New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Any of you heathens know a foreign language? by SkinSandwich on Mar 30,2010 9:52am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 30,2010 9:52am
Where did you learn it if you do? What are the best programs out there?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 30,2010 9:57am
SkinSandwich said[orig][quote]
Where did you learn it if you do? What are the best programs out there?

a.) high school and college
b.) Rosetta stone

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 30,2010 10:02am
Cool, I always see the Rosetta stone commercials and wonder if it works as well as they prop it up to be.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 30,2010 10:07am
It's way better than any language class I took.
At one point I knew a decent amount of Spanish, then I took German and it fucked everything up. Stick wit one language at a time... Especially since you're older and your brain can't retain language as easily.
I can only read intermediate Spanish now.. Lost interest and that language sucks.

toggletoggle post by ark at Mar 30,2010 10:08am
I don't "know" French but I have enough to get by in very basic conversation, have roots of word and sentence structure. Took 2 years in high school. From English to French is obviously really easy, I have Rosetta Stone and I've been telling myself to do the extended course on it for years.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 30,2010 10:10am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 30,2010 10:18am
high school, college, and dating a girl whose emtire family doesnt speak english and swear like sailors with the clap.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 30,2010 10:20am
and turk learned spanish

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 30,2010 10:21am
Ha, I'm old.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 30,2010 10:31am
i want to learn Russian.

toggletoggle post by Rapers at Mar 30,2010 10:31am
Italian, Latin, Greek, Russian. Italian was my first language, latin and greek in school and russian i was super high with nothing to do for six months and lived next to a library

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 30,2010 10:35am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i want to learn Russian.

come to "middleberg".

The highschool is one of 3-4 highschools in the state that teach it. Or at least that's what the town says

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 30,2010 10:40am
yeah... there's a great and useful language to learn... thriving economy, no massive social problems, and no 750% AIDS rate. I heard that in russia, they don't even concider that you have AIDS unless you have 3 infections of super-AIDS.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 30,2010 10:43am
you'll be eating those words when the Commies take over and i'm the prepared one.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 30,2010 10:47am edited Mar 30,2010 10:48am
I want to learn German as it is a pissed off language, plus I am hitting up Octoberfest in a few years. A few other languages too as I want to work in hospitals as a translator. Also to piss people off when they do not understand what I am saying.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 30,2010 10:47am
remember the posioned spy a couple of years ago?

toggletoggle post by Rapers at Mar 30,2010 10:48am
hold on Rev. It sounds like your taking about Aids in a negative light right now.

toggletoggle post by ark at Mar 30,2010 10:54am
I think Russian and Chinese are the most valuable languages to learn right now.

French isn't bad either, it's the primary language of ~28 countries and essential for business/tech.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 30,2010 10:57am
With super-AIDS out there, regular AIDS is like nothing special.

french is worthless. russian is worthless. chinese is worthless to us. What is smart is learning 1) English 2) the language of the masses where you live.
So for all of us, learn english and learn portuguese.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Mar 30,2010 11:06am
ITT: Rev speaks AIDS

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 30,2010 11:07am
I think we've discovered the conservative way of thinking in uber hippy.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Mar 30,2010 11:12am
I wonder what the 'Mericans of Hellwolf have to say about this unpatriotic faggot of a thread?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Mar 30,2010 11:25am
I speak Portuguese at home and took 8 years of Spanish. I can comfortably chat up a Spanish man if he doesn't care if I mix up my subjunctive mood sometimes.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 30,2010 11:26am
Ebonics

toggletoggle post by Martins the curious sidekick of Dora the explorer at Mar 30,2010 11:35am
haha i lol chicos soy un profesor de portugués peluda de una alimentación sana gauyz haha lol

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Mar 30,2010 11:53am
Ich spreche kliene Duestsch

toggletoggle post by Rapers at Mar 30,2010 11:59am
Im sure Martins is hyped he can comfortably chat up a Spanish man, it sucks having to explain eating asshole with only hand gestures.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Mar 30,2010 12:19pm
hehe

toggletoggle post by Goatrider  at Mar 30,2010 1:20pm
I just got the Rosetta Stone pack for Russian. So far it's pretty much just pictures of children playing, which I have to identify with the proper word. Then I'm rewarded with more pics of adorable kids.

Looks like the days of Russian for Dummies and girl's gymnastic shows are dead and gone.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 30,2010 1:22pm
LOL Rape

toggletoggle post by mutis  at Mar 30,2010 1:41pm
I'm trying to learn Abenaki, but it's hard because nobody else knows it...

toggletoggle post by Rapers at Mar 30,2010 1:48pm
than why learn it

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 30,2010 1:49pm
learn elvish.

toggletoggle post by ancient master at Mar 30,2010 2:56pm
i can speak Nepali, I learned it in Nepal

toggletoggle post by shithead at Mar 30,2010 6:12pm
i can speak Russian. learned it while living in Ukraine and having a Russian/Ukrainian girlfriend.

Russian is not exactly useful in terms of business or having to speak it here in the US, but it's awesome if you like travelling, particularly in the former-U.S.S.R. neck of the woods (cue crickets).

you can use it in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Mongolia, Georgia (to an extent), Azerbaijan (to a small extent)....

probably doesn't seem like an appealing part of the world to you guys but i think that whole area is pretty fucking bad-ass. lots of space, basically no tourists, lots of crazy random and brutal history, some of the best girls there are to offer in the world (seriously), and people who are surly at first but will fight to the death for you after knowing you for one evening!

toggletoggle post by blessed offal at Mar 30,2010 6:18pm
i speak bocci, its like a second language to me.

BASIC: Can you turn the gravity down a little?
BOCCI: Peez doz gravorti dow pinti?

toggletoggle post by blessed offal at Mar 30,2010 6:20pm
ancient%20master said[orig][quote]
i can speak while gargling semen, I learned it while ordering a pizza with semen in my mouth

toggletoggle post by slarchetype at Mar 30,2010 8:06pm
i can speak pig latin, i went to midnight mass at bobbys church last christmas and just kinda picked it up.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Mar 30,2010 8:11pm
Can speak and read some basic Mandarin, can speak a tiny amount of Farsi.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 30,2010 8:30pm
BobNOMAAMRooney%20nli said[orig][quote]
Can speak and read some basic Mandarin, can speak a tiny amount of Farsi.

Smart man, since China pretty much owns this country from a financial standpoint.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][7:32:52am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.04340 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]