New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I will forever love this band. Just haven't listened to 'em in a bit and need to start again. by Hoser on Dec 9,2009 7:30pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 9,2009 7:30pm

bennyhillifier

Awesomeness.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Dec 9,2009 7:58pm
As long as were talking determination and before...otherwise completely bland and unappealing to me.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 9,2009 8:31pm
Determination is by far my favorite.

toggletoggle post by thetruthaboutmuffdivers at Dec 9,2009 8:45pm
ITT: The least racist post Hoser has ever made

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Dec 9,2009 9:00pm
I might as well be friends with Doc, I run into him every god damn time I go to NY, it's weird! Yet we've never officially met. hah.

Determination and before I pretty much agree with. A few tracks on Gone Forever are okay, anything after = RIP BONER.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Dec 9,2009 10:53pm
Reject the Sickness and Determination were huge albums for me. GF was super pissed and super competent.

Anything post that (especially this song, which sucks) I'd never listen to.
I hate when people get old and take a political angle because they think themselves wiser and more aware and then spew absolutely mindless cliches and bullshit.

toggletoggle post by Slymo  at Dec 9,2009 11:02pm
the riffs in this song are bad fucking ass not to mention tight as fuck

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 9,2009 11:18pm
you guys are short sighted. God Forbid write concept albums. I hate earthblood in single songs same with constitution of treason, but if you listen to both of them as albums, they rule. that fact alone makes me astonished that they are still on a label.
Out Of Misery, Reject the sickness, and determination = single song albums
constitution of Treason and earthblood = concept albums.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 9,2009 11:42pm
u guys r weird

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Dec 9,2009 11:46pm
Determination is still a fantastic record....Gone Forever has its moments...anything after that, eeeehhhhhhh

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 9,2009 11:53pm
big fan of Gone Forever. great songwriting. new one is pretty decent too. other release are mehh.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Dec 10,2009 12:10am
Early GF always reminded me of a more tech/pissed off version of old cave in/converge

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 10,2009 12:13am
blue said[orig][quote]
Early GF always reminded me of a more tech/pissed off version of old cave in/converge

Early GF just yells at me to turn off my alarm clock and stop using all the hot water. She is plenty pissed off, I'll give you that.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 10,2009 12:40am
ITT: old GF says no more BJs

toggletoggle post by s.axl.beckett at Dec 10,2009 4:22pm
For Realz? I thought everybody on this forum would hate on them pretty hard. Determination was awesome.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 10,2009 4:25pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
you guys are short sighted. God Forbid write concept albums. I hate earthblood in single songs same with constitution of treason, but if you listen to both of them as albums, they rule. that fact alone makes me astonished that they are still on a label.
Out Of Misery, Reject the sickness, and determination = single song albums
constitution of Treason and earthblood = concept albums.

I guess.. i just don't like em at all.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 10,2009 4:29pm edited Dec 10,2009 4:30pm
Well, I like all God Forbid, regardless of when it was done. A lot of their harmonies remind me of old Megadeth, i.e. killer shit. Super talented, guitar driven band for sure, The riffing is sick, to say the least.

Murph...what the hell was this all about? I couldn't see the significance...

"I hate when people get old and take a political angle because they think themselves wiser and more aware and then spew absolutely mindless cliches and bullshit."

????

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Dec 10,2009 4:32pm
Isn't the whole concept of that album about society and destruction? I don't know, I'm super picky about lyrics anyways...probably heard a cliche or two in there and went off.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 10,2009 4:34pm
Oh...I was wondering what that was all about.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 10,2009 4:36pm
Murph said[orig][quote]
Isn't the whole concept of that album about society and destruction? I don't know, I'm super picky about lyrics anyways...probably heard a cliche or two in there and went off.

I'm also super picky about lyrics. I usually don't even WANT to know what people are saying, because 90% of the time peoples' lyrics bug the shit outta me. I'd prefer to interpret the emotions and any "message" myself. The music usually speaks to me more that way.

toggletoggle post by RaiseYouFist1978 at Dec 10,2009 4:39pm
this dude hoser knows what up cause he ain't a poser

toggletoggle post by neverpurified  at Dec 10,2009 4:44pm
I once pissed in a urinal adjacent to the one Byron Davis was using at the DCU center back at Rock N' Shock '05. We made small talk, really nice guy.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Dec 10,2009 4:51pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
Oh...I was wondering what that was all about.

Yeah, that wasn't a personal dig at all.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 10,2009 5:06pm edited Dec 10,2009 5:07pm
i like that they do tasteful breakdowns with good build ups and proper execution. also shredding over said breakdowns tickles my fancy

toggletoggle post by bulba fett at Dec 10,2009 5:10pm
sucks

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Dec 10,2009 5:15pm

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 10,2009 6:37pm
I liked determination but nothing that came after it. I remember Byron hanging out in the hotel I was staying at for metalfest one year. He was a nice fella.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Dec 10,2009 8:49pm
blue said[orig][quote]
As long as were talking determination and before...otherwise completely bland and unappealing to me.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 11,2009 8:36am
RaiseYouFist1978 said[orig][quote]
this dude hoser knows what up cause he ain't a poser

Ya, Hoser ain't no Poser. I agree.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][10:00:46am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.05043 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]