New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> hammerax liquicy cymbals by josh_hates_you on Mar 15,2010 1:00am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Mar 15,2010 1:00am
been looking for new cymbals. saw these. do want.

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Mar 15,2010 11:29am
weird

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 15,2010 11:34am
I'm gonna design and market a line of cymbals constructed from Fruit Roll-ups.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Mar 15,2010 11:44am
do want, would break, demo man can play

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Mar 15,2010 11:54am
from what i read they don't break very easily.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 15,2010 11:55am
the only thing is when he muted it, it sounded more like a thud then a nice stop

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Mar 15,2010 11:55am
I would think that the flexibility would actually make them damned near impossible to crack.

Yes, that's a challenge to drummers with shitty technique who manage to break cymbals still.

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Mar 15,2010 12:02pm
brian_dc said[orig][quote]
I would think that the flexibility would actually make them damned near impossible to crack.

Yes, that's a challenge to drummers with shitty technique who manage to break cymbals still.

flexibility is usually a function of how thin a cymbal is, judging by how that cymbal undulates like a fat broads ass cheek, it must be like fucking paper

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Mar 15,2010 12:07pm
i had some ZXT 'trashformer' or something...it was flexible like these but broke the second day i played it. it was definitely some cheap alloy. my shitty technique breaks some cymbals, but others i've had for years. i'd use the 24" as a nice ride.

toggletoggle post by Alexecutioner at Mar 15,2010 8:01pm
looks interesting, but so fucking thin i feel like i would break it, i would probably use it more as a crash than a ride, even tho it appears the idea behind the cymbal is to have a ride that you can crash on really easily (i had a 18" ride/crash, but you had to give it some power to get a good crash out of it)

i was thinking of buying a trashformer, im glad i didnt after what you said, i have a tendancy to play pretty hard on my cymbals

toggletoggle post by slarticus at Mar 15,2010 8:08pm
arktouros said[orig][quote]
i had some ZXT 'trashformer' or something...it was flexible like these but broke the second day i played it. it was definitely some cheap alloy.

its a zxt man, of course its cheap alloy

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 15,2010 8:22pm
considering that purpose number one of a musical instrument is to sound nice, these trash can lids are pretty much useless. in the last video, when the dude is playing the whole kit, the cymbals look like cartoons, which was kind of awesome.

but they have the timbre of sheet metal, literally. do not want.

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 15,2010 8:28pm
also, do you really want your cymbals flopping around like that? if i want a moving target, i'll say 'pull'.

toggletoggle post by t2daeek  at Mar 15,2010 10:04pm
these cymbals sound awesome... save yourself some bread... Dream makes a paper thin 24 that is just as cool and probably half the price, if that.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Mar 16,2010 12:54am
dream cymbals are awful

toggletoggle post by t2daeek  at May 15,2012 11:24pm
i know this an old thread... but in case people were at all curious about these weird fuckers, i just picked up one of these liquicy cymbals this past weekend... lots of great sounds. what these videos don't allow you to hear is the vibrato effect that you get from the cymbals rippling which is really pretty wild. could even be used effectively as a ride in a light jazz setting with a small stick, as a suspended cymbal with mallets, or as a really big "splash"type cymbal. definitely a specialized piece of gear though. not terribly loud. i imagine it would be fairly useless for a metal drummer. they are surprisingly thick considering how much they waver which leads me to believe they would be fairly durable. they come with a four year warranty from hammerax, so if you buy new, bash and crash away. hope that this helps if anyone is still curious.

xgodzillax said[orig][quote]
dream cymbals are awful

funny thing about playing an instrument is that an ok player can make literally anything sound ok. the best player will make anything sound the best. a shitty fucking player will make the best gear sound like fucking shit.

a little late to the game, sorry. take it up with me next time.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][8:07:29pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01695 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]