New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Lost S06E09 "Where Richard gets all his eyeliner"On Now by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real on Mar 23,2010 9:31pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at Mar 23,2010 9:31pm
On now!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 23,2010 10:00pm
i was told this episode is a must see. not reading this thread and almost read to stay up all night to see it.

toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at Mar 23,2010 10:05pm
Jeez. A lot happened here. I need to process.

toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at Mar 23,2010 10:06pm
My lips are sealed.

toggletoggle post by bornofosichris  at Mar 23,2010 10:13pm
the most metal episode of LOST thus far, no? totally awesome.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 23,2010 11:28pm
after seeing this episode, all I hope is that they explain who Jacob and "The Man In Black" really are

.....and there was a second there where I actually thought they were in hell

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Mar 26,2010 1:13pm
This episode was awesome.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard, $Version=1 at Mar 26,2010 2:17pm
So good.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2010 9:32pm
watching now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2010 9:35pm
he does where eyeliner... weird... never thought about it before.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2010 9:39pm
funny, I've said the "hell" thing before.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 27,2010 9:49pm
great episode. Jacob's wine metaphor gave away what the MIB is, and i think i know who he is.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2010 9:56pm
HOLY SHIT! SCOTT POSTS... AND THIS EPISODE IS FIGGIN AMAZING.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2010 9:58pm
wow... that's how ricardo knew of the dynamite.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 27,2010 10:00pm
i post occasionally, usually just troll.
the people who i've told my "MIB identity" to are pissed now, cuz they're convinced that i'm dead on and spoiled it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2010 10:36pm
what an awesome awesome episode.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Mar 28,2010 6:31am
DomesticTerror said[orig][quote]
great episode. Jacob's wine metaphor gave away what the MIB is, and i think i know who he is.

Please discuss, kind sir.

toggletoggle post by sethrich   at Mar 28,2010 9:42am
Awesome ep, been wanting to know about Richard's background for awhile now. Where have we seen the MIB before? I can't remember...

toggletoggle post by nick327 at Mar 28,2010 9:46am
Good episode overall, but does anyone else think the reason for the statue being destroyed was the most retarded thing on this show since Nikki and Paulo?

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 28,2010 12:08pm
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said[orig][quote]

Please discuss, kind sir.

i'll pm you so i don't ruin it for others.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 28,2010 12:24pm
nick327 said[orig][quote]
Good episode overall, but does anyone else think the reason for the statue being destroyed was the most retarded thing on this show since Nikki and Paulo?
i fully back this statement.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 28,2010 12:27pm
sethrich said[orig][quote]
Awesome ep, been wanting to know about Richard's background for awhile now. Where have we seen the MIB before? I can't remember...
wasnt he on the beach with jacob and he said "you know im going to kill you" or something like that. I think they were looking at the ocean as a ship came in. a ship that couldnt be the blackmoore cause it came in during a storm.

i read a explaination on a lost theories site this morning explaining the timeline as in needles skipping.

toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at Mar 30,2010 12:53pm

i'll pm you so i don't ruin it for others.

No way, then when you're wrong no one can laugh at you! Have the balls to put it out there, no one reads these threads but the two or three of us anyway.

This episode effectively killed my Smoke Monster is Dan Faraday theory. Since Dan wasn't on the boat, he couldn't have been the one to bring the journal onboard.

I'm curious to hear what you think. I really don't see any more mysteries left except the whole "who replaces Jacob". We know what the island is, what the numbers are, what the smoke monster is, who Richard is and where he came from, Who Dharma was, and who the Others are. Is there really anything else left?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 30,2010 1:10pm
I've thought jack is going to replace jacob.
I read this theory: http://www.theoriesonlost.com/2010/03/lost...-aka-the-skeleton-in-jacobs-closet/

there are somethings in it that I don't believe... there are somethings in there that I don't remember... but it's not a bad tie together.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 30,2010 4:27pm edited Mar 30,2010 4:51pm
The Man In Black is a Djinn, possibly Iblis from the Qur'an.
according to the Qur'an, God made 3 forms of intelligent life: Angels, Djinn, and Man. after god created man, he commanded the angels and djinn to bow before man. a djinn named Iblis refused, so god condemned him to hell, but wouldn't send him there until His day of judgement (no idea why, but hey, that's religion for ya.) Iblis then vowed to spend his time until judgement day corrupting Man so that they would all go to Hell with him.
also, there's a story about one of Solomon's wives being half djinn, and apparently she went mad, so i'm wondering if our MIB is some combination of both tales.

the bottle metaphor made me think "genie" so i looked up more about the djinn (all i know is from wes craven) and thanks to wikipedia i found all that qur'an shit.
obviously, the Lost writers are making their own tale, but i figure this is basically what they've based the MIB character on.

*edit for spelling

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 30,2010 4:30pm
i should probably add that my guess is that Jacob is an angel or some agent of God who is charged with keeping the MIB on the island, thus preventing MIB from roaming the earth and corrupting mankind.

toggletoggle post by sethrich   at Mar 30,2010 4:49pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
sethrich said[orig][quote]
wasnt he on the beach with jacob and he said "you know im going to kill you" or something like that. I think they were looking at the ocean as a ship came in. a ship that couldnt be the blackmoore cause it came in during a storm.

Oh yeah, that sounds vaguely familiar.

Although I think you mean Black Rock, not Blackmoore (what the hell is that???).

toggletoggle post by sethrich   at Mar 30,2010 4:52pm
Arrowhead%20NLI%20NLI%20for%20real said[orig][quote]

I'm curious to hear what you think. I really don't see any more mysteries left except the whole "who replaces Jacob". We know what the island is, what the numbers are, what the smoke monster is, who Richard is and where he came from, Who Dharma was, and who the Others are. Is there really anything else left?

It doesn't really count as an island mystery, but there's obviously something meaningful that's locked in the submarine. Remember Sawyer asking what was inside that door? I'm betting it's Desmond. I don't think we've seen the last of him...

toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at Mar 30,2010 7:14pm
I follow what you're saying. I don't know if they'll specifically reveal what MIB is, but you've got the right idea with the Jinn.

Honestly I never really got into the whole Jacob thing. The whole mystery of the island and Dharma were revealed (and not even in the fucking show, which is CHEAP) I lost a lot of interest in the remaining questions. I was very curious about the smoke monster, but hate what it turned out to be. I still don't understand the point of the clanking noises, since all this time I've been thinking it was mechanical.

I think I know what is in the locked room on the sub. The island alumni on the plane brought a box with them, containing a nice new body for the MIB to occupy to find his loophole. So I wonder if Widmore has brought along a corpse of his own for Jacob?

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 30,2010 7:21pm edited Mar 30,2010 7:21pm
I don't know what the noises the smoke monster make are supposed to represent in the show....but clearly they recorded the printing sounds of an Okidat printer and used that...at least that's what it sounds like to me

toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at Mar 30,2010 7:25pm
You're right. It is the sound of a cab receipt being printed.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 30,2010 7:39pm
oh shit... i need to get home!

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 30,2010 7:45pm
i still want to know who the hell Wallace is.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Mar 30,2010 7:46pm
I cant watch till Thurs :(

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 30,2010 7:49pm
i still want to know who the hell Wallace is.

he's related to David Wallace, former CEO of Dunder Mifflin

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 30,2010 8:07pm
i want to see who jack's kid's mom is.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 30,2010 8:07pm
....but in all serious, who has the last name "Friendly?"

toggletoggle post by sethrich   at Mar 31,2010 12:46pm edited Mar 31,2010 12:47pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
....but in all serious, who has the last name "Friendly?"

Could it be "Mr. Friendly"? The guy who kidnapped Walt.

toggletoggle post by sigh at Mar 31,2010 10:17pm
I'm not convinced that Jacob is entirely the good guy here. When Richard fist met the MIB he told him that the devil stole his body and that the only way to get off the island was to kill the devil.

He would have to kill him with the same dagger the dude from the last samurai gave Sayid to try and kill Locke/the MIB. Could have just been a lie. When Sayid tried it had no effect on Locke, but worked when Ben stabbed Jacob in the chest. Not sure if that was the same blade though.

Also the show has really taken on a good vs evil and religious context. If you think of "the greatest trick the devil ever played" convincing others he doesn't exist. That's basically exactly what Jacob did when Richard first met Jacob. He immediately dismissed the notion he was the devil and that Richard was in hell. Truth or a Lie?

Also what the fuck was so important about Walt in those earlier seasons?

toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at Mar 31,2010 10:51pm
Yes, Friendly is Tom Friendly, or Zeke as we may know him.

As for Walt, sigh, He was supposed to be a very important character in the show, but when the writers strike hit he aged too fast to still be able to play the role so they wrote him out. As another tidbit: Ben Linus was only supposed to be a very small role (he was signed on for just a couple episodes) but people liked him so much they rewrote his part, and made him leader of the others. (originally meant to be Eloise Hawking).

toggletoggle post by Arrowhead NLI NLI for real at Mar 31,2010 10:53pm
And I predict that the finale will be Mr Ecko coming back and fucking up the smoke monster in a steel cage match.

toggletoggle post by sigh at Mar 31,2010 11:16pm
I miss Ben being an evil mother fucker. He just seems so defeated now.

...and original Locke fucking shit up with knives.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 31,2010 11:22pm
ya know what's weird? I distinctly remember when they were first introducing Locke's character in the beginning, they were playing him up like some sort of evil guy...Locke himself being evil never really materialized that way though, even though he's now the MIB's vessel

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][12:49:53pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.02545 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]