,2004 4:05pm

toggletoggle post by birthrites   at Apr 22,2004 7:59pm
hey, its jonathan the guy setting up the basement show with the_network...the show is the 14th, not the 13th. looks like you have a show that night already...drop me an e-mail or something birth_rites@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 22,2004 8:06pm
I'm pretty sure that Scars Of Tomorrow/Remembering Never show was moved to the PAL in Fall River. You might want to talk to Tony about that...

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 22,2004 8:06pm
The Waltham one that is...

toggletoggle post by FCProTony at Apr 22,2004 8:14pm
The show on Thursday, May 6 with Remembering Never, Scars of Tomorrow, In Dire Need, and Lucas has in fact been moved to the PAL in Fall River, MA.

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Apr 22,2004 10:39pm
i wonder if they ever got the fish smell out of the PAL.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 22,2004 11:14pm
fish - yes
cow hearts - no

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Apr 22,2004 11:56pm
Once you see a kid fall to the ground after taking a pig heart to the face you've officially achieved the meaning of life.

toggletoggle post by XSincethesunriseX  at Apr 23,2004 1:17am
Days Will Die is playing a show with you guys???? Wow, We broke up like a month ago and theres already another band called Days Will Die.... funny... lol thats odd

toggletoggle post by nick   at Apr 23,2004 2:12am
its a pretty generic metalcore sounding name. there are probably 10 other bands somewhere named that as well.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 23,2004 11:44am
nick said:
its a pretty generic metalcore sounding name. there are probably 10 other bands somewhere named that as well.

they've got pretty good vocals

toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 23,2004 11:44am
FCProTony said:
The show on Thursday, May 6 with Remembering Never, Scars of Tomorrow, In Dire Need, and Lucas has in fact been moved to the PAL in Fall River, MA.

i smell a fish hit here.........

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Apr 23,2004 11:54am
you shouldn't play shows with thenightmarecontinues..., i hear the singer likes guys.

toggletoggle post by FCProTony at Apr 25,2004 1:37am
joostin said:
FCProTony said:

i smell a fish hit here.........

Haha. Let me just say this, if a fish is tossed I didn't know a thing about it. Therefore, I couldn't tell you guys not to do it.

Toss A Fish Crew was hands down the funniest thing to take place at a show last summer.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 25,2004 10:11am
you never know what'll happen at an IDN show

toggletoggle post by jake at Apr 25,2004 11:31am
FCProTony - are you responsible for the booking for that may 6th PAL show? if so, would you possibly have room for another band? we'd be more than happy to open if need be.

http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/5032
http://www.kenhaskell.cjb.net

(our live show is alot better than our mp3s will lead you to believe.)

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Apr 25,2004 12:50pm edited Apr 25,2004 12:52pm
Jake. you have a PA, why don't you just mice your instraments and plug the pa line out right into the audio in on your computer and just record the songs? at that quality you could probably have them mastered and wouldn't haveto warn everyone you send them to an mp3....

or maybe I'm talking out of my ass.

toggletoggle post by jake at Apr 25,2004 1:15pm
Niccolai said:
Jake. you have a PA, why don't you just mice your instraments and plug the pa line out right into the audio in on your computer and...

once we can figure out how to "mice our instraments" im sure that would be a better alternative to what we are doing right now.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Apr 25,2004 1:22pm edited Apr 25,2004 1:27pm
If your not sure how to mice your instraments, you could try micing them too.

Mic wasn't originally a real word so I think I'm allowed to spell it with an e. I really think I can do that...

toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 25,2004 4:02pm
Niccolai said:
If your not sure how to mice your instraments, you could try micing them too.

Mic wasn't originally a real word so I think I'm allowed to spell it with an e. I really think I can do that...

mice are cute.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Apr 25,2004 5:37pm
.. I didn't want to be the one to say it.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 25,2004 6:28pm
Niccolai said:
.. I didn't want to be the one to say it.

hahahahaha

toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 26,2004 5:42pm
bump

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Apr 26,2004 6:02pm
You're an idiot. The D/A converters on a computer suck ass they only have a 8bit range if i remember correctly, so it will still sound like ass. You can't get a good master from a horrible mix without paying an assload of money. What you want to do is get a console and track through the console through a USB or firewire connection. Firewire being the best way to go. Import the tracks into protools, nuendo, or whatever you want. It'll still sound like shit if you don't know how to mic properly or use the proper mics.

I havent listened to that band to know what they sound like, but I just wanted to tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

So what i'm trying to say: Hire a fucking engineer. Hell you can find them for free in many situations.

Niccolai said:
Jake. you have a PA, why don't you just mice your instraments and plug the pa line out right into the audio in on your computer and just record the songs? at that quality you could probably have them mastered and wouldn't haveto warn everyone you send them to an mp3....

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 26,2004 6:24pm
the a/d d/a converters can be upgraded

he needs mics from the sound of it. i have whole bunch. and a console and a 24 track and sonar and............
why do protools users always seem like pompus assholes? if you spent as much time playing your fucking instrument as you did pitch correcting and cut and pasting songs together and learning software you wouldnt fucking need protools.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Apr 26,2004 8:34pm
there is a difference between live and studio. you can cut and paste parts to make everything sound perfect in the studio because everything should sound PERFECT. "oh wow... the band didnt make everything in ONE take!!!!! they arent that good anymore!!!!! WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!" im appalled that most people still dont understand the meaning of studio recording.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Apr 26,2004 10:31pm
Protools isn't always used as a perfection tool. It's a digital mixer. It would still be needed. So what if you can cut paste. They are talking about recording cheaply and effectly so I told them how to do it. And I was an asshole. Good for me. and the d/a converters in a soundcard are always shit. It's slow.

Josh_hates_you said:
the a/d d/a converters can be upgraded

he needs mics from the sound of it. i have whole bunch. and a console and a 24 track and sonar and............
why do protools users always seem like pompus assholes? if you spent as much time playing your fucking instrument as you did pitch correcting and cut and pasting songs together and learning software you wouldnt fucking need protools.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Apr 26,2004 10:59pm
attendmyrequiem said:
You're an idiot. The D/A converters on a computer suck ass they only have a 8bit range if i remember correctly, so it will still sound like ass. You can't get a good master from a horrible mix without paying an assload of money. What you want to do is get a console and track through the console through a USB or firewire connection. Firewire being the best way to go. Import the tracks into protools, nuendo, or whatever you want. It'll still sound like shit if you don't know how to mic properly or use the proper mics.

I havent listened to that band to know what they sound like, but I just wanted to tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

So what i'm trying to say: Hire a fucking engineer. Hell you can find them for free in many situations.

Niccolai said:

I record through my Mbox and the mastery sounds fine.
going into the audio in right on the computer wouldn't be as good, maybe not as good as I made it sound like but its much better quality than the recordings they had before maybe demo quality if done correctly.

toggletoggle post by attendmyrequiem at Apr 26,2004 11:52pm edited Apr 27,2004 12:01am
an M-box is an interface to use protools as a console and guess what, it uses firewire. and it wasn't mastered, you just happened to get a decent mix. there is a big difference.

mastering is getting the best sound out of a two track mix that is suitable with normal home stereos with the use of EQ's and compression.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 27,2004 12:12am
TheGreatSpaldino said:
"oh wow... the band didnt make everything in ONE take!!!!! they arent that good anymore!!!!! WAHHHHHHH!!!!!!" im appalled that most people still dont understand the meaning of studio recording.

this is what punching in is for. i do studio recording. i just use a minimalist aproach. arguabley all the best recording in history where done before protools and digital recording. led zepplin for example damn those bonham drum sounds.

toggletoggle post by joostin at Apr 27,2004 5:10pm
despite what the thread has turned into, who'll be attending some of these shows?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Apr 27,2004 5:45pm
I'll be at Vital Remains. Joostin, can you please email me at odiumvile@hotmail.com, I got a question...

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][8:07:52am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01746 secs/17 queries]
[search][refresh page]