New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> US Court Rules AGAINST FCC On Net Neutrality In Big Win For Comcast by Slag NLI on Apr 6,2010 2:01pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Slag NLI at Apr 6,2010 2:01pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/06/n...neutrality-us-court-r_n_526972.html

"Comcast swung an ax at the FCC to protest the BitTorrent order," Scott said. "And they sliced right through the FCC's arm and plunged the ax into their own back."

Big Money 1, Government 0.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 6,2010 2:10pm
Usually any win for Comcast is a loss for the general public. This is no exception.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 6,2010 2:21pm
not if you listen to jay severin. he claims that this is the freedom doctrine and will destroy conservative radio.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Apr 6,2010 3:06pm
Pretty soon you'll have to pay 5.99 to comcast just to view one site.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 6,2010 3:08pm
I hope it's this site and I get a cut.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Apr 6,2010 3:12pm
Sure you may get a "cut" but that doesn't mean people are going to pay $9.99 a month for the "METAL BLOG AND FORUM PACKAGE" on top of what they pay for their internet. If the court continues to rule in favor of bullshit terrible ISPs like comcast, the internet as we view it now will never be the same.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 6,2010 3:17pm
got it, you would rather a big company get the money and not me.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Apr 6,2010 3:21pm
no what i said was that yea through a contract by ISPs your site would be put into the 100 site METAL BOG AND FORUM PACKAGE. Customers can spend the extra money to actually be able to visit your site by purchasing that package. What I'm saying is how many people do you feel are going to pay? Its the principal of the thing and its something the ISPs shouldn't even be THINKING of doing, but they are. You want to play fantasy sports? Well pony up the $5-$10 for the sports package. You like to shop online? Well give us another $5-$10 for the retail and shopping package. These handcuffs on the internet are a very REAL idea ISPs like comcast are pushing.

toggletoggle post by ark at Apr 6,2010 3:23pm
Never thought you'd be rooting for the FCC but...there you go...
They throttle bandwidth and they lose customers. Unfortunately in many areas they have a monopoly on the network but there ARE other ISP resellers out there that don't use the Comcast network (which much of their network is sublet-ed from backbone providers). The worst part though is that ISP customers won't even know the difference because they don't know what the hell they're paying for.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Apr 6,2010 3:23pm
I love how you niggas are realizing this now.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Apr 6,2010 3:28pm
nigga ive been posting about net neutrality since comcast started trying to get their dick wet in our wallets 3 years ago.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Apr 6,2010 3:29pm
good thing i'm a charter customer though. this still pisses me off.

toggletoggle post by ark at Apr 6,2010 3:30pm
like reim said, IF comcast has their way, you wouldn't see any extra money, and less users hit your site, because they would hold they keys to what their subscribers could access. the internet would become a tiered service like cable tv channels are. you want the social networking package, that's $5 a month. youtube and hulu? $15 a month because that means you'd be watching less tv.

The actual content providers (like how YouTube is part of Google) would be pretty pissed about this. That's why Google is siding with the FCC on this one.

I really don't see this ruling have too many far-reaching implications because of that. Even if Comcast did restrict these there are ways around it. It's the friggin internet.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Apr 6,2010 3:32pm
Millions of people would revolt if the Internet is no longer "free"

toggletoggle post by ark at Apr 6,2010 3:36pm
That too. It's funny Comcast doesn't care what their customers are capable of. If you wanted to flood them with support calls and angry customers and terminate service to a neighborhood...the com lines are RIGHT THERE.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Apr 6,2010 3:38pm
Bring bcak mediaone roadrunner.

Cumcast sucks.

toggletoggle post by Slag NLI at Apr 6,2010 3:49pm

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Apr 6,2010 3:52pm
haha one of the best skits they did

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Apr 6,2010 7:28pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
I love how you niggas are realizing this now.

LOL @ u being ill-informed as to our being ill-informed

IT'S NOT A TRUCK

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Apr 6,2010 8:38pm
lol @ loling @ that but @ loling a lol @ why is my myst cd so scratched

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Apr 6,2010 10:09pm
Did you perchance run it through a series of tubes?

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Apr 6,2010 10:48pm
You are all newbs, this ruling just opens the door to comcast's death, so many new providers will pop up offering cheaper service.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Apr 6,2010 10:53pm
I'm gonna offer a heavy metal homosexual dating service through my own highly stylized ISP. I'll be rich.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Apr 6,2010 10:55pm edited Apr 6,2010 10:55pm
nub said
You are all newbs, this ruling just opens the door to comcast's death, so many new providers will pop up offering cheaper service.

ark said[orig][quote]
in many areas they have a monopoly on the network but there ARE other ISP resellers out there that don't use the Comcast network

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Apr 6,2010 10:56pm
And then I'll live in a morbid castle with my own harem and I'll eat lots of lopsters while I watch snuff movies and videos of children in Africa starving to death.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Apr 6,2010 10:58pm
Then I'll grow an aristocratic mustash and wear belly shirts with my band's logo on them and I'll be terribly rude and people will hail my creative genius.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 6,2010 11:06pm
Today it's our internet. Tomorrow it's our ore refinery's and tesla coils.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Apr 7,2010 12:13am
AND OUR DIRIGIBLES

OH THE HUMANITY

toggletoggle post by Bobnomaamrooney at Apr 7,2010 12:30am
Dirigibles haven't been invented yet, I take it you're one of those sheeple who think there were tanks in WW1

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Apr 7,2010 12:33am
STFU AND BUILD MOAR PYLONS

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Apr 7,2010 1:34am
TRY TO BUILD STRUCTURES OFF THE CREEP, YOU WON'T

toggletoggle post by NUB SAYS at Apr 7,2010 8:06am
SO MANY NUBS WAT DO I DO

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][11:05:35am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01503 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]