New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> what do you think when you find out one of your bands is on MTV? by succubus on Apr 21,2004 9:24am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 21,2004 9:24am
like on uranium, fuse, MTV2 i'm seeing more and more...and now with ozzfest comnig up, i think it will only increase...

how do you feel about this?

i for one have to say, i think it can be a good thing, exposing great music to the masses...and "underground" bands becoming more successful. but at the same time, then all the "numetal" kids are waering shirts to bands YOU like and it's like..."poser" hahaha

i dunno...anyhow..just wanted your thoguht on this.

toggletoggle post by triumphantgleam666 at Apr 21,2004 9:26am
I used to give a shit, but Metal is growing at an exponential rate. So in the long run, is it even worth the emotions anymore?

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Apr 21,2004 9:37am
sell outs

sarcasm turned way up

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 9:48am
The only problem is having to listen to people like the singer of suffocation
'this next fucking song is off our new fucking cd, it's fucking brutal, i wouldnt fucking put my fucking name on it if it wasnt fucking brutal. we just fucking shot a fucking video for this fucking song that will be on fucking mtv. I want to see this whole fucking place go fucking nuts, from back to fucking front. we're fucking suffocation'

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Apr 21,2004 9:52am edited Apr 21,2004 9:53am
fucking A joe what the fuck are you fucking trying to fucking say joe you fuck idiot fuck

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 9:58am
Thats how the moron from suffocation talked between songs.
It was wicked gay, I hope he dies.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2004 10:01am
frank is from ny.. that's why he talks like that.
he's got the worst accent even, but he loves the_network so he's aces in my book.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 21,2004 10:57am
i am going to anal rape that chick from the uranium show
julia c's poop cutter will be mine

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 10:58am
make sure to video tape the rape scene, and then dub deicide over it, so they can have a music video.

toggletoggle post by dneirflrigruoydelianI   at Apr 21,2004 11:02am
It is a natural cycle in 5+ years metal will be "dead" again to the mainstream, the boy band craze will happen again, then the kids will realize that is shit. They will then move on to what ever hard rock is on the radio to feel rebellious or to woo there feelings cause their adolesent girlfriend/boyfriend dumped them, and once they mature they will all realize the "underground" music scene and metal will once again be cool, and i will be drunk...still.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 11:04am
I wonder if I will still be around in 5 years...Carina, look into your magic ball and tell me my future.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Apr 21,2004 11:06am
As long as the music doesn't change, I could care less.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 11:08am
I agree with Moran, in fact, I hope good music gets on MTV and those stations so that there can be more fans.

Who cares when or how someone got into a good band, as long as they got into it and like it.

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Apr 21,2004 12:26pm
At first I was kind of annoyed that bands I like are starting to get so big and get tv coverage and stuff.

then I realized I as just jealous.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Apr 21,2004 12:42pm
i dunno how big it is if i cant get MTV2 from my cable company... bastards...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2004 12:54pm
doooood if it's on MTV is sucks ass.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 12:58pm
basically, if Aaron has taken photos of the band then they are posers.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2004 1:02pm
exactly... it's gotta be cvlt.
fuck this scene site

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 21,2004 1:03pm
aaron was on CANADIAN MTV
bahahaha
ha

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Apr 21,2004 1:05pm
I got in an argument with Julia from Uranium last year at metalfest. OH MAN IS SHE A CUNT. Anyway, I guess it depends on the band. If the music is as good as before, spectacualr, credit to them. Dimmu, cradle, slayer, in flames, type O have all changed the way they sound in the last few years which is mega queer and Im bothered by stuff like that, whereas bands like Nile seem to only get better, even though Nile now has a video that was on mtv

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 21,2004 1:07pm
what was your argument about?

i met her a few times

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 1:11pm
I like God Hates Us All by Slayer. It's not as good as some of the older discs for sure, but better then the one before it.

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Apr 21,2004 2:03pm
Ok MTV sucks and we all know this, but if bands like Nile and Morbid Angel can get their videos played on MTV To let the simple masses know about stronger, heavier, faster music out there I think it's beneficial to the whole seen. I mean Deeds Of Flesh as a video being played on Xtreme or whatever that channel is. So it's good in that aspect. Will death metal become mainstream, probaly not ever, but it will get more extreme than ever.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Apr 21,2004 2:08pm
i will be dead in 3 years

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Apr 21,2004 2:20pm
succubus said:

i met her a few times

I didnt have cable at the time, so I didnt know she had a show. My friend told me she had a show so I figured Id go see what it was all about. She was SOOOO offended that I hadnt heard of her show, she started saying all this 'youre not a real metalhead, you dont know whats REALLY going on in the underground, youre fucking clueless' yada yada yada. Im just like 'shut the fuck up Im SOOOO sorry ive never seen your show.' Turns out the show sucks anyway.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 21,2004 2:51pm
oh man jellyfish that sucks...

she was really sweet to me the first time i met her...second time too, then the 3rd time, she didn't remember meeting me (no big deal) but she also had an entourage...blah
i feel bad for her though..she's got a drug habit she can't seem to kick

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2004 3:02pm
probably cause she's a worthless cunt like more people on TV.
jellyfish's experience shows it.
I've never seen her f'n show and (even though I was on it) I don't ever want to see it. She seems like an ultra hip person who only has time to talk to people who are in bands so she can fuck them and stay in vogue.

TheGreatSpaldino said:
she will be dead in 3 years

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Apr 21,2004 3:06pm
JellyFish said:
succubus said:

i met her a few times

I didnt have cable at the time, so I didnt know she had a show. My friend told me she had a show so I figured Id go see what it was all about. She was SOOOO offended that I hadnt heard of her show, she started saying all this 'youre not a real metalhead, you dont know whats REALLY going on in the underground, youre fucking clueless' yada yada yada. Im just like 'shut the fuck up Im SOOOO sorry ive never seen your show.' Turns out the show sucks anyway.

was this the girl at metal fest last year in those hot plaid pants, and said she loved cock on stage while giving a free guitar to some old guy?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2004 3:08pm
probably, I also heard some story about her shitting off something or shitting in a bag for some band like slipknot.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 21,2004 3:12pm
Yes abbath that's her
and yes aaron, i told you that story because i saw the episode.

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Apr 21,2004 3:16pm
she just had a real bitch of an attitude for someone who seems so fake.

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Apr 21,2004 3:19pm
I really don't care if a good band gets on MTV. I haven't seen a good band on MTV in years, other than Turbonegro and I was happy for them. Morbid Angel, Carcass, Death, Dark Angel, etc were all on MTV a long time ago, no big deal. Metalcore on MTV doesn't bother me at all, it could be the next nu-metal for all I care.

Oh and that Julia chick is the definition of poser. My ex girlfriend (another metal poser) is friends with her. Julia is 21, looks 35, snorts coke off Devil Driver's cocks, doesn't know shit about metal, ugly, annoying, etc. Fuck her. Waste of space.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 3:27pm
I heard you were a poser and in a insecure act, suckerpunched someone from behind...

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Apr 21,2004 3:31pm
Yeah, I heard I got arrested, got beat up in jail by spanish guys, and now I'm getting sued!

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Apr 21,2004 3:31pm
Ninkaszi187 said:
Oh and that Julia chick is the definition of poser. My ex girlfriend (another metal poser) is friends with her. Julia is 21, looks 35, snorts coke off Devil Driver's cocks, doesn't know shit about metal, ugly, annoying, etc. Fuck her. Waste of space.

Oh goodness, you made my day.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2004 3:34pm
hm... I need to start another site...
so I can spread rumors about people.

and I really want to spread the rumor to iraqis that US sodliers are soaking their bullets in pigs blood so any jihadi that gets killed with the blood of these fithy animals won't get into martyrdom and won't get 27 virgins, just one boyfriend named boris with a horse dick who's always horny.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 4:26pm
HAHAHA, good old Boris

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Apr 21,2004 4:50pm
It doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I agree with Spalding though. I watch Head Bangers Ball religously now : P

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Apr 21,2004 6:28pm
i met julia at the NJMHF and she was very nice, even took a picture with me. as for metal bands gaining exposure on tv, as i said before, i love it, and they more than deserve it. i mean if you turned on the tv what would u rather want to see, a Destiny's Child video or a Nile video? i vote Nile. for those of you that want these bands to stay underground and never get any bigger, just remember if everyone felt that same way that u do, bands like Malignancy will never play a show for more than 30 people, while bands like Good Charlotte will never play a show for less than 2,000.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Apr 21,2004 6:41pm
Malignancy are only allowed to play for 20 minutes at any New England show. It's an unwritten rule.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Apr 21,2004 6:43pm
well then let them play for 20 minutes in front of 500 people next time

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2004 9:10pm
If Malignancy wants a longer set then they shouldn't play on shows with 5000 bands.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Apr 21,2004 10:16pm
Or they should play shows that don't get shut down during their set.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 21,2004 10:57pm
zing

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hostile Lusty Convent
[default homepage] [print][9:53:57am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01859 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]