New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Bose QuietComfort 15 by demondave on Jan 1,2010 7:51pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Jan 1,2010 7:51pm

I want a pair so fuckin bad.

I took my wife to the Wrentham Outlets to go shopping, and I saw that there was a Bose store. I went in and poked around. They had a display with different headphones on, and when I tried these I almost lost my mind. The noise cancellation was unbelievable. Since I take the commuter rail into Boston, the thought of owning these makes me salivate. With it costing $300, I would have to cut into my vinyl purchases.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Jan 1,2010 8:08pm

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 1,2010 8:14pm
Yea man. Those are awesome. I was thinking the same thing about the commuter rail.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Jan 1,2010 8:22pm
^agreed

i have a pair of bose headphones that i got a few years ago, higher end at the time and probably comparable to the ones you salivate over. while they do rule, the HD series headphones g-unit there is suggesting are amazing bang for the buck headphones and will compete well with the bose. do a comparison before buying, if you still dig the bose go for em, if not you might save some serious dough.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jan 1,2010 8:52pm

wow, thanks for the suggestions. But it's not just the quality, its the noise cancellation.

"The HD 555s are open, circumaural, full-sized headphones. That means they let outside noise in and inside noise out (so they're not suitable for use in noisy environments, or near people who don't want to hear a tinnier version of what you're hearing)"

There was a variety of chaos and noise (people were blaring the different speakers) in the store and they cut it off.

toggletoggle post by Slag at Jan 1,2010 10:18pm
Best headphones I have ever heard. I own them and anyone else who has used them would agree. I use them for recording and as a second opinion when I am mixing. So comfortable.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/produ...=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26020965

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Jan 1,2010 11:13pm edited Jan 1,2010 11:16pm
demondave said[orig][quote]

wow, thanks for the suggestions. But it's not just the quality, its the noise cancellation.

"The HD 555s are open, circumaural, full-sized headphones. That means they let outside noise in and inside noise out (so they're not suitable for use in noisy environments, or near people who don't want to hear a tinnier version of what you're hearing)"

There was a variety of chaos and noise (people were blaring the different speakers) in the store and they cut it off.

I own a pair of 555s and they actually do a good job of blocking most outside noise. They're excellent, excellent phones for music and gaming. music especially. You'll be using them so much(not just for your rail trips) that the fact they're not super noise canceling won't matter anymore. Nothing like getting baked, laying on the couch and throwing these bad boys on to really experience what you're listening to. I can hear little nuances and sounds in songs I could never hear before.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Jan 1,2010 11:19pm
AKG and Grado also make great headphones.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Jan 2,2010 1:18am

totally understand where youre coming from. just compare them to figure it out yourself.

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Jan 2,2010 9:07am edited Jan 2,2010 9:11am
No highs. No lows. Must be Bose.

If you really want good headphones for the train look into Etymotic HF5s. Or maybe some Shure SE530s.

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Jan 2,2010 9:13am
Slag said[orig][quote]
Best headphones I have ever heard. I own them and anyone else who has used them would agree. I use them for recording and as a second opinion when I am mixing. So comfortable.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Beyerdynamic-DT-770-PRO-Closed-Studio-Headphones-250-Ohms?sku=272024&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26020965

Those are good ones. I have Sennheiser HD650s, which also rule but maybe a little less so as reference headphones.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 2,2010 10:20am
is this an infomercial?

toggletoggle post by martins   at Jan 2,2010 12:00pm
ZenErik said[orig][quote]
No highs. No lows. Must be Bose.

If you really want good headphones for the train look into Etymotic HF5s. Or maybe some Shure SE530s.

Yes, instead of active sound cancellation, look at sound isolation. Earbuds.

Ultimate Ears, Shure, Etymotic. All great companies.

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Jan 2,2010 12:30pm
indeed. i put the volume on my mp3 player 1 notch above muted, and it is more than loud enough on the t, even underground. the sound is clear, and the low and high end extensions are great. only minor gripe about in ears is the slightly narrower soundstage.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 10,2012 7:35pm
The headphones I had were starting to hit end of life so I decided to go for the Bose QC15. They are fucking amazing. For me it's totally about the noise cancellation. Real audiophiles would pick something higher, but I think these are great. They are comfortable.

Every time I was about to buy them, I would spend the money on vinyl. With the other headphones biting the dust, I decided to bite the bullet. So worth it for me.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 10,2012 7:38pm
I have the Bose Quiet Comfort 15's. I love them and the sound is awesome.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard NLI at Mar 10,2012 8:08pm
i rock bose in ears now...they are awesome.

toggletoggle post by trioxin 245nli at Mar 10,2012 10:12pm
spending $300 on headphones is absurd.

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 10,2012 10:57pm
But the absurdity sounds killer.

toggletoggle post by illinoisenemaBradness at Mar 10,2012 11:11pm
KEVORD said[orig][quote]
But the absurdity sounds killer.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 10,2012 11:24pm
Holy fuck everything sounds awesome. I bet even Six Feet Under would sound awesome.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 10,2012 11:33pm
SNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

toggletoggle post by KEVORD  at Mar 10,2012 11:45pm
Holy fuck everything sounds awesome. I bet even Six Feet Under would sound awesome.
But Goatwhore still sucks.

toggletoggle post by DukeManjunk at Mar 11,2012 3:01am
i once got 15 PAIRS for free in the mail.....be jealous.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Gored Angelic Jebus
[default homepage] [print][11:59:44am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02020 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]