New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> apparently a "significant" amount of water was found on the moon by Yeti on Nov 13,2009 1:15pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 13,2009 1:15pm

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2009 1:16pm
how about those damn bases?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 13,2009 1:16pm
i call bullshit, they are making this statement to corroborate the story of the rocket "hitting" the moon earlier in the attempt to find water.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 13,2009 1:16pm
i guarantee this information has been known to us for a "signifigant" amount of time before releasing to the public.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2009 1:19pm
There's been a lot of talk about some form of "disclosure" happening this month. Perhaps this is it?

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2009 1:28pm
So sketchy. At first they said there wasn't enough data and or water noticed.

What gets me is amatuer astronomers from all p er the planet zoomed all the way in to the impact area last month and NO cloud was reported by anyone. There was speculation that it was shot down, or didn't happen at all.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Nov 13,2009 1:29pm
Nazi UFOs ahoy!

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2009 1:33pm
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
Nazi UFOs ahoy!

shits no joke. The wunderwaffe bell ftw. I'm sure you're read up on it.. But yea, both the Germans and us experimented with ufos in WWII

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Nov 13,2009 1:45pm

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Nov 13,2009 1:49pm
aril said[orig][quote]
But yea, both the Germans and us experimented with ufos in WWII

I keep hoping there's some awesome alien contact and technologies we've kept hidden.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 13,2009 1:51pm
tony did you get my text about UFO practice

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2009 2:05pm
aril said[orig][quote]
But yea, both the Germans and us experimented with ufos in WWII

I keep hoping there's some awesome alien contact and technologies we've kept hidden.

of course there is. The former canadian defence minister came out last year and said the us posesses alien technology. It's on YouTube..

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Nov 13,2009 3:54pm
i bet real estate on the moon is mad cheap right now. we should buy some of that shit and fuckin rule that place, you know?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 13,2009 3:55pm
i will do my part by writing "Da moon rulez #1" on the side of your car...with a key.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 13,2009 4:03pm
My room mate just texted me with "NASA confirms water on the moon. See ya later God."

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Nov 13,2009 5:42pm
aril said[orig][quote]
The former canadian defence minister came out last year and said the us posesses alien technology.

Hmm. Wish we had it from a more credible source. I think Canada has a military somewhere, probably impersonating homeless people.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 13,2009 5:47pm

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2009 6:23pm
aril said[orig][quote]
The former canadian defence minister came out last year and said the us posesses alien technology.

Lol. True.
Hmm. Wish we had it from a more credible source. I think Canada has a military somewhere, probably impersonating homeless people.

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Nov 13,2009 7:19pm
thats just a puddle of Neil Armstrongs piss

toggletoggle post by mattkings at Nov 13,2009 8:28pm
We're whalers on the moon, We carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales. So we tell tall tales. And sing our whaling tune.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Nov 13,2009 8:33pm
I see no good reason to doubt there is water on the moon.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Nov 13,2009 8:53pm
Am I the only person who doesn't really give 2 shits about this?

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 13,2009 9:10pm
quintessence said[orig][quote]

I'm with you, although there's more on the moon they don't publicly discuss.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 13,2009 11:05pm
Golbez

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 16,2009 7:55am
mattkings said[orig][quote]
We're whalers on the moon, We carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales. So we tell tall tales. And sing our whaling tune.

hahahahahaha A+

toggletoggle post by Pires at Nov 16,2009 8:45am

yup. Big fucking deal. It's water. On something that I will never visit nor something I could give a fuck less about.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 9:00am edited Nov 16,2009 9:00am

toggletoggle post by Carl Sagan at Nov 16,2009 9:02am
Yea ok fuck you buddy.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Nov 16,2009 2:04pm
Water on the moon?

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 16,2009 2:10pm
Pires said[orig][quote]

yup. Big fucking deal. It's water. On something that I will never visit nor something I could give a fuck less about.

maybe i'm totally stating the obvious here.... but isn't it a big deal because of the implications? Because if you have water, then the chances of finding life go way up?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 2:14pm
It's the moon. The chances of there being life in an atmosphere-less environment is infinitesimal.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 16,2009 2:20pm
well, i guess the implications AREN'T obvious... lulz (cause i obviously wasn't saying that we're gonna find life ON the moon NOW.) ha, nevermind.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 16,2009 2:30pm
Semi right but partially wrong.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 16,2009 2:31pm
only always.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 2:35pm
I am referring to life that originated there. I'm sure the aliens living in their colonies are doing just fine.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Nov 16,2009 2:41pm
aril said[orig][quote]
partially-Semi right-nut; bong.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 16,2009 3:54pm
carbon-based life is not the only life.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 6:02pm edited Nov 16,2009 7:45pm
No one said it was. Carbon life is simple because carbon has 4 valence electrons and is fine with either losing those 4 valence electrons to have 0 or gaining 4 valence electrons to have 8. Elements like having either 0 or 8 valence electrons.
The other elements that could do this same kind of thing are silicon, germanium, tin, and lead.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 6:04pm
aril said[orig][quote]

Also, you can NOT say outright that it is not the only form of life. You have no proof otherwise. Show me a silicon based life form that isn't in vault 20,000 leagues below the sea being pried open by government scientists, plz.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 16,2009 6:13pm
scientists presume there are silicon based life forms on space.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 6:17pm
i presume there are giant goatses floating around in space. I am a scientist now.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 16,2009 6:20pm
For all we know there is. Ignorance has no place in the universe.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 16,2009 6:25pm
Martins said[orig][quote]
I am a scientist now.

surely you are with your science lesson above. arguing the hypothetical biochemestry of life outside of earth on rttp? moar likely than you think.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 7:41pm
Ignorance either way has no place in the universe. You can't say that there ARE aliens and be ignorant to the idea that maybe there aren't. You can't say that there AREN'T aliens and be ignorant to the idea that maybe there are.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 16,2009 7:45pm
Given the magnitude of the universe, I'd beg to differ.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 7:48pm
Kiss me on the lips, you big lug.

toggletoggle post by aril at Nov 16,2009 8:07pm
Well that's a gay statement if I've ever heard one.

The fact is, water molecules are present on the moon, but I wouldn't disclude anything out of the equation just yet. We simply don't know enough, but preliminary research states that the lunar SURFACE has no life.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 8:20pm
aril said[orig][quote]
Well that's a gay statement if I've ever heard one.

Ignorance has no place in the universe.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Nov 16,2009 8:26pm
Martins said[orig][quote]
aril said[orig][quote]

Also, you can NOT say outright that it is not the only form of life. You have no proof otherwise. Show me a silicon based life form that isn't in vault 20,000 leagues below the sea being pried open by government scientists, plz.

But one should not stick to the side of ONLY carbon life exist because of that. The universe is fucking HUGE of course. There is no good reason why we should think of it as 100%Yes or 100%No. But, MAY BE, let's find out. If you think scientifically, you'll see that it is not absurd to consider non carbon based life somewhere in this mighty universe.

Some believe that "higher" forms of life cannot exist because our planet is special. Just at the right distance from the sun and so on. But how the fuck would they know? Of all the trillion+ of planets in the Milky way alone our is special? Life has been found in places thought to be too extreme for any life. From those simple life forms, who knows what can happen after several million years?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Nov 16,2009 10:06pm
I guess I should make myself clear. I would FUCKING LOVE for aliens to exist. And I thoroughly believe they could be made of one silicon, germanium, tin, or lead. It would be so metal for aliens to be made of metal (or semiconductor substrates except I fucking hate tin solder).

I just feel it's good to play devil's advocate... because, in the end, no one knows who's right. Except aril. He knows.

toggletoggle post by ArilliusBM  at Nov 16,2009 10:49pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Soulless Lunar Frankenstein
[default homepage] [print][1:40:56am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.03580 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]