New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Survival Of The Dead by notorious_D.U.G. on Mar 21,2010 7:46pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by notorious_D.U.G. at Mar 21,2010 7:46pm
Holy shit this was the biggest piece of shit I've seen in a long time. It made Diary look good. I wish I could wrap my brain around why Romero can't for the life of him make a good zombie move anymore. It's like he's not even trying to turn out a good product. Oh well, maybe it's just me expecting too much again.

toggletoggle post by blessed offal at Mar 21,2010 7:47pm
oh this is already out. didnt see diary cuz i heard it was a pile of undead fecal matter but i had semi-high hopes about this one.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Mar 21,2010 7:55pm
He's old.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 22,2010 8:10am
ugh. is this at Kendall?

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 22,2010 9:04am
Yeah, saw trailers for this and just from that I cringed. I feel bad for Romero that he put out two pieces of shat in a row. Survival has a "Western" theme to it I guess which to me is retarded. I think romero felt he needed to put out this shit movie and Diary to appease his rabid dead fans. BTW, Dawn of the dead and day of the Dead FTW!!

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 22,2010 9:06am
I guess he had to come out with something "original" since they were bastardizing The Crazies.

toggletoggle post by notorious_D.U.G. at Mar 22,2010 5:43pm
nah. I downloaded it. heard it was shit, wasn't gonna pay for it in the theater. Someone needs to watch it and be angry with me.

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Mar 22,2010 6:03pm
No what he really needs to do is get Savini back and break out the fuckin latex and robitics. CGI gore = gay.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 22,2010 6:05pm
BlackoutRick said[orig][quote]
CGI gore = gay.

agreed.

toggletoggle post by blessed offal at Mar 22,2010 6:05pm
No what he really needs to do is get Savini back and break out the fuckin latex and robitics. CGI gore = gay.

seriously look what savini did for that robert rodriguez flick planet terror, not all analog, but it'd do wonders for romero these days, since he can't seem to write a decent plot or come up with mildly sympathetic characters anymore.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Mar 22,2010 6:06pm
the new crazies wasn't that bad. was it his best work? fuck no but it certainly wasn't terrible.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 22,2010 6:17pm
For the record, he should do a follow up to either dawn or day. It could easily work. Hell, I could think of a story to follow these 2 movies.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Mar 22,2010 9:45pm
reimroc said[orig][quote]
the new crazies wasn't that bad. was it his best work? fuck no but it certainly wasn't terrible.

Too bad Romero had nothing to do with the remake.

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Mar 22,2010 9:51pm
notorious_D.U.G. said[orig][quote]
Holy shit this was the biggest piece of shit I've seen in a long time. It made Diary look good. I wish I could wrap my brain around why Romero can't for the life of him make a good zombie move anymore. It's like he's not even trying to turn out a good product. Oh well, maybe it's just me expecting too much again.

romero's main goal for each of the movies he made was to use it as a simile/metaphor/whateverthefuck literary term you want to use, in order to compare the characters, zombies, and the decisions they made in the movie, to the way society worked in the real life, and how things needed to be changed from the way they are now. i think hes just gotten lazy and decided not to spend the money on a budget after land of the dead. you'll notice with each movie he made up till diary of the dead (what a piece of shit) that he slowly would characterize the zombies as the good guys (especially in land of the dead). diary of the dead was a 2 hour movie of how we are obsessed with the media and cant even put down a camera if it meant we would be eaten alive by zombies. very political stuff behind all the gore.

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Mar 22,2010 9:54pm

tom savini is one of the best make up effects artists to ever live. anyone here seen the movie the prowler? i love that scene where he blows his head off with the shotgun, they used a real shotgun and filled a prosthetic head with tomato sauce and apples then shot it off haha

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 23,2010 7:44am
Alexecutioner said[orig][quote]

tom savini is one of the best make up effects artists to ever live. anyone here seen the movie the prowler? i love that scene where he blows his head off with the shotgun, they used a real shotgun and filled a prosthetic head with tomato sauce and apples then shot it off haha

you mean Maniac? or is there another movie with the same scene?

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Mar 23,2010 8:40am
Kevord said[orig][quote]
reimroc said[orig][quote]

Too bad Romero had nothing to do with the remake.

except for the fact he was the producer

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Mar 23,2010 8:42am

the prowler is awesome. i knew it was the sheriff the whole time.

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Mar 23,2010 9:34am
Yeti said[orig][quote]

savini has done that trick in a couple movies, im pretty sure maniac was the one with the guy sitting in the car as his head gets blown off, but in the prowler the guy shoots himself in the face with a shotgun, fucking amazing splatter on that one

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Mar 23,2010 9:54am
anyone have a link?

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Mar 23,2010 10:07am
oscarct said[orig][quote]
anyone have a link?

couldn't find anything on youtube for the actual scene but heres a pretty cool behind the scenes of all the killings of the prowler. classic savini. FF to 8:00 for the exploding head.

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Mar 23,2010 10:17am
just kidding found the scene. actually someone has the whole movie up on youtube in 8 parts. FF to 7:25

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 10:26am

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 23,2010 10:34am
Yeti said[orig][quote]

savini has done that trick in a couple movies, im pretty sure maniac was the one with the guy sitting in the car as his head gets blown off, but in the prowler the guy shoots himself in the face with a shotgun, fucking amazing splatter on that one

yeah Maniac is when Tom Savini is sitting in the car and Joe Spinnell runs up on the hood and shoots him with the double-barrel. i watched that scene about 10 times over in slo-mo when i saw it.

Survival of the Dead would be way better if it was a tv show like Survivor, but it was one person with a group of zombies.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Mar 23,2010 10:53am
anyone watch the day of the dead remake? it stars Ving Rhames and the one of the american pie chicks. I made it about 20 minutes before I turned it off.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 10:56am
Dawn of the dead re-make you mean.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Mar 23,2010 10:58am

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 10:58am
LOL at zombie with rotted flesh everywhere but his stomach.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Mar 23,2010 10:58am
I liked most of the dawn remake

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 11:01am
Nah, i saw Ving in the Dawn re-make. I heard the Day re-make was an abortion so i avoided it. Did not know he was in it.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Mar 23,2010 11:03am
keep avoiding it. garbage

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 11:06am
Haha, cool. The Dawn re-make was what it was. It was not a disaster, but I wish they had hoards of slow moving stenches rather then ones that could out run me alive. Something more creepy about the slow movers.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 11:21am

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Mar 23,2010 11:21am
SkinSandwich said[orig][quote]

awesome.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Mar 23,2010 11:23am
I read recently that mtv was working on a dawn of the dead tv series. I am sure it will be excellent.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 11:25am
I read recently that mtv was working on a dawn of the dead tv series. I am sure it will be excellent.

HA!!!!

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 11:34am
I'd rather see "The Walking Dead" TV series coming out on AMC.

http://www.filmjunk.com/2009/08/12/frank-d...ct-the-walking-dead-series-for-amc/

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 23,2010 1:02pm
Haha, cool. The Dawn re-make was what it was. It was not a disaster, but I wish they had hoards of slow moving stenches rather then ones that could out run me alive. Something more creepy about the slow movers.

through all of my zombie apocalypse preparation, there is one contingency. if they are running zombies, suicide it is.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Mar 23,2010 1:06pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]

through all of my zombie apocalypse preparation, there is one contingency. if they are running zombies, suicide it is.

Nah, i'd still try to survive. Then if I didn't i'd join the stenches.

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Mar 23,2010 5:34pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

yeah Maniac is when Tom Savini is sitting in the car and Joe Spinnell runs up on the hood and shoots him with the double-barrel. i watched that scene about 10 times over in slo-mo when i saw it.

Survival of the Dead would be way better if it was a tv show like Survivor, but it was one person with a group of zombies.

haha yea, first time i saw that scene from prowler i used slo-mo and kept watching it over again

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Mar 23,2010 5:34pm
anyone watch the day of the dead remake? it stars Ving Rhames and the one of the american pie chicks. I made it about 20 minutes before I turned it off.

it was fucking awful, worst re-make ever

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Mar 24,2010 5:23pm
Thanks for the Savini apreesh.

toggletoggle post by at Dec 14,2010 4:21pm
watching survival now. meh

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Dec 14,2010 4:21pm
watching survival now. meh

toggletoggle post by boxxy at Dec 14,2010 4:26pm
Terrible, just terrible. When i watched "Diary of the Dead" i was SURE that that would be G. Romero's low point... nope, this movie sucks so much balls. Why can't he do another one like "Dawn" or even "Land"... fuck, i'd take another remake of "Night", but stop all this crap, it's awful.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 22,2011 12:58am
Watching this fucking shitshow now...

This is horrible. Must. Keep. Watching.

toggletoggle post by WHA--- at Feb 22,2011 1:26am
it's just a movie. Romero is used to you folks saying his shit sucks. Im sure their were plenty of people snubbing their nose up at his earlier films.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 22,2011 1:30am
This was worse then I expected.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2011 2:15am
WHA--- said[orig][quote]
it's just a movie. Romero is used to you folks saying his shit sucks. Im sure their were plenty of people snubbing their nose up at his earlier films.

Way to reveal who you really are, lulz

toggletoggle post by WHA--- at Feb 22,2011 2:59am
really are who? Romero will go down as the TYPE Of shit people hope to be. When people think 'zombie flick' they will think of his work or work heavily indebted to him... that's all.

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Feb 22,2011 9:07am
WHA--- said[orig][quote]
really are who? Romero will go down as the TYPE Of shit people hope to be. When people think 'zombie flick' they will think of his work or work heavily indebted to him... that's all.

yea, he contributed more than anyone to the birth of a genre. after all, during production of Night of the Living Dead, they hadnt even coined the term zombie yet, Romero just kept calling them flesh eaters.

however, it doesnt excuse his horrible shit show of a release "Diary of the Dead" or the even worse "Survival of the Dead"

fucking horrible

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2011 4:19pm
this is pretty terrible.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Feb 22,2011 4:51pm
its bad but its no zombi 4 or zombi 5

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][6:12:59am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.02473 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]