New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Assassin's Creed II by the_reverend on Nov 27,2009 1:05am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 27,2009 1:05am
I can't believe there is no thread for this.
Playing again right now. really cool game, but it's probably going to get old like the original.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 27,2009 1:11am
I find that I jump off thing and crash to the ground a lot more than the last game.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 27,2009 1:14am
I beat this game last weekend. Fucking amazing. Way way way way better than the first one and does not get old at all. Don't think so negatively, maaaan, it will spread to the baby.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 27,2009 1:18am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
I find that I jump off thing and crash to the ground a lot more than the last game.

If you're talking about accidentally jumping off stuff or trying to climb buildings, you have to let go of R1 when you don't want to accidentally do those things. By the end of the game, you'll be a free-running master.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 27,2009 2:27am
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
"It's a me, Mario!"

also did you notice that random computer guys change when you go through at different times?

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Nov 27,2009 11:02am
The gameplay mechanics are a whole lot better this time. There's not a whole lot of challenge here though. There's little incentive to use stealth, because whenever the guards swarm, you can literally fight off an army of them without getting hit once, if you've learned the nuances of the controls. Just like when you're climbing, when you're engaged in combat you can't be forceful with the controls, you need patience as he executes the commands.

The levels/cities are very well designed, and the story and characters are more interesting. You actually have to explore to map out the cities. The tombs are a nice touch. And the hammer weapons are a blast to use.

There's still a lot to improve upon. It loses it's charm deep into the game (I'm a little over 60% done). This game is ultimately Prince of Persia/God of War (combat, acrobatics) + Metal Gear (3rd-person stealth) + GTA (economy, functional cities) but unfortunately it's not nearly as good at each aspect. It has enough unique touches of it's own, new to action games, so I don't feel ripped off. It's worth finishing.

I just want to get through it, so I can return to Dragon Age...which is my pick for game of 2009.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 27,2009 11:10am
I'll stick to Sword of Vermillion for sega master system. Neo-video games = false.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 27,2009 11:14am
I think I was into it mainly for the cool conspiracy theory stories. Finding the glyphs and beating the game was amazing.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 27,2009 11:16am
Err I mean mega drive. which was named genesis here. Need to replay master system games.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 27,2009 11:37am
ITT: crotchety old man aril being crotchety and old, man.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 27,2009 12:36pm
At least i don't watch Jimmy Fallon

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 27,2009 12:51pm
yeah you did. Atleast for the 2 minutes I did.
rabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabble

I actually watch fallon when he has jason from engadget on cause there is always some cool tech thing. And by "watch", I mean that I go on engadget and watch just that clip

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 27,2009 1:37pm
I saw robin Williams making fun of black people. watched for 2 min. show is racits.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2009 1:25am
the game is pretty cool. they need to translate more of the italian swears. I just got out of the past for the first time and went back to venzia

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 7,2009 7:33am
There are subtitles fool.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2009 7:47am
I realized after I typed that that I probably didn' have them turned on.. but the italian parts, are the subtitles in ital or english?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 7,2009 7:51am
I actually don't like how the subtitles are formatted so I didn't use them but it shows what they're actually saying and then, in parentheses, translates it if there's any italian.

Either way most of the italian was pretty easy to understand or figure out what they meant.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2009 8:15am
beep-aoda boop-a-da

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Dec 7,2009 9:25am
man this game is getting real tired towards the end.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 7,2009 10:39am
Tired? I'd say the last mission, perhaps. But I was having fun all the way up to the very end. Nevermind the fact that the actual ending is MINDBLOWING.

toggletoggle post by C.dEAd at Dec 7,2009 10:45am
This games looks pretty fun, but also very repetitive. I hear it's not very challenging either.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 7,2009 10:47am
Repetitive it is not. You might be thinking of the first one. The only repetitive missions are the ones where you have to follow someone through the cities.

Also, yes, it isn't very challenging. I don't remember if there is a hard mode or not.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2009 11:47am
I'm having fun. The first one was completely repetitive. This is so much better. I'm curious how many cities there are (the first had 8 I think) and if you build up more than one city. I almost have that M place all spec'd out.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 7,2009 11:49am
Maxing the villa was fun.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2009 11:53am
problem is if you don't go back, that little bitch spends the cash~!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 7,2009 11:54am
I basically paid for 99% of the upgrades there by pick-picketing.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 7,2009 11:55am
i stopped pick pocketing after a while because you end up making some big money doing missions and then upgrading the villa and getting the cash.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 16,2009 11:43am
I still pick pocket even though I have almost 100K f in my pocket and 45K f back in the villa.

One thing I don't care for is the difficult assassin's tomb stuff. reminds me too much of PoP. Also, the city isn't as easy as the first to free run in. It seems that the streets are courtyards are too wide.

I'm at the carnival time.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 16,2009 11:44am
http://guides.ign.com/guides/14302493/page_3.html

looking at that outline, I'm approaching 2/3 done.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 16,2009 11:46am
You slow.

Shit's fun though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 16,2009 12:06pm
I'm only playing for like an hour on the nights that I'm home.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 16,2009 12:54pm
Do you do all the random side missions? Some of them are fun. Others, like the speed races, are frustrating.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 20,2009 3:55am
I had the speed races.
I was just on the second to last mission and the game has a glitch.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 20,2009 4:48am
you have to put the apple on before aligning the CODEX.
just beat it. nice twist. similar to the twist at the end of the first.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 20,2009 9:13pm
I'm thinking about going back and getting the last armor.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 4,2010 11:54pm

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jan 5,2010 10:16am
I heard the first one was very repetitive, but still good. I was hoping this one was better. I'll check it out.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Deepest Medieval Zombie
[default homepage] [print][6:26:30pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01678 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]