Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Best Cymbals by The_ExhumeD on Apr 7,2004 10:12am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by The_ExhumeD  at Apr 7,2004 10:12am
Ive been considering buying new cymbals for a set I don't often use but would like to upgrade, my drummer plays on all zildjian z customs suposedly the toughest (right?), well he cracked his 18" crash in about 4 months of use, Im not really a drummer but I play enough that I want new shit, so I need to know the best root to go with, sabian or zidjian, whats the best line of sabian. and whats the best for my money

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 7,2004 10:20am
it all depends. hmm for metal huh?? um my cousin had the zildjian a customs for 3 years before cracking them- he bu2ted a Z series in like 6 months before but he just bought a 19 and 18 inch z series

allegedly the new sabian METAL X cymbals are the toughest out there i played them at guitar center the ring out to much for my taste.

i personaly prefer PAISTE over zildjian or sabian but the meinl -phosphorus - and INSTANBUL AGOP (my favorite) are all killer closest store that carries INSTANBUL is in new jersey

i am now oplaying paiste innovations which are great for the $$$ but if i had a choice i wouls go for
Paiste dimensions 18 crash and 17
" " 21 inch cool dry ride
paiste signature - sound edge hi hats (if not instanbul)
paiste 18 inch RUDE classic crash ride

toggletoggle post by The_ExhumeD  at Apr 7,2004 10:41am
the one cymbal he does own which I am getting is the z custom, 21 inch ride with the mega bell, what a fucking awesome cymbal, if they made one in a 20 Id go for that, but I dont think they do

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 7,2004 11:01am
i have a zildjian mega bell ride-- its ok a bit pingy loud as hell but i wish i had a dry ride i love the sound of them

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Apr 7,2004 1:36pm
Well if you have a little extra cash, the Paiste Rude Series is an excellent buy,will last you a long time and sound great.I started on Zildjians and almost always was replacing them after about a year or a year and a half. I find that the Sabian's are just too thin sometimes, but they do have great cymbals.Istanbul is supposed to be an excellent cymbal too. Just do some shopping around.

toggletoggle post by The_ExhumeD  at Apr 7,2004 10:32pm
I was thinking about spending around 300- 350 for new cymbals... I deal mostly with guitar, thats my main thing Im ok at drums and like to get some nice shit for my set. thats all, bottom line is every guitarist wishes he was a drummer/ especially if youve played with an amazing drummer

toggletoggle post by luke   at Apr 7,2004 11:20pm
my vote goes for paiste signatures if you can afford them. they sound amazing...whatever you buy though, get them at guitar center and buy the guitar center guarantee thingy... its like 20 bucks and you get a free replacement for any cymbal you buy. its a great deal. i wish i had it, because my cymbals are cracking now after about 8 months, and i don't know if the warrantee will cover it

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Apr 8,2004 1:14am
I dont know much about which cymbles last longer, but I've always thought zildjian's sound the best in general..

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 8,2004 2:10am edited Apr 8,2004 2:11am
ok if you get paiste at guitar center make sure you go to midwest percussion.com and print out the price because paiste is like 30 - 80 bucks less a piece from midwest but every other place has paiste sabian and zildjian for about the same price give or take 5 bucks

luke all paiste, sabian and zildjian cymbals have a one year warranty from the manufacturer so go to the store and they should send it back and replace it for you and if they dont then get loud and obnoxious and demand to see the store manager and they will try to calm you down and not make a scene in front of other customers, you will have your new cymbal within 2 weeks

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Apr 8,2004 9:52am
cymbals are a pain in the ass to buy.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 8,2004 10:12am
a customs

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Apr 8,2004 1:25pm
sabian sucks, zildjian all the way

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 8,2004 4:38pm
josh, i know about the warranty, but if you are in a busy band or touring or something, you don't have 2 weeks to wait. i just think its a good idea. plus my zcustom just broke and they're telling me its going to take at least a month. super gay because i can't wait that long so i lose out

toggletoggle post by luke not logged in at Apr 8,2004 4:38pm
that last post was me, i thought i was logged in.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Apr 8,2004 4:40pm
i hate cymbals. they're the worst part of drums. MORKUL's got some that are pretty torn up and i cut myself on them a few times. bleh.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Cursed Antric Soul
[default homepage] [print][4:54:30pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02047 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]