New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> [Book] Eating Animals by the_reverend on Feb 8,2010 9:25am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 9:25am

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 9:35am
Buy meat from local farmers who feed their animals what they were meant to eat if it's such a problem

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 9:44am
bzzzt. That doesn't matter since you can feed 15 people off the land to feed one on chicken.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 9:46am
I had incredible steak tips last night.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 9:52am
but could you meet the meat before hand?

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 9:53am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
bzzzt. That doesn't matter since you can feed 15 people off the land to feed one on chicken.

Hahaha If you want to feed 15 people carbohydrates, incomplete proteins, egregious levels of omega 6, phylates, and lectins. I prefer to keep my macro- and micro-nutrient levels in balance.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 9:54am edited Feb 8,2010 9:54am
It's the circle of life. Humans are on the top of the food chain. You're just in denial.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 9:54am
but could you meet the meat before hand?

I went out to Barre, MA a few weeks ago to buy some grassfed meat from this one-man farm. We saw his lands, saw some of his cows and equipment, and bought some fucking tasty meat for a reasonable price.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 9:55am
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
It's the circle of life. Humans are on the top of the food chain. You're just in denial.
I would like a tasty meatball like you to go to africa and think that.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 9:56am
You can't compare socio-economic standing to special standing. Poverty almost always leads to malnutrition and, in the US, obesity.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 8,2010 9:57am
Driving 10 minutes from Worcester to Barre is like crossing 8 state lines.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 9:58am
I was talking about lions martins. Lions would have a big problem with us thinking we were #1.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 9:59am
arktouros said[orig][quote]
Driving 10 minutes from Worcester to Barre is like crossing 8 state lines.

Yeah, place ruled though and the farmer we met was the fucking man. He would break into a Scottish accent in the middle of sentences. Plus, he fucking raises cattle TO EAT THEM.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:00am
I was talking about lions martins. Lions would have a big problem with us thinking we were #1.

Lions can suck my dick.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 10:00am
lol, perhaps you should read more about poaching.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 8,2010 10:05am
Regardless of the fact that they are an impressive predator, lions die when you shoot them.

To each his own, but I really don't believe that a vegan diet is nutritious - especially from a protein standpoint. Some of my most enjoyable meals were from birds that I shot and wrang their necks, and filleted the meat off their breast. Compassion is for pussies, smart conservation is where it's at.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 8,2010 10:05am

Except that we have the special evolutionary advantage of symbolic language and thus technology. So lions go RAWR and we go bang.

Everyone go check out these guys and gals. Aside from their caveman diet, I really like the ideas about exercise being modeled of the way kids play. I want a giant adult playground that I can scramble and jump around on.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 10:07am
There is no question that grassfed animals and other naturally raised animals are better tasting and "morally" better.
But I don't care about that shit when I'm hungry and the supermarket is closer than my local butcher.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:08am
Oh ya, I forgot about John Durant and that recent NYTimes article and Colbert Report interview. That's basically what I do but I'm not as strict with the dairy. It's just eating real food and working out to create a balanced body structure. Been doing it for almost 6 months now.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:09am edited Feb 8,2010 10:10am
There is no question that grassfed animals and other naturally raised animals are better tasting and "morally" better.
But I don't care about that shit when I'm hungry and the supermarket is closer than my local butcher.

For me the moral part is kind of a bonus. I eat grassfed because the animals have a proper ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 (about 1:1) and because they are more nutritious over all. More Vitamin D etc etc.

When I do buy storebought meat, I take an omega-3 supp to make up for the omega-6s.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 8,2010 10:17am
I don't know what your area is like martins, but if you live in an urban area and want to run around but feel like you're in bare feet I suggest Vibram 5 Fingers. They look kinda hokey but I got a pair last fall and they're great for running on everything up to hard gravel and asphalt.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:19am
I don't like Vibrams. Tried a pair on a few weeks ago and it's too weird. I've been wearing Feelmax Pankas for over a month now though. They're another company that makes barefoot shoes but they look more like shoes. Really cool stuff and I notice a huge difference in my gait, foot, and leg strength.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 8,2010 10:21am
They have barefoot boots too? No way.

I need to see if they retail anywhere around here.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:22am edited Feb 8,2010 10:22am
You can order from Amazon too though the sizes differ slightly from Vibram. I'm a 43 for Feelmax but somewhere between a 42 and a 43 for Vibram.

toggletoggle post by slarmageddon at Feb 8,2010 10:24am
martins said[orig][quote]

Lions Lions can suck my dick.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:26am
200% agree

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 10:30am
lol you buy organic shoes too?

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 8,2010 10:31am
They're not organic, they just feel like you're not wearing anything on your feet.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:32am
I don't think they're organic. The soles are still rubber just really thin and really flexible. I can feel the ground underfoot and shit, it just doesn't hurt me if I step on glass or something.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 10:33am
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
Regardless of the fact that they are an impressive predator, lions die when you shoot them.
The same can be said about people... and a paradox.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 10:36am
I like that the born to run and eating animals threads have crossed streams. I wanted to get a set of vibrams since I started running barefoot in the fall, but they look QUEER ARE FUCK and are $80.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:40am
Feelmax. You can find them for about 60-70. Still don't condone long-distance running.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 10:42am
I started running down railroad tracks and downtown barefoot, but i find you have to avoid too many things since you are barefoot, but it just feels better. I'm only looking to run 2-3 miles.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 8,2010 10:43am
Doomkid said[orig][quote]
They're not organic, they just feel like you're not wearing anything on your feet.

That sounds fucking horrible...then again I have flat feet, so I'm always feeling horrible.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:44am
You have flat feet because of shoes. It's a shitty cycle. I never had flat feet but since wearing barefoot shoes, my arch is even higher and stronger.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 8,2010 10:46am
I have flat feet because I was born with shitty feet and shoes made them shittier.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 10:46am
LOL Does it matter?

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 8,2010 10:46am
Nothing matters. Only pain.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:47am
I don't know. I had pretty persistent lower back pain before and since going barefoot, it's all gone.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 8,2010 10:49am
Yeah but you never had flat feet, so fuck you.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 10:50am
weird, too bad there isn't a book about that martins. I should write it and call it born to um.. soemthing.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 10:51am
Well there ya go. Everyone's physique is different. I've had flat feet since I was born but they never bothered me when I played sports. You're not supposed to run flat-footed anyway. It ain't the shoes.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:52am edited Feb 8,2010 10:52am
MarkFuckingRichards said[orig][quote]
Yeah but you never had flat feet, so fuck you.

Doesn't change the fact that it's fixable.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 8,2010 10:58am
I'm too lazy to read all of that. I'd rather sit on my ass all day and complain.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 11:00am
You're still a vegetarian right? What made you do that? More curious than anything else. I make fun of my other vegetarian friend but that's because he's a douchebag.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 11:01am
Lies. Cloud eats meat.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 11:01am edited Feb 8,2010 11:02am
Lies. Cloud eats meat.

?

Oh... Your jokes just get funnier with time. Like a fine wine.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 11:02am
¿

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 8,2010 11:07am
I went vegetarian for a few reasons: first I stopped liking the taste of most meat, followed by the way it made me feel, and of course leading to the lack of desire to eat meat, all accompanying my disgust towards factory farms. I personally couldn't bring myself to kill an animal either, unless it was for the sole reason of survival so I decided it was best for me to pursue a vegetarian lifestyle. For the record, I will never go vegan. I like dairy and eggs waaaay too much.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 11:10am
Oh well, more meat for me!

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 8,2010 11:12am
Correct.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 11:21am
Awesome. Making Lamb Heart later this week and having an antelope shoulder roast this weekend. If only Hoser could see me now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 11:29am
is there a cure for dick curve?

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 11:32am
Yes. Barefoot condoms.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Feb 8,2010 11:41am

And if we expand population fifteenfold, and reduce animal habitats that much more, how long before all the animals are extinct?

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 1:31pm
Yeah, it's almost as if Rev doesn't realize what natural fertilizers are made of LOL
Read "The Vegetarian Myth" by Lierre Keith, ya'll Breatharians

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 8,2010 1:37pm edited Feb 8,2010 1:38pm

Hahaha If you want to feed 15 people carbohydrates, incomplete proteins, egregious levels of omega 6, phylates, and lectins. I prefer to keep my macro- and micro-nutrient levels in balance.

Hey, what do you think those animals WE eat are eating? We are tertiary eaters: Everything we eat has eaten something else. If a cattle eats pesticide cud, and you eat a steak, then you just ate a whole bucket full of creature that's brimming with poison.

Do some reading.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 1:41pm
Who cares? Tastes good. I eat insects. They are high in protein. I don't care if they thrive around shit. I'll eat that too.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 8,2010 1:49pm
I'm shooting on becoming a vegetarian this summer. I would start now but I'm trying to gain weight and that's probably the worst idea. I don't want to eat meat because I'm fagcore and suck.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Feb 8,2010 1:58pm
I really don't care about what some vegan thinks about me or any other human being that does what humans as animals do, EAT MEAT.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 2:07pm
Martins needs to post a before and after pic.

Somethings I expect to see in the after pic:
-arched foot
-smaller gut
-haircut
-an snes in the background instead of emulating
-a girl somewhere in the photo
-a muscle slam band shirt
-the original Sydofex lineup in the background

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 8,2010 2:17pm
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain so I could eat at the bottom!!!

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 8,2010 2:25pm edited Feb 8,2010 2:25pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said[orig][quote]

Hey, what do you think those animals WE eat are eating? We are tertiary eaters: Everything we eat has eaten something else. If a cattle eats pesticide cud, and you eat a steak, then you just ate a whole bucket full of creature that's brimming with poison.

Do some reading.

I agree that eating meat from unknown sources is a relatively roulette-esque activity. However feeding animals that normally would eat grasses and grains in the wild more refined versions of those (ie: domesticated crops) does not pose a problem.

Concentration of biomass can and does lead to problems with pesticides, mercury and other fun things but that doesn't make it inherently bad. Nothing inherently bad with vegetarianism/veganism either.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 3:03pm
Archaeon said[orig][quote]
I'm shooting on becoming a vegetarian this summer. I would start now but I'm trying to gain weight and that's probably the worst idea. I don't want to eat meat because I'm fagcore and suck.

Talk to me before you do that please.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 3:03pm
before and after pics plz

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 3:07pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said[orig][quote]

Do some reading.

I agree that eating meat from unknown sources is a relatively roulette-esque activity. However feeding animals that normally would eat grasses and grains in the wild more refined versions of those (ie: domesticated crops) does not pose a problem.

Concentration of biomass can and does lead to problems with pesticides, mercury and other fun things but that doesn't make it inherently bad. Nothing inherently bad with vegetarianism/veganism either.

@ToC
I have done the reading and the watching. Take a gander at Food Inc. Great documentary. I told you that I eat grass fed as often as possible. Grass fed is, by nature, organic and antibiotic free and usually processed at small family run processing plants (Caledoina farms, the place where I bought my grass-fed steak, processes their steaks at a very small family-run processor). I'm quite aware that the food industry is a disgusting mess but that doesn't mean you don't have a choice in how healthy you want to be. It just has to be a priority... or not.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 3:10pm
before and after pics plz

Don't have a very accurate before picture. Worst one is ten pounds lighter than I was at my heaviest. But I've lost 40 pounds since starting in late September 2009. I'm in the best shape of my life so far (which isn't saying much really) and I haven't been sick since starting (despite people around me having been sick multiple times). I can post an after pic but there isn't really an after. I plan to eat like this for the rest of my life.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 3:14pm
You almost sound like a born again Christian except food is your new religion.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 3:17pm
Maybe except that I don't really care how you eat. I just like to educate. Except that I made everything up.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 3:20pm
What about when you're raising a family? Are you going to stay away from processed baby food, etc?
My problem with eating healthy is that it's so fucking expensive. I don't like spending more than 70 bucks at a food store.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 3:25pm
I don't spend more than about 70 dollars a week on food. Usually closer to 50. I also only eat once a day so that cuts on costs too. Eggs + meat + broccoli + brussel sprouts is my favorite dinner.

And yes, I plan to raise a healthy family. If I ever meet a dude who would want to adopt a Filipino boy with me. I mean uh...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 4:03pm
TheRidersofDoom said[orig][quote]
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain so I could eat at the bottom!!!
you didn't claw anything.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 8,2010 4:28pm
I don't spend more than about 70 dollars a week on food. Usually closer to 50. I also only eat once a day so that cuts on costs too. Eggs + meat + broccoli + brussel sprouts is my favorite dinner.

And yes, I plan to raise a healthy family. If I ever meet a dude who would want to adopt a Filipino boy with me. I mean uh...

Not to fuck up your program, but you would do better eating smaller meals more often. Easier for the body to digest than just 1 giant meal.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 8,2010 5:09pm
Martins has grass fed man boobs.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 6:26pm
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]

Not to fuck up your program, but you would do better eating smaller meals more often. Easier for the body to digest than just 1 giant meal.

Yeah, that's a common misconception. You're talking about the thermogenic effect of food which says that a certain amount of calories gets converted to a certain amount of energy. If a person were to consume 3000 calories over the course of 6 meals they would create the same amount of energy as a person who consumed 3000 calories at one meal. The problem becomes that 6-mealer is not letting the energy from the previous meal be depleted and is actually losing energy.

This is aside from the fact that fasting puts your body in a more alert state. I almost never feel tired during the day anymore because of it. Nevermind that by the end of the day, I'm deep into ketosis, burning purely stored fat for fuel.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 6:26pm
Martins has grass fed man boobs.

Says the man whose dick I've touched and who hasn't seen me since the summer.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 6:35pm
This thread just keeps getting more gay by the post.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 6:40pm
True that.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Feb 8,2010 6:52pm
i ran into grant on chatroulette it was hot.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 8,2010 7:20pm
Martins how gay was that picture carlos tagged us in?

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 7:30pm
So gay. That girl looks like Lydia. Did you meet/meat Lydia?

toggletoggle post by ArilliusBM  at Feb 8,2010 7:59pm
A girl named Lydia? I'm assuming she in 90 years old. If she's not 90, then she should be.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 8:05pm
she's like 18 or 19 or something. Deal with it.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 8,2010 8:07pm
Nope, but I know someone who is going to school with her from AHS. weird story.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 8:07pm
get smushed

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Feb 8,2010 8:24pm

What about all of the animals that your harvests kill? Moles, voles, rabbits, bird species...all collateral damage to your gay diet. AND, vital to our eco-system, I might add.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 8:30pm
Don't forget the complete razing of the land where wildlife would have thrived. I'm sure even Hoser would get some enjoyment out of reading The Vegetarian Myth.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 8,2010 8:48pm
To be fair, the feed required to raise livestock needs to come from those same grain farms that killed all the moles and associated wildlife.

Unfortunately, usually more humans = bad for biodiversity no matter how you cut it. We need less of us or somewhere else to put us.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 9:05pm
so.... killing 15x more of those voles is better?

I want to read a book call the vagina myth.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 9:08pm
To be fair, the feed required to raise livestock needs to come from those same grain farms that killed all the moles and associated wildlife.

Unfortunately, usually more humans = bad for biodiversity no matter how you cut it. We need less of us or somewhere else to put us.

Oh of course. In general, our food industry is royally fucked up. Like I said a few times already today. Grass fed wins.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 8,2010 9:25pm
so martins then eat grass.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 9:27pm
There are more things than our food industry that is fucked up.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 9:31pm
I never said it was the only thing that's fucked up but it's definitely the one that hits closest to home. Anyone who buys mass produced food and eats it is directly affected - first person involvement. Unless of course you feel your every day civil liberties being suppressed.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 8,2010 9:39pm
Read Animal Liberation. Or you're not a pussy.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 9:45pm
Vegetarian agendas are fucked up.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 8,2010 9:57pm
Peter Singer's agenda makes perfect sense to me and is the opposite of fuck up. NIGGER.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 8,2010 9:59pm edited Feb 8,2010 9:59pm
I'm currently eating microwavable meat from walmart and I can still have boners. Oh no, that makes me evil.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 8,2010 10:00pm
Peter Singer's agenda makes perfect sense to me and is the opposite of fuck up. NIGGER.

Oh well, I only care because it's you and we used to suck Composted's dick together.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Feb 8,2010 11:29pm
I can walk to a place that'll sell me grain-fed, 100% organic local beef at $5-7 a pound.

And it is worth. Tastes at least twice as good as the $4/lb supermarket beef.

Eating meat isn't the problem. TOO MANY PEOPLE is.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 9,2010 8:13am
soylent green

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 9,2010 8:16am
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
I can walk to a place that'll sell me grain-fed, 100% organic local beef at $5-7 a pound.

good ol Texas.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 9,2010 8:19am
FUCK THAT PAGE!!

it just made my computer crash.... and asked me if i was SURE that i wanted to delete my system32 folder. I did.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 9,2010 9:00am
TheRidersofDoom said[orig][quote]
you didn't claw anything.

I meant to say my ancestors.

But in all honesty I rarely eat meat, too expensive and it makes me sick sometimes, nor does it taste half as good as it used to...probably because I know how it's made now.

Bison though, my mouth waters at the thought of it.

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 9,2010 9:06am

Its not that Peter Singer's philosophy doesn't make sense, I just think he's wrong about the extent to which he takes utilitarianism.

If one is going to put the pain of animals grown for food in a certain category one should also put all pain-feeling beings in that category. And pain is such a vague term that plants could easily be put in this category with their trauma-response systems.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Feb 9,2010 9:07am
that website oozes pretentious faggotry as well.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 9,2010 9:53am
whoah, the author is on colbert.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 9,2010 9:53am
he looks like where's waldo.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Feb 9,2010 9:54am
lol i have to see that re-run.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 9,2010 9:59am
whoah, the author is on colbert.

just saw that, you should read Michael Pollan's book In Defense of Food

very informative, excellent writer, it's mostly about how western food like your cheerioes and canned spaghetti and big macs has undermined traditional diets, which is why we are all over weight ant 70 percent of the population will develop diabetes in the next 30 years.

He mostly focuses on how modern food science is all lies and marketing used to give us more food but basically less useful food, IE quantity of quality.
This is by the same dude who wrote omnivore's dilemma

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 9,2010 10:02am

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 9,2010 10:08am

My philosophy is that War, Famine, Disease, Disasters, Overcrowded cities, Pollution, and other modern ailments are not the problem.

Too many people is.

I am a strong advocate of massive global die off of the human species.

Obviously I hope Europe and NE are spared as well as obvious portions of each ethnicity, culture, and language

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 9,2010 10:10am
push the button for the greater good. do it, faggot.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 9,2010 10:21am
that's racist.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 9,2010 10:21am
You guys sound like true NWO followers. I applaud and agree.

HOWEVER

humanity should have colonized the oceans a long time ago. Certain technologies, with enough funding, could have easily sustained the worlds population for shelter and food. But alas, greed and other negative attributes of humans have led to our decline, which we are ultimately witnessing as each day passes.

The calling of WWIII is here. Massive population loss is over due. economic recovery wad a benefit of large scale wars in the past (wwi, WWII)
but it won't work this time around. Global society is indeed doomed, as the population class chasm grows larger and larger.
You're either a survivor, or you're doomed. The next two years will be a huge bridge in the develepment of our species.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 9,2010 10:23am
i wanna read that book Food Rules instead.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 9,2010 10:29am
Just in case something does happen, contact me in case. I have a post-Armageddon plan in place.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 9,2010 10:29am
It's called Heavens Gate.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 9,2010 10:49am
Technically, per population magnitude the world is experiencing the most peaceful time in history, but those numbers are skewed by overpopulated modern hubs....I think it's a much slower decline. 200 years. Water crisis, modern divide, corporatism, resources, it takes time. China essentially blocked anything from happening at the recent climate summit to protect their growing industrial age. Every superpower should have pledged trillions to ensure the well being of first and third world infrastructure, sustainability, and so on and so on... but they didn't, nothing happened. So, here we go. Space colonization is far off, but yeah the tech has been there, oceans should have been colonized decades ago. Sustainable ecosystems, endless water supply... anyway, there's a crunch coming, you'll get what you wish for. Conditions to facilitate evolution.

Fundamentalists, greed, individual interests....they outweigh any altrusitic thing you've ever done. A species with a massive spectrum like us is fucked from the start. My band doesn't say WAR ON EARTH FOR ALL TIME because we like the sound of it.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 9,2010 11:14am edited Feb 9,2010 11:14am
Unity and peace is certainly not attainable with the ignorance and selfishness our species currently displays.

As President Reagan boldly stated, perhaps we need a threat of an alien invasion the fully unite as a species and defend our only home.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 9,2010 11:27am

My band doesn't say WAR ON EARTH FOR ALL TIME because we like the sound of it.

bullshit..you know you liket he sound of it. .lol

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 9,2010 11:29am
It sounds like shit.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Feb 9,2010 11:30am
haha, well i don't hate it

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Feb 10,2010 12:56pm
push the button for the greater good. do it, faggot.

(in monotonous unison) The Greater Good

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 10,2010 1:12pm
9 BILLION people means a lot of shitty women.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Feb 10,2010 1:13pm
anyone want to watch man vs food now?
i do!

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Feb 10,2010 1:22pm
As President Reagan boldly stated, perhaps we need a threat of an alien invasion the fully unite as a species and defend our only home.

I've been thinking this since I was small.

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at Feb 10,2010 2:14pm
Oh well, more meat for me!

Eat up, sport.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 10,2010 2:17pm
Looks like a dick.

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at Feb 10,2010 2:19pm
Perceptive, you are.

toggletoggle post by death. at Feb 10,2010 2:25pm

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 10,2010 2:40pm
MikeofdecrepitudE said[orig][quote]
Perceptive, you are.

Still would eat.

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at Feb 10,2010 2:54pm
Haha.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 10,2010 3:12pm
I'm pretty sure that Martins came out of the closet on rttp through sparse subtleties every so often. His self-proclaimed crush on Locke from FF3(6) is somewhat respectible, given the fact Locke saves Celes -and ultimately the world -through his elite skills in cross dressing and espionage.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 10,2010 3:29pm
I don't think I ever said anything about Locke. Edgar was my favorite.

toggletoggle post by martins   at Feb 10,2010 3:30pm
Also, I am probably gay.

toggletoggle post by محمود احمدی نژاد at Feb 10,2010 10:59pm
It is so funny enjoying the theories of new world orders and such from grindcore losers posting on a METAL MESSAGE BOARD. These are the halls of power.

toggletoggle post by ArilliusBM  at Feb 10,2010 11:11pm
wow, news to me there's more than one NWO.

toggletoggle post by J.O. Buddy at Feb 10,2010 11:40pm

I've been thinking this since I was small.

He was talking about those commies. Now let the good times roll. Meet ya on the soft shoulder.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][10:38:40am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.08690 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]