New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> CNN asks "could you live on 39,000? by TheRidersofDoom on Feb 22,2010 9:47am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 22,2010 9:47am

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2010 9:55am
What a stupid question.
39000 up here ain't nothing. But that same 39000 down south would get you a 3br apt for half the price.
The question should be, "can you live in shitty currupt states that steal and pocket your tax money?"

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 22,2010 10:01am
dem states is currupt

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 22,2010 10:01am
39,000 in NH would be fine, I could happily live the rest of my life on 39,000.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 22,2010 10:40am
i live just fine on 25K a year. if i had a family though i'd be dire straights. hooray for the single life!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2010 10:41am
Damn you guys need better jobs!

toggletoggle post by scmfck at Feb 22,2010 10:42am
as long as i don't have any little fuck-trophys runnin around suckin up all my money thats more than enough. I live just fine off what i make and it sure as hell isn't that much.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2010 10:45am
Wait till you mofos have kids. You'll spend 20k in 2 months

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Feb 22,2010 12:16pm
probably but I wouldnt want to

toggletoggle post by Spaldino at Feb 22,2010 12:35pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Damn you guys need better jobs!

that much money in almost any other state would have you sittin pretty and living a very comfortable life. MA sucks hardcore when it comes to property/housing expenses.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2010 12:39pm
TheRidersofDoom said[orig][quote]
39,000 in NH would be fine, I could happily live the rest of my life on 39,000.
I would love to live your life with blinders on. $39K isn't much now and once the amero is in place, it will be like living on $.05 a day. Way to not have foresight.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2010 12:40pm
I could not live on $39K and pay for this site, my condo, etc...

toggletoggle post by Spaldino at Feb 22,2010 12:59pm
stop buying into this whole amero shit. the more people just accept this shit, the easier it is going to be for them to pull their garbage. everyone should just revolt. it will be so easy, liek omg

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 22,2010 1:00pm
What a stupid question.
39000 up here ain't nothing. But that same 39000 down south would get you a 3br apt for half the price.
The question should be, "can you live in shitty currupt states that steal and pocket your tax money?"

fly a plane into an IRS building or you're a pussy

toggletoggle post by Jonahathome at Feb 22,2010 1:05pm
I survive on less then $10k. Huzzah for being a shithead.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 22,2010 1:49pm
scmfck said[orig][quote]
as long as i don't have any little fuck-trophys runnin around suckin up all my money thats more than enough. I live just fine off what i make and it sure as hell isn't that much.

stop jinxin yourself idiot

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 22,2010 3:09pm
I make 18,000 a year and barely survive. How the fuck do people make 39,000?!?!?! I've never ever been offered even close to that.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 22,2010 3:10pm
In fact, the government feels I make TOO MUCH to be considered for any program BUT Commonwealth Care, and I'm actually on the border for not qualifying for that either. WTF.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 22,2010 3:23pm
39k for a single person, no kids, and splitting and apt with roomate(s) is no sweat. Add wife, kids, mortgage and not so much.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Feb 22,2010 3:28pm
I have lived very easily on 33k a year in NH. It really depends on how much of a pussy consumer you are (things you THINK you need) the state you live in is also a big factor obviously.

toggletoggle post by Slag NLI at Feb 22,2010 3:39pm
I make 50k+ , single and have dirt cheap rent and no car payment. I live the life of luxury and save a ton. Could I live on less? Sure. I go out to eat WAY too much. I can survive on $40 in food a week. Making less would force me to save much less money... leading to a less sure retirement.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 22,2010 5:51pm
I live off 25k give or take, and I'm doing fine for right now anyway. I also have cheap rent, cheap utilities, and no car payment. I'm also about to get rid of me EZ pass to make bills even less, plus I don't have a cell phone with fancy internet shit and stuff.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2010 6:13pm
You guys all have it easy.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 22,2010 7:16pm
It makes me sad to think of all the money I pissed away while I had a girlfriend. Even when I was doing really well, money always seemed tight. My new job hasn't become full time yet but when it does I should be living comfortably, I'd imagine by this time next year I would easily be living somewhere in the $20-30k category.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2010 7:38pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said[orig][quote]
I make 18,000 a year and barely survive. How the fuck do people make 39,000?!?!?! I've never ever been offered even close to that.
go to college, get a skill that people will pay for.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 22,2010 7:39pm
If I lived in Boston (or the surrounding area), I would probably barely survive off any wage too, that city is EXPENSIVE to live in.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2010 7:40pm
You can make 45k with no college. Administrative assistant.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Feb 22,2010 7:43pm
You can also just be willing to work hard/dangerous too. I remember I used to work with two brothers from Carson City, Nevada, they told me out there you could get a job doing iron work making about $42/hr... I wonder how it would compare to out here?

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Feb 22,2010 7:43pm edited Feb 22,2010 7:43pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
I could not live on $39K and pay for this site, my condo, etc...

All right, that's it...........BENEFIT SHOW(S) for RTTP!!!!!

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Feb 22,2010 8:41pm
yeechh, the titular question alone stinks of yuppie arrogance, there are plenty of people who have to make do on far less than that, and thats just in this country.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2010 8:42pm
You can make 45k with no college. Administrative assistant.
all the administrative assistant jobs for people under age 40 are for people with a degree or they go to someone with a degree.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2010 8:44pm
Not in my company. We have an assistant/receptionist that has no degree and makes 40k

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 22,2010 8:55pm
I definitely could. I'm not paying a lot of bills right now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2010 9:25pm
Not in my company. We have an assistant/receptionist that has no degree and makes 40k
and how old is this person?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2010 9:26pm
sums this up perfectly.

Nelson: Skinner gets paid $25,000 a year.
Bart: Let's see, he's 40 years old--Wow, he's a millionaire!
Principal Skinner: I wasn't a principal when I was one!
Milhouse: And in the summer, he paints houses. He's a billionaire!
Principal Skinner: If I was a billionaire, why would I still be living with my mother?
(Kids laugh)
Principal Skinner: They don't seem to listen to logic anymore.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2010 9:32pm
She's a 27 year old Russian girl with nice boobs. Maybe that helps.

But the insurance industry doesn't care about your degree that much; it would help but you don't need it. You have the get certified (ARM, CPCU) if you want to make the big bucks. It essentially going back to school to get your masters/phd

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2010 9:35pm
ok, so in 25 years, she is still going to be making 40K where the poverty line will be at $120K since the amero made the dollar go :(

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 22,2010 9:37pm
and her big boobs will look like this

da komrade.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 22,2010 9:39pm
lol

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Feb 22,2010 11:05pm edited Feb 22,2010 11:06pm
My director of Computer Ops at a wholesale company never went to college and he makes 60k. and hes probably 40 or so I guess thats why. Been there for fucking ever.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Feb 22,2010 11:24pm
All I'm really worried about is when I go back to school this fall what the hell I'm gonna do. I won't be able to work my current job full time, so I'm pretty much gonna have to get a second job and kiss my free time goodbye.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 22,2010 11:39pm
My boss at work is 27 and makes 70,000 a year as a manager, my roommate makes 40,000 as an overnight and he's 28

neither have degrees.

the funny thing is technology moves so fast that I think if I end up going to school by the time I get out I won't be qualified for my field anymore. not to mention no one is hiring entry level right now anywhere.

toggletoggle post by Shannon at Feb 23,2010 1:31am
39,000 would be nice. I make about 21,000 right now and I pay for my own place,take care of a 13yr old on my own and do not receive food stamps/state aid. Granted the place I rent isn't anything great,but with 39k I could maybe get a decent car,rent a bigger place,get my kid a new bed. It's amazing how we manage on such little funds,where there's a will there's a way

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2010 2:46am
quintessence said[orig][quote]
My director of Computer Ops at a wholesale company never went to college and he makes 60k. and hes probably 40 or so I guess thats why. Been there for fucking ever.
and he will be making 55K when he dies.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 23,2010 9:37am
After reading this thread I feel a lot better about my own financial situation.

But yeah, if I had kids I'd be eating spagettios out of a can, and heating up baby bottles over a trash barrel bonfire.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 23,2010 9:41am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
After reading this thread I feel a lot better about my own financial situation.

But yeah, if I had kids I'd be eating spagettios out of a can, and heating up baby bottles over a trash barrel bonfire.

Go for the vasectomy. Best thing I ever did.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 23,2010 9:43am
No kids large?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 23,2010 9:47am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
quintessence said[orig][quote]
and he will be making 55K when he dies.

lulz @ glass ceilings.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 23,2010 9:49am
No kids large?

No sir. The wife and I had the discussion and decided we were far too selfish to spawn. Nothing against you folks that have them, just not for us.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 23,2010 9:50am
My neighbor is 27 and makes 110k. :(

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 23,2010 9:53am
everyone adjusts to their income. i'm lucky i paid for college up front, but as soon as i graduated i went out and got rid of my perfectly good dodge stealth and overpaid for a new car i could fit my drums in. my band room rent costs more than my apartment, between that, phone, insurance, drum expenses (i don't care what anyone says, drumming has by far the most continuous expenses), weed/food, credit card payments... it's impossible to save money. working out an excel budget helps, sticking to it is another matter. i have some side money to dump into a 403(b) and i'll be depositing every paycheck soon.

but i like spending money. traveling > saving. live your life now.

it sucks major balls to have 9,000 left of car payments on a car that's barely worth 3,000 now.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2010 10:48am
i have no desire at all to save money, unless it's for something i want now. i think it's ridiculous to even consider retirement now, with how everything fluctuates so drastically i'm perfectly content in living for the now and crossing the bridges when i get to them. my dad saved his whole life and had his 401k raped during the fiscal crisis recently.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2010 10:49am
plus, the less you have, the less can be taken when the economy collapses.

toggletoggle post by slar you morbid? at Feb 23,2010 10:53am
arktouros said[orig][quote]
i don't care what anyone says, drumming has by far the most continuous expenses

^^^THIS^^^

i like to analogize it to guitar players like so, "imagine if your guitar strings broke less often, but cost 200+ bucks to replace. each.

(and thats just for something that sounds halfway decent, i'll angle-grind half of the metal off my a series before i'll play a zxt)

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 23,2010 10:58am
slar%20you%20morbid? said[orig][quote]
i'll angle-grind half of the metal off my a series before i'll play a zxt)

yeah man...my 18" A projection crash has a 2" death sentence in it, and it was my favorite child. i have to buy 2 cymbals before the next show. fucking a.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Feb 23,2010 11:55am
arktouros said[orig][quote]
it sucks major balls to have 9,000 left of car payments on a car that's barely worth 3,000 now.

+1

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Feb 23,2010 11:56am
i need cymbals too.......

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 23,2010 12:07pm
I went to Bridgewater State College. Almost all the money I made from working part time during those 4 years went to paying off my loan interests and putting money towards my student loans. I still have years left on my loan payments that are the bane of my financial existence. I can't imagine what it must be like to be someone who actually went to a good school.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 23,2010 12:31pm
i was trained well by my parents to live well on low income. fiscal responsibility ftw.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 23,2010 12:55pm
I just want to save enough money so I can own bar/venue/record store/brewery combo place.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 24,2010 12:01am
I just want to save enough money so I can own bar/venue/record store/brewery combo place.

good luck paying the insurance, buying the licensing, paying off the mafia of mass, the government that is.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Bludgeon Slaytanic Man
[default homepage] [print][10:16:03pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02208 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]