New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> FaceBook news feed by the_reverend on Oct 26,2009 12:28pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 12:28pm
why did it stop updating when you click "home"? that makes the site mostly worthless.

toggletoggle post by sever at Oct 26,2009 12:28pm
you have to click on "live feed."

toggletoggle post by sever at Oct 26,2009 12:29pm
it is gay as hell though.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 26,2009 12:33pm
Totally stupid. I actually got annoyed enough to send feedback about it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 12:36pm
I was thinking about sending feedback too, but idk how to do that. I tired to look for a config for it, but there isn't one. seems like news feed is the only application that doesn't have application settings.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Oct 26,2009 12:42pm
face...book?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 12:49pm
you are still on mybook aren't you.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 26,2009 12:53pm edited Oct 26,2009 12:54pm
i facebooked yo momz

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 26,2009 12:54pm
Why does social networking matter?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 26,2009 12:55pm
social networking exists for the sole purpose of angering you and tony

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 26,2009 12:55pm
duh, because everyone is awesome and everyone needs to know everything about everyone's measly lives all the time. how else would you know if someone was brushing their teeth or not?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 26,2009 12:56pm
us Yeti folk are too ingrained to outdoor life.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 26,2009 12:58pm
the only good thing I got out of facebook was that during the summer, some girls post pictures of them in bikinis and bathing suits. hey, you posted them, not me. it's alright if I look at them.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 26,2009 12:59pm edited Oct 26,2009 1:00pm
you can bitch all you want about it (and i agree with you on many points) but you cannot argue against this FACT:

Facebook = free advertising and show promotion for bands

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Oct 26,2009 1:03pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
the only good thing I got out of facebook was that during the summer, some girls post pictures of them in bikinis and bathing suits. hey, you posted them, not me. it's alright if I look at them.

truth

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 26,2009 1:12pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
you can bitch all you want about it (and i agree with you on many points) but you cannot argue against this FACT:

Facebook = free advertising and show promotion for bands

that is the one thing i can agree with, yet at the same time, it has allowed for people to consider promotion being a flyer posted online.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 26,2009 1:26pm
true but its also proven to be more effective at targetting an audience that will actually go to said show. thats not to say it should be a replacement for old school promotion techniques but any supplemental promotional tools can be useful (especially when they are free of charge)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 1:34pm
"Nick Gilman
Heres the better worded way.
Got this from a friend and it worked! If you dont like the new FB here is how you can change it back to the old. Look to the top left menu and click on MORE. Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to top, click on it. That becomes your default and it is like before. Pass it on"

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Oct 26,2009 1:38pm
That's still not accurate. The old feed incorporated more than just status updates.

toggletoggle post by TheRidersofDoom  at Oct 26,2009 2:09pm
my mom and her husband just added me, the party just got crashed, no more flirting with women and posting lyrics about satan and odin!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 26,2009 2:24pm
Prediction: this new facebook layout will be gone in 2 weeks.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 26,2009 2:28pm
or people will get used to it and stop complaining about silly things like facebook layouts.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Oct 26,2009 2:28pm
Wah wah wah I don't have a facebook but you don't see me bitching do you?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 26,2009 2:29pm
Why would you bitch about something you wouldn't have? That's not meaningful, Petr.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 26,2009 2:31pm
The only thing I enjoy bitching about is the effect social networking as had on society. And it's more of a negative one than a positive one.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 2:38pm
with out this, how can I find out what frank merrel is drinking, listening to, and what death metal LP cover he most represents at 4:30am?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 26,2009 2:50pm
You'll have to resort to MINDFREAKS like the rest of the sane world.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Oct 26,2009 5:34pm
Prediction: one year from now another social networking site will come around and everyone will forget to log in to their facebooks.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 9:36pm
fuckbooks?!? ok!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 27,2009 10:19am
immortal13 said[orig][quote]
Prediction: one year from now another social networking site will come around and everyone will forget to log in to their facebooks.

Hey now, be fair...it'll be 2 years.

I enjoy social networking, it eliminates any phone guilt I used to have for hating the phone and never calling my friends to see how they are. Now I can keep track of them at my convenience without using that wretched shrieking telephone...it's excellent. Of course, I'm also a self-absorbed asshole...

I will turn in my "cool kid" card at the door.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 27,2009 10:33am
there's not much left, your metal card was revoked years ago, and now you are turning in your cool kid card.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 27,2009 10:38am
Thankfully I still have my cynical cunt card.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 27,2009 10:38am
that they can never take from thee.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][3:02:00pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01570 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]