New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Coheed and Cambria on thursday @ Palladium by the_reverend on Apr 13,2004 9:25am
Add To All Your Pages!
Apr 15, 2004 the Palladium (Worcester, MA)
brazil - 2004-04-15
Brazil(28)
flash animated slider show
coheed_and_cambria - 2004-04-15
Coheed And Cambria(52)
funeral_for_a_friend - 2004-04-15
Funeral For A Friend(77)
rainer_maria - 2004-04-15
Rainer Maria(95)
randomshots - 2004-04-15
Randomshots(6)
sparta - 2004-04-15
Sparta(24)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 13,2004 9:25am
I've never heard anything by them that I like though I see shirts on EVERYONE. I just decided to go.
I don't really care for any of the other bands except rainer maria.
maybe I'll be wow'd.

toggletoggle post by davyp at Apr 13,2004 9:31am
I will be there... i like heavy music and all but once and i while i want something different anf this I realy like these guys and I dont care what anyone thinks of me

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 13,2004 9:38am
well you know i will be there since i told you about the show =)

with my new fisheye!!!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 13,2004 9:47am
omfg aaron, way to be a fag. COOOOOHEEEEEED AND CAMBRIA!!! HAHAHAHAhaHAahAaha

3================D

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 13,2004 9:48am
i figured he's name this thread Rainer Maria...

that's the only reason he's going

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 13,2004 9:48am
if i wanted to hear geddy lee sing i would buy a rush cd

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 13,2004 9:48am
oh and little bro..why is it whenever i tell him about a show i'm going to and he wants to come too, you call him fag?

you callnig me a fag???

mehhh

toggletoggle post by davyp at Apr 13,2004 9:57am
Josh_hates_you said:

Josh speaking of this show i wont be jamming on thursday because of this show

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 13,2004 10:07am
succubus said:
oh and little bro..why is it whenever i tell him about a show i'm going to and he wants to come too, you call him fag?

you callnig me a fag???

mehhh

oooof course not <333 , I like to give him shit for going to poppy shows because he's the almighty REV. a bad ass php metal motherfucker (not rev, the sensitive pop punker from down under)....besides he calls me a fag for a lot of things so it evens out.

actually it kind of makes me nervous that this messageboard will turn into a lambgoat if all the same boner bands are covered.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 13,2004 10:08am
davyp said:
Josh_hates_you said:

Josh speaking of this show i wont be jamming on thursday because of this show

wuss

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 13,2004 10:10am
RustedAngel said:
succubus said:

you callnig me a fag???

mehhh

oooof course not <333 , I like to give him shit for going to poppy shows because he's the almighty REV. a bad ass php metal motherfucker (not rev, the sensitive pop punker from down under)....besides he calls me a fag for a lot of things so it evens out.

actually it kind of makes me nervous that this messageboard will turn into a lambgoat if all the same boner bands are covered.

ok <3

toggletoggle post by makelovesohard   at Apr 13,2004 11:52am
i was going to go. but i'm going to see engine down at drifters instead.
drifters may blow, but engine down is amazing.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 13,2004 12:00pm
yeah i was going to tell you, i know you asked me about engine down but i had requested the rainer maria show, i didn't realize it was the same day

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 13,2004 12:43pm
I never heard of those bands?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 13,2004 12:45pm
~return to the indie rock~

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 15,2004 6:03pm
I'm on my way now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 15,2004 11:26pm
c&c music factory is probably still playing.
I'm home though.
pictures in a bit...
there are a lot of them to weed out.
most of them are crap.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 15,2004 11:35pm
i'm sure mad heads here are waiting to see pictures of indie pp breaths with white belts and hair covering their right eye.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 15,2004 11:56pm edited Apr 15,2004 11:56pm
hahahaha
you wanna hear a funny story Tom?

Aaron sang practically all of the words to Vanilla Ice's "ice ICe baby" to me and even did some dance moves!!!

i was in shock, i don't know the lyrics and he rapped in time with vanilla!!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2004 12:29am
that was like 7th grade for me.. what can I say...
my pictures will be up soon
yo.

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 16,2004 12:51am
How could you like Rainer Maria and not Coheed and Cambria? I don't get it. I really enjoyed Funeral For A Friend.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2004 1:02am
I really enjoyed ffaf too.. weird...
I'll right my review in the morning, need sleep

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Apr 16,2004 1:10am
well it is technically morning, so start writing

toggletoggle post by birthrites   at Apr 16,2004 2:09am
best part of the night - rainer maria being just fucking awesome.
other best part - seeing some of the WORST haircuts ever in the crowd.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 16,2004 8:12am
what in the gay?

toggletoggle post by dneirflrigruoydelianI   at Apr 16,2004 9:21am
hahaha! i am speachless, that picture has made my day! dont tell anyone but I like a C&C song ...oops did i just type that?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2004 9:29am

brazil: the vocals sounded like he was trying to copy rush. I spent most of their set trying to get a good picture of the singer with out blown out highlights. I think that one of the guitarists looks like eben:enclitic.

funeral for a friend: pretty good. I was excepting them to be not good at all. I listened to the cd and didn't really care for it, but live was an entirely different story. they rocked out pretty hard. some parts were pretty pussy (like when the FATA drummer comes out and singer), but at other parts, the guitarist in the ferret shirt was going crazy and playing some pretty interesting things. the drummer actually did the screaming vocals.

rainer maria: they blew me away and the drummer ate a bunch off the easter candies i brought for everyone. I should leave it there, but I will elaborate. I have been listening to the live cd a lot lately so I was wicked excited. they started off with 2 tracks that I didn't know so I assume that they are new tracks. They almost have a new lp done so I'm guessing that it was off that. Next, they broke older tracks that they seemed more comfortable playing, starting with artifical light. which is one of my favorites. it was performed perfectly. the next two tracks, I'm still trying to figure out what they were. they were old ones, but I never pay attention to song titles... Second to last was the track tinfoil a son that's been stuck in my head. I think it was during this track that someone threw something at them and Caithlin shot back "you'll need better aim than that to hit us, fucker". Finally, ears ring came out as their last song. I was a little upset that their set seemed so short, but they played so hard on this track. Cait was doing cute little dances and finally ending up on the floor in front of the drum set and kyle ending up on the floor twice.
FYI: rainer maria was the reason I went to this show.

sparta: I honestly thought they were going to be 100x worse than they were. It wasn't my thing, but the singer was really humble. He told a story about the last time that they were at the worcester palladium, march 19th 2003; the day the war with iraq started and the day that his grand-dad died.

coheed and cambria: after a long set up time where the palladium stage was completely cleared out, c&c finally came out, big fluffy 'froy and all. they played one song and the crowd got warmed up. By the second song, they were in a crowd surfing frenze. And after the 3rd? forget about it. it was like some surreal landscape with the entire audience chanting along louder than the band itself. I really can't say much about them as I'm not really a fan, but I know how much people say they sound like rush.. and well.. they were right. I missed the end, but from what I heard, it turned into a drum break down with girls up on stage stripping.

toggletoggle post by makelovesohard   at Apr 16,2004 9:35am
wow. what a gay picture.

anyway, i was at the engine down show. can we say AMAZING!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 16,2004 9:48am
NEW RTTP HOODIE!!

www.returntothepit.com

new england is wicked gay

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2004 10:12am
the comercials for RTTP on VH1 will be running this weekend and into the fall,
prime gay season.

I would have to say that the kid that's not go to beyond the flesh tonight shouldn't be saying anything to me about my non-metal-ness.
oh wait, not going to shows is the metal thing to do.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 16,2004 10:25am
plans tonight, morbid/suff show tomorrow.

not gonna drive to new bedford and tomorrow to worcester.

toggletoggle post by SatanInWorcester at Apr 16,2004 11:19am
I can't believe you thought the singer of brazil was trying to sound like rush! i can't believe that when anyone sounds REMOTELY like someone else, they are "trying" to sound like that person or band. that is so gay.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2004 11:28am
ah, I see you've seen the VH1 comercials.
GAY ON!

toggletoggle post by blue  at Apr 16,2004 3:56pm
coheed rules. i hate you all.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 16,2004 4:25pm
Coheed sucks.
The singer sounds like a goat with down-syndrome that is having a plunger shoved up his ass.
No offense towards anyone with down-syndrome.

toggletoggle post by darkone535  at Apr 16,2004 4:37pm
anonymous said:
Coheed sucks.
The singer sounds like a goat with down-syndrome that is having a plunger shoved up his ass.
No offense towards anyone with down-syndrome.

I dont see that at all, and its funny how you wont name yourself when you post a comment like that but thats ok... Blue Im with you....

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 16,2004 4:40pm edited Apr 16,2004 4:40pm
obviously blue is lying as he is incapabile of hating.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 16,2004 4:41pm
girl band (not hiding behind an anonymous name)

toggletoggle post by darkone535  at Apr 16,2004 4:45pm
blue hates a lot of people, and what ever i Coheed Rules and that my opinion and your is ok too, we all dont have to like the same music.... cause that would suck and i would be ike you and i dont want that.... (directed at noone in particular, just a statement)

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Apr 17,2004 1:56am
blue said:

blue said:

Blue knows what the fuck is up! Coheed is so fucking sick. They could be the most generic, bullshit, sound-like-everyone metal band if they wanted, but they just exhume creativity. Claudio is just so fuckin sick at guitar and has the most bizzare, beautifully sincere voice, and the rest of the band are just fucking scientists. If anyone here says they suck, they don't know shit about music, bottom line.

Also, Sparta just rocks so fucking hard...Their front man was like the "heavy" foundation of At the Drive In's masterpiece album. Seriously, if anyone here says either of these bands sux, come to 95 Toland Rd Dover, NH and I will beat the fucking sense right back into you.

I wanted to go to this show so fucking bad but am so poverty-strickened, I was forced to sit at home beggin my roomates for a hotdog to eat!

toggletoggle post by George   at Apr 17,2004 3:31am
i love coheed and cambria

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 17,2004 5:30am
rainer maria ruled

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Apr 17,2004 9:41am
Haha how can anyone call Coheed generic??? Honestly, they are one of the most unique bands in the whole wave of emo-punk influenced stuff. The vocals take some time to getting accustomed to, but seriously, there is some really cool stuff going on in their music.

Besides, the lyrics are all part of a story. I don't know the whole story behind them but basically each album is based on two soldiers and their journies and all that good stuff. The albums actually are kind of like a soundtrack to a book their singer Claudio is writing.

I know they aren't metal and I wouldn't expect a bunch of metal kids to like them or even "get" them, but they are really, really good. After seeing the response the crowd was giving, which wasn't as much as I was expecting, I can't wait to see Thursday tomorrow because Thursday at the Palladium = AMAZING crowd response..........................................

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 17,2004 11:22am
i'm pretty sure rainer maria has the girl with all out of tune vocals. kuka. coheed still sucks, that's my story and i'm stickin to it.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 17,2004 11:23am
i don't care how original, or how good they are at their instruments... they are emo... the fucking enemy.

toggletoggle post by Brittany at Apr 17,2004 1:41pm
It was a fantastic show. I was impressed by the other bands. I excepted nothing less from coheed. I knew they'd put on a great performance.

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Apr 17,2004 4:46pm
boobtoucher said:
If anyone here says they suck, they don't know shit about music, bottom line.

Seriously, if anyone here says either of these bands sux, come to 95 Toland Rd Dover, NH and I will beat the fucking sense right back into you.

Both of these bands SUCK. there i said it...

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][1:05:22pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.02488 secs/20 queries]
[search][refresh page]