New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New Healthcare compromise by TheRidersofDoom on Feb 23,2010 8:14am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 23,2010 8:14am
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/22/oba...ml?eref=rss_politics&iref=polticker

• Individuals under Obama's plan would be required to purchase coverage or face a fine of up to $695 or 2.5 percent of income starting in 2016, whichever is greater. The House bill, in contrast, would have imposed a fine of up to 2.5 percent of an individual's income. The Senate plan would have required a person to buy coverage or face a fine of up to $750 or 2 percent of his or her income. All three plans include a hardship exemption for poorer Americans.

I didn't know the constitution allowed us to be fined for not accepting healthcare

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 23,2010 9:24am
also doesn't protect you from getting ass raped by the med and insurance corporations. you forgot the good parts:

• States could choose whether to ban abortion coverage in plans offered in the health insurance exchanges. Individuals purchasing plans through the exchanges would have to pay for abortion coverage out of their own funds. The White House is following the Senate's lead. The stricter House version banned abortion coverage in private policies available in the exchange to people receiving federal subsidies.

• Illegal immigrants would not be allowed to buy health insurance in the health insurance exchanges. They would be exempted from the individual insurance mandate. As with abortion, the White House is adopting the Senate's language.

• Total out-of-pocket expenses would be limited, and insurance companies would be prevented from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions. Insurers would be barred from charging higher premiums based on a person's gender or medical history.

• A 40 percent tax would be imposed on insurance companies providing so-called "Cadillac" health plans valued at more than $27,000 for families. The tax would kick in starting in 2018 for all plans. In contrast, the Senate bill would apply the tax to plans valued at more than $23,000 for families. The House bill does not include the tax, which labor unions vehemently oppose.

• The federal government would assist states by picking up 100 percent of the costs of expanded Medicaid coverage through 2017. The federal government would cover 95 percent of costs for 2018 and 2019, and 90 percent in the following years.

• Health insurance exchanges would be created to make it easier for small businesses, the self-employed and unemployed to pool resources and purchase less expensive coverage.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 23,2010 9:26am
not like it matters to us in MASS because we already have state-mandated healthcare.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2010 10:35am
i don't care one single iota about this. it's going to fail due to corruption and gross negligence anyways.

toggletoggle post by cinnamon ring at Feb 23,2010 10:38am
This just makes me ooze in excitement.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 23,2010 10:39am
PAY 4 h3althcarez??!?!

but I thought Obama's plan meant healthcare would be free??!!!

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Feb 23,2010 10:41am
wait, this all seems so benign, what happened to the death panels? the stalinist microchips embedded in our childrens brainstems? the mandatory loyalty oaths to Obama the peoples champion of the glorious revolution?
has talk radio misinformed me???

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 23,2010 10:49am
lol...

toggletoggle post by cinnamon ring at Feb 23,2010 10:58am

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][4:48:51pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.00984 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]